General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Typical Craigslist scumbag **PICS**

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 10:42 PM

Typical Craigslist scumbag **PICS**

Last edited by kroze; 09-10-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:45 PM

not to mention that he either has a spare on the back or he wants to mix and match
Old 09-10-2011, 10:45 PM

210k miles that stuff is kinda expected, but he shouldnt put looks like new lol
Old 09-10-2011, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by chrome91
210k miles that stuff is kinda expected, but he shouldnt put looks like new lol
Looks like new? really?

Runs like new? I highly doubt it considering how credible you are.

Mint condition? GTFO moron.

Garage kept? What garage f*** face

I think the only thing that's truthful about his ad is his phone number.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:49 PM

Geez That's barely in 'fair' condition.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:51 PM

How could you "well maintain" miles
Old 09-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Got Retrofit?

**** that guy.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:01 PM

^^^^
Old 09-11-2011, 12:20 AM

This is why I dislike craigslist so much. So many shady people on there.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:22 AM

Wow that guy looks like a very reputable and honest guy.

I would love to give him my months of savings in return for his vehicular transportational device.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:09 AM

Looks like showroom condition....
Old 09-11-2011, 09:15 AM

lets all spam his email
Old 09-11-2011, 09:17 AM

lol far from being honest
Old 09-11-2011, 09:23 AM

lol, that's like fat girls calling themselves average on a personal ad. At least if you say like new, don't put a picture of your cracked paint on the ad.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:02 AM

Seeing that this is from New Jersey comes as no surprise to me. Seems like that state is filled with much more people like this than average (not everyone).
Old 09-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Gram Lights addict

OP why does this bother you so much?
Old 09-11-2011, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by QT1 5MT AE
OP-

Old 09-11-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by cleardaze
lol, that's like fat girls calling themselves average on a personal ad. At least if you say like new, don't put a picture of your cracked paint on the ad.

someone buy this man a drink hes right
Old 09-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

ii wounder iif some1 actualy bought the thiing lmaoo....
Old 09-11-2011, 01:42 PM

Because when I was shopping for a used car, I wasted countless hours driving and checking out cars only to find out the car is a total POS, contrary to what the AD said.

Don't freaking waste my time by lying about your car's condition. How do you feel when you wasted an hour driving to check out the car that's supposedly "mint" and "looks brand new" only to find out rosy o'donell took a sh*t in the interior and Thor himself hammered the fenders, hood, and roof?
Old 09-11-2011, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by kroze
Because when I was shopping for a used car, I wasted countless hours driving and checking out cars only to find out the car is a total POS, contrary to what the AD said.

Don't freaking waste my time by lying about your car's condition. How do you feel when you wasted an hour driving to check out the car that's supposedly "mint" and "looks brand new" only to find out rosy o'donell took a sh*t in the interior and Thor himself hammered the fenders, hood, and roof?
I understand what you're saying and totally sympathize with you (been there, done that), but your example doesn't work. His pictures clearly tell the story. Anyone that drives an hour to see this "mint" car based on the title deserves to waste their time. But, I know what you're getting at in general and totally agree with you.

I say email the douche, and link him to this thread.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Gram Lights addict

I generally dont go check out cars that dont have pictures. I was recently shopping around for a used,late model car for my younger sister and went through a lot of wasting time for over a month before we pulled the trigger on a vehicle. I learned some do's and don'ts of the used car market.

1)buy from a well know dealership that sells new cars.
2)buy from private party posted on a reputable website (cars.com autotrader. etc).
3)Stay away from craigslist cars
4)Try to stay away from cars at moms and pops used car lot.
5)Stay away from cars under 3 years old at moms and pops used car lot.

why?

1) big dealers that sell new cars have reputations that they like to maintain. they get their used cars from trade ins. they are inspected and fully serviced before put on THEIR lot for sale. these cars are good cars and the price reflects that. junk trade ins are sent to auctions because of various reasons the dealer doesnt want to deal with.

2) morons and shady people dont pay $50 to post their cars on these websites. decent pictures and information is provided and good cars can be found here

3) a lot of shady private sellers and used car dealers unload their junk on CL for free.

4) a lot of used cars at moms and pops shop are cars bought from private party, touched up and sold. or they are the same trade ins new car dealers didnt want to sell on their lot and sent to auction. a lot of these cars have something up their ****.

5) i spent some time looking at 09-10's with under 40k and quickly realized that almost all of these are rentals. these cars have a 40k agreement with dealer and must be traded before then and end up at used car lots through auctions. if you want a mint late model car then you want a lease turn over and most of those are 2-3 year old cars that remain at the original dealer after trade in.

im not saying these are factual statements but there is a lot of truth behind it based on my experiences.

what did we buy at the end? a mint 05 solara with 48k traded in at a lexus dealer. fully seviced, new battery, tires, fluids, brakes, free car fax, we paid slightly over Blue book but we got a mint vehicle.

Last edited by QT1 5MT AE; 09-11-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bassman.357
someone buy this man a drink hes right

haha, woman...but yeah...I'm always right.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Got Retrofit?

How do you feel when you wasted an hour driving to check out the car that's supposedly "mint" and "looks brand new" only to find out rosy o'donell took a sh*t in the interior and Thor himself hammered the fenders, hood, and roof?
I pictured Rosy squeezing herself in between the front seats, squatting over the shifter and taking a big messy dump all over it. Yeah, thanks for that.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:11 PM
Got Retrofit?

haha, woman...but yeah...I'm always right.
Pics or ban?
Old 09-11-2011, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
Pics or ban?
lol, seriously? It's on my profile.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:02 PM

This car looks like it just came off the dealers lot, omg WOW nice 4th gen
Old 09-11-2011, 08:21 PM

OP, did he post those pics on CL, or did u take them upon inspection?

I bought my car off of CL. There were pics, and I knew it had small issues going in.
I would say the car was in better condition than I expected going in. You just have to be careful.
Don't look without pics unless its less than a 20 min drive.
If its too good to be true it probably is. "350K runs and looks like new"
I would want pics from all four sides, plus interior and under hood. If I was selling I would post a link to photobucket or something. If a car was over 200 miles away I would demand it for anything less than a parts car.

Last edited by asand1; 09-11-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:52 PM

1) big dealers that sell new cars have reputations that they like to maintain. they get their used cars from trade ins. they are inspected and fully serviced before put on THEIR lot for sale. these cars are good cars and the price reflects that. junk trade ins are sent to auctions because of various reasons the dealer doesnt want to deal with.
This isnt always the case. I have two friends that work for as technicians for dealerships; one is a B Tech for Honda and another an A Tech for Infiniti. I also know someone who just started out as a salesmen for Acura selling the used cars that come in. The dealers have the computers that can erase every bit of info from the computers' history. So the bare minimum is done to these cars and then their computers' history is erased.

but with all the other options for buying used cars, this is probably the best bet though.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by kasso
This isnt always the case. I have two friends that work for as technicians for dealerships; one is a B Tech for Honda and another an A Tech for Infiniti. I also know someone who just started out as a salesmen for Acura selling the used cars that come in. The dealers have the computers that can erase every bit of info from the computers' history. So the bare minimum is done to these cars and then their computers' history is erased.

but with all the other options for buying used cars, this is probably the best bet though.
You're saying they can erased a car's history such as carfax/autocheck?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:08 PM

and everyone knows someone who knows nothing will buy this car thinking its in great condition.

Does anyone think the price is fair?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Got Retrofit?

lol, seriously? It's on my profile.
I was only joking lol
Old 09-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Banned

I pictured Rosy squeezing herself in between the front seats, squatting over the shifter and taking a big messy dump all over it. Yeah, thanks for that.
Pics or ban?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:38 PM

You're saying they can erased a car's history such as carfax/autocheck?
I dont believe in Carfax, because I've had cars that I checked the carfax on, and then when I got into a fender bender, bondo was cracking off the quarter panel... I know in a perfect world Carfax is supposed to protect the buyer, but it doesnt seem to work in places like New York where its all too easy to negotiate something where both parties dont call the cops or go thru insurance.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:47 PM
Gram Lights addict

who cares whats in the computers history? really?
Old 09-11-2011, 10:04 PM

I would like to know exactly what "computer" your referring to..? At my dealership(Nissan) If a trade in isn't going to auction then EVERYTHING that is wrong with is that could potential cause a failure or bring the value of the car down is assessed and repaired.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dark_man_x
I would like to know exactly what "computer" your referring to..? At my dealership(Nissan) If a trade in isn't going to auction then EVERYTHING that is wrong with is that could potential cause a failure or bring the value of the car down is assessed and repaired.
im not exactly sure how they do it...its the same data Progressive snapshot uses to check if you're a "good driver." Anyway, I'm glad your dealership does what they are supposed to do, but NY dealers suck and try to save a buck or two any way they can.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:53 AM

im not exactly sure how they do it...its the same data Progressive snapshot uses to check if you're a "good driver." Anyway, I'm glad your dealership does what they are supposed to do, but NY dealers suck and try to save a buck or two any way they can.
Black Box
Old 09-12-2011, 09:09 AM

Haha i laughed ........... and at all the cookies!!!
Old 09-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well, there are the bad ads, and there's good ones, like how I got my car. The ad wasn't very appealing, but after talking w/the seller, I drove an hour to see it, and it was better than expected. I got a great deal, seller was happy w/negotiated price, win-win.

Just be smart about it when you're buying and selling stuff.

Dr J

Quick Reply: Typical Craigslist scumbag **PICS**