Rating Summary
Options
From
Date
Negative
Bought trans swap parts...got missing/wrong/broken parts. TERRIBLE communication
Rating Already Submitted
Report Bad Rating
Buyer traxtar944 (12)
10-17-2007
traxtar944
10-17-2007, 05:25 PM
This is copied DIRECTLY from the paypal dispute. He finally ended up admitting that he should send me some money for the wrong, missing, or broken parts I received from him..... I have yet to see any cash. He said he'd pay me the day before the dispute closed. I let it go thinking I'd get my money. Needless to say, I'm pretty unsatisfied with his communication and level of service. I could NEVER get ahold of him, he didn't return my calls (to this day), and he wasn't much help. Here's the paypal dispute, word for word:

From PayPal: PayPal on 10/7/2007 14:09 PDT
This Dispute has timed out.

From Buyer: Matthew Kielar on 10/5/2007 16:05 PDT
okay...sounds good. Right $130, I can't add I guess. Will the money be sent with the position sensor or via paypal? I'm sorry it was an ordeal as well. It helps that we got to an agreement so we're both relatively happy.

From Seller: Cody Garwood on 10/4/2007 13:15 PDT
75+30+25=130. I'll send it and a position sensor. Sorry this has been such an ordeal for both of us.

From Buyer: Matthew Kielar on 10/2/2007 20:22 PDT
Alright...that's fair with me...$135 would make everything alright with me. I won't object to sending a position sensor either. Thanks for communicating and making things right.

From Seller: Cody Garwood on 10/2/2007 19:13 PDT
I'll pay for the axle, bracket, and hub, since shipping would kill me on those anyway. I was never sent an email about this, otherwise you would already have the parts. I'm not going to pay for the position sensor; If you want one, I can send you one.

From Buyer: Matthew Kielar on 9/27/2007 15:14 PDT
I spent $75 on a new axle, $65 on a position sensor, $30 on a new shifter bracket, and $25 on a good used hub from a junkyard. All together about $200 spent on fixing/replacing parts that we obviously both agree should have been included in the original order. So what do you think is fair? I don't need a new position sensor, as I have already purchased a new one out of necessity to get the car running.

From Buyer: Matthew Kielar on 9/27/2007 15:13 PDT
I spent $75 on a new axle, $65 on a position sensor, $30 on a new shifter bracket, and $25 on a good used hub from a junkyard. All together about $200 spent on fixing/replacing parts that we obviously both agree should have been included in the original order. So what do you think is fair? I don't need a new position sensor, as I have already purchased a new one out of necessity to get the car running.

From Seller: Cody Garwood on 9/27/2007 07:15 PDT
In your message, you stated that was everything you needed. On the phone you expressed that you were on a time constraint, so I took everything on the list and sent it on a pallet the same day. You didn't say "quite clearly" you needed more until after you received the pallet; by then my parts car was crushed. I tried to help get you everything else for that you needed, free. The parts came off of the car I drove throughout high school, so everything fits and is in good working order( they also fit). You have not sent me any emails regarding your recent problems. The shifter assembly was sent because it was on you list. The bracket was not, and I couldn't find you one. I can pay for an axle, and send you a position sensor...what else do you want??

From Buyer: Matthew Kielar on 9/22/2007 12:18 PDT
Yes, those are some of the first messages exchanged between the two of us. I made it quite clear during telephone conversations and other messages that I did not have a parts car and therefore had nothing available to do the transmission swap. The complexity or technicality of the swap was not a problem....not having the correct parts was the problem. I specified that the list was general, and only listed the main pieces needed for the swap. I did not think I would have to specify each nut, bolt, spring, and clip needed, since I verbally stated that information. I do appreciate the extra parts sent. The UDP and Flywheel/clutch were a nice suprise....but they do not make my car run. It still does not take away from the fact that the driver's side axle was incorrect, the position sensor was broken, the pasenger's side hub is scored beyond safe use from a bad bearing, neither support rods fit, I wasted time and money on CV boots for the wrong axle, the entire shifter assembly was missing or broken, the support rod bracket is missing, there aren't any bolts or nuts to assemble anything...and that's just off the top of my head. As stated before...I still don't even know if the transmission itself works. Any other parts sent "free of charge" should have been included in the original shipment...as they part of everything needed to do the swap.

From Seller: Cody Garwood on 9/21/2007 08:35 PDT
I was given a list and I fufilled it. If you needed other parts, you should have listed them. I have sent everything on the list, and a lot more, free of charge. I have tracking numbers to prove it. I have sold many other 5 speed swap kits without incident. The complaintant should not have taken on a mechanical task this large without help. If he wants me to pay for an axle ($65 at autozone), that's fine. The conversation, via maxima.org, initiating the transaction is as follows...
Originally Posted by traxtar944
Originally Posted by nismosleeper

Originally Posted by traxtar944
Well, my auto transmission crapped out today.... I'm in the market to swap in a 5spd with VLSD. If you have that, along with parts to convert from the auto, then I'd be willing to spend about $1200 on the whole thing. If that sounds like a deal you'd like to make, then call me as SOON as you get this, or send me a PM. My phone is 630-835-7315. I am quite serious about this. I was going to spend the cash on paint and tail lights, but this is higher priority...and I'd appreciate your help. Looking forward to hearing from you soon...
-Matt
750 shipped for everything. 918 902-6707
Thanks,

Cody
Just to confirm, here's a list of everything I'll need
master cylinder
slave cylinder
tranny (of course)
90 degree brackets
dust shield
flywheel
clutch
throw out bearing
forks
trans mounts
axles
spindles
linkage
shifter
shift boot
plastic plate for p/c trans switch
pedals
If you can do all that for $750 shipped, I'll paypal you the cash whenever you give me a call back. Thanks again for all the help. I'm going to go ahead and get this from you, since I said I'd get back to you after our conversation.
From Buyer: Matthew Kielar on 9/18/2007 09:23 PDT
I have records of all additional money I had to spend on replacing broken parts or ordering new parts from the dealer and other various auto shops. Upon request, I can give the exact dollar amount...in addition to the $750 spent on what should have been everything....that I have spent on this "project". I specifically completed the transaction with the understanding that I would receive everything necessary to swap a manual transmission into an automatic car. That has obviously not been the case.

From Buyer: Matthew Kielar on 9/17/2007 14:02 PDT
I purchased all the parts necessary to do a transmission swap. The seller did not include any necessary bolts, and many parts were missing. One of the criteria of the sale was for the parts to arrive with enough time for me to do the swap before school began on Aug 27th, and I am still doing it because school started and I can only do work on the car over the weekend. The entire shifter holder assembly was missing, then when shipped later arrived unusable. The support rod bracket is missing, and the support rods themselves are also bent beyond use. Also, an axle for an entirely different car was sent, and I was forced to buy a replacement for $75 plus wasting money on CV boots for the incorrect axle. I am still trying to locate parts to replace missing/broken parts that I cannot use. The entire process has been a nightmare, and the seller does not return my calls or answer my messages. I am completly unsatisfied and feel cheated. I still have no idea if the transmission itself is working. The parts I need are either missing, damaged, different from what I need, or arrived much too late to complete the installation on time. Any help with this issue would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.