General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

This is how we do things in the NE ... vids

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 06:16 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: This is how we do things in the NE ... vids

i was just waiting.. i am suprised it took that long..

Originally posted by medicsonic

Your thoughts have been taken into consideration, and ignored.
Old 11-20-2001, 06:17 AM

Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by SprintMax
no that was all NA power ... my nitrous isn't working correctly.. i have the wrong fuel jet

Yes doing this may be wrong but you live life once so it never hurts to try. If you die, you die doing something you liked and not in agony. Nothing personal.
Old 11-20-2001, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Question

wrong quote doodoo head.. and get on AIM

Originally posted by Synki

Yes doing this may be wrong but you live life once so it never hurts to try. If you die, you die doing something you liked and not in agony. Nothing personal.
Old 11-20-2001, 06:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Crazy boy racers!

Dont hurt anyone else with that ****

God Bless America
98 5spd
Best SC Performance
13.6 @102mph, 2.1-60'

2001 Ford Windstar
200hp & 240ftlb @ The Crank
Future Mods... Winnie The Poo Sun Shade
Old 11-20-2001, 06:53 AM
Administrator

make shift sigs eh?
Originally posted by MardiGrasMax
Crazy boy racers!

Dont hurt anyone else with that ****

God Bless America
98 5spd
Best SC Performance
13.6 @102mph, 2.1-60'

2001 Ford Windstar
Old 11-20-2001, 07:12 AM

OK, that was just sad there MardiGras. A sig in the post.
Old 11-20-2001, 07:18 AM

That was hot sh*t peoplez..no doubt, representin' the NE. I'm in NYC too maybe I'll join you guys sometime (wanna have some suspension mods first ). But I had one question, isn't there a risk of cops poppin up and then everyone would go down the drain? Or do you guyz use radar detectors/police scannerz etc? just wondering..
Old 11-20-2001, 07:24 AM

Re: Re: Re: Question

Just remember that everyone else only lives once as well, the life you take may not be your own.
Old 11-20-2001, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by for sHo
That was hot sh*t peoplez..no doubt, representin' the NE. I'm in NYC too maybe I'll join you guys sometime (wanna have some suspension mods first ). But I had one question, isn't there a risk of cops poppin up and then everyone would go down the drain? Or do you guyz use radar detectors/police scannerz etc? just wondering..
we had nothing
Old 11-20-2001, 07:36 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

hmmm nice vid
reminiscent of just about every caravan
Old 11-20-2001, 07:41 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

I watched that about 10 times now...
Old 11-20-2001, 07:41 AM

DivX 4.1 and Windows Media Player 7.1 don't mix well.

Try uninstalling DivX 4.1 and reinstalling DivX 3.11

Or you could do like medic suggests and try Windows Media Player 8.0

Originally posted by thebigsadler
ive tried everything...

windows media player 7.1
divix 4.1
quicktime
real player

NONE of them will play the file.. real player played with sound only
Old 11-20-2001, 07:42 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by VeeTec

Just remember that everyone else only lives once as well, the life you take may not be your own.
I didn't see anything wrong with their driving, they are the only ones taking a risk. If someone would be stupid enough to pull-up in front of them they deserve to die. I do this king of driving all the time, I think twice a stay away from other cars because stupid people on the road think they can go in the fast lane and do 50 mph. Remeber that driving fast is not a risk it's other drivers. Why do they have less accidents in Germany where there is no speed limit on the road and everyone drives at 120 mph or more. The reason is, it takes them three months to get a licence, no dump idiots is allowed to drive on the auto-bahn. For the makers of this vid. good job, I wish I lived in your area, I would deffinetly join u. That stuff is too fun! Just be carful for those f***ing pigs. They may put an end to your fun! Just a suggestion, we do this with my friend when one of us wants to test out his car. Have one drive a minute or two in front and update you on the COP situation, than you know it's safe to top out in your car. The last time I took the Maxima to 145 my buddy was in front make sure there is no COPS.
Old 11-20-2001, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question

you were defending my actions.. but i DISAGREE with EVERYTHING you had to say.. how old are you? if you don't mind me asking?
Originally posted by max7

I didn't see anything wrong with their driving, they are the only ones taking a risk. If someone would be stupid enough to pull-up in front of them they deserve to die. I do this king of driving all the time, I think twice a stay away from other cars because stupid people on the road think they can go in the fast lane and do 50 mph. Remeber that driving fast is not a risk it's other drivers. Why do they have less accidents in Germany where there is no speed limit on the road and everyone drives at 120 mph or more. The reason is, it takes them three months to get a licence, no dump idiots is allowed to drive on the auto-bahn. For the makers of this vid. good job, I wish I lived in your area, I would deffinetly join u. That stuff is too fun! Just be carful for those f***ing pigs. They may put an end to your fun! Just a suggestion, we do this with my friend when one of us wants to test out his car. Have one drive a minute or two in front and update you on the COP situation, than you know it's safe to top out in your car. The last time I took the Maxima to 145 my buddy was in front make sure there is no COPS.
Old 11-20-2001, 07:54 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

are you on crack? you have to be what...15 or 16?
Old 11-20-2001, 07:58 AM

As much as I "allegedly" drive fast, what they did was wrong and it also risks other ppl's lives.. A few of the camera car's lane changes were close to hittin' the car in front of them, so don't get it twisted, Max7.

PPL in Germany have less accidents, yes; and they take a more rigorous driving test but none of the participants in this video have taken those tests. BTW when accidents on the Bahn happen there are easily more than 10 cars involved. Also, there are plenty of speed limits in Germany as well as photo radar.

Though I still drive fast (allegedly), I do realize that anything that happens is my fault.

Old 11-20-2001, 08:04 AM

Well at least his idea of having a friend a couple of minutes ahead to make sure no is around has some potential, even though the friend would have to be going about 145 mph to make sure he stays ahead of his already-flying buddies (possibly constantly make use of NOS or just get a supercharger). And if he does see a cop and informs his buddies behind him, he'd still be sacrificing everything he has to save his friendz' as*es.

Old 11-20-2001, 08:04 AM

Nothing wrong huh, weaving in and out of traffic at triple digit speeds. There were several close calls, including one where the camera car barely makes a lane change as he runs up on a slower car, note the "OH SHI*" comment.

Not too mention all of the passing on the right that was going on. Can you read the minds of the other drivers on the freeway, they may swerve when they see someone coming up on them fast, in the same direction of your lane change.

I wouldn't say the slower cars in the fast lane were being stupid, how did they know ppl are going to be racing at triple digit speeds. And how do you know how fast they are going, there is no way you can possibly tell running well over 100 m.p.h.

I know that driving slow in the fast lane is a bad thing, but weaving around traffic and racing at triple digit speeds is 50 times worse. I lived and drove in Germany for two years. People there DO NOT drive like this. On the Autobahn the lanes are much wider, and people pass on the left only. Most stay to the right after passing unless they are passing traffic continuously.

Weaving in and out of traffic on much narrower freeways is insane.

I never witnessed that kind of driving in Germany. I don't see how you can even compare this to driving on the autobahn.

All it takes is one little mistake or move to cause a horrific accident.

There are so many variables driving on the public highways, there is no way to have any certainty what lies ahead, or what the other drivers reactions will be.
Old 11-20-2001, 08:29 AM

You are wrong.

May the pain you will cause others give the ones you leave behind the gift of hind sight.

Old 11-20-2001, 08:30 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Question

wrong quote doodoo head.. and get on AIM

Its firewalled.
Old 11-20-2001, 08:34 AM

so who was spraying?
Old 11-20-2001, 08:39 AM

Well I didnt want it to be "Medicronic Approved" anyways, I'm a bad man!!!

OK, that was just sad there MardiGras. A sig in the post.
God Bless America
98 5spd
Best SC Performance
13.6 @102mph, 2.1-60'

2001 Ford Windstar
Old 11-20-2001, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by ny96max
so who was spraying?
no one
Old 11-20-2001, 08:48 AM

Sprint you had to be spraying, Hogan kept saying it.
Old 11-20-2001, 09:39 AM

Wow

You guys have big COJONES!

At what time was this?

No signs of the Man ?
Old 11-20-2001, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Sprint you had to be spraying, Hogan kept saying it.
yes.. Phatguy is convinced
Old 11-20-2001, 09:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

can't find windows media player 8 for download.. and at www.divx-digest.com when i downloaded 3.11 from the mirror sites i didnt get any install or setup files.. ghey.. help?
Old 11-20-2001, 10:06 AM
PhatGuy

yes.. Phatguy is convinced
I am only going by what Hogan said in the video. You guys love the NOS so unless you didn't have the bottle in your cars anywhere it wouldn't suprise me if some of you hit the NOS a few times.

Old 11-20-2001, 10:07 AM

Re: Wow

Originally posted by NJ95gxe
You guys have big COJONES!

At what time was this?

No signs of the Man ?
Whats up Alfredo?!

This was around roughly 12. You can see the time on teh video. I think it was like 12:15 or so.

There were no cops, we only ran into 1 cop. That was when Medic & Toylet were doing a pull and blew by a cop @ 80+. THe cop sat there and finally pulled out. He ended up doing a U-turn.

I thought it was funny that a moped got pulled over but people racing didnt.
Old 11-20-2001, 10:11 AM

Re: Re: Wow

I thought it was funny that a moped got pulled over but people racing didnt.
Maybe he thought it was just a bunch of grannys in their maximas rushing to get to the bingo hall.
Old 11-20-2001, 10:26 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

If someone would be stupid enough to pull-up in front of them they deserve to die.
you are an idiot....I feel sorry for your mother!
Old 11-20-2001, 10:30 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by Chris91SE

are you on crack? you have to be what...15 or 16?
Thats what im saying.
Old 11-20-2001, 10:38 AM
Administrator

the way my current setup is.. NOS makes my car slower than it is NA.. ask medic..

Originally posted by PhatGuy

I am only going by what Hogan said in the video. You guys love the NOS so unless you didn't have the bottle in your cars anywhere it wouldn't suprise me if some of you hit the NOS a few times.
Old 11-20-2001, 10:41 AM
PhatGuy

the way my current setup is.. NOS makes my car slower than it is NA.. ask medic..

I know I know you told me a few times already.
And Medic's car is slower on NOS too? He is going to destroy everyone this friday if he sprays. Hopefully he fills the bottle, tunes the car and shows up?

Old 11-20-2001, 10:42 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Question

Originally posted by DA-MAX

you are an idiot....I feel sorry for your mother!
You must know me very well to be making this type of remark! By the way my folks are very proud of me b/c of my achievements in school and work! Plus you can't take everything serious, do you really think I meant someone to die?
Old 11-20-2001, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Medic doesn't have NOS installed in his car anymore...

I know I know you told me a few times already.
And Medic's car is slower on NOS too? He is going to destroy everyone this friday if he sprays. Hopefully he fills the bottle, tunes the car and shows up?
Old 11-20-2001, 10:43 AM
PhatGuy

Medic doesn't have NOS installed in his car anymore...

So you and Yo are going to clean up?

Old 11-20-2001, 10:44 AM
Administrator

I don't think Hogan has NOS ither.. i think i am the only NOS car out there..

Phil says he might showup if he does.. he will be too fast for video

So you and Yo are going to clean up?
Old 11-20-2001, 10:45 AM

No body sprayed NOS. BTW, you are not suppose to spray in your top gear (OD gear).
Old 11-20-2001, 10:48 AM
Administrator

No body sprayed NOS. BTW, you are not suppose to spray in your top gear (OD gear).
eff dat

Quick Reply: This is how we do things in the NE ... vids