Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

2001 I30 How Do I Make Its Faster

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 08:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2001 I30 How Do I Make Its Faster

Does Anyone Know What Kind Of Modifications I Can Do To Make It Faster And Were Can I Get These Parts At Its For A 2001 I3o
Old 03-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Got Projectors?

Here: http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10
Old 04-05-2005, 05:29 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Trade it on an I35. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!! Haven't lost a race yet.

Old 04-05-2005, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by MaxedOut97SE
Trade it on an I35. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!! Haven't lost a race yet.
Man, it's hard to believe 32 extra Hp and 29 extra ft-lbs (although 29 ft-lb torque is substantial) can make such a big difference with the same 4 speed trans and better gas mileage. Hmm, more power yet better/same mpg

I35
255 hp @ 5800 rpm
246 ft-lb @ 4400 rpm
20-26 mpg
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/FEG/bymod...niti_I35.shtml

I30
227 hp @ 6400 rpm
217 ft-lb @ 4000 rpm
19-26 mpg
http://www.fueleconomy.gov/FEG/bymod...niti_I30.shtml
Old 04-05-2005, 09:21 PM

whatever dude, u ever driven an I35, it will permanently put a grin on your face
Old 04-05-2005, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 97I30touring
whatever dude, u ever driven an I35, it will permanently put a grin on your face

No, I haven't but really should test drive one. I am just kinda surpised that, with a little more umph and the same 4 speed auto tranny, the performance would be that much more noticeable. BTW my BS comment was directed towards the MPG estimate and not the performance claim.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:03 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by skeetch
No, I haven't but really should test drive one. I am just kinda surpised that, with a little more umph and the same 4 speed auto tranny, the performance would be that much more noticeable. BTW my BS comment was directed towards the MPG estimate and not the performance claim.
Read sig. My same mods work for your car. I will just produce more (bigger engine) but you will definetely see a big difference.

CAI/WAI
Pulley
Headers + exhaust + aftermarket cat
Cams
Advance the timing.
technosquare ECU
Valvebody mod

There you go quick and simple. For more info check the sticky threads, thats what they are there for. After that, you definetely need to drop the car (suspension) and get better brakes + rotors. I am paying for that, not having a drop and stopping power, since I have all engine mods. Never again, I will go with the drop first then performance.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:04 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Originally Posted by skeetch

Trust me man, it's insane the difference. Power absolutely everywhere. Plus the drive by wire throttle makes it altogether smoother. I'm serious, even my friend Jeff the service guy at Infiniti, when I tell him how I wasn't going with an I30, and how I was waiting to get the I35, he was like "Yeah it makes a BIGGGG difference."

Correction to my earlier statement, I have lost one race, by less than one car length, to a BRAND NEW AUDI S4 V8. The guy was like do you have a supercharger or what? I was like no it's stock. LOL! Gotta love the 3.5. We're talking a car w/ a 340 HP V8 that barely ran away from me.

Also it seems everyone wants to race me (and get smoked). I race someone almost everyday. Guess it's the sleeper look. More people wanna race me in the I than in my old 97 Max that was all riced out and screamed "race me". But yeah, I've smoked everything in sight except that Audi.

Old 04-07-2005, 09:14 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Trust me man, it's insane the difference. Power absolutely everywhere. Plus the drive by wire throttle makes it altogether smoother. I'm serious, even my friend Jeff the service guy at Infiniti, when I tell him how I wasn't going with an I30, and how I was waiting to get the I35, he was like "Yeah it makes a BIGGGG difference."

Correction to my earlier statement, I have lost one race, by less than one car length, to a BRAND NEW AUDI S4 V8. The guy was like do you have a supercharger or what? I was like no it's stock. LOL! Gotta love the 3.5. We're talking a car w/ a 340 HP V8 that barely ran away from me.

Also it seems everyone wants to race me (and get smoked). I race someone almost everyday. Guess it's the sleeper look. More people wanna race me in the I than in my old 97 Max that was all riced out and screamed "race me". But yeah, I've smoked everything in sight except that Audi.
Your car is not that fast man. A mid 14 sec car is nothing to brag about. I don't know what cars you have been racing but smoking 15 sec cars is nothing to be proud of.

But a VQ35 equiped I35 or Maxima is substantially faster than a Vq30. 30ftlbs of torque is pretty big difference especially where that torque occurs at in the power band.

As for how to make your car faster and where to the get the parts, please go to the 5th gen forum and read the stickies.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:30 AM
attomica

You sound pretty irresponsible.

Old 04-08-2005, 07:36 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
Your car is not that fast man. A mid 14 sec car is nothing to brag about. I don't know what cars you have been racing but smoking 15 sec cars is nothing to be proud of.

But a VQ35 equiped I35 or Maxima is substantially faster than a Vq30. 30ftlbs of torque is pretty big difference especially where that torque occurs at in the power band.

As for how to make your car faster and where to the get the parts, please go to the 5th gen forum and read the stickies.
You are dead on. I have a bunch of power mods and my car still isn't that fast. I am probably in the 13's somewhere but, I still feel it can be faster. Now if I had one of the superchargers we have available then, I will say the car is fast.

I don't know how the guy raced a S4, unless the S4 driver wasn't being serious. Aren't they mid to low 13 sec cars? I don't even think my car with mods would stay with or near an S4.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:22 PM

I just recently got a 2001 I30t & have been wondering about available performance mods. Are you guys saying that any 5th gen performance mod is going to work for an 01 I30? If not, which ones will specifically?
Old 05-25-2005, 01:05 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Originally Posted by clayman88
I just recently got a 2001 I30t & have been wondering about available performance mods. Are you guys saying that any 5th gen performance mod is going to work for an 01 I30? If not, which ones will specifically?
Yes. ANY 00-01 5th gen Maxima performance mod will work for you. They are the same car in every aspect except for exterior and minor interior.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:07 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Originally Posted by attomica
You sound pretty irresponsible.

You sound pretty jealous. Kiss my a$$ with your pitiful 3 liter. Ha.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:10 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Originally Posted by leeI35
You are dead on. I have a bunch of power mods and my car still isn't that fast. I am probably in the 13's somewhere but, I still feel it can be faster. Now if I had one of the superchargers we have available then, I will say the car is fast.

I don't know how the guy raced a S4, unless the S4 driver wasn't being serious. Aren't they mid to low 13 sec cars? I don't even think my car with mods would stay with or near an S4.

Dude, I raced him over and over. Same result.....we were even till about sixty then he slowly pulled away. Like I said earlier, I once ran away from him and he couldnt even pass me. Trust me he was serious, we talked about it from light to light, he was like dude what do you have under there? I was like, oh it's stock. Gotta love the 3.5

Old 05-26-2005, 12:14 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Well it's faster and newer and better than yours mister moderater. **** you!!! Take your 4th gen I30 and sell it for 6 grand. I'll motor around in my I35 and continue to watch people stare at it and get smoked when they try and race me.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:22 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Forgive my immaturity but I just love gloating.

Old 05-26-2005, 05:36 PM

Forgive my immaturity but I just love gloating.
dude...shut the **** up. You sound like an 8 year old talking about his toys.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:13 PM

Well it's faster and newer and better than yours mister moderater. **** you!!! Take your 4th gen I30 and sell it for 6 grand. I'll motor around in my I35 and continue to watch people stare at it and get smoked when they try and race me.

Anytime you want to line them up let me know. My 9yr old 3.0 will make your car look silly
Old 05-27-2005, 10:11 AM
MaxedOut97SE

dude...shut the **** up. You sound like an 8 year old talking about his toys.

Yeah I know. Haha. My toy is my Infiniti. You can kiss my *** mother****er.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:17 AM
MaxedOut97SE

Anytime you want to line them up let me know. My 9yr old 3.0 will make your car look silly

Well I doubt I'd drive all the way to Illinois to participate in a silly street race. Maybe in a line your 9 year old car would make mine silly, but lets talk about the grand scheme here. Whooptie do you have a modded probably stupid looking Nopi'd out (which is sooooo 9 years ago) 96 I30. Um, I motor around in an I35 which looks brand new. I'm not 16 anymore(even though this thread has brought some immaturity out of me hehe), all I know is I love my car, it's fast as hell and I haven't lost a race yet. We can line our cars up side by side and I'll make yours look silly.

BTW, give me the mods equivalent to yours and you'd really be eating my dust. But I choose not to rice my car out, its way too classy, and with the 255HP it's certainly fast enough. Fast enough to run with an S4 I swear to God.

Old 05-27-2005, 10:37 AM

Well I doubt I'd drive all the way to Illinois to participate in a silly street race. Maybe in a line your 9 year old car would make mine silly, but lets talk about the grand scheme here. Whooptie do you have a modded probably stupid looking Nopi'd out (which is sooooo 9 years ago) 96 I30. Um, I motor around in an I35 which looks brand new. I'm not 16 anymore(even though this thread has brought some immaturity out of me hehe), all I know is I love my car, it's fast as hell and I haven't lost a race yet. We can line our cars up side by side and I'll make yours look silly.

BTW, give me the mods equivalent to yours and you'd really be eating my dust. But I choose not to rice my car out, its way too classy, and with the 255HP it's certainly fast enough. Fast enough to run with an S4 I swear to God.
LMAO...I rest my case. You're trying so hard to make yourself look good, but you're not helping your cause by ranting on & on about how cool and fast your car is. Sounds to me like you'd fit in better over at the Honda forums.
Old 05-27-2005, 10:58 AM
MaxedOut97SE

LMAO...I rest my case. You're trying so hard to make yourself look good, but you're not helping your cause by ranting on & on about how cool and fast your car is. Sounds to me like you'd fit in better over at the Honda forums.

Please, rest it. Get out of the Infiniti forums. And I wouldn't call my "trying" an attempt. My car is cool, my car is fast, end of story. I don't need to rant anymore unless you want to continue attempting to get the last word.

Old 05-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Well I doubt I'd drive all the way to Illinois to participate in a silly street race. Maybe in a line your 9 year old car would make mine silly, but lets talk about the grand scheme here. Whooptie do you have a modded probably stupid looking Nopi'd out (which is sooooo 9 years ago) 96 I30. Um, I motor around in an I35 which looks brand new. I'm not 16 anymore(even though this thread has brought some immaturity out of me hehe),...
Sounds like an excuse cuse you know you would get your @ss smoked.

all I know is I love my car, it's fast as hell and I haven't lost a race yet...
Sounds like youve raced some pretty pvssy bullsh!t if you havent lost in your 15.3 sec car yet.

According to C+D they got a 13.7 form the S4 and a 15.3 from the I35. I would really like to know how you pulled that off...
Old 05-27-2005, 01:00 PM

Funniest post I have read in a while.

"Give me your mods and...." how much of a ricer comment is that. You got what you got and I got what I got. You want a faster car then me then put in the time, effort, research, and money that I have. Until then you have a nice, automatic sedan that is fairly quick.

Again, a mid 14 sec car is not fast. I bet $100 that if you went to the track you would run 15's.

You have a choice. Stop the childish antics and only post worth while questions and anwsers, or go elsewhere.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:27 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Originally Posted by i30ds
Sounds like an excuse cuse you know you would get your @ss smoked.

Um no, I have a life. Smoke me all you want, Ill motor around in class and comfort. Like I said, I'm not 16. I don't give a **** if his ricemobile I30 could beat me. I'll even say "hey could probably beat me".....but drive that thing around and drive my car around and see the attention you get. I'll take getting smoked by a modded out I30, and I'll also take driving my I35 with 40k on it and continue to get stared at because my car looks so good. And it's not a decade old with 150k on it and an engine that's probably about to give out.

Originally Posted by i30ds
Sounds like youve raced some pretty pvssy bullsh!t if you havent lost in your 15.3 sec car yet.

Sounds like you're jealous with your POS fake I30 that's 15 years old.

Lets see, Mustang GTs, Plenty of Maximas, a few Lexus's, a few Benzes, almost beat an S4....okay guys why would I make that up?

I'm not saying my car is a rocket ship, but it's pretty damn fast when an S4 only beats me by a car length consistently.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:30 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Funniest post I have read in a while.

"Give me your mods and...." how much of a ricer comment is that. You got what you got and I got what I got. You want a faster car then me then put in the time, effort, research, and money that I have. Until then you have a nice, automatic sedan that is fairly quick.

Again, a mid 14 sec car is not fast. I bet $100 that if you went to the track you would run 15's.

You have a choice. Stop the childish antics and only post worth while questions and anwsers, or go elsewhere.

Glad it entertained you. I don't want a faster car than you. First of all, all you rice burners trying to make rockets out of FWD sedans is ludicrous. We're not driving M5's here. I don't want your mods either, I was stating a point. Let me mod my car out as you have yours and you'd be in the dust. But I don't care. 255hp and high sixes to 60 is perfectly fine with me. I spend my money on other, worthwhile things.

Old 05-27-2005, 07:08 PM

Glad it entertained you. I don't want a faster car than you. First of all, all you rice burners trying to make rockets out of FWD sedans is ludicrous. We're not driving M5's here. I don't want your mods either, I was stating a point. Let me mod my car out as you have yours and you'd be in the dust. But I don't care. 255hp and high sixes to 60 is perfectly fine with me. I spend my money on other, worthwhile things.
I am not even going to respond to your "ricer" comments about my car. You don't know my car, how it looks, or what is done to it. There are two worlds of car people, those like yourself who go around quoting manufacturer crank HP numbers and car magazine 0-60 times. They couldn't even change their own oil, yet they think they are in the "know". They like to go around stop light racing, and when the other car doesn't race them they take that as a "win".

Then there are those who know how fast their car is because they take it to the track a half a dozen times a year. Do all their own work. Know that their car might be fast, but in no way think they can't get their a$$ handed to them on a daily basis by other faster cars. They appreciate a well modified car that puts down the power regardless of it's drivetrain configuration. They actually respect other enthusiasts. Be it a civic, a mustang, an LS1, or a maxima. If you have the knowledge and can make the power you get respect.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

wow and i thought the 4th gen forums were bad.....
Old 05-27-2005, 09:40 PM
MaxedOut97SE

I know it's a janky looking 10 year old I30.

Yeah I am "one of those people", I dont know how to change my own oil. So I drop it off at Infiniti and they give me G35s to rag out. And nor do I want to be "one of your people"......like I said, my car has 255 HP which is enough for me and enough to leave most in the dust. I don't waste my time going to the track; I'm not 16.

Old 05-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I know it's a janky looking 10 year old I30.

Yeah I am "one of those people", I dont know how to change my own oil. So I drop it off at Infiniti and they give me G35s to rag out. And nor do I want to be "one of your people"......like I said, my car has 255 HP which is enough for me and enough to leave most in the dust. I don't waste my time going to the track; I'm not 16.
From all the I30/I35 owners
You keep saying that your car is fast in a forum where most people know cars. They know how to truly "hook a car up" and know what they are doing and what cars are capable of what numbers. obviously you aren't one of them, how sad is taking your car to the stealership for an oil change , where you are paying someone to get rich, be smart, do your own oil change and save your money to bring your 230hp car to 250hp
Old 05-28-2005, 04:52 AM
MaxedOut97SE

Originally Posted by Luigi38
From all the I30/I35 owners
You keep saying that your car is fast in a forum where most people know cars. They know how to truly "hook a car up" and know what they are doing and what cars are capable of what numbers. obviously you aren't one of them, how sad is taking your car to the stealership for an oil change , where you are paying someone to get rich, be smart, do your own oil change and save your money to bring your 230hp car to 250hp

Ahh another jealous 4th gen I30 owner. Gosh leave me alone, sorry you can't afford a real Infiniti but don't blame it on me.

I know cars. My old modded Maxima ran 9.6s in the 1/8. Thank you very much.

And yeah, I'll continue to take my car to the dealer and pay the whatever overpriced amount to get the oil changed. I can afford it. They wash it inside and out, all the while I'm ragging out an '05 280hp G35.

Okay how many times do I have to say this....I have better things to do and better things to spend my money on than to rice out my car!!!! It's perfectly fast enough for me!!!!!!

Old 05-28-2005, 03:12 PM
wat

Ahh another jealous 4th gen I30 owner. Gosh leave me alone, sorry you can't afford a real Infiniti but don't blame it on me.

I know cars. My old modded Maxima ran 9.6s in the 1/8. Thank you very much.

And yeah, I'll continue to take my car to the dealer and pay the whatever overpriced amount to get the oil changed. I can afford it. They wash it inside and out, all the while I'm ragging out an '05 280hp G35.

Okay how many times do I have to say this....I have better things to do and better things to spend my money on than to rice out my car!!!! It's perfectly fast enough for me!!!!!!
If you "knew cars", you wouldn't take your car to the delership to have an oil change done. Doesn't matter if you can afford it or not, most of us on this board can afford taking our cars to a dealership to have it done. Its just a waste of money and you won't ever know if they did the oil change correctly or not.

Sounds like someone is wishing they bought the G35 over the I35 if you ask me..... Cause if I had money to burn, I would have done that rather than buy an I35.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Mike, have you shown this punk a picture of your car?
Old 05-28-2005, 04:52 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Originally Posted by BlueC
If you "knew cars", you wouldn't take your car to the delership to have an oil change done. Doesn't matter if you can afford it or not, most of us on this board can afford taking our cars to a dealership to have it done. Its just a waste of money and you won't ever know if they did the oil change correctly or not.

Sounds like someone is wishing they bought the G35 over the I35 if you ask me..... Cause if I had money to burn, I would have done that rather than buy an I35.

Nah, they take good care of me at Harper. Always make sure to give me the newest G35 loaner they have.

I don't do grease work, I'm not a wannabe mechanic. I drop my car off, get a loaner, and go back to the office(not the track) You all can kiss my a$$ with your pathetic 4th gen I30's. Get an I35 (or any car with the 3.5) and you would shut up immediately.

OH and BTW I got MY I for so cheap its ridiculous. Sure I'd rather have a G (even though the interior is a POS) but the acceleration is roughly the same, the luxury far better, and the image far better. More people stare at the I35 than they do the G whenever I'm loaned out one.

Old 05-28-2005, 05:06 PM
MaxedOut97SE

Originally Posted by A Flood99
Mike, have you shown this punk a picture of your car?

Punk? Gosh another hater. You all never end.

Nice Max though, looks like my old one. (until I moved up and got an Infiniti.)

Old 05-28-2005, 10:06 PM
wat

Nah, they take good care of me at Harper. Always make sure to give me the newest G35 loaner they have.

I don't do grease work, I'm not a wannabe mechanic. I drop my car off, get a loaner, and go back to the office(not the track) You all can kiss my a$$ with your pathetic 4th gen I30's. Get an I35 (or any car with the 3.5) and you would shut up immediately.

OH and BTW I got MY I for so cheap its ridiculous. Sure I'd rather have a G (even though the interior is a POS) but the acceleration is roughly the same, the luxury far better, and the image far better. More people stare at the I35 than they do the G whenever I'm loaned out one.
You have to be kidding me, you'd rather settle for FWD over RWD? Theres a big difference in performance and handling when you compare the two, and I and most others would chose the RWD for performance.

Oh and another thing, I would seriously doubt your car is more noticed than a car like mine......

P.S. I have a 2000 I30 in the garage, You know which I like better? Yup, the 4th Gen maxima. Why? Because its more comfortable, much more fun to drive, and I have amazing light output at night (Bi-xenon Projectors). Don't think I35s came with projectors, only the 2004 maximas did.
Old 05-28-2005, 10:21 PM
Armed and Dangerous

Um no, I have a life. Smoke me all you want, Ill motor around in class and comfort. Like I said, I'm not 16. I don't give a **** if his ricemobile I30 could beat me. I'll even say "hey could probably beat me".....but drive that thing around and drive my car around and see the attention you get. I'll take getting smoked by a modded out I30, and I'll also take driving my I35 with 40k on it and continue to get stared at because my car looks so good. And it's not a decade old with 150k on it and an engine that's probably about to give out.

Sounds like you're jealous with your POS fake I30 that's 15 years old.

Lets see, Mustang GTs, Plenty of Maximas, a few Lexus's, a few Benzes, almost beat an S4....okay guys why would I make that up?

I'm not saying my car is a rocket ship, but it's pretty damn fast when an S4 only beats me by a car length consistently.
Im really sure you get all this attention from your stock entry level sedan...tiny little tires, stock rims, sluggish auto tranny, open diff., soft pu$$y old man suspension... your car lacks so much that just about the only thing its good for is moding. From the factory our "4th gen POS fake I30s" came with more performance options than your lame bullsh!t. So your can keep your heated rear seats and steering wheel and shove it up your a$$ , because you would get your 3 year old 255 hp **** squashed by even a stock 190 hp 4th gen with a 5spd thats 10 years old...No way in hell am I jealous what so ever...

As for the S4...you claim that you lost by a car length to a 13.7 sec car in your mid 15 sec gutless slug? Bullsh!t!! You are a liar plain and simple...

Now why dont you get the hell outta here before you make a further fool of yourself!
Old 05-29-2005, 08:45 AM

This fool sounds retarded. "My car kept up with an S4". Please..... If I had an S4 I'd smoke his ***, AND still be riding around in his frame of mind 'my car is better than yours because I'm not 16 and ride around in class'. Oh wait, no I wouldn't, because I'm not arrogant like that. Yeah an i35 is faster than an i30, but you're talking a lot of crap, and you have no idea what Mike has. I'd put $100 on Mike any day, and I'm quite jealous of the work and effort that he has put into his car. This fool however, does not, and cannot appreciate the machines that are here. As for 'tearing it up', is that something to brag about? I put my car in the shop all the time, get a g35 coupe, FX45, M45/35, and even a Porsche Carrera once when they had one available... (being an infiniti porsche audi dealership they have them available). Whoopy. Be responsible, because otherwise you're just another fool with a toy that mommy and daddy gave them.

Oh, and before he comes around with the 'oh another jealous xth gen...':

Old 05-29-2005, 09:23 AM
wat

Someone needs to smack some sense into this guy.....

Quick Reply: 2001 I30 How Do I Make Its Faster