General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

NWP Engineering - Thank you to all my loyal customers!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 07:20 PM
NWP Engineering.com

NWP Engineering - Thank you to all my loyal customers!

I just wanted to say thank you to all my loyal NWP Engineering customers. These past 4 and a half years serving the Maxima community have been absolutely wonderful. It is because of your support that I have been able to design and produce new innovative performance products from scratch. This not only helps make the Maxima more fun to drive, but it also increases the number of Maxima enthusiasts such as yourself. And NWP Engineering has hosted several Maxima Meets over the years with continually increasing numbers. There is no doubt that the Maxima enthusiast community is still growing.

For those that don't know, I am the owner and operator of NWP Engineering, Inc. NWP Engineering is a small company (with few employees) dedicated to furthering the Maxima community by designing hard to find performance products. I, myself, am a true Maxima enthusiast and have always tried to find ways to make my 1992 Nissan Maxima faster and perform better. It is currently the world's quickest naturally aspirated Nissan Maxima in the 1/4 mile. But this has not been easy since there are very few companies out there making performance parts for the Maxima. Almost all of the modifications I've done have had to be custom made either by myself or by other small companies. This is why I started NWP Engineering. I saw a major need in the Maxima world and I have done my best to fulfill it.

All of the products made by NWP Engineering are of the highest quality and made in the USA. We offered the first Thermal Intake Spacer Kits for the Maxima and continue to produce these kits. The designs for the Spacers are purely custom and not a gasket copy or a simple copy of an intake manifold or of another company’s product. All of our designs have involved hundreds of R&D hours. With our very first Thermal Intake Spacer Kit, which was made for the VE30DE 92-94 Maxima SE, over 300 R&D and testing hours were logged. Several different materials were heavily considered and several prototypes were made and tested before choosing the material we use today. I even tested a prototype on my personal Maxima for over 2 years before I decided to scrap the prototype in order to use a higher quality and more durable material. Once the VE30DE Spacer Kit was released, I started on designing the VQ35DE kit for the 02-08 Maxima. With this design, over 200 R&D and testing hours were logged. I have never been the kind of person to release a product that was not fully tested to my perfectionist standards.

Every NWP Engineering Spacer is perfectly matched to the surrounding intake manifolds it mates to. Various aspects from each of the two mating manifolds are used in order to design a cosmetically pleasing Spacer. Once installed, no part of the Spacer will stick out or appear out of place. It will look just like it was originally designed when Nissan first created the engine. This allows for a very clean look. If the design is based off the OEM gasket or only one of the intake manifold surfaces, the Spacer would not be properly matched to the intake ports and/or the outer contours of the manifolds. This custom computer aided design usually takes over 100 hours to perfect and come up with a full working set of CAD drawings. Other than coming up with a design for the Spacers, correct fasteners and other hardware have to be determined to allow the entire kit to install flawlessly. Once the entire kit has been designed, a very detailed set of installation instructions with photos is written in order to make the installation procedure go as smoothly as possible.

Edit: Here is an illustration that explains what I am referring to when I say that various aspects from each of the two mating manifolds are used. This illustration shows what is involved in designing only the Elbow Spacer used in our 02-08 Maxima Spacer Kit. There are two manifolds used to make this unique Spacer design, the Upper Intake Manifold (UIM) and the Elbow. If only one intake manifold was copied, it wouldn't result in the beautiful Elbow Spacer design you see at the bottom of the picture. This design technique was also used in our Upper Intake Manifold Spacer with the same kit. If we simply copied only one manifold, our Spacers would not look anything like what they do.

We also produce VIAS Block Plate Kits for the Maxima. The same R&D steps we take for the Thermal Intake Spacers are also taken with the VIAS Block Plate Kits. Every Block Plate we sell is guaranteed to be machined and fabricated to the tightest of tolerances in order to make sure the plate is perfectly flat and seals well against the intake manifold over years of use. Fully detailed installation instructions with photos are also included in this kit, as well as, properly sized zinc plated bolts and a vacuum cap that makes installation easy.

Also, every piece of every kit we sell goes through a strict inspection phase before it is checked into inventory. I mean every piece, which includes pieces as small as the bolts and washers used in the kits. Even the NWP Engineering die cut decals are inspected before your package is shipped (a free pair is included with every order). You will never receive a defective NWP product due to this inspection process. Believe me, I know how much of a headache it can be to spend your hard earned money on a new toy for your car and when you finally receive it, you find a shipping error or a defective product that has to be returned. And I promise that if something like this ever does occur with NWP Engineering, we will be here M-F 9-5pm EST to take your call or email and make sure your problem is fixed as fast as possible. We strive to ensure you receive the best customer service you have ever experienced.

These entire R&D, testing, inspection, and customer service measures are taken to ensure that you, the customer, are as happy as possible with the product. No corners are ever cut. I promise you will be happy with all our "time tested" products. And since satisfaction is always guaranteed, if you are not happy with one of our products, just let us know and we will accept a return and refund your money including your shipping costs (within US) so that you are not out a single dime. Not many other companies are able to do that.

I will always work hard to continue to keep our loyal NWP Engineering customers because I realize that you are single handily responsible for keeping our doors open for so long. And we plan to be around for several more years to come with your continued support.

Also, I just want to let you know that I have always been actively involved in the Maxima community and I try to read every one of your comments on the forums pertaining to NWP Engineering. I have recently noticed quite a few comments on the forums about how high our products are priced, especially the VIAS Block Plate Kits. I know not everybody feels the same way, but that is why I felt the need to explain how much work goes into designing our products. And I don't feel it is necessary to go in depth about the overhead expenses involved in running a business since every properly run corporation is in the same boat.

But, I just wanted to let the Maxima community know that I have been listening. I understand how tight money can get with the economy the way it is. That is why we have decided to reduce the prices of the VIAS Block Plate Kits with the Basic kit priced at only $19.97 shipped (within US). This is our way of saying "Thanks" to all our loyal NWP supporters and fellow Nissan enthusiasts that make this forum what it is. This is the lowest price we've ever offered on the Basic VIAS Block Plate Kit and it is priced similar to what we offer at our NWP Engineering Maxima Meets or Car Shows. This particular kit has been priced ‘at cost’. We consider this price as more of way to help advertise for NWP and in hopes you will see how great our product quality and customer service are. We hope you will continue to support NWP Engineering and keep us in mind when you would like to perform other modifications to your Maxima such as the Thermal Intake Spacers and the Engine Torque Link Bracing Kit. To see all the products we offer, please visit our website.

This post is not meant to be a sales thread, but is purely meant to extend my gratitude to all the fellow Maxima enthusiasts that have kept our doors open for so long. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Aaron Kimball (Owner/Operator)
NWP Engineering, Inc
[aaron@nwpengineering.com]
www.NWPEngineering.com
252-375-4NWP (4697) (Hours: M-F 9-5pm EST)

P.S. For more information pertaining to this special sale, please see the thread below or visit our website.

http://forums.maxima.org/group-deals...y-26-85-a.html

Update:

Thanks again for your continued support. I just wanted to say that I have been paying close attention to your comments on the forums and I have noticed a repeating concern about the price of our Thermal Intake Spacers. I understand that not everybody can afford our kit priced at $225. I'm sure you know by now that our products are the best that money can buy. But, sometimes you can barely afford our $16.85 VIAS Block Plate Kit or even a tank of gas.

In light of this and our Customer Loyalty letter and promotion, I would like to announce the exciting release of another option for our Thermal Intake Spacers. Our current kit consists of 5 custom designed spacers, a Throttle Body Spacer, an Elbow Spacer, an Upper Intake Manifold Spacer, and two Lower Intake Manifold Spacers, complete with hardware and installation instructions for $225.

Another kit option is now available, which consists of 3 spacers, a Throttle Body Spacer, an Elbow Spacer, and an Upper Intake Manifold Spacer. The two Lower Intake Manifold Spacers are not included. But the kit will still come complete with hardware and installation instructions.

This NWP Engineering 3pc Thermal Intake Spacer Kit will be priced at $175, which is $50 less than our current 5pc kit. Both kits will be made available for you to choose from. And if in the future, you decide to install the two Lower Intake Manifold Spacers, they will be available for purchase separately.

Our full 5pc Thermal Intake Spacer Kit that we sell now has been dyno proven to show a 10hp and 12 ft-lbs of torque gain as well as a 40 degree reduction in intake manifold temperatures. This 3pc kit will not provide the full 10hp increase, but it will still be a noticeable HP increase and reduction in heat soak.

We figure that by having these two options available to our customers, it will allow more people to benefit from our unmatchable products. And we also currently have several more exciting new products in the works. More information will be released in the coming months! Thank you for all your support!

For more information about our new 3pc Thermal Intake Spacer Kit, please see the thread below or visit our website (www.NWPEngineering.com).

http://forums.maxima.org/group-deals...5de-175-a.html

Last edited by Aaron92SE; 04-27-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:23 PM

Thanks for all you do for us Aaron...
Old 05-02-2011, 09:59 PM

No Aaron, we owe YOU a big thank you!

If it weren't for NWP Engineering all the parts you are providing probably won't ever be made for our cars or will be extremely overpriced and sold at places like Ebay and poorly made.

So thank you once again! And I hope you guys will have good business for a long long time.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Administrator

I'm happy to say that I have NWP parts on my Maxima, and love 'em.

Anything in the works for us 4th gens?
Old 05-03-2011, 08:55 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Originally Posted by The Wizard
I'm happy to say that I have NWP parts on my Maxima, and love 'em.

Anything in the works for us 4th gens?
We don't have anything in the works right now. All we have out now for the 4th gen are the Thermal Intake Spacers and the Engine Torque Link Kit. Right now, the project we have on the table is a Thermal Intake Manifold Spacer Kit for the VQ40DE Frontier, Pathfinder, and Xterra. I know it's not a Maxima part, but I just want to let everyone know that I plan on sticking with the Maxima community for as long as I can. So I'll have more stuff in the works for the Maxima in the coming years.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:11 AM

great Aaron, thanks for keeping the maxima community exciting and classy.

I am a firm believer you get what you pay for!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 AM

I have every product NWP offers for the 5.5 Gen and my only disappointment is that they don't make more!

I can't wait to see what they have next in line...
Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 AM

Thank you for the great products especially those spacers.....big help there...real hp gains on my butt dyno.....Thanks again and hope you have something for some more powerfor the Maxima community soon.....
Old 05-05-2011, 04:27 PM

aaron, you're the man
Old 05-06-2011, 06:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Aaron, thank you from the Altima community as well!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:22 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Thank you everyone! Please feel free to post any comments or suggestions you may have.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:50 AM
Turbo 3.5

Wish you sold 350z/g35 parts also
Old 05-06-2011, 11:12 AM

You make some awesome stuff Aaron and are a huge benefit to the Maxima community. Honestly, your spacers are my favorite mod on my car. (and I have most bolt-ons)
Old 05-06-2011, 11:50 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by t6378tp
Wish you sold 350z/g35 parts also
We have some things in the works for that platform right now, but we won't be ready for prototype testing until at least this Winter. So I can't discuss what product is in the works since it's too early in the design phase. Once I have a general idea of what type of performance gain can be made with the prototype, then I will be sure to tell the world.

And as always, NWP Engineering tries to make new innovative products that have never been made before. I'm more interested in helping further the Nissan community instead of competing with other companies by making the same exact product.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:57 PM

I have a quick question, does NWP Engineering deal with re-engineered parts?

There was a company a long time ago called Mileage Matrix who came to my college to ask for funding for a project they were working on. And their main product was the electronic thermostat which was open and closed with electric sensors instead of wax. And their main selling point is that the accuracy of wax deteriorates over time and also that wax cannot open the thermostat precisely like an computer controlled one can. And so because of this precise opening of the thermostat at an exact termp. we can squeeze out some extra MPGs from our cars.

They also made some type of fuel that ran in a gasoline and diesel engine with no modification to either engine and chose random shop cars from the school to fill up with the mystery gas to demonstrate.

Anyways it seems like they weren't able get their funding because they've disappeared since then.

But what I was wondering is do you believe in such a claim? And if its true do you think that perhaps you guys at NWP could make these thermostats and sell to Maxima owners?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Leo_Koneval
I have a quick question, does NWP Engineering deal with re-engineered parts?

There was a company a long time ago called Mileage Matrix who came to my college to ask for funding for a project they were working on. And their main product was the electronic thermostat which was open and closed with electric sensors instead of wax. And their main selling point is that the accuracy of wax deteriorates over time and also that wax cannot open the thermostat precisely like an computer controlled one can. And so because of this precise opening of the thermostat at an exact termp. we can squeeze out some extra MPGs from our cars.

They also made some type of fuel that ran in a gasoline and diesel engine with no modification to either engine and chose random shop cars from the school to fill up with the mystery gas to demonstrate.

Anyways it seems like they weren't able get their funding because they've disappeared since then.

But what I was wondering is do you believe in such a claim? And if its true do you think that perhaps you guys at NWP could make these thermostats and sell to Maxima owners?
I'm not sure what you mean by re-engineered parts. Everything we make is from complete scratch and is something no other company makes for the Maxima.

About the thermostat, I doubt we'll ever get into that. But we are interested in coming up with new products for the Maxima. So anything is possible.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:33 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

I can say Aaron at NWP Engineering is one of the best out there!

Ive known Aaron for years now and he is a great friend! I'm glad to have known him and worked on many projects with him. NWP offers great products for the Maxima community and offers the best customer service out there! All of NWP products are TOP NOTCH! the best quality out there. No hack job work here!

Without knowing Aaron i would not even be messing with this ecu tuning harness stuff! He is a inspiration for me to open my own business in the Maxima community!

So thanks Aaron for being a Maxima supporter for so many years, and being a inspiration to me and others!
Old 05-12-2011, 01:55 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by SurraTT
I can say Aaron at NWP Engineering is one of the best out there!

Ive known Aaron for years now and he is a great friend! I'm glad to have known him and worked on many projects with him. NWP offers great products for the Maxima community and offers the best customer service out there! All of NWP products are TOP NOTCH! the best quality out there. No hack job work here!

Without knowing Aaron i would not even be messing with this ecu tuning harness stuff! He is a inspiration for me to open my own business in the Maxima community!

So thanks Aaron for being a Maxima supporter for so many years, and being a inspiration to me and others!
Thank you Darren.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:18 PM

I'm a recent first time buyer of an NWP torque link, and I'm very impressed with the quality of the product. Can't wait to show it off to my North Florida Maxima crew this Saturday nite!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:22 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by T_Behr904
I'm a recent first time buyer of an NWP torque link, and I'm very impressed with the quality of the product. Can't wait to show it off to my North Florida Maxima crew this Saturday nite!
Thank you. Still enjoying the Engine Torque Link?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:09 AM

I have to agree with the previous posters. Aaron is a great guy and the parts that he designs and sells are EXCELLENT. He has EXCELLENT coustomer service and I have been using his BOP and Spacer Kit on my 3.5 Altima and LOVE them. The work and customer serive exhibited by NWP is next to none. Thanks Aaron and I have to get my Altima by so you can see how the parts and UPREV tuning turned out. Aaron any plans on manifold for the VQ35DE?
Old 05-16-2011, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
Thank you. Still enjoying the Engine Torque Link?
Yep sure am! I got to show it off this past Saturday at our local Maxima meet. I sparked some interest with a few of the guys there. Some already own the block off plates and intake spacers
Old 05-17-2011, 12:29 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Dzaccord
I have to agree with the previous posters. Aaron is a great guy and the parts that he designs and sells are EXCELLENT. He has EXCELLENT coustomer service and I have been using his BOP and Spacer Kit on my 3.5 Altima and LOVE them. The work and customer serive exhibited by NWP is next to none. Thanks Aaron and I have to get my Altima by so you can see how the parts and UPREV tuning turned out. Aaron any plans on manifold for the VQ35DE?
Thank you. Do you mean a custom upper intake manifold for the VQ35DE? I don't have any plans to make one for the Maxima. But it is possible I will tinker with a one-off custom manifold for racing purposes.

Yep sure am! I got to show it off this past Saturday at our local Maxima meet. I sparked some interest with a few of the guys there. Some already own the block off plates and intake spacers
Thank you.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:03 AM

Nice letter.

Dealing with you has always been a positive, helpful experience. And you know how I feel about your parts: spacers, BOB and Torque Link. I'm proud to have these mods from NWP Engineering on my Maxima.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:12 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Rochester
Nice letter.

Dealing with you has always been a positive, helpful experience. And you know how I feel about your parts: spacers, BOB and Torque Link. I'm proud to have these mods from NWP Engineering on my Maxima.
Thank you!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:45 PM
I need a truck

If I was in the market for your parts, I would buy them from you
Old 06-03-2011, 10:54 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Conrad283
If I was in the market for your parts, I would buy them from you
Thank you.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:33 PM
NWP Engineering.com

I'd like to bump this thread. Please feel free to post if you have any comments or suggestions. Thank you.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:15 PM

to N.W.P.!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have no idea what you sell, I have no needs for your current products, but I talked to you on the phone about 2 years ago about sponsorship and you were genuinely great person. Makes me happy when I can talk to the head honcho of a multi-million dollar company, thanks for not hiding! Keep up the good work, whatever it is u do.

Dr J
Old 08-26-2011, 08:01 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by ThurzNite
I have no idea what you sell, I have no needs for your current products, but I talked to you on the phone about 2 years ago about sponsorship and you were genuinely great person. Makes me happy when I can talk to the head honcho of a multi-million dollar company, thanks for not hiding! Keep up the good work, whatever it is u do.

Dr J
Thanks for the kind words Dr J. We sell performance products for Maximas, specifically Thermal Intake Spacers which increase HP.

I wouldn't say I'm a multi-million dollar company though. But I will always offer the best product quality and customer service money can buy as long as NWP Engineering is in business.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Leo_Koneval
No Aaron, we owe YOU a big thank you!

If it weren't for NWP Engineering all the parts you are providing probably won't ever be made for our cars or will be extremely overpriced and sold at places like Ebay and poorly made.

So thank you once again! And I hope you guys will have good business for a long long time.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank YOU Aaron for creating NWP and doing all the work you do to provide us with these products!

I know for my Altima SE-R NWP is the ONLY decal I have on the car, and it is the only one I plan on putting on the car. My first (and so far only, but soon that will change ) mod was the NWP VIAS Block Off Plate. I was lucky enough to get it as a birthday gift so I got the nice one with the raised logo machined on the side, and it's the best looking thing under my hood! It make's the whole car look better!

Keep up the good work and the community will always be here to support you!

EDIT: Oh and HOW could I forget the world class, AMAZING, customer support that you provide to all of the community!! E-mails are answered in full detail with MORE information that I even thought could be gave to me within minutes! Then to top it off I always see you on the forums posting, which is something I personally look for in a company to buy stuff from. Great Products, Great Service, you deserve a good

Last edited by Diablo2424; 09-09-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:51 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally Posted by Diablo2424
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank YOU Aaron for creating NWP and doing all the work you do to provide us with these products!

I know for my Altima SE-R NWP is the ONLY decal I have on the car, and it is the only one I plan on putting on the car. My first (and so far only, but soon that will change ) mod was the NWP VIAS Block Off Plate. I was lucky enough to get it as a birthday gift so I got the nice one with the raised logo machined on the side, and it's the best looking thing under my hood! It make's the whole car look better!

Keep up the good work and the community will always be here to support you!

EDIT: Oh and HOW could I forget the world class, AMAZING, customer support that you provide to all of the community!! E-mails are answered in full detail with MORE information that I even thought could be gave to me within minutes! Then to top it off I always see you on the forums posting, which is something I personally look for in a company to buy stuff from. Great Products, Great Service, you deserve a good
Thank you. It means a lot when customers speak up and give their 2 cents. I try my best to give the best customer service anyone has ever experienced.

NWP Engineering does have a few exciting things in the works. I hope to post more information in the coming months once our prototype testing is fully complete.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:54 PM

NWP Engineering does have a few exciting things in the works. I hope to post more information in the coming months once our prototype testing is fully complete.
Tease.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:22 PM

Your the man Aaron, gotta help out us 4th gener's though!!
Old 09-09-2011, 02:48 PM

Aaron, i'm sure you've heard about Cattman. Hopefully you can get a chance to talk to Brian and see if you can't get something working. Alot of members here on the Org have talked about it.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:53 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Tease.

Originally Posted by xtremepb0
Your the man Aaron, gotta help out us 4th gener's though!!
Thank you. I have designed a couple products for the 4th gen Maxima. The Thermal Intake Spacers work great on the VQ30DE, even with the stock manifold. Dyno proven 8hp increase and 43 degree reduction in manifold temperature. And the Engine Torque Link is out of this world! Most people have no idea what a properly braced engine feels like until they get this product.

4th gen Spacers:
http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...rs.html#VQ30DE
http://forums.maxima.org/group-deals...gineering.html

Engine Torque Link:
http://www.nwpengineering.com/Phenol...tml#TorqueLink
http://forums.maxima.org/group-deals...now-stock.html
Old 09-09-2011, 02:57 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Aaron, i'm sure you've heard about Cattman. Hopefully you can get a chance to talk to Brian and see if you can't get something working. Alot of members here on the Org have talked about it.
Yes, I have talked with Brian. I can't say yes or no right now. But it is something I've been thinking about.

Cattman is a great company with great customer support as well. It's sad to see him go.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:16 PM

Yes, I have talked with Brian. I can't say yes or no right now. But it is something I've been thinking about.
It sure seems like the perfect match-up. Not too many other people could maintain the premium pricing Cattman asks (and gets), and do so with the level of quality and service that it merits.

Just saying. I'll shut up now.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:26 PM
NWP Engineering.com

It sure seems like the perfect match-up. Not too many other people could maintain the premium pricing Cattman asks (and gets), and do so with the level of quality and service that it merits.

Just saying. I'll shut up now.
Thank you.

Not for the "shut up" part, but for the compliment.

Quick Reply: NWP Engineering - Thank you to all my loyal customers!