Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Raise your hand if you agree that my wife's car is totaled...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

LOL $1500? I wish....around here the cost of living is already stupid ridiculous and people seem to think that Hondas walk (or drive) on water because it is hard to find a decent one for any less than $2500....even the f*ed up ones with body damage and super high miles want like $1200-$1500...hahaha

But I'm looking at getting either a Y33 Q45 or an 02-04 Acura RL for her replacement car...
Old 01-24-2008, 08:33 PM

[QUOTE=But I'm looking at getting either a Y33 Q45 or an 02-04 Acura RL for her replacement car...[/QUOTE]

I'm particularly fond of the 00-01 Y33's and the 02 F50's are dirt cheap these days. The RL of last generation is a fine car, but not quite as nice (IMHO) as either the late Y33's and of course the F50's.

Either way, I hope you and your wife enjoy whatever you decide to purchase.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:46 PM

Well the squeaky wheel gets the grease...

After calling....and calling...and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling and calling....

I did my usual first call and voicemail of the day, and within 5 minutes that b!tch from the insurance company called me back....

Originally Posted by B!tch
Mr. Teran, we are going to go ahead and declare the car a total loss and forward your claim onto the Totals Department. You should be hearing from them in a few days with details on a settlement

Originally Posted by Me
Can you tell me who will be in charge of my claim in that department?......SO I WILL KNOW WHO TO CALL...

She looked it up and gave me the name and extension number for "Crystal." Nice maybe I'll get a lap dance out of this too or something...

Anyhow...I'm not kidding all of last week and all yesterday I was calling that woman and leaving her a voicemail every single time saying the same exact thing almost verbatim.

So now comes the REAL fight

I know I really have to wait for them to throw out the first offer, but any tips on how to talk to them, what to say and how to say it to get the amount of money that I want???

I'm no stranger to being a hardass and standing my ground when money's involved, but I want to have some good cards to play too should the need arise...

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2008, 07:43 PM

Sucks man, I feel sorry for you, I'm glad your wife is okay, it just sucks that you have no car to drive AND you have to deal with this PoS insurance company.

I'm 21 and I feel that driving is not only a privelage and must be attained by jumping through the DMV's hoops, but it's also an accomplishment to get a license by 16 and if you don't have one. there should be extreme punishments, personally this kid is 17 didn't take the time to get his damn license and decides that he needs to drive some car around to get to school.. anyone else think this kid needs a good long year of taking the bus?

personally, he shouldn't get his license till he's atleast 21.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:13 AM

im raising my hand sorry
Old 02-07-2008, 04:59 PM

Got my first offer today...

$5,275.19 and I wouldnt get to keep the car...

I wanted to tell her to go f*k herself...

Let the games begin....
Old 02-07-2008, 10:42 PM

Man, so long after the accident to be going through this...sorry to hear. Good luck!
Old 02-08-2008, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Sam o nela
Got my first offer today...

$5,275.19 and I wouldnt get to keep the car...

I wanted to tell her to go f*k herself...

Let the games begin....

Honestly man.. that seems to be what they are going for based off what they are selling for here at the dealership. Of course that depends on how many miles you have on it.

Usuaully though insurance companies like to compensate you Fully, which meens they give you a little more than bare minimum so you can actually buy the same car you had, at a dealership, and even make a little money if you were to buy it private party.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:58 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by sciff5
Honestly man.. that seems to be what they are going for based off what they are selling for here at the dealership. Of course that depends on how many miles you have on it.

Usuaully though insurance companies like to compensate you Fully, which meens they give you a little more than bare minimum so you can actually buy the same car you had, at a dealership, and even make a little money if you were to buy it private party.

NO THEY DON'T!!
It's their job to reduce the compensation for cars to the absolute minimum. they will lowball you every chance they can get and use anything they can to reduce their perceived value of the car.

Now... being the other kid's fault, they're more likely to offer a bit more up front to try to get you to keep your mouth shut and go away in hopes they won't sue... but they'll still offer you about 30% less than what you should be getting for it.

As for how to come up with a reasonable value for the car, start looking around at private and dealership cars. don't list Maximas at all- just use the I30s you find. find as many listings as you can of similar cars and go from there.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:53 PM

Lol dude sciff5...you dont happen to WORK for Viking Insurance do you!!!??? jk...

Totally...the first offer they are trying low ball and see if Im one of the idiots that takes it...they are trying push to see if I am at all knowledgeable about cars and my market...

I told that b!tch to get bent...not literally of course...

She stated that they got the offer based on retail prices for similar cars in my area...I called bullsh!t...and DID TELL HER: "I dont think youve ever been to my area. Everything here is VERY expensive and had your insured's van not totaled my car, I could have sold it for MUCH more than that private party."

So she told me to find some local listings of cars with similar mileage and send them her way for review....auto trader revealed many cars but I chose three...2 with similar mileage for $7400 and $7900 and one with 182,000 miles at a local dealership for $9,990....I wrote a note on the fax stating "These prices are MUCH more realistic for MY area..."

So lets see what she says come Monday...
Old 02-15-2008, 10:32 AM

Damn! sorry to see a good car get such a nasty fate. Best wishes in your duel with those greedy insurance bastards!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:20 PM

Post on both forums! I win!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by AcuraLegend
Post on both forums! I win!
Get a KA7!
Old 03-02-2008, 08:15 PM

Working on it

Not really
Old 03-12-2008, 06:19 PM

^ Hahahaha...

Anyhow....time for the LONG over due update....

Its been a LONG, HARD fight...but now I have come to decision time...

We have reached two figures that I am comfortable walking away with....one figure allows them to take and "dispose of" that car...

The second figure allows me to keep the car....

So I'm wondering.....IF I were to keep the car, would anyone be interested in buying the entire car??

The car and drive train had 140k on them and all were in excellent condition...the whole front clip is fine and was not damaged in the accident...I'm thinking about keeping the G35 wheels and fixing the one damaged one...but for the right price I'll throw THOSE in as well (the tires are still at like 90% tread life!) and the original Touring wheels...the interior leather is in good condition....the front seats have regular wear, but no tears or major cracking....the rear is immaculate (was always under a seat cover). None of the airbags deployed from the accident.

I live in Oxnard, CA so if that will give you any idea about towing charges....

If you live VERY near, it IS possible to maybe drive her on the donut if you tear off the rest of the rear bumper cover...but I would highly advise against it though for safety reasons....

Let me know because I will be making a decision on Friday....I'd rather NOT part it out....I'd like to sell the whole car and the buyer can do with it as they please....but the wifey says "no more cars in the back yard!"

If I get a worthwhile offer, I'll let the insurance know on Friday that I plan to keep it...if not, or no one wants it, I'll be accepting the higher offer and let them take her to the crusher
Old 03-12-2008, 07:58 PM

wow what an ***
Old 03-12-2008, 10:34 PM

^ I beg your pardon?
Old 03-13-2008, 08:11 AM

But I'm looking at getting either a Y33 Q45 or an 02-04 Acura RL for her replacement car...
If you go for the KA9 Acura RL definately look for an '04...the interior improvements made to the final year of the KA9 make it far superior to previous years.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:32 AM

^ Agreed....
Old 03-14-2008, 09:24 AM

Okay so today's the decision day Ive set for myself....

If anyone's interested let me know! Otherwise this car is going bye bye
Old 03-16-2008, 12:15 AM

Well I put in the call Friday....got the adjuster's voicemail, left a message, but wasnt called back.....she gets off work at 3:30pm Arizona time, so by that time Friday, I had a feeling I wasnt going to hear from her...

LOL SOOO....if anyones interested I guess that gives you the rest of this weekend....otherwise I'm putting the call in again on Monday morning and I'll update everyone as soon as we settle....
Old 03-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

defenetly done,
Old 03-18-2008, 05:34 PM

^ Thanks
Old 08-06-2008, 02:00 PM

Damn shady insurance companies
Old 08-10-2008, 09:14 PM

sucks, good luck!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:03 PM

Na not totalled. Needs a little bondo.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:52 PM

Similar thing happened to my wife. She got hit by a kid that was driving his moms car. He did have a license though but was not insured (Even though it is IL law).

What it boiled down to was we had to cover the bill. Our insurance company could not go after him cause was uninsured. So we had to pay the deductible. Total bogus. Was clearly his fault and he was clearly breaking the law and we pay.. Suckers.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:59 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by Yodastoe
Similar thing happened to my wife. She got hit by a kid that was driving his moms car. He did have a license though but was not insured (Even though it is IL law).

What it boiled down to was we had to cover the bill. Our insurance company could not go after him cause was uninsured. So we had to pay the deductible. Total bogus. Was clearly his fault and he was clearly breaking the law and we pay.. Suckers.
what insurance company do you have?
you could sue him and garnish his wages if you have that kind of time/patience
Old 09-08-2008, 05:07 PM

They are supposively still going after him for the charges but I think that is BS. My wifes accident happened Jan 08 and no word yet. I doubt insurance is really going after them considering they have their deductable. I need to follow up but I have mentally wrote it off.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:07 PM

Wow that does suck....time to start calling the kids parents daily asking, "WHERE MY MONEY B!@TCH!?"

No seriously...they NEED to pay and be held accountable!
Old 09-09-2008, 10:41 AM
mod or sell?

Wow that does suck....time to start calling the kids parents daily asking, "WHERE MY MONEY B!@TCH!?"

No seriously...they NEED to pay and be held accountable!
sue the parents.
your lawyer will gladly do the legalese version of" Beatch where's mah munah?!?!?!?!"
Old 09-09-2008, 05:18 PM

LOL.. The parents are a piece that is for sure. They seem to care less. He had to ask to use his mom's car. My opinion it should be her butt on the line.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:39 PM

Yeah. Both hands up and typing with feet.
All kidding aside, I hope your wife is ok. Your car looks totaled, it'll cost more than KBB to fix that. Unforunately after the ins co sells it, someone is going to cut your car in half and weld it to another for resale. I hate buying used cars.
Sorry man.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nail them to the wall. If the viking idiots ever total it are you gonna do a cheap rebuy? I am buying a 92 maxima for my girlfriend. Want to make it a little custom for her. Keep her *** out of my 2003 maxima in the medium stages of mods.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:32 PM

dang, you live in oxnard? me too!

What part of oxnard do you live in? and whats the status update
Old 09-14-2008, 10:46 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

Guys, this is pretty old (March '08).
Old 09-19-2008, 10:00 PM

Hahaha yeah its old alright...and I thought I did update when we settled?? My bad...

Here's the final lowdown (WAY after the fact of course...)

Originally Posted by sam o nela
Well...just thought I'd give the final update!

Its been long enough that they havent said anything so I think Im in the clear...

As of March 28, the Infiniti was signed over to the Little *****es Insurance Company (thats really what they should be called) and I walked away with $6300 (first offer was $5200, second was $5700)....

Anyhow...the car was taken away to salvage only God knows where...

but I'll always have my memories..........................................

Along with all of these items as well..............

Gee...I wonder what could be under that plastic tarp??

This stuff was all sold for a good cause.....money...
Old 09-20-2008, 09:54 AM

sad to see a nice white i30t go to waste...