General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ohhhh....how qute!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 12:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The Honda guys are at it again!! Ooooh..how qute!

http://www.v6accord.com/forums/showt...&threadid=3137

wonder why they didn't invite us in this 'comparison'?
Old 12-31-2001, 01:29 PM

Oh... you mean "quaint"! LOL, I thought, "hmm, how 'cute' spelled in some kind of 1337 speak?"

I dunno why, maybe they're comparing coupes (except their own Accord)?
Old 12-31-2001, 02:38 PM

I think those are the cars of friends of his.

Maybe none of his friends has a Maxima. Entirely possible.

SuDZ
Old 12-31-2001, 05:28 PM
Telus.net

You wanna know why they didn't invite Max for the comparison huh?

Well, its because Maxima.org makes stickers!

Old 12-31-2001, 05:29 PM
Telus.net

Oh, we also have custommaxima.com and maximadriver.com

And we have JOO to back the Max up!

Old 12-31-2001, 06:34 PM
Honda Convert!

Look At This Crap!!!!

Oh yeah look at this crap. They just decided to steal a whole bunch of crap from a nissan on this one. I think those honda boys are forgetting who they are.. can we say nissan envy.
http://www.importtuner.com/archives/...features01.jsp

Bruce
Old 01-01-2002, 02:11 AM

Originally posted by SuDZ
I think those are the cars of friends of his.

Maybe none of his friends has a Maxima. Entirely possible.

SuDZ
I think that's it
Old 01-01-2002, 06:44 AM

Re: The Honda guys are at it again!! Ooooh..how qute!

Originally posted by irvine78

The Maxima routinely gets left out of comparisons in the mainstream mags, too. I've seen comparisons that have every other 4-door family sedan under $30K, but not the Maxima. Apparently the magazines know that the Maxima is in another class and would murder the other cars. Like the comparison that C&D did a few years ago with luxury sport sedans. They had an E420 Sport, a 540i, Q45, etc. But in a separate article after that, they did a write-up on the Cadillac STS. C&D said that it had originally intended to include the STS in the comparison, but it was so far behind all of the imports in every category, that it wouldn't have been fair to Cadillac to show it get slaughtered. I actually would have enjoyed that.
Old 01-01-2002, 04:15 PM

Re: The Honda guys are at it again!! Ooooh..how qute!

Originally posted by irvine78

The better question is, why should you really care? No offense intended, but if you are really certain that a Maxima will trounce those cars, then it should not matter what people who drive Integras, Preludes, Accords, and Celicas think of Maximas. Let them line up at the stoplight and may be the better car win the dragrace.

The thing I find funny on this board is that people spend so much money making their Maxima, a family sedan, compete with other vehicles with sportier intentions (such as Integra, Prelude, Celica). Yes, you can SC a Maxima and make it fast, and slam it down until you have no ground clearance, but I often wonder whether it's all worth it. Remember, it's only a car. Perhaps we are better off just buying that 330i to begin with and not have to worry about the Check Engine Lights from mods, the harsh ride from modded suspension, and the poorly assembled interior trim replete with rattles, vibrations, and odd squeaks (probably due to the harsh ride from the lowered suspension!).
Old 01-02-2002, 04:09 AM

Re: Re: The Honda guys are at it again!! Ooooh..how qute!

Originally posted by Eric L.

The thing I find funny on this board is that people spend so much money making their Maxima, a family sedan, compete with other vehicles with sportier intentions (such as Integra, Prelude, Celica). Yes, you can SC a Maxima and make it fast, and slam it down until you have no ground clearance, but I often wonder whether it's all worth it. Remember, it's only a car. Perhaps we are better off just buying that 330i to begin with and not have to worry about the Check Engine Lights from mods, the harsh ride from modded suspension, and the poorly assembled interior trim replete with rattles, vibrations, and odd squeaks (probably due to the harsh ride from the lowered suspension!).

Yep. That's why my next car is gonna be an AMG E55. No mods at all. Just tinted windows and a killer aftermarket sound system.
Old 01-02-2002, 05:46 AM

Re: Re: The Honda guys are at it again!! Ooooh..how qute!

Originally posted by Eric L.
The better question is, why should you really care? No offense intended, but if you are really certain that a Maxima will trounce those cars, then it should not matter what people who drive Integras, Preludes, Accords, and Celicas think of Maximas. Let them line up at the stoplight and may be the better car win the dragrace.

This is kinda funny coming from someone how has all these mods on his car.
Performance: Cattman SS Ypipe, JWT popcharger
Handling: H&R springs, KYB AGX, FSTB, RSTB, Addco RSB, Borbet Type M 17x8 w/ Kumho Ecsta 712 235/45/17
Is the pot calling the kettle black?

Stereodude
Old 01-02-2002, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: The Honda guys are at it again!! Ooooh..how qute!

Originally posted by Stereodude

This is kinda funny coming from someone how has all these mods on his car.Is the pot calling the kettle black?

Stereodude
Old 01-02-2002, 11:28 AM

This is kinda funny coming from someone how has all these mods on his car.Is the pot calling the kettle black?

Stereodude

You will never find me saying that my car can outhandle a 540i or dust a S2000 at the stoplight. Nothing wrong with modding, but I do see a phenomenon where modding tends to go to people's heads and inflate their egos out of proportion. I'm just sick of reading the "roadkill" posts here. So what if you think you have fast car. If you really have a fast car, then great, but does everyone want to hear how some Max driver went 80 in a 30mph residential area, or someone evaded the cops by taking a sharp turn with those wonderful coilovers? The BBS used to be people posting technical questions and technical responses. Now it's "I raced an M5 the other night and only lost by a car length" or "check out these new HID wannabe bulbs."

I do address limitations of the Maxima (i.e. it is not the perfect car like everyone here says it is)...my car has its shares of rattles, electrical gremlins, logicless autotragic, and of course, the horrible rough ride due to lowered springs and heavy rims.
Old 01-02-2002, 12:14 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Stereodude
I'm curious as to whether or not you actually read and thought about Eric's comments, or if you just had a knee-jerk reaction to his opinions.

Eric never said he wanted to compete with 'tegs, Civics, Celicas, etc. He merely wondered why other dot org guys here are so obsessed with beating these and other vehicles such as any Bimmer on the road. He is wondering what the point is, yet states the Max can be made into a fast car, but can't be made into something more than it is (which is a family car grocery getter that has relatively cheap quality even against "rice rocket" imports such as Integras, Civics, etc.). He then wonders if many of you (including himself) would have been better off biting the bullet and getting the Bimmer, etc. in the first place rather than have to go to hell and back to get someone to:

A) Make mods for the Max.
B) Sell mods for a resonable price.
C) Be able to utilize mods that are as "effective per dollar" as those available on Hondas, VWs, etc.

In short, some have seen the light, others continue to want to stay in the dark in order to avoid the truth:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=60533

Be proud of your Minima!