Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Owners with stock navi...Please enter

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 10:14 AM

Owners with stock navi...Please enter

Can any of you offer some detailed pics of this factory setup. I'm thinking of going carpc, but I must keep the factory headunit so I wanted to look into the option of using the cubby at the top of the dash.
Height, width, and depth measurements of the monitor would be awesome as well.
Also does the unit always stay up or is there some way to kind of hide it? Sorry if my questions seem stupid, but I couldn't find the kind of pics I needed on cardomain.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:28 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by falconey
Can any of you offer some detailed pics of this factory setup. I'm thinking of going carpc, but I must keep the factory headunit so I wanted to look into the option of using the cubby at the top of the dash.
Height, width, and depth measurements of the monitor would be awesome as well.
Also does the unit always stay up or is there some way to kind of hide it? Sorry if my questions seem stupid, but I couldn't find the kind of pics I needed on cardomain.
Here is a link to a thread I had with pics of my car with interior shots. I will check for the width when I get to the car. I know I saw an 2000-2001 I30 that fit a pioneer navigation screen and system where the cubby hole is.

The navigation opens and closes depending on the options you set for it. I have mine set to open manually and when cars shuts off, it closes automatically. I had it set for open automatically once the car is on but, now it's getting old, no need to show off.

I am also thinking about upgrading my screen to a Pioneer LCD touch screen or something like it. It would be cool to be able to watch movies or play games. I have a nav-tv converter but my screen's resolution sucks. Having an aftermarket screen with different setups to play movies/games or something else along with being able to still use the stock navigation system and radio would be pimp.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=418969
Old 09-20-2005, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by leeI35
Having an aftermarket screen with different setups to play movies/games or something else along with being able to still use the stock navigation system and radio would be pimp.
Fo sho....that would be hot and there's no aftermarket gps/navigation that even come's close to stock.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:03 AM

Man you're car is beautiful.
I still wouldn't mind some more detailed pics of the navi. I mean like up close, behind it etc so I can kind of steal ideas. I think some cutting is definitely going to happen. I guess my issue is going to be how do I get the unit to come up like your stock unit and still be able to close.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:44 AM

someone help me please....those dimensions and some detailed pics will save me alot of wasted time...thx in advance