Group Deals / Sponsors Forum Find out more information on group deals that are going on for Maxima parts from our Sponsors.

Can someone get a CF hood deal going

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 12:13 PM

Well can we start a new one?
Old 02-16-2005, 12:00 PM

once again, sorry. custom carbons are too busy to do it again. unless something has changed.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:21 AM
Blown

I just tracked my hood that was sent out monday 2/14/05, and DHL told me that it would arive to me on Wed. the 23rd.....the reason I am posting this is just to show that it is taking the hoods about a week and a half to get to the east coast from time of shipment. Also the way I got my tracking number (since this has been a problem to get in this deal), is by calling DHL (800-225-5345) then you need to give them customcarbons ZIP, which is 91733, and then give them your ZIP and they can track your package for you. Maybe this will help out with some of the wait time.

*edit* ok I actually tracked my package and it was picked up at customcarbons on the 16th not 14th, so these may actually be going out a few days after jdm thinks they are going out....just a heads up. So I guess they are taking a week to get to the east coast.
Old 02-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Hey There Mr. Paperboy...

Has mine been shipped yet?
Old 02-21-2005, 06:17 PM

any idea if mine has been sipped out, i got it from the ebay deal but every time i call or email, i get no response.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Blown

Oblong,
I see in this post you already have you hood pins in but the hood latch is not alligned yet. Did you put the pins in before you had the hood aligned? Also which hole on the rad support did you use for the pins (i.e. if you look under the hood how many holes over from the fender did you use?)? Thanks for your help. Also if you can post the size drill bit you used for the holes for the pins I would appreciate it. If anyone else knows the answer to these questions that has already installed a hood feel free to chime in. Thanks.

-Carson

Originally Posted by Oblongshapes
Took me about 1h 45 min. but I did it myself, if you have someone holding the old hood and new one guiding it on and off, it would make it 7x's easier. Hood pins are easy, put them in the rad support, not put some red, yellow, blue, ect paint on the top of the pin. Shut the hood on them, now look at your hood, and begin to drill that spot with a small bit and work your way up. Its ok if you make it a bit big too, because its covered by the top pin.

risingmist: thanks you
Im going to try to get it sprayed off tomorrow and take some nicer pictures, I just ran out and took those after i got home at 3am
Old 02-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Blown

got my hood today at lunch....looks nice I have not put it on yet but I should have it on by the weekend...I'll take pics. Thanks for setting this up JDM
Old 02-24-2005, 12:43 AM

Yea, I installed the pins before I shimmed the fender out. I used the 2nd holes in from the fender, the ones that are closer together. Its a preference, I just figured that those ones are more centered and would have a better chance to prevent a draft from getting under the hood. I cant really remember bit size. I know a started small and ended up using about a 1/2 inch drill bit
Old 02-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Blu
the tits

Well I finally got around to installing the hood. Upon inspection I noticed quite a few flaws that sort of pissed me off. First off I guess I got a friday hood that they threw together in a few minutes bc the weave is terrible, some spots they skipped a row of horizontal or vertical weave which is obvious standing away from it. Also the weave is frayed towars the front of the hood all the way across and looks like complete crap. Also mine has clear coat bubbles all over the hood which looks like white spots that you can see from quite a distance. A couple other things that pissed me off is my stock bolts will not fit the holes provided to mount the hood and last but not least the damn latch will not hook which led me to take off the damn hood bc I cant even drive to car to the shop without pins to get them installed. All I have to say is the $300 I spent wasn't a good deal for me bc I got a sh1tty quality hood and would have rather paid $100+ more for a quality hood that looks and fits decent. What can I do now though to at least get this POS mounted... cut the latch off totally and just rely on hood pins for the grade F looking hood. I'd really like to talk to someone at that shop to see why the he11 they let this hood out of the shop looking like this. UGH time to go put the stocker back on and throw this thing away.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
Well I finally got around to installing the hood. Upon inspection I noticed quite a few flaws that sort of pissed me off. First off I guess I got a friday hood that they threw together in a few minutes bc the weave is terrible, some spots they skipped a row of horizontal or vertical weave which is obvious standing away from it. Also the weave is frayed towars the front of the hood all the way across and looks like complete crap. Also mine has clear coat bubbles all over the hood which looks like white spots that you can see from quite a distance. A couple other things that pissed me off is my stock bolts will not fit the holes provided to mount the hood and last but not least the damn latch will not hook which led me to take off the damn hood bc I cant even drive to car to the shop without pins to get them installed. All I have to say is the $300 I spent wasn't a good deal for me bc I got a sh1tty quality hood and would have rather paid $100+ more for a quality hood that looks and fits decent. What can I do now though to at least get this POS mounted... cut the latch off totally and just rely on hood pins for the grade F looking hood. I'd really like to talk to someone at that shop to see why the he11 they let this hood out of the shop looking like this. UGH time to go put the stocker back on and throw this thing away.
aw damn man, that sux big ones. im getting worried now. i really dont want a ****ty hood. anyway of returning it for another one? theyd prob ask you to ship it back which is another 150 then they will have to ship it to you aother 150, damn that sux i soke with them friay and they said my hood was delayed cause they switched from dhl, it ships out starting monday.

if any thing, if you plan on just throwing it away, ask if the hood shipping was insured
Old 02-27-2005, 05:57 PM
Blu
the tits

btw one more thing, my hood did not seem to have rolled CF edges, the CF stopped right at the edge of the hood and didnt roll under the slope...
Old 02-27-2005, 06:30 PM
Boosted Panda

btw one more thing, my hood did not seem to have rolled CF edges, the CF stopped right at the edge of the hood and didnt roll under the slope...

That sux to hear. Sorry.
Sounds like their cutting corners now to meet their demands.
On the hood latch, try removing it and turn it around.
When I got my hood, my latch was backwards and I couldnt get it to fit for sh#t. It finally dawned on me that it was backwards and when I turned it around, it closed nicely.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:15 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally Posted by FLAVOR_24/7
That sux to hear. Sorry.
Sounds like their cutting corners now to meet their demands.
On the hood latch, try removing it and turn it around.
When I got my hood, my latch was backwards and I couldnt get it to fit for sh#t. It finally dawned on me that it was backwards and when I turned it around, it closed nicely.
I wish that was it but its not, even if it was the latch couldn't be removed bc its fiberglassed to the skeleton. I guess Im just SOL on this deal...
Old 02-28-2005, 05:35 AM
Blown

Mine does not have rolled edges either

Old 02-28-2005, 06:49 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Mine does not have rolled edges either. You know I have been wondering since the day I got this, on the box it arived in it said "Made in China." Maybe we didn't get such an awesome deal and these were not hand made in cali somewhere, but I have no proof, and the weave on mine looks pretty good.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:01 PM

the boxes are what they used to ship out. hoods them selfs are made here.

the way they explained to rolled edges when i took a trip down to the shop was not having the cf rolled to the under side but the edges are rolled i give it a cleaner edge instead of a cut edge like a lot of hoods out there.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Blown

the edges on mine are not ruff but I would never try to pass it off as being 'rolled'
Old 02-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Blu
the tits

mine also has a few knicks along the edge, jdmmax I'll try to get you some pics tonight...
Old 03-01-2005, 11:36 AM

I just got mine in today....thank you for the group deal. A couple of imperfections, but that is what makes the hood look real.(i guess) You think it will be ok on wth out hood pins for a while?

Chris
Old 03-01-2005, 11:44 AM

In begining I was upset that I didn't get on this deal and now it looks like I got lucky by not getting one
Old 03-01-2005, 03:38 PM

Well I am another to add to the list of having ordered a CF hood from them, I hope that the hood I receive fits well and to the description they have provided. they said I should see the hood in a week so I hope so and look forward to the hood. My Hood pins are already orderd.

sadly if the hood is somewhat as bad as desribed its a greater improvement over my hood now in its current condition, but I paid a little bit more than you guys here in the GD so I hope that, that is reflected in thehood. I'll post Pics once I receive the Hood and isntall.

Originally Posted by ionblu_max96blk
I just got mine in today....thank you for the group deal. A couple of imperfections, but that is what makes the hood look real.(i guess) You think it will be ok on wth out hood pins for a while?

Chris
yea you'll be fine assuming the lock latch is functional and that you dont drive too fast (above 50mph) if you see your hood shaking then slow down.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:37 PM

greatly appreciated...so i guess that means i will have to wait for like a week to get my car finished being fixed...
Old 03-02-2005, 02:04 PM

wow they are quick, I purchased tusday,and got an e-mail from them today saying they will ship today and gave a tracking number.

will post pics when I receive and put on.