Infiniti I30/I35 Similar to a Maxima, yet not really a Maxima. Discussion forum on Nissan's luxury model, the Infiniti I30/I35

got a I30 loaner car..impressions

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2002, 12:55 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

got a I30 loaner car..impressions

i dropped off my dad's Q45 for a service and they sent me home in a 00 I30.

since i have a white 00 Maxima, it was kinda easy for me to tell the difference between the two(aside from how they look).

i guess the dash is by far the biggest difference in interior. except for the bose stereo and the automatic climate controls borrowed from Maxima(), it looked distinctive enough. i really liked the 3rd cup holder above the right passenger side vent. gotta come in handy when you want to keep your coke cold!
but i don't like the shape of the vents, i wish they gave I30 the flush vents like the ones in Maximas.

BOSE systems in an I30...well...they're just as bad as the ones in Maximas. when the volume is low, it's actually pretty good, but as the volume gets louder, the sub starts to distort like bad siren. yikes! i guess it's more 'tuned' for classical musics and Neal Diamond...hehe

i like the instrumentation of the I30, it's really bright at night and easy to read. however, i don't like the needles, i think they're ugly.

the signiture clock is very well positioned, but it could be little bit brighter at night. the hands were kinda confusing too because they looked almost the same length. guess the dim back light didn't help much either.

the doors felt a little bit heavier than a Maxima, i guess that's where the difference is the biggest, since the design of the doors were 'almost' identical.

but here's probably one of my favorite feature! the dual AUTO features on both front windows!!! i know 2K2-2K3 Maximas come with these but since mine is a 00, it doesn't. cool~

the rear shade is definitely a plus i guess, but since i almost never ever sit in the back seat of almost any car, that's just another gizmo i'll never use much.

tranny is also just as bad as in Maximas...slow and sluggish shifts. i'll never get used to that..thank god i bought a 5 speed..if Infiniti continued to offer the I30 with manual tranny, maybe i'll consider it but i guess there are now G35s for that!

oh btw...did you know? the loaner I30s from Infiniti dealerships come with a full size spare tire!!!! yup! i just found that out today going thru the trunk! isn't that nice??
Old 12-16-2002, 01:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Auto up/down windows on Clifford

Originally posted by irvine78

but here's probably one of my favorite feature! the dual AUTO features on both front windows!!! i know 2K2-2K3 Maximas come with these but since mine is a 00, it doesn't. cool~

Just in case you were wondering how to add that feature to your Max, if you ever get a Clifford G4 series alarm installed, be sure to get the SmartWindows modules installed for all four windows. I have auto/up down on all four windows, a very nice feature indeed :-).
Old 12-16-2002, 07:53 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

speaking of spares. My stock rims were 15" and my spare is 16"??? I have never been able to figure out why they do that.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:08 AM

so...all I30s come with full size spare?
Old 12-16-2002, 02:04 PM

so...all I30s come with full size spare?
nope, not mine.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:07 PM

hehehehehe know i know how to get parts
rent a car and do a swap. ..
Old 12-17-2002, 12:29 AM

Originally posted by jdmmax
hehehehehe know i know how to get parts
rent a car and do a swap. ..
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...you idiot!!
Old 12-17-2002, 08:53 AM

Originally posted by I30tMikeD
speaking of spares. My stock rims were 15" and my spare is 16"??? I have never been able to figure out why they do that.
All i30s with the limited slip diff have a 16" spare...mine does as well.
Old 12-17-2002, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by fst96se

All i30s with the limited slip diff have a 16" spare...mine does as well.
You have any idea why?
Old 12-17-2002, 10:16 AM

Originally posted by I30tMikeD

You have any idea why?
Well, all the touring model i30s post 97 have had 16" wheels, and I suspect Infiniti engineers knew that far in advance that t models would be going to a 16" wheel. Maybe the preproduction t model called for a 16" wheel, and Nissan decided to cut costs by using surplus Q wheels. Who knows, I do know though that the limited slip diff MUST run two tires of the same outer diameter in order to function properly. It is likey that it was easier to use a 16" wheel to achieve the outside diameter with such a small tire than it was to use a 15" wheel.

So there!

So, what is the deal with you being a moderator? I emailed Kevin about it, then discovered you are on already! Hey, can't think of anyone better! (BTW, tell Kevin we are good friends and can work VERY effectively together!)
Old 12-17-2002, 10:23 AM

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...you idiot!!

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh or you can get caught and be fined for damaging the car.........

ps. hows that
Old 12-17-2002, 10:36 AM

Originally posted by fst96se

Well, all the touring model i30s post 97 have had 16" wheels, and I suspect Infiniti engineers knew that far in advance that t models would be going to a 16" wheel. Maybe the preproduction t model called for a 16" wheel, and Nissan decided to cut costs by using surplus Q wheels. Who knows, I do know though that the limited slip diff MUST run two tires of the same outer diameter in order to function properly. It is likey that it was easier to use a 16" wheel to achieve the outside diameter with such a small tire than it was to use a 15" wheel.

So there!

So, what is the deal with you being a moderator? I emailed Kevin about it, then discovered you are on already! Hey, can't think of anyone better! (BTW, tell Kevin we are good friends and can work VERY effectively together!)
Sounds like a good enough explanation to me.

I am just as surprised as you about being a moderator. I actually nominated someone else. Oh, well I am happy to do it. Thanks for the compliment though. I imagine if the forum starts to get more traffic Kev will add another moderator, I really don't know. Now I am just waiting for someone to slip up so I can lock a thread.

Did you get my PM?
Old 12-17-2002, 05:37 PM

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh or you can get caught and be fined for damaging the car.........

ps. hows that
that's why i use extra caution. i slipped in your business card..
Old 12-19-2002, 12:54 PM

Re: Auto up/down windows on Clifford

Originally posted by packetattack

Just in case you were wondering how to add that feature to your Max, if you ever get a Clifford G4 series alarm installed, be sure to get the SmartWindows modules installed for all four windows. I have auto/up down on all four windows, a very nice feature indeed :-).
so the smartwindows thing isn't just remote window up/down? it's also auto-express up/down from the interior switches?

that'd be pretty cool...!
Old 01-03-2003, 10:47 PM

ps. hows that

lol - i worked at avis before - and i didnt giv a fok about the condition of the car
Old 01-03-2003, 11:22 PM

Re: Re: Auto up/down windows on Clifford

Originally posted by schuss

so the smartwindows thing isn't just remote window up/down? it's also auto-express up/down from the interior switches?

that'd be pretty cool...!

Yup, you got it. I have auto up/auto down on all four windows in my Max including auto up/down and vent functions from the Clifford remote as well. Very very handy.