General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

So I'm back....kinda

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So I'm back....kinda

So I'm back after not owning a maxima for about 2 years...ish. I was always on the forums searchin around and learning as much as I could before. Didn't post much so most of you don't really know who I am but I'd like to share my new purchase! This week I bought a 96 SE fully loaded maxima 5spd. I'm so excited to be back in a maxima, I forgot how refined and comfortable the car was and god! lots of torque!

This thing consist of pretty much every option available for that year (heated seats, leather, sunroof, auto climate control, Bose.) The interior isn't perfect but it isn't terrible at all. I good detail and steam cleaning should take care of 90% of it hopefully. The leather is in pretty good condition. No rips, a little wrinkly, but a good quality leather cleaner should shine it right up! The car spent all of it's life, except for the last 2 months in Minnesota. So it does have a little bit of rust spread throughout the car Anyway, The color is a really dark green that I have NO idea what the name of it is. anyone?

I still have the stock se wheels from my previous maxima that I'm going to throw on there. Also, the guy threw in some goodies including a new OEM clutch, even though the clutch is just fine, a sunroof deflector, and even a stillen front lip!!! Pretty cool.

The worst part of the car is that the AC isn't blowing cold. Pretty sure it's a compressor. So I did get the car for pretty cheap (2200). Thats my first priority is getting that fixed, probably next week. Then comes tint, then a really nice headunit I have laying around since the bose headunit doesn't work very well. (volume **** messes up, I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about)

Then later on (that is if I don't find anything majorly wrong with it) I'll drop it. Can't wait. Then comes exhaust since the stock exhaust is pretty beat up.

I know I know, pic is terrible. Only camera I have right now is my phone. But you guys get the idea. I'll have my sister take some sweet photos next week if she gets a chance. Anyway, please let me know what you think and any suggestions, mechanically, on what I should look into would help a lot.

Thanks

Kevin
Old 06-20-2009, 12:37 AM

Very nice! Congratulations
Old 06-20-2009, 07:14 AM

welcome back, I am sure you will have fun hooking it up
Old 06-20-2009, 07:48 PM
Hooooooonda.....

leather in AZ, ouch. Good luck with that.
Congrats on the purchase...
Old 06-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Silver Tooth S2K 9k FTMFW

damn i remember i really wanted to buy your 99 SEL back in 05-06
Old 06-20-2009, 11:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by 95 maxima se
damn i remember i really wanted to buy your 99 SEL back in 05-06
haha really? I bought it from a former orger. It was already tastfully modded. I didn't really do anything else to it. Man I miss that car!

thanks for the comments guys and yes, leather sucks but it's only 4 months out of the year it sux...
Old 07-12-2009, 06:01 PM

I'm the sister! Love your new car Lemme know when we can get pics. I don't mind.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:51 PM

Congrats on the car and welcome back, i went without a maxima for 4 years before i just picked mine up last week. I miss my old 01' SE but its easy to forget with the new max in the garage.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Silver Tooth S2K 9k FTMFW

Originally Posted by maximilia
haha really? I bought it from a former orger. It was already tastfully modded. I didn't really do anything else to it. Man I miss that car!

thanks for the comments guys and yes, leather sucks but it's only 4 months out of the year it sux...
yea, i even call u about it, if i do remember you had it on autotrader
Old 07-12-2009, 08:00 PM

nice. hope everything works out good
Old 07-12-2009, 08:57 PM

o.0 so many possibilities
Old 07-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Good for you. Welcome back.