Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

NO START! URGENT HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 04:31 PM

NO START! URGENT HELP!

I went to pull the ECM today just to check if anything has burned up because I replaced the MAF Sensor and now it just stalls at stops and when I let off the gas at slow speeds. Now I unplugged the battery and attempted to remove the ECM. I removed the plug attached to it and I was unable to remove it due to not having the right phillips screwdriver to get it out. So I plugged everything back up and plugged the battery back in now it won't start. It will crank and crank and the security light is on solid. I shut everything and locked the car and unlocked it and put the key in and out 5 seconds with each. NOTHING. I went back to the plug and it seems a little loose, as in I can move it in and out slightly but the black clip that holds it in is tight and engaged. I have no clue what to do. It was running just fine other than the stalling, before I removed the harness from the ECM. Any ideas what could be wrong? I need help asap as I have to get this back together for my great grandmother to drive. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:09 AM

You triggered the kill switch in the security. not sure on how to reset it. But, I'm sure someone else does
Old 11-04-2011, 11:24 AM

Have you read this? It might help.

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...d-seconds.html
Old 11-04-2011, 12:37 PM

Yeah I have read through this and that it why I was trying to take the ECM out to check if everything was ok. I was advised by another member to unplug the electric motor mounts asap as well. But now I NEED to get it started. Anybody know how to reset the security system or something. Should I pull the battery for a long period of time maybe?
Old 11-04-2011, 06:52 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/5th-generat...u-02-03-a.html

Check post #25. Read the entire thread as well..
Old 11-07-2011, 08:21 AM

Went through the reset process and nothing. I can't even read the ECM with my code reader. I had it towed to my local shop that I have all my work done at and she said she will try to get it unlocked, she says I locked it up... Hopefully she can do it or I'm off to Lokey Infiniti to have it unlocked and hopefully not have to have it re-flashed...
Old 11-07-2011, 10:47 AM

Really strange, man. I have unplugged mine, plugged it back in, left the battery on, etc etc and it has never done that. Maybe you just got the "luck" of the draw. Most likely you will require a Consult II/III to "unlock" it. (Dealership only, 1hr labor usually).
Old 11-07-2011, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by christopher.spitler
Really strange, man. I have unplugged mine, plugged it back in, left the battery on, etc etc and it has never done that. Maybe you just got the "luck" of the draw. Most likely you will require a Consult II/III to "unlock" it. (Dealership only, 1hr labor usually).
Hey man,
I appreciate all of your help. I just got a call from the lady I know at the repair shop and she said "you're gonna hit yourself in the head for this" I didn't have it plugged in enough.... WOW. and now she said it is running fine, no stalling or anything. I said drive it a little bit and it will do it. And I will be unplugging the electric mounts tonight when I get it back.
Old 11-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Infi30t
Hey man,
I appreciate all of your help. I just got a call from the lady I know at the repair shop and she said "you're gonna hit yourself in the head for this" I didn't have it plugged in enough.... WOW. and now she said it is running fine, no stalling or anything. I said drive it a little bit and it will do it. And I will be unplugging the electric mounts tonight when I get it back.
I told you so Sorry, had to say it. That is a really weird connector though. Glad to hear everything's OK. Looks like you just needed an ECU reset, which you did by having it unplugged for that long. Hopefully they don't charge you!
Old 11-07-2011, 11:37 AM

No she won't be charging me and hopefully that is all it is. I will find out in about an hour after they drove it and checked it out some more. Now you got me all paranoid with those electric mounts, I can't wait to get them unplugged... haha.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:13 AM

Now I got the call today that it is running, but still stalling. No codes being thrown no nothing. So they are relating it to the IACV but nothing is burned up in the ECM so maybe just replace the IACV and be on my way...?
Old 11-09-2011, 07:41 PM

So in the end all it ended up being was the MAF sensor. I was sold a universal by Advance Auto Parts that had an extra pin with it and that was screwing everything up. SO my repair shop had it for 3 days before we figured this out and thankfully that's all it was. I have unplugged the electric motor mounts and the car drives like brand new again. Got the correct MAF sensor in it and all is well. Never been better. Thanks for all the help. Thanks again to you too Chris!
P.S. Don't buy your parts from Advance Auto Parts, I have been told their parts are low quality and most are universal meaning they fit multiple cars even though they fit perfect on your car. Do research instead of settling for low quality and rushing like I did. I just wanted the car fixed. Never again...
Old 11-09-2011, 07:44 PM

Again, told you so. When it comes to the critical components such as that, I go OEM unless people here have a recommendation as to another part to use. I NEVER use advance for anything unless it's permatex or car wash Glad it's all fixed.