Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

FS: 1999 Maxima SE Chicago Burbs

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 02:38 PM

FS: 1999 Maxima SE Chicago Burbs

I'm selling the ol' lady's fully loaded gray/black 1999 Max. She gave the go ahead on a new Pathfinder so it has to go. We are the only owners and purchased it 12/98. No accidents no stories.

http://picasaweb.google.com/heckler40/99Maxima#

Recent items:
1) New belts (2010)
2) New CV boots (2010)
3) New alternator (2010)
4) New rear calipers, both (2010)
5) New sway bar/end links (2010)
6) New struts/shocks (2008)

Most of the maintenance has been completed by myself. Oil changes in spring and fall with Nissan oil filters and M1 Syn (have some left to go with car). Tune ups have been performed at normal intervals by myself with the appropriate NGKs. Battery is an Optima Red Top.

Items that need attention:
1) As you can see, there is some rust
2) Power steering leaks a little but no issues yet - top off every 3-4 months
3) Very small oil leak (assume from main or gasket) - no adds between oil changes
4) Air condition started blowing cool this year

Overall runs great and starts with no issues and first time. Tranny is in great condition, no slipping, no nothing. Engine is great and still gets 300+ miles to 3/4 of a tank of gas. All seats and windows work (including seat heat). No torn or rips on leather but is slightly worn on drivers bolster where seat belt rubs. Car has a tranny cooler and a hitch (started towing a light trailer in 2009).

Paint is in good condition with no flaking or peeling. I've used Zaino on all my cars for 8+ years now. There are scratches and dings (when people park into you, got lightly swiped in parking lot on left side). If you want closeups or anything just let me know.

Title is clear no stories.

I know I'm forgetting something but let me know if you would like more info or pics.

Asking $3250 obo!

Thanks!

Additional info:
1) Power roof never leaks and works great
2) Had the coil packs replaced around 85k
3) Has almost 161k on the clock
4) New exhaust from cat on back (2009)
5) New o2 sensors (2008 or 2009)

Last edited by dual; 05-16-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:07 PM

No one interested? KBB says $3300 in fair condition for private sale. Bump!
Old 05-23-2010, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by dual
No one interested? KBB says $3300 in fair condition for private sale. Bump!
WOW WOW WOW...That is one clean *** car.....Beauty to see...But most people on the org are looking to buy 5 speeds sticks....Including myself...I have a automatic now. But hey that is a beautiful clean and well kept max...Good Luck With Sale
Old 05-28-2010, 09:52 AM

Thanks for the props. Anyone interested?
Old 05-28-2010, 10:13 AM

Can you post pics here? I cant access those pics here at work but am interested in seeing it since you say it has rust and NY says it is super clean...Im curious what it actually looks like.

And Im in the burbs too so local.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:59 AM

KBB is $2805 private party fair value in your area. I don't doubt that it runs well, but that body has a lot of rust. How's the lower radiator support looking?
Old 05-28-2010, 11:01 AM

someone please post pics here?? How is it that you list rust...and one person says thats a lot of rust...yet someone else comes on here saying how sick and clean it is?? Did you pay him to say its clean?
Old 05-28-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by hotrodder
someone please post pics here?? How is it that you list rust...and one person says thats a lot of rust...yet someone else comes on here saying how sick and clean it is?? Did you pay him to say its clean?
If you can't be civil, take it another thread or keep your comments to yourself.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by VQ30MPG
KBB is $2805 private party fair value in your area. I don't doubt that it runs well, but that body has a lot of rust. How's the lower radiator support looking?
I can take a look and post more pics (been a while since I last looked). KBB said $3300 when I checked it and fair was the lowest condition I could select (which its really not in other than the rust). Could be you didn't select the other options?

Being a Chicago car, it's not a lot of rust honestly. Those areas are the typical areas for runoff and rust (obviously a design issue). If you notice, there's no rust in the middle of the hood, or the roof for example.

Give me a couple hours and I'll take more pics.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by dual
If you can't be civil, take it another thread or keep your comments to yourself.
First off buddy, that was what you would call a joke..I was asking if you could post the pics in this thread as opposed to linking them somewhere that is blocked at my work....lighten up.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:04 PM

Now that I can see the pics...thats not terrible rust for a Chicago area car. Is the rust on the rockers just drip over or is it actual rust? If its just runover from the rust on the doors have you tried taking it off with a very fine grit sandpaper or clay bar or something? It looks like it would clean up well. And the front fenders rust ALL THE TIME but are easy enough to replace. The doors and all are easy enough to replace too so to anyone concerned about the rust, it really doesnt look all that bad. Definitely something that can be nipped now and avoid further rusting. I was def interested in seeing pics but in my opinion the price is a bit high for the mileage and what it needs cosmetically. Good luck though
Old 05-30-2010, 01:14 PM

Hopefully you understand (as you seem to) that I'm just trying to make sure everything's fair here. I agree the rust isn't terrible for Chicago (would be a lot for VA), but the poster who was raving about how clean it was, seemed a little too excited about it. The way he was talking sounded like you had less rust than I do, which is very little.

Regarding KBB, I double checked. I may have missed the premium stereo option before, but I'm not sure. I also tried setting wheels to 'premium' instead of just 'alloy' (a generous change) and still only got $2975 for the Fair value.

Also, I just checked NADA, which puts Average and Clean at $2625 and $3325 respectively (again, with all options). Those are trade-in values, though, so you should expect a little more from a private party.

Again, just trying to show what's fair. GLWS (bump).