Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Tokico HP + Eibach Pro Kit Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 07:11 AM

Tokico HP + Eibach Pro Kit Review

Alrighty, well I just got my shocks installed yesterday and for the 50 miles I have driven it so far I am really happy. But let me do a comparison of what it used to be before and after these were on...

Before, I was riding on shocks with 180k miles on them with Eibach Pro Kit. And the ride was absolutely HORRIBLE. These would bounce like there's no tomorrow. The back of the car would actually get .2 inches lower with one occupant in the back. It seemed that the chassis and the car's occupants absorbed all the bumps in the road instead of the shocks themselves. Handling actually felt okay to me, but there was a fair amount of body roll. And I used to understeer a hella lot because my front shocks had no rebound. I would just dip in. Braking was bad, I would have to, at times, peg it to the floor to stop because the car would just nose dive. Basically, I needed new shocks. And it turned out all 4 shocks were leaking fluid lol.

After, my god SO MUCH BETTER! The ride is sooo smooth now, that is, on smooth roads; it's an OEM ride. Going on rough roads does remind me of my old shocks as it does get jolty, but it isn't as dramatic. The handling is FAR better than what it used to be, this car goes wherever you point it to go. The car is flat through the curves, not too much body roll at all. I still have to find time to really test the handling though . Braking is also much better. You can immediately feel the rebound once you touch that brake pedal, practically no nose dive. One thing that I may not like as much is the connection I feel with the road; the ride is smooth but I don't feel as connected a with the road as I used to be, it may be because I was used to feeling every imperfection on the road lol.

Overall, this combo is awesome. I love the ride the most because I had been dealing with a crappy ride for over a year and now it puts a smile on my face on how smooth it is.

Oh and sorry if this is more extensive than it needs to be. Just trying to explain my situation . Hope this helped!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:49 AM

I had a blown strut and replaced all 4 with tokico blues. I left the stock springs on as i didnt want a rough ride. My car handles like an I30 touring should. Smooth over bumps yet stiff enough that there is no body roll around turns and the thing doesnt dip with heavy braking.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:50 AM

Good to know that its better now. I was just wondering though, why not put stock OEM shocks? wouldn't it be better in everything?
Old 06-16-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by pahanorlando
Good to know that its better now. I was just wondering though, why not put stock OEM shocks? wouldn't it be better in everything?
Not if you want a super sporty ride....
Old 06-16-2011, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by DavefromCA
I had a blown strut and replaced all 4 with tokico blues. I left the stock springs on as i didnt want a rough ride. My car handles like an I30 touring should. Smooth over bumps yet stiff enough that there is no body roll around turns and the thing doesnt dip with heavy braking.
yep, they're awesome. And my springs make it better
Old 06-16-2011, 08:00 AM

Like Dave said, I wanted some handling. Plus these shocks are made for drops and are even UNDER WARRANTY with a drop, something I didn't find with the GR-2s. Plus the reviews were better for these compared to GR-2s. I think they would have the same effect as the Hps though. I have yet to break them in though
Old 06-16-2011, 09:17 AM

I see, but quality wise, OEM are better right? and OEM are more luxury and comfortable, right?
Old 06-16-2011, 09:36 AM

I see, but quality wise, OEM are better right? and OEM are more luxury and comfortable, right?
Yes oem are not going to be softer and not so aggressive. They're more for the population thats driving to work 20 miles a day that want to listen to classical music and sip espresso or whatever...quality wise is hard to say to me. They both have good build quality but since aftermarket performacne stuff is more agressive id say itd prolly wear out faster. I left the stock springs on because the roads near me are garbage. Its acutally good to have the Tokicos on because they dont "bounce" nearly as much.

and ya i forgot they drop the car to...

Last edited by DavefromCA; 06-16-2011 at 09:43 AM.