Maximas for Sale / Wanted Have a Maxima that you want to sell? Looking for a Maxima? Let the world know about it. Be sure to include your location in the description!

2000 Maxima SE 5sp Black/Tan

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 07:39 PM

2000 Maxima SE 5sp Black/Tan

2000 Nissan Maxima SE 5-speed

152,xxx miles (I had to drive all over the state with my job so I averaged about 23,000 miles a year. Service was always performed regularly by Nissan)

Black Exterior
Tan Interior
All options that I know of on a 2000
Bose
Auto Climate Control
Sunroof
Leather
Heated Seats
Dual Power Seats
Homelink
It was an early model 2000 so it has the 16" 5 spoke wheels (17" wasn't an option yet)

The car was sold/leased new in CO and then was purchased by the Topeka, KS Nissan dealer at auction. The second owner purchased the car from there and had all service work done there. I purchased the car from him in Feb. 2004 with 82,000 miles on it. I also have had all service done at the Nissan dealer with regular oil changes (Mobile). Items I took care of include MAF sensor replaced with OEM, all O2 sensors replaced, master slave cylinder on the clutch replaced. Brand new tires put on today with a full 4 wheel alignment. Car is very sharp with the Black and full tinted windows.

Items to note:
I was at Sonic when a high school driver backed out of a stall and got the driver door. I was completely stopped with no where to go and their vehicle was literally creeping back. It was like slow motion and I kept waiting for them to stop. Well they didn't, damage was limited to the side view mirror and the door skin. I am pretty picky about my vehicles so I had my local body shop (this guy is good and does alot of high dollar work) do extra work. The door skin was replaced along with the side view mirror. We all know how the paint chips and I hated the front license plate so I had a new front bumper cover installed and then had the whole front (bumper, hood), driver side (fender, driver door, passenger door) painted so it all would match better and get rid of the paint chips and license plate I hated. A few chips are back but are pretty normal with these cars. There are just a few light dents and scratches on the car that are minimal. One spot on the roof (driver side) has a dent in it about 1 inch from a football at a tailgate. It is on top so it isn't that noticable.

A clutch will be needed sometime in the future but is still fine as of now.

A tune up probally wouldn't hurt either, but I may have this complete within the next few days anyways.

Bose rear sub was blown when I got it, I removed it leaving only the cover (Problem solved below)

I can't think of anything else.

Add ons: Thanks to the .org when I got this car I added some things

Front Strut Bar Otto
Clear Corner Lenses LED bulbs (no pink!)
Chrome Gauge Bezels
AE Door seals, foot pedals, and shifter ****
350z Dead Pedal already modified, I never installed it
K&N Filter

Sub fix

I added the PAC adapter to the Bose head unit and had a JL Audio 500/1 amp pushing a JL Audio 12W7 in the JL Audio Sealed Enclosure. I can't say enough about how awesome this combo is. I use the fade on the headunit (not bass adjustment) to fad out the rear a knotch or two when I don't want pounding bass and then back to the middle when I do. It integrates very well and with the low signal/signal turn on feature of the JL amp nothing is sacrificed. I have a JL Audio remote base **** hidden in the fuse area.

I had D2 coilovers on this car http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/D2-N05
along with 18" 6 spoke 350z wheels and it really finished out the clean look I was going for. They are fully adjustable and I had them with about an inch of wheel gap and got nothing but compliments. This setup has about 40,000 miles on them when I just pulled them off cause the tires were done. I replaced it with Tokico Blue Sturts with the factory springs, stock wheels and new tires. The coilovers are still fine as far as I know and they are rebuildable for future reference. 18" tires are all that is needed to go back to that setup. I still kick myself because I apparently don't have any pictures of that setup.

Enough babbling here are the pictures

http://community.webshots.com/user/deo8564

I have clear custom fitted floor mats in the car and they are a little discolored from winter (plus it was a rainy day when I took the pics so the driver one is wet) That is not a carpet stain is my point.

Price

car without the 18" wheels, coilovers, and JL equipment (wiring will be left ran) but with all the other extras plus the original factory stuff taken off $6500

add 18" wheels and coilovers $700

add JL Audio Equipment $700

Price for everything would be $7900

I am firm on all pricing and decided to give the .org a week to digest this and get some feedback if nothing else. After that I will look at other avenues to sell it.

As you can tell by the length of this post I am a very honest person and have tried to fully disclose everything as well as let the new buyer know what might be needed in the future.

Located in Topeka, KS and I will help with delivery however possible within reason.

Thanks for viewing!!!
Old 04-12-2007, 10:36 AM

So did I write too much or is it my location? I realize the miles are higher then ideal, but should be reflected in the price. This car is very clean and would make someone a great car for many more miles. And for $7900 someone could have a car that looks like it cost much more. That sub and box still sell for over a grand new, the amp is like $700 new, the coilovers push a grand shipped, and the wheels weren't cheap when I got them either. I forgot to mention that there is window tint as you can see in the pictures. Tires are brand new Fuzion HRI's which if you check tire rack rate great and have a very cool tread pattern. Let me know if I am missing something here, thanks
Old 04-13-2007, 09:15 PM

pm me with a price if you are willing to separate the coilovers from the wheels. ive been considering a set of d2s
Old 04-13-2007, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by 97neptune
pm me with a price if you are willing to separate the coilovers from the wheels. ive been considering a set of d2s
Yes that seems to be the only thing anyone wants. There are three people ahead of you and one can pick them up so I wouldn't have to ship. Still waiting to see if I can sell it all together. I have some local listings coming up. Thanks
Old 04-16-2007, 08:37 AM

Have the 2000 faulty coils been changed to the 01 "grey dot" ones?
Old 04-20-2007, 06:34 PM

I always wondered about this since some people said some of the newer ones didn't always have the dots. I have never been able to find a grey dot looking all around them while still installed. I am not sure if they are original or not. All I do know is that I have not had one problem with them the 3 + years and 70,000 miles I have had the car.

Like I said folks this car got babied since it was my only ride. I did all the service on this car to keep it running great. It cleans up really sharp and honestly looks like it has 100,000 less miles on it.

Anymore questions just ask. I am breaking up the other gear now so if you are interested in any of the parts let me know.

The D2's are sold unless the buyer backs out.

Thanks!!!!

Originally Posted by cflemm
Have the 2000 faulty coils been changed to the 01 "grey dot" ones?
Old 04-21-2007, 07:23 PM

I just did a tune up on the vehicle, new spark plugs (NGK), new belts, new belt tensioner. I forgot to mention I serviced the air conditioner about a year ago and put on a new commpressor and recharged the system. This car is ready to go and shouldn't need any maintance right away.

I would like some feed back from the 500+ people that have visited this post. Even if you have no interest in the car give me some advice. I have had no one interested in this car.

Thanks!