Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Thermal Phenolic Intake Spacer Kits - ELIMINATE HEAT SOAK!! - 10hp and 12ft-lb GAIN!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 09:55 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by matthewr1
I've ordered and waiting for install
Thank you for your business! Your package will ship out today. You will receive an email confirmation shortly with more information.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:07 AM

I love mine! I definitely got the whistling sound with partial throttle and enjoy the hell out of it.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:42 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by 02whitemaximase
I love mine! I definitely got the whistling sound with partial throttle and enjoy the hell out of it.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:01 AM

WOW-I ordered the 5 piece kit 2 days ago and its here. Posting update in a few weeks after the install.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:08 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by matthewr1
WOW-I ordered the 5 piece kit 2 days ago and its here. Posting update in a few weeks after the install.
Thank you. We always ship same day if the order is received before 2pm ET.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:37 AM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

If you're looking for a spacer kit or anything else that NWP sells, Aaron is the guy to get it from. You can't get better customer service and Aaron spends a lot of time and effort helping the community and developing new parts for us. Keep up the good work, Aaron!
Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by sparks03max
If you're looking for a spacer kit or anything else that NWP sells, Aaron is the guy to get it from. You can't get better customer service and Aaron spends a lot of time and effort helping the community and developing new parts for us. Keep up the good work, Aaron!
Thanks Sparks!
Old 11-23-2011, 11:57 AM
NWP Engineering.com

This special promotion is still going on even though we are currently on backorder. We plan to have more kits in stock by next Monday. You can get a free BOP or free shipping with the purchase of any NWP Thermal Intake Spacer Kit. Just follow the instructions in the first post in this thread.

You may place your order at:
http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...rs.html#VQ35DE

Please feel free to post if you have any questions. Thank you.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:22 AM
NWP Engineering.com

All Thermal Intake Spacer Kits are back in stock and ready for immediate shipment.

http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenolic_Spacers.html
Old 12-14-2011, 08:13 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Bump! Please feel free to post if you have any questions.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:50 AM
NWP Engineering.com

The NWP Engineering Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacer Kit for the VQ35DE Maxima and Altima is now back in stock and currently on sale for $204.99 for the 5pc Kit!

Old 03-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Economy 5 pc set

Hi Aaron,
Any plans to offer the economy 5 pc set on sale or available on a group buy?
Thanks
Old 03-26-2012, 09:59 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by StevieB
Hi Aaron,
Any plans to offer the economy 5 pc set on sale or available on a group buy?
Thanks
The NWP Economy Spacer Kits are currently on backorder. We expect to have more back in stock sometime next week. Right now, they are difficult to keep in stock. Since they are a new product at such a low price, we don't have plans to run any promotions right now. More than likely, once the "newness" wears off and we're able to keep them in stock on a regular basis, I'd be interested in running a group buy or starting some type of promotion. But, I don't know when that may be right now.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:52 PM

Are you still offering the free shipping? Just wondering, probably thinking that you are not. This is for a IM spacer kit, full set. Just ordered a set from you anyways ... I am currently rebuilding my maxima, and beefing it up while I am at it.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:05 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Decoy036SPD
Are you still offering the free shipping? Just wondering, probably thinking that you are not. This is for a IM spacer kit, full set. Just ordered a set from you anyways ... I am currently rebuilding my maxima, and beefing it up while I am at it.
Yes, we are still doing the "Free Shipping" or "Free BOP" promotion with the purchase of any Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacer Kit. But you must follow the instructions mentioned in the original post and include a message with your order before you checkout.

Since I have not shipped your package just yet, I will help you out and give you free shipping since you were able to contact me before your package was shipped. Your package will ship today via 2-3 day Priority Mail.

Thank you for your business Decoy!

If anybody else is interested in taking advantage of this promotion, please make sure to follow the instructions properly. That way your request will be attached to your order and not in a separate email, PM, or post on a forum. Thanks!

Edit: Decoy036SPD, please send me an email to aaron@nwpengineering.com with your full name so I know which order to provide free shipping with. Thanks.

Last edited by Aaron92SE; 04-10-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Thanks for the prompt service, I e-mailed you. Cannot wait to install these bad boys on my car and get her running right.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Decoy036SPD
Thanks for the prompt service, I e-mailed you. Cannot wait to install these bad boys on my car and get her running right.
Thank you. $10 refund sent for Free Shipping. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:44 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

How much for an 01 maxima shipped to 11412?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:47 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by MrBlakc
How much for an 01 maxima shipped to 11412?
Thank you for your interest. The 2001 Maxima Thermal Intake Spacer Kit is $195 plus $10 shipping via USPS 2-3 day Priority Mail.

Here is a link:
http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...s.html#VQ30DEK

Right now, this kit is on backorder. But more are being produced now. We hope to have more in stock within the next week or two. Please let me know if you have any more questions.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:02 AM

Finally got the spacers installed so I'll see if I improve from 14.2 on the 1/4 mile or not.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:09 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by mrjasonlyrics
Finally got the spacers installed so I'll see if I improve from 14.2 on the 1/4 mile or not.
Thanks for the update! I hope you are having fun with the Spacers.

And when you do hit the track, send me an email or PM with your timeslip info if you are interested in comparing timeslips from two different days. I am really good at calculating air density among other variables so that you can compare timeslips properly.

For instance, if you ran a 14.2 in 80 degree weather, then install Spacers, and visit the track again in 55 degree weather, you will probably run a 13.7 (half second faster) considering you had the same 60 foot. But the Spacers won't shave a half second off your ET on a naturally aspirated engine realistically. What happened is that the colder weather means denser air with more oxygen. Colder air means more HP. The colder weather alone made your car faster by .3 of a second. The other .2 would have been because of the Spacers.

So send me a message when you are able to visit the track. I like analyzing timeslips.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
Thanks for the update! I hope you are having fun with the Spacers.

And when you do hit the track, send me an email or PM with your timeslip info if you are interested in comparing timeslips from two different days. I am really good at calculating air density among other variables so that you can compare timeslips properly.

For instance, if you ran a 14.2 in 80 degree weather, then install Spacers, and visit the track again in 55 degree weather, you will probably run a 13.7 (half second faster) considering you had the same 60 foot. But the Spacers won't shave a half second off your ET on a naturally aspirated engine realistically. What happened is that the colder weather means denser air with more oxygen. Colder air means more HP. The colder weather alone made your car faster by .3 of a second. The other .2 would have been because of the Spacers.

So send me a message when you are able to visit the track. I like analyzing timeslips.
Pretty impressive man. PM me your email and I'll send you my two best timeslip runs. Well I really hope I gain with your spacers so that I can recommend you to others, especially on youtube where I've been getting quite a lot of props and recognition. I get PM and comments on what mods they can do to get their car to run faster so I would definitely recommend you.

I shocked a lot of people on the track that day and it felt real good. You should check me out on youtube,you can't miss the silver two tone satin black racing camaro's, chargers,altima's,civics, and audi's.

Run through my channel mrjasonlyrics or 04 maxima vs charger and look for the two tone maxima doing a burnout. Send me your email and I'll send you my slips so you can anaylze my runs. Cheers
Old 04-17-2012, 11:23 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by mrjasonlyrics
Pretty impressive man. PM me your email and I'll send you my two best timeslip runs. Well I really hope I gain with your spacers so that I can recommend you to others, especially on youtube where I've been getting quite a lot of props and recognition. I get PM and comments on what mods they can do to get their car to run faster so I would definitely recommend you.

I shocked a lot of people on the track that day and it felt real good. You should check me out on youtube,you can't miss the silver two tone satin black racing camaro's, chargers,altima's,civics, and audi's.

Run through my channel mrjasonlyrics or 04 maxima vs charger and look for the two tone maxima doing a burnout. Send me your email and I'll send you my slips so you can anaylze my runs. Cheers
My email is aaron@nwpengineering.com.

The Spacer will most definitely help improve your 1/4 mile ETs. It can just be tricky determining how much they helped since you will be comparing ETs from two separate track days with different track conditions and weather conditions.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
My email is aaron@nwpengineering.com.

The Spacer will most definitely help improve your 1/4 mile ETs. It can just be tricky determining how much they helped since you will be comparing ETs from two separate track days with different track conditions and weather conditions.
I'm not going to lie. But since last season I've learnt so much and invested a lot in my car. I thought racing was just flooring it and shifting, turns out it's way more to factor in. Right tires, right tire pressure, perfect launch and shift, grade of fuel, elevation, temperature and weight reduction. Thanks to the org and the GT altima crew.

I'll get those time slips to you
Old 05-02-2012, 10:30 AM

Will the economy spacers give the same gains as the phenolic spacers? Also, the dyno gains come from using the 5 pc kit, correct? I feel if Im going to do the 3 pc kit, I might as well do the 5 lol.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:20 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by D Moolah
Will the economy spacers give the same gains as the phenolic spacers? Also, the dyno gains come from using the 5 pc kit, correct? I feel if Im going to do the 3 pc kit, I might as well do the 5 lol.
Both the 5pc Economy and our high quality 5pc Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacers have the same performance increases. Both will give an increase of 10hp and 12 ft-lbs of torque as well as a 40 degree reduction in your intake manifold temps. Our Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacers are guaranteed to outlast the life of your car and can be reinstalled as many times as you want.

But, since the Economy Spacer Kit is made out of an easier to machine insulating material and is softer, it can not be reinstalled an infinite amount of times like our high quality Phenolic Spacer Kit. Our Economy Thermal Intake Spacer Kit is designed to be installed and left alone. It may only be reinstalled a handful of times.

The bolts should be re-torqued after a 500 mile break-in period with the Economy Spacers. This is not necessary with our harder Phenolic Spacers.

Also, if you have a turbocharged or supercharged engine, it is recommended to use our high quality Phenolic Spacers.

Yes, our dyno testing is from the 5pc Kit.

In all our testing, the 5 piece kit is noticeably better than the 3 piece kit.

With our 5pc kit, you will be insulating the lower intake manifold, which gets very hot, 175-185 degrees. (178 degrees to be exact on our 5pc test vehicle) With the addition of the two thin LIM Spacers, the LIM temps were lowered to 144-145 degrees. That is a 33 degree reduction in LIM temps!

As for the UIM, having the entire 5pc kit installed will lower those UIM surface temperatures by 41-43 degrees. The UIM was 146-147 before. And 104-105 after.

With only the 3pc kit in place, the UIM temps will be decreased from 157 to 127 degrees for a temperature reduction of 30 degrees. And since the LIM Spacers aren't installed, your LIM will still be blistering hot at 175-185 degrees.

When heat soak is taken into consideration during the testing, the 5pc kit really shines as the best. The cooler you keep your intake manifolds, the more power you'll make on those hot summer days when you're hot lapping on the race track or driving in the city from stoplight to stoplight.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:19 PM

right on! i just purchased the economy one then. I wont be looking to install and re install it multiple times. Once will be good enough for me. I'll be looking to install it over memorial day weekend when I get some time, cant wait to add this to the VIAS BOP and see what the i35 can do

Last edited by D Moolah; 05-02-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:08 AM
NWP Engineering.com

right on! i just purchased the economy one then. I wont be looking to install and re install it multiple times. Once will be good enough for me. I'll be looking to install it over memorial day weekend when I get some time, cant wait to add this to the VIAS BOP and see what the i35 can do
Thank you for your business. Your package shipped out yesterday via USPS Priority Mail. You should have it by Monday.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:12 AM

Just wanted to say thanks for the quality product shipped asap! I got it two days after ordering, and now just waiting until memorial day weekend to install it. Looking forward to feeling these gains!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:23 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Just wanted to say thanks for the quality product shipped asap! I got it two days after ordering, and now just waiting until memorial day weekend to install it. Looking forward to feeling these gains!
I appreciate the feedback. We always try to process and ship orders the same day the payment is received in order to provide the fastest shipping possible. Most other companies take 2-3 business days to process each online order. That annoys me.

Please let me know if you have any questions when you start the install procedure or if you don't understand something in the instructions.

Thanks again for your business!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:05 AM
NWP Engineering.com

All the 02-08 Maxima VQ35DE Thermal Intake Spacer Kits are now back in stock and ready for immediate shipment!

VQ35 Phenolic Kits: http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...rs.html#VQ35DE

VQ35 Economy Kits: http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...VQ35DE-Economy

Please feel free to post if you have any questions. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:22 AM

Would you guys ever make then for the VG again? I was wanting these a while back when you did but my max got totaled out. Now I have another and you guys don't make them anymore.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:57 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by DizZL3
Would you guys ever make then for the VG again? I was wanting these a while back when you did but my max got totaled out. Now I have another and you guys don't make them anymore.
That Spacer Kit for the VG30E Maxima was discontinued due to the low demand. I can probably make more, but, it will have to be a group purchase of at least 4-5 orders.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:44 AM
NWP Engineering.com

All Spacer Kits are in stock and ready for immediate shipment.

The 02-08 Maxima Phenolic 5pc Spacer Kits are on sale for $204.99 and you can still ask for Free Shipping or a free Basic VIAS Block Plate Kit with the purchase of any Phenolic Kit!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:48 AM

just placed my order! *salivates*
Old 06-26-2012, 12:32 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by tyler5619
just placed my order! *salivates*
Thank you for your business! Your package will ship today (Tues) and should be there this Thursday or Friday. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:51 PM

Order placed. Thanks!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:05 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by PakiPlaya07
Order placed. Thanks!
Thank you. At the time you placed your order, the Phenolic Spacers were on backorder. An email was immediately sent notifying you of this. But, we have them back in stock now and your package was shipped today via USPS Priority Mail. You should receive it on Monday. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Thank you for your business!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:21 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Special East Coast Maxima Meet Pricing Sale!
http://forums.maxima.org/group-deals...-midnight.html
Old 06-30-2012, 08:30 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Special East Coast Maxima Meet sale! Ends Sunday night at midnight!

Please click here for more information:
http://forums.maxima.org/group-deals...-midnight.html

02-08 Maxima 5pc Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacer Kits
$200.00 SHIPPED!

00-01 Maxima Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacer Kits
$180.00 SHIPPED! for 2001 Maxima
$210.00 SHIPPED! for 2000 Maxima w/ EGR

95-99 Maxima Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacer Kits
$200.00 SHIPPED!

95-03 Maxima Engine Torque Link Bracing Kits
$120.00 SHIPPED!

Quick Reply: Thermal Phenolic Intake Spacer Kits - ELIMINATE HEAT SOAK!! - 10hp and 12ft-lb GAIN!!