Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

Any Difference between I30 and I30t suspensions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 06:00 AM

Any Difference between I30 and I30t suspensions?

Hey all, just wondering if there is any difference between the two, as I am contiplating a suspension swap, and may just go with factory stuff to eliminate any hassle. Im wondering if there even is a difference in feel or ride height. Id like to testdrive an i30t and compare it if there is a difference...
Old 03-03-2003, 07:42 AM
Says.."No mo Maximas for me!"

Re: Any Difference between I30 and I30t suspensions?

Originally posted by JSpecMax
Hey all, just wondering if there is any difference between the two, as I am contiplating a suspension swap, and may just go with factory stuff to eliminate any hassle. Im wondering if there even is a difference in feel or ride height. Id like to testdrive an i30t and compare it if there is a difference...
The "T" suspension is like the SE on a Maxima. It's supposed to be tighter than a base I30 or a GXE, GLE Maxima. The ride height is the same. The feel is just like an SE.
Old 03-03-2003, 08:49 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Re: Re: Any Difference between I30 and I30t suspensions?

Originally posted by max5spd

The "T" suspension is like the SE on a Maxima. It's supposed to be tighter than a base I30 or a GXE, GLE Maxima. The ride height is the same. The feel is just like an SE.
I got some stock t springs if you want to buy them. Make me an offer.
Old 03-04-2003, 08:06 PM

Re: Re: Re: Any Difference between I30 and I30t suspensions?

Originally posted by I30tMikeD

I got some stock t springs if you want to buy them. Make me an offer.

Ahh man, i was so happy until i read that you have a 1st gen Ive got an 01', i dont think they are interchangable... are they?
Old 03-04-2003, 08:18 PM

Nope. Dont think they are interchangeable.
Old 03-04-2003, 09:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Any Difference between I30 and I30t suspensions?

Ahh man, i was so happy until i read that you have a 1st gen Ive got an 01', i dont think they are interchangable... are they?
Nope.
Old 03-05-2003, 08:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any Difference between I30 and I30t suspensions?

Originally posted by I30tMikeD

Nope.

Ahh rats. Anyone on here with a 2nd gen that has i30t springs and wants to get rid of em? I'll buy a set...

PS - Im goin to the nissan dealer tomorrow (its closer than the infiniti dealer) and take out an SE. If i notice a difference, i'll just use the t-springs. If not, i'll drop her an inch with a set of eibachs or somethin of the like... I'll keep ya all informed.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any Difference between I30 and I30t suspensions?

Ahh rats. Anyone on here with a 2nd gen that has i30t springs and wants to get rid of em? I'll buy a set...

PS - Im goin to the nissan dealer tomorrow (its closer than the infiniti dealer) and take out an SE. If i notice a difference, i'll just use the t-springs. If not, i'll drop her an inch with a set of eibachs or somethin of the like... I'll keep ya all informed.
Personally I think you should go with a set of Eibachs. After all the hassle of installing the springs and what not you would not even get a drop with the stock t springs. A second gen I30 would look sooooo smooth droped an inch or so.
T springs and Eibachs are no comparison. It was a night and day difference when I switched over.
Old 03-06-2003, 03:07 PM

Sounds cool, hows the ride? not too harsh right? Also, i dont wanna have to worry about taking hard turns and scrubbing in the fenders and stuff, any issues with that? I only wanna go about an inch down or so. Also, what about gettin over speed bumps with like, 4 people in the car? is that much of an issue? I dont wanna relive my days of driving my 2" dropped civic around nyc streets, it wasnt easy
Old 03-06-2003, 04:53 PM

Sounds cool, hows the ride? not too harsh right? Also, i dont wanna have to worry about taking hard turns and scrubbing in the fenders and stuff, any issues with that? I only wanna go about an inch down or so. Also, what about gettin over speed bumps with like, 4 people in the car? is that much of an issue? I dont wanna relive my days of driving my 2" dropped civic around nyc streets, it wasnt easy
Well I can anwser some of your questions, being that I don't have a second gen.
I ain't gonna lie, it does not ride as smooth as stock(concerining bumps). I am sure my 17's with 45 series tires don't help much. Are you on stock rims and tires? I am sure it would not be as harsh if I had a bigger side wall on my tires to absorb some of the impact.

I don't think rubbing will be an issue. Think how many 5th gen maxima's are lowerd an I never hear problems with rubbing. It's usually the guys who put 20x9 rims with lowering springs that have rubbing issues. Were talking Eibachs, so your not going less than 1.5" lower.
I do take it a little easier with speed bumps and steep incline driveways and such, but that is just to be carefull. I have never scraped with my Eibachs. Well, I did once but it was because I was on a unfamiliar road and did not realize this train corssing had such a big dip.

I know there is a 2gen I30/35 that has lowering springs, I just can't think of who it is.

Edit: after reading my post I made it sound like I have a harsh ride. It's not. It's not bad at all. I let my mom drive my car once and she said "Oh, it rides so smooth".
Old 03-06-2003, 05:30 PM

i have'nt dropped mine yet. i'm thinking about getting them coilovers. what do u guys think?

check it out
Old 03-07-2003, 07:01 AM

Originally posted by BEEI30
i have'nt dropped mine yet. i'm thinking about getting them coilovers. what do u guys think?

check it out

I think springs are the safer/better way to go. Maybe throw in a set of adjustable shocks, and fixed-state springs should be a nice combo.

Further question for anyone, how about camber kits? Do i need one for like an inch, inch and a half drop??
Old 03-07-2003, 07:09 AM

Further question for anyone, how about camber kits? Do i need one for like an inch, inch and a half drop??
No, just get an alignment in a few days after they settle.
Old 03-07-2003, 12:08 PM

Ahh, ok, cool. I just got back from the "testdrive" of the 01' Max SE. I took it to the twisties and found that it felt pretty good with minimal roll, still nothin to write home about. I think if it were any stiffer, It might be more prone to skidding out. Im thinkin a set of eibachs should be OK, as long as they arent *much* more rough than the SE's ride. Also, I intend on putting the RSB in for now, and see how that turns out. Thanks for your help mike

-steve