Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

I've Done It Again :) Racingline Y-Pipe Group Buy!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by bigear82
Yeah no problem. I'm still debating if I should install this myself or if I'm too lazy and have a shop do it.

Annino how easy was your rear sway bar install? I just ordered the racingline one.
Very easy. There are 2 clamps/bushings with 2 bolts each. Mine were completely clean and came off very easy. The linkages require a wrench and a socket - the wrench to keep the ball joint from spinning. One nut on each side. I took off one wheel and slid the bar out the wheel well. Not a bad install, very straightforward - a total of 6 bolts/nuts.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

If I order this last pipe will it ship with the first or be BO. I don't want to wait
Old 07-09-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by chuckcastro
If I order this last pipe will it ship with the first or be BO. I don't want to wait
Well I just got an email back from Racingline today and they said that no matter what all orders will be shipping on Monday. There is still one Y-Pipe available so if you order right away yours should be shipped out on Monday as well.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

just ordered it #10 now will this fit the S or the SV model I have to know which one to get?
Old 07-09-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by chuckcastro
just ordered it #10 now will this fit the S or the SV model I have to know which one to get?
these will fit ethier sence they both have the same engine and exhaust
Old 07-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by 2009maxima sv-sport
these will fit ethier sence they both have the same engine and exhaust
just kidding man that'd be silly
Old 07-09-2010, 06:57 PM

YES!!! Alright!! Who is excited to get their Y-pipe! I know I am!

Big thanks to Racingline Performance for bringing down your already competative low pricing to help us out! One of the few that manufacture things for such a newly developed machine. I'm glad there are companies like y'all out there and i am happy to help support y'all. A BIG THANK YOU!
Old 07-09-2010, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Flip2cho

Big thanks to Racingline Performance for bringing down your already competative low pricing to help us out! One of the few that manufacture things for such a newly developed machine. I'm glad there are companies like y'all out there and i am happy to help support y'all. A BIG THANK YOU!
X2
Old 07-09-2010, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by blacknsilver
X2
Big thanks to Kam for orchestrating this whole deal! .... as well as racingline!
Old 07-10-2010, 12:00 AM

Now I wonder how long it's going to take for it to ship from Canada to Las Vegas...
Old 07-10-2010, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Antny74
Big thanks to Kam for orchestrating this whole deal! .... as well as racingline!
Thank you, not a problem at all it was my pleasure to get the ball rolling on this for everyone. Thank all of you guys who purchased for following through and I hope that you enjoy your Y-Pipes.

Now I wonder how long it's going to take for it to ship from Canada to Las Vegas...
They are shipping them on Monday from my understanding so hopefully not to long. I think it took mine about a week and I live in CT.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
Thank you, not a problem at all it was my pleasure to get the ball rolling on this for everyone. Thank all of you guys who purchased for following through and I hope that you enjoy your Y-Pipes.

They are shipping them on Monday from my understanding so hopefully not to long. I think it took mine about a week and I live in CT.
Ok so hopefully about a week for me too
Old 07-10-2010, 08:48 AM

I'm gonna find a local guy to put mine on for me. When I got new exhausts for my 2002 Avalanche some local charged me $40 for install. Considering how easy this should be, it should be cheap to find a local with a lift to do it for that. I just don't have a lift and I do not feel comfortable about doing this while the car is on jacks.

Two things:
1) Since this deletes a catalytic converter, could this cause the car to fail an emissions inspection? In Georgia we have to get this every 2 years. Anyone have any info on that?
2) Does anyone have a dyno graph on this? I'd like to see where the torque increase is. I hope it is at the bottom end.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by nykbob
I'm gonna find a local guy to put mine on for me. When I got new exhausts for my 2002 Avalanche some local charged me $40 for install. Considering how easy this should be, it should be cheap to find a local with a lift to do it for that. I just don't have a lift and I do not feel comfortable about doing this while the car is on jacks.

Two things:
1) Since this deletes a catalytic converter, could this cause the car to fail an emissions inspection? In Georgia we have to get this every 2 years. Anyone have any info on that?
2) Does anyone have a dyno graph on this? I'd like to see where the torque increase is. I hope it is at the bottom end.
1. The third cat that is deleted is un-metered so the car doesn't even realize that it is gone but still passes emissions tests

2. There is no dyno since the cvt transmission will not provide back to back accurate tests so showing the HP/Torque difference when comparing the stock vs the y-pipe is impossible to date, however most of the reviews from members regarding the racingline y-pipe suggest that the torque gained is at the high end

Last edited by Antny74; 07-10-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by nykbob

Two things:
You won't notice much difference on the low end, but the gain on the high end is well worth the money. Merging onto highways is more fun for me now that it has ever been.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:27 AM

Just got my gaskets locally for about $20. It was about $28 shipped for me on courtesy nissans site so saved a little. Any recommendations on the rtv sealer and where to buy it?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:43 PM

any updates did these ship out today do we get tracking numbers.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:49 PM

any updates did these ship out today do we get tracking numbers.
it looks like they haven't, I thought it was all going down today, what's going on racingline?
Old 07-13-2010, 05:57 AM

Any chance I can still get in on this group buy?I am in no rush to recieve the item but would like the chance to get it at this great deal?Is there a promo code still available?
Old 07-13-2010, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Juggernaut23
Any chance I can still get in on this group buy?I am in no rush to recieve the item but would like the chance to get it at this great deal?Is there a promo code still available?
yes you can but the new shipment will be shipped in aug.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:56 AM

then point me to the promo code and or link to place my order asap.please...
Old 07-13-2010, 08:40 AM

See Post # 45
Old 07-13-2010, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Racingline
Ok boys, sorry for the Delay but I was away for the holiday weekend plus a couple days to tend to some family matters. but here are the details about how things are going to happen. As mentioned this will be the last GB for a long long time on this item and it is not likely to go on sale after this GB for a long time. If you want a Ypipe at the discounted price now is the time. PLEASE READ ALL POINTS
  1. The GB will be open for a period of 2 weeks ( 07/07/2010- 07/23/2010)

2. Orders can be placed right away but nothing will ship until the minimum 10 orders are reached, I will be sure to provide an
    update every day or two to let you guys know whats going on.

3. If you pay via credit card, your card will only be authorized. No money will actually be taken from your account until the parts are shipping and the GB min of 10 orders has been reached

4. Presently only 9 units are available for immediate shipping ( Kam already has his) Any orders above the 9 available will be placed on back-order. A new batch of Ypipes is in the works and will be ready in about 3 weeks maybe 4max.

5. If you are one of the back orders, you will be informed via email where you will be given the choice to keep the order or not. If you keep the order your credit card will not be charged until the item(s) ships.

6. As of right now the discount code is live on the Racingline website. USE CODE "GB7GY" to get the GB discount. The discount is equal to $54.38 ( $30 off + $24.38 in shipping)

7. If you add extra items to your order you will be charged the adjusted shipping rate (ex 27.49 for ypipe+ RSB, minus 24.38 = 3.49 in shipping charges for the RSB)

8. If you want in on the GB DO NOT WAIT and tell yourself "when they reach 10 I'll order" because if too many people do it and time runs out, then everybody loses.

9. Please include your maxima.org screen name in the comments box
http://www.racinglineperformance.com...rd=altima+pipe
Old 07-13-2010, 10:16 AM

I got email confirmation my items will be shipping soon hopefully today
Old 07-13-2010, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by bigear82
I got email confirmation my items will be shipping soon hopefully today
I still haven't received mine
Old 07-13-2010, 02:14 PM

I still haven't received mine
x2
Old 07-14-2010, 04:51 AM

Thanks for the info guys,I ordered mine yesterday and the code worked fine.Thank you again.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:59 PM

can we still join n how do i order one?
have a 2007 3.5 se
Old 07-14-2010, 05:05 PM
TAZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by cmejatt
can we still join n how do i order one?
have a 2007 3.5 se
This GB is for the 7thgen only right now. Your car uses a completely different pipe

Sorry guys for the delays, I got called out on some other business and have been swamped the last few days. Remain Pipes will be processed and start trickling out of the next day or so.

Thank again guys for a great GB!! For those wanting in on the GB, the discount code expires next friday. All order that come in right now will be processed as back orders and will ship in about 3 weeks or so
Old 07-14-2010, 05:11 PM

thanks on the update
Old 07-15-2010, 04:15 AM

Got my shipping notification today!
Old 07-15-2010, 11:43 AM

got my tracking # this morning. Mine should be here next friday.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:41 PM

I believe I was the ninth to order, but I have not gotten any shipping confirmation yet.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:49 AM

I am thinking about getting in on this before it expires......

One question:
How has this affected everyone's gas mileage?
90% of my driving is commuting to work where I can't open it up in traffic.
Old 07-16-2010, 10:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm in and ordered...
Old 07-16-2010, 12:42 PM

still haven't received anything from racingline however my account was charged, I'm really starting to get upset, these were supposed to be shipped out monday and it's now friday
Old 07-16-2010, 02:53 PM

still haven't received anything from racingline however my account was charged, I'm really starting to get upset, these were supposed to be shipped out monday and it's now friday
x2 im like wtf i think i was 2nd or 3rd order mine not even a email here what gives.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by OculusX
I am thinking about getting in on this before it expires......

One question:
How has this affected everyone's gas mileage?
90% of my driving is commuting to work where I can't open it up in traffic.
It all depends on how much more your going to have your foot in the accelerator now that the Y-pipe is in. I have heard some say no difference at all and i think one said it was slightly better. Id bet no difference.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:50 PM

x2 im like wtf i think i was 2nd or 3rd order mine not even a email here what gives.
Check your spam folders... I'm sure it has shipped. I don't see why he wouldn't ship them all at the same time. According to me FedEx tracking mine was picked up yesterday from Richmond BC Canada and had made it to Auburn WA and has already departed and is on its way down to Portland OR now.

Id be surprised it everyone's hasn't already been shipped out. Like I said, check your spam folders and mail filters.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:15 PM

Check your spam folders... I'm sure it has shipped. I don't see why he wouldn't ship them all at the same time. According to me FedEx tracking mine was picked up yesterday from Richmond BC Canada and had made it to Auburn WA and has already departed and is on its way down to Portland OR now.

Id be surprised it everyone's hasn't already been shipped out. Like I said, check your spam folders and mail filters.
that was the 1st thing i checked i got no emails in my inbox or spam folder i jusy pmd raceline.

Quick Reply: I've Done It Again :) Racingline Y-Pipe Group Buy!!!!!