8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

The 8th generation Maxima...prototypes, news, updates, rumors and more

Old 01-16-2014, 05:58 PM

What's the benefit of a CVT vs a 7speed at? I surely wish Nissan had made a 7speed transmission for the 8th gen Maxima. I have no problems with a CVT just 7speed is way more competitive and better all around.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:03 PM

but its so damn good looking...

Old 01-17-2014, 11:18 AM

^^^^ They gotta get rid of that tooth though....paint it body color or something.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by stix_clgi
^^^^ They gotta get rid of that tooth though....paint it body color or something.
I've sen this tooth photo-shopped to body color several places on this site, and it clearly looks better

I originally thought of blacking the tooth out, but then the car begins to look like either a Ford or a large mouth bass.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:41 AM

That car is really sexy. I love how the rear sides protrude out and I love those lights. The roof is genius because I'm a fan of the pano and the way those wheels sit in the wheel well is just perfect. I'm looking forward to this. If this is how it looks then of course I'll be waiting until 2016-2017 but at least I won't get a Tesla S like I was thinking of doing.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:45 AM

Propa Teknique You'll like the new Maxima it's worth the wait you'll enjoy it better and the Tesla rides well that thing felt like it wanted to fly off the ground!

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 01-23-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Alexander
Propa Teknique You'll like the new Maxima it's worth the wait you'll enjoy it better and the Tesla rides well that thing felt like it wanted to fly off the ground!
I know right! That Model S P85 is a true beast! I test drove my coworker's dad's Tesla and I was just done after that. I had dreams of little Tesla babies. I still want to stay loyal to Maxima however. After owning 2, I'm graciously awaiting the next! The interior is just too sexy. It didn't even look color.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:07 PM

Propa Teknique If you get the Tesla you'll end up the moon in that thing. I have plan for you lease the Tesla see how you like it and then by the time the next Maxima comes out go check it out and take it from there.Name:  100_8313_zps6433fa7b.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  31.7 KB

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 01-23-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 12:10 PM

[QUOTE=Chris Alexander;8905587]Propa Teknique If you get the Tesla you might end up the moon in that thing. I have plan for you lease the Tesla see how you like it and then by the time the next Maxima comes out go check it out and take it from there.

WAIT! You can lease a Tesla?? Seriously? Where? I'm in Houston, do you think there is a place that has one?
Old 01-23-2014, 12:13 PM

Oh yeah some dealerships do it check this out I saved it in my phone a while back!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hannahel...tesla-model-s/
Old 01-23-2014, 12:15 PM

Oh yeah some dealerships do it check this out I saved it in my phone a while back!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/hannahel...tesla-model-s/
Wishful Thinking my man... Wishful Thinking! Thanks!
Old 01-23-2014, 12:18 PM

Propa Teknique Tesla owes me a free car I just sent them customer I probably wouldn't buy one until left Texas.

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 01-23-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:29 AM

With a couple of mods the new max will be really cool, but will I get one euhm I have doubt... for now the 2014 Titan and get the 2K1 out after a major work and 7 years of being garaged.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:16 AM

Personally

I really do believe the "Sports Sedan" concept will come to life especially after seeing the new Murano. Body lines are pretty similar as the new "maxima" concept. What do you guys think?

Old 04-15-2014, 12:15 PM

x2

For me, it's a lot easier to look back at past concept ideas from Nissan. Like these for example. They mimic a lot of what we see today..

The "FriendMe" looks like the latest concept for the "Sports Sedan"

The "Allure" really resembles body styling of the latest maxima and altima conbined.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:32 PM

The Maxima picture is awesome.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:47 PM

VIP MAXIMA - Yes, the new Murano does indeed reflect stylistic traits shown in the photo of the prototype Nissan 4DSC released last August.

I am still convincd that the failures that have occured with the new CVT in the new Altima are the reason the 8th gen Maxima is not already arriving at dealer lots. The new Altima CVT was to have also been used as the 8th gen Maxima CVT. It is clearly superior to the CVT in the 7th gen Maxima, but, unfortunately, has proven to be unreliable.

And that is just as well. It would have been a huge mistake for Nissan to release the 8th gen Maxima with a tranny known to have serious problems.

My doubt at this point is whether the CVT problems will be resolved in time to have the 8th gen released as the '15 model year. Unless a fix is definite within the next two months, I see the 8th gen Maxima being released either around the end of the year or early next year as the '16 model year. That would mean the 7th gen survived SEVEN model years, breaking the old Maxima record of six (3rd gen - '89-'94)

I say a July fix would be too late because Nissan does not release a new generation of the Maxima until there are at least several thousand assembled and sitting on the back lot, so that each Nissan dealer will have a several available at intro. There are lots of Nissan dealers, including 28 within a hour and a half driving time of my home.

Having owned nothing but Maximas since Oct 1984, I am as anxious as the next person to own an 8th generation Maxima, but I want it to be as reliable as my Maximas from the 2nd thru 7th generations have been.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
VIP MAXIMA - Yes, the new Murano does indeed reflect stylistic traits shown in the photo of the prototype Nissan 4DSC released last August.

I am still convincd that the failures that have occured with the new CVT in the new Altima are the reason the 8th gen Maxima is not already arriving at dealer lots. The new Altima CVT was to have also been used as the 8th gen Maxima CVT. It is clearly superior to the CVT in the 7th gen Maxima, but, unfortunately, has proven to be unreliable.

And that is just as well. It would have been a huge mistake for Nissan to release the 8th gen Maxima with a tranny known to have serious problems.

My doubt at this point is whether the CVT problems will be resolved in time to have the 8th gen released as the '15 model year. Unless a fix is definite within the next two months, I see the 8th gen Maxima being released either around the end of the year or early next year as the '16 model year. That would mean the 7th gen survived SEVEN model years, breaking the old Maxima record of six (3rd gen - '89-'94)

I say a July fix would be too late because Nissan does not release a new generation of the Maxima until there are at least several thousand assembled and sitting on the back lot, so that each Nissan dealer will have a several available at intro. There are lots of Nissan dealers, including 28 within a hour and a half driving time of my home.

Having owned nothing but Maximas since Oct 1984, I am as anxious as the next person to own an 8th generation Maxima, but I want it to be as reliable as my Maximas from the 2nd thru 7th generations have been.
I had no idea the new Altima CVT would be in the Maxima.(not suprised though) I feel they need a new power plant for this car if they really want to bring die hard Nissan fans back to their market.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:31 AM

8th gen maxima coming this fall!

The redesigned 2015 Maxima will reach U.S. showrooms this fall, Nissan North America Chairman Jose Munoz said at the New York auto show Wednesday.
http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...show-car-flair
Old 04-17-2014, 09:23 AM

Haven't seen test cars around Nashville yet...I remember seeing the new Altima about two months before it hit showroom floors. I'll keep an eye out, and snap some pics if I happen across one.

If the car is coming out, I expect to see Nissan moving them around here sometime soon. Although I have a feeling that it'll be later than this fall, especially considering Nissan hasn't released a finalized concept.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:26 PM

VIP MAXIMA -

I concur
Old 04-17-2014, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Brett
Haven't seen test cars around Nashville yet...I remember seeing the new Altima about two months before it hit showroom floors. I'll keep an eye out, and snap some pics if I happen across one.

If the car is coming out, I expect to see Nissan moving them around here sometime soon. Although I have a feeling that it'll be later than this fall, especially considering Nissan hasn't released a finalized concept.
Sounds more realistic
Old 04-18-2014, 02:13 PM

2015 Nissan Maxima

I just got confirmation on the 2015 Maxima is starting to leak the details. I quote this Nissan North America Chairman Jose Munoz has revealed some new details about the 2015 Maxima.

Speaking at the sidelines of the New York Auto Show, Munoz said the Maxima will look virtually identical to the Sport Sedan concept which debuted at the North American International Auto Show earlier this year. As he explained to Automotive News, “The difference between the concept car and the production car will be very small." Munoz declined to elaborate but said the model will go on sale this fall.

Little else is known about the Maxima but it will likely feature a "V-Motion" front fascia with a prominent grille and boomerang-shaped shapes headlights. The model could also be equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 engine that produces at least 260 bhp (194 kW)

My hope sank, since the concept car looks nice but like most Org says the looks is too busy, aka too many details also the fact that it quite possibly with a glass roof such as like the Kia Optima. I am not too thrill about it.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:39 PM
dot dot dot ...

Sounds like a downgrade with 260. It should have a 3.7 IMO and not a CVT.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Sounds like a downgrade with 260. It should have a 3.7 IMO and not a CVT.
I wouldn't overly worry with a bhp downgrade. Considering that fwd will result in too much torque wheel spin at 300 bhp+. I would take 370z engine turbo, awd, 370 7-speed auto, gtr shocks and suspension. That would redefine 4dsc by far. Should see increases to leg room and cargo volume, those were huge complaints for a while on '09-'14 model series.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:27 AM

Honestly, a downgrade on the Maxima seems reasonable. The 7th gen was getting into Infiniti territory price-wise and amenities-wise. It's about time that Nissan brought the Maxima back to what it used to be...a sporty sedan with nicer amenities and a bit of a sleeper side to it, with just enough HP to make it fun to drive.

Have you seen the resale on the 7th gen Maxima? Not good at all...they'll be had for pennies before long because they just aren't worth the price tag.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:41 AM

You guys better hope and pray the nut buckets over there at Nissan create a winner this time with the 8th gen because from the direction the Hyundai Genesis is going in at this point we're only hoping for a miracle.

I'm in high hopes that this 8th generation is a success its questionable Nissan not only has work to do on the Maxima but most of the lineup

Murano is good
Maxima is in trouble
Altima gets better MPG than the Sentra
The Xterra been out since 04/05
The Armada been out since 04/05

With the last 6th and 7th gens being in the pits now there's more pressure on the 8th gen to come out on top more than ever. You guys know your stuff maybe if Nissan listened then this thing would be on point.

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 04-23-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You guys better hope and pray the nut buckets over there at Nissan create a winner this time with the 8th gen because from the direction the Hyundai Genesis is going in at this point we're only hoping for a miracle.

I'm in high hopes that this 8th generation is a success its questionable Nissan not only has work to do on the Maxima but most of the lineup

Murano is good
Maxima is in trouble
Altima gets better MPG than the Sentra
The Xterra been out since 04/05
The Armada been out since 04/05

With the last 6th and 7th gens being in the pits now there's more pressure on the 8th gen to come out on top more than ever. You guys know your stuff maybe if Nissan listened then this thing would be on point.
ALL japanese carmakers are upping their game. Competition is good. No. Great. Japanese carmakers, especially Nissan with their awesome engines have always had the technical know how.

Toyota's SUPRA will be ressurected.
The Maxima will be awesome.
The NSX? Well, Honda is weird. I dunno. But I have to admit the new Accord in V6 form is the best damn accord I have ever seen. I LIKE IT.

Who do we have to thank for all this? The Koreans. South Korea. North Korea? mmmmmm, not so much lol. I remember the 1st Hyumdais. Today's Hyundai? WOW. And now there's KIA which isnt half bad either.
Old 04-23-2014, 11:41 AM

Nissan has a history of watering down the production models from the concepts...look at the Fuga vs. Infiniti M. I'm sure the general proportions and basic shapes will be there but details will be more production car "friendly." I'm sure the interior will be watered down as well and while I don't think a full glass roof like the concept will make it, probably some front/rear dual panel thing will.

I'm hopeful the production car looks good...cuz it sure needs to. The Altima has been far too close to the Maxima and has mostly been the better looking (from 2002+) of the two...time to put some real distance between them and make the Maxima the better car again.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by delerium75
Nissan has a history of watering down the production models from the concepts...look at the Fuga vs. Infiniti M. I'm sure the general proportions and basic shapes will be there but details will be more production car "friendly." I'm sure the interior will be watered down as well and while I don't think a full glass roof like the concept will make it, probably some front/rear dual panel thing will.

I'm hopeful the production car looks good...cuz it sure needs to. The Altima has been far too close to the Maxima and has mostly been the better looking (from 2002+) of the two...time to put some real distance between them and make the Maxima the better car again.

Look at the concept for, and then the production version of, the 2015 Murano. It is about 90% similar to the concept.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
Look at the concept for, and then the production version of, the 2015 Murano. It is about 90% similar to the concept.
I see the similarities...overall shapes and proportions but it all looks completely (but subtly) different...just like the Fuga was completely different than the M but the overall proportions and shapes were the same. I'm just hoping that the translation from concept car to production car doesn't lose too much because I think that's what that car needs to be.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:58 PM

^^ I agree with you
Old 04-23-2014, 06:52 PM

The key to the 8th gen Maxima success is gonna be that big shock factor we all saw back in 2002 when the 3rd gen Altima then 2004 when the 6th gen Max came out they both set trends. Since Altima the grew all of a sudden then competition followed with this you wanna create something that everybody is gonna try to jump on board with. When you make a car and other auto manufacturers scramble to imitate it in some kind of way you've got a winner.

Also after 2002 we saw a big decline in these products in terms of quality and reliability so Nissan step your game up on this 8th.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:58 PM

This car is going to be what the 6th gen should've grown into.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:01 PM

Don't Maximas and Muranos use the same CVT? Since the new Murano has rolled out I think the Max should be released on time (hopefully).
Old 04-24-2014, 02:15 AM

I bet it will be based on the Laguna platform.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:09 AM

This new Max should be out this fall! Pray for a proper gearbox option, the way this car looks- it deserves a quick shifting AT or a 6 speed
Old 04-24-2014, 10:08 AM

The new Maxima should be awesome should Nissan keep as true to the concept as the new Murano.
Sadly, as for the FT-1, yes it may be the new Supra, but not so super in power. Because the power train is a co op with BMW, it will only end up with a 4 cylinder power plant. No straight 6 or any other 6 for that matter. More show than go. BMW limits this venture so that there is no direct competition with their version, which WILL get more engine choices.... The NSX will be a real super car...the old one is still very sought after. Agreed the V6 Accord is haut! Especially IF you can source the rare V6 coupe manual! Maxima, with her looks, will STEAL the next platform show though!!!!
Originally Posted by dwapenyi
ALL japanese carmakers are upping their game. Competition is good. No. Great. Japanese carmakers, especially Nissan with their awesome engines have always had the technical know how.

Toyota's SUPRA will be ressurected.
The Maxima will be awesome.
The NSX? Well, Honda is weird. I dunno. But I have to admit the new Accord in V6 form is the best damn accord I have ever seen. I LIKE IT.

Who do we have to thank for all this? The Koreans. South Korea. North Korea? mmmmmm, not so much lol. I remember the 1st Hyumdais. Today's Hyundai? WOW. And now there's KIA which isnt half bad either.

Last edited by 4DRZ; 04-24-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:49 AM

Do not want unless they make a trim that has the Dual-clutch automatic like the GTR.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by 2003MaximaMan
Do not want unless they make a trim that has the Dual-clutch automatic like the GTR.
Not gonna happen in a sports sedan aimed at $35-$40K MSRP. A 6-speed, 3 pedal option would be a really really nice option to the new Altima sourced CVT. It's already in the parts bin with the 370Z....just need to modify it from RWD to FWD/AWD.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The 8th generation Maxima...prototypes, news, updates, rumors and more