Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

TS ECU installed today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

TS ECU installed today...

Wow... I never expected it to be like this... The change is so huge. I'm hoping to get to the 1/8th mile track once more before I begin the 00VI install to see what the difference is. I have to say that this is the most noticable mod yet. Who else has done a ECU upgrade? I'd like to take a moment and say "GATES ROCKS" for hooking me up with this. I'm glad we have our own little world here on the org...
Old 08-16-2005, 09:51 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by KNYFE
Wow... I never expected it to be like this... The change is so huge. I'm hoping to get to the 1/8th mile track once more before I begin the 00VI install to see what the difference is. I have to say that this is the most noticable mod yet. Who else has done a ECU upgrade? I'd like to take a moment and say "GATES ROCKS" for hooking me up with this. I'm glad we have our own little world here on the org...
What did you have modified??
Old 08-16-2005, 10:01 PM

It was a GeForce program from TechoSquare. It doesn't have the raised limiter unfortunately.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:05 PM

And glad you enjoy the ECU knyfe. Your post makes me miss it a little, but I needed the $..... Keep up the good modding and post your slips if you make it to the track.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:48 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Hey guys, I just got my SAFC II in today. I am going to get it tuned next week and I was wondering should I also get the TS ECU? Is the TS ECU neccessary when you have the SAFC? I know the TS ECU is suppose to raise the rev limit and remove the speed governor but, it also does somethings to the air + fuel. My tuning shop said that the SAFC will take care of the fuel and air tweaking so, besides removing the rev limiter and removing the speed governor what other benefits will I gain with TS ECU and SAFC or should I just worry about tuning my SAFC and forget the ECU?

thanks in advance.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:16 AM

You'll also have a raised redline...
Old 08-18-2005, 09:19 PM
Need A Light?

Lee,

There is two ECUs available for yer car....one is the F-spec and the other is the L-spec....the F spec ecu gives u everything from AFR/timing/raised limiter....th L spec only gives u the raised rev limiter,speed governor removal, and the throttle plate fix....the L spec doesnt do anything with the AFR or timing...its still stock ecu specs...

anyway getting the F spec for yer car is pointless...I heard bluyu2k2 and juice (both automatics like u) gained absolutely nothing...so I say just tune with the SAFC 2 and let us know how it goes!
Old 08-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Lightly modded

Well my JWT install went pretty smoothly and the gains and benefits are very nice. Too bad I can't say the same about their damn service. I did get the rev limiter raised to 7000, along with a nitrous program on a daughterboard. I still need to dyno and tune badly.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by Gates
It was a GeForce program from TechoSquare. It doesn't have the raised limiter unfortunately.
And what does the GeForce program give you??
Old 08-19-2005, 12:34 AM

Honestly, I'm not sure what it does. I know that the gains are similar to the JWT but without the raised limiter. How they get the gains I'm not so sure of. I think all that GeForce means is that it was moded a little earlier since I've had it for a while (2 years).
Old 08-19-2005, 04:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by leeI35
Hey guys, I just got my SAFC II in today. I am going to get it tuned next week and I was wondering should I also get the TS ECU? Is the TS ECU neccessary when you have the SAFC? I know the TS ECU is suppose to raise the rev limit and remove the speed governor but, it also does somethings to the air + fuel. My tuning shop said that the SAFC will take care of the fuel and air tweaking so, besides removing the rev limiter and removing the speed governor what other benefits will I gain with TS ECU and SAFC or should I just worry about tuning my SAFC and forget the ECU?

thanks in advance.
Don't buy the ECU yet. Talk to SR20DEN about modifying your manifold. You'll get bigger gains with his manifold.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:47 AM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by deezo
Don't buy the ECU yet. Talk to SR20DEN about modifying your manifold. You'll get bigger gains with his manifold.
That is still yet to be proven by a dyno (before/after). Plus, he might not want to sacrifice his low-end power for better top-end.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:10 AM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by 95maxrider
That is still yet to be proven by a dyno (before/after). Plus, he might not want to sacrifice his low-end power for better top-end.
Wait, you are kidding right?
Old 08-20-2005, 11:54 AM
Lightly modded

Originally Posted by steven88
Wait, you are kidding right?
No, are you? The only dyno I've seen from Matt is one that was done after his SSIM, tuning, ECU etc had been done. Did I miss one from before that showed exactly what gains were to be seen from the SSIM?
Old 08-21-2005, 02:15 PM
Need A Light?

My friend on this org has the SSIM and automagic as well....has no tuning controllers or what not....he doesnt have a dyno to prove it, but he says top end is blazing....i'm not gonna expose his name though...

and there is plenty of proof that an SSIM is a worthy mod without the results of a dyno...if u think otherwise, I will just drop it here and let Matt explain himself...
Old 08-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Lightly modded

My friend on this org has the SSIM and automagic as well....has no tuning controllers or what not....he doesnt have a dyno to prove it, but he says top end is blazing....i'm not gonna expose his name though...

and there is plenty of proof that an SSIM is a worthy mod without the results of a dyno...if u think otherwise, I will just drop it here and let Matt explain himself...
So when you asked if I was kidding- what were you talking about? I still haven't seen a before/after dyno to prove exactly what it does. I'm not saying I don't believe Matt, but what you have said doesn't prove your point or help your argument. Where is all this proof you're talking about?? You called me out- now back your mouth up with some proof.

Just so you know, I have my own version of the SSIM in my car right now. But since we're being secretive....I won't say any more about it.
Old 08-21-2005, 03:49 PM
Need A Light?

Originally Posted by 95maxrider
So when you asked if I was kidding- what were you talking about? I still haven't seen a before/after dyno to prove exactly what it does. I'm not saying I don't believe Matt, but what you have said doesn't prove your point or help your argument. Where is all this proof you're talking about?? You called me out- now back your mouth up with some proof.

Just so you know, I have my own version of the SSIM in my car right now. But since we're being secretive....I won't say any more about it.
your arguement was, "That is still yet to be proven by a dyno (before/after)"....

I said "you've gotta be kidding me right"...becuz there is PLENTY of non SSIM vq35 dynos and 3-4 different SSIM dynos (Matt did sell it to a few selected people)...

You still ask me "where is the proof?"

The proof is all over the forum....go see the difference between a non SSIM vq35 and a SSIM vq35...the difference is HUGE...
Old 08-21-2005, 04:55 PM
Lightly modded

your arguement was, "That is still yet to be proven by a dyno (before/after)"....

I said "you've gotta be kidding me right"...becuz there is PLENTY of non SSIM vq35 dynos and 3-4 different SSIM dynos (Matt did sell it to a few selected people)...

You still ask me "where is the proof?"

The proof is all over the forum....go see the difference between a non SSIM vq35 and a SSIM vq35...the difference is HUGE...
These other dynos you speak of I must have missed because I don't really remember seeing any besides Matt and maybe one other person. And just because there are plenty of dynos of non-SSIM 3.5's and some dynos of 3.5's after the SSIM doesn't really prove anything unless they are from the same car, and with no new mods. If there are dynos like that, I retract my statement. Otherwise, there are just too many variables. I agree you can see basic shifts in power production, and the power curve is important, but without back to back dynos, I don't like trusting claims made over the internet.

EDIT- I just looked through the dyno forum and didn't find any of these dynos. Do you remember who the people were who posted up other dynos of the SSIM?
Old 08-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Need A Light?

Yes, I do realize every car is different.....BUT when u see a solid 10-15whp increase at peak and another 30-40whp passed redline, and another thousands of people going crazy on wanting one....its without a question, a powerful mod...back to back dyno is not necessary...it's like headers for the 3.5...some people dyno in the 220s and some people dyno in the 230s...again there is a variable, but it is a powerful mod and it works...no back to back is necessary...

I went through the dyno forums as well...and couldn't find the members who had their SSIM dynoed...anywho I remember there was a guy named Ulesis or something along those lines...sorry I cannot search...the other guy was Jon*****....he's a local member in Charlotte...let me see if I have them saved and I will post them up

EDI: Jon610 is one of the members...run a search on him and take a look at his dyno...very impressive curve...I'm still workin on the other member
Old 08-21-2005, 07:21 PM
dot dot dot ...

Low end is good to have but when racing down the 1/4, you don't spend much time below 4-4500, and the 3.5 has enough low end to boot.

With that said, a shift in the curve is a good thing, and extended rev limiter is even better as it compliments the shft nicely ...
Old 08-22-2005, 09:53 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Hey KNYFE, you planning on getting a dyno done when you finish the 00vi??
Old 08-23-2005, 08:56 AM

I'd like too... Not many places locally to do it. We'll have to see what the fall work schedule looks like.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:09 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by KNYFE
I'd like too... Not many places locally to do it. We'll have to see what the fall work schedule looks like.
Cool.

10char
Old 08-23-2005, 03:56 PM
twlm26

hay guys i want to get my ecu programed. i hear that ts is like one week in return back to you from when you send it out and i hear that jim wolf is carzy like 12 weeks or smothing like that so how do you get in touch with ts?

Old 08-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by twlm26
hay guys i want to get my ecu programed. i hear that ts is like one week in return back to you from when you send it out and i hear that jim wolf is carzy like 12 weeks or smothing like that so how do you get in touch with ts?
Yeah Ive heard that TS has much better service than JWT. The only problem with TS is that they are for NA purposes only (I think).

http://www.technosquareinc.com/technosquareecu.htm