General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

warantee on the KYB AGX???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2001, 04:17 PM

warantee on the KYB AGX???

hey guys, I know the Koni has lifetime warantee, what about KYB AGX? what kind of warantee does it have, because if the shocks go in 2 years and there is no warantee, what are you going to do??? I'm thinking of getting the KYB's that's why I'm asking

Konstantin

thanks for any help
Old 11-09-2001, 05:48 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: warantee on the KYB AGX???

You just got your Koni last summer, why do you need new shocks?
Old 11-09-2001, 06:08 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

KYB AGX, Just got em yesterday. Lifetime Warranty to the original owner.
Old 11-09-2001, 06:15 AM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
KYB AGX, Just got em yesterday. Lifetime Warranty to the original owner.
thats good to know. i got my agx and i didn't even check for the warranty.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:22 AM

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. : )~ that will be good since I might auto-x muahahaha.
Old 11-09-2001, 09:34 AM

wooooouuuuu! this is craziness, i just installed my b+g and kyb agx's. five hours not including the breaks i took.
Well finally i m done with complete tied suspension. My car just sits during turns. Feels weird sometimes, but i'll get used to it. All i can say is get the agx's, set it to 2/4 and get ready to bring curves (on road only )and high speed together. warranty on agx's is life time as long as you do not lower the car more than 1.5".
Old 11-09-2001, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by DhaMax
wooooouuuuu! this is craziness, i just installed my b+g and kyb agx's. five hours not including the breaks i took.
Well finally i m done with complete tied suspension. My car just sits during turns. Feels weird sometimes, but i'll get used to it. All i can say is get the agx's, set it to 2/4 and get ready to bring curves (on road only )and high speed together. warranty on agx's is life time as long as you do not lower the car more than 1.5".
How much firmer is your ride? do you feel more bumps now compared to stock?
Old 11-09-2001, 11:16 AM
Banned

:. warranty on agx's is life time as long as you do not lower the car more than 1.5".

D'oh that sucks, I guess I dont have a warranty then.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:19 AM

how would they find out if you had your car lowered more than 1.5 inches?
Old 11-09-2001, 11:25 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Vinipux
how would they find out if you had your car lowered more than 1.5 inches?
they can probably tell by looking at it. Lowering more that 1.5 would put to much stress on the struts and make them fail....just a guess
Old 11-09-2001, 11:28 AM

Originally posted by matt calder

they can probably tell by looking at it. Lowering more that 1.5 would put to much stress on the struts and make them fail....just a guess
REALLY??? you're telling me that a smooth 2.5 inch drop will have more stress than a bumpy 1.5 inch drop??? I don't think so
Old 11-09-2001, 11:32 AM

REALLY??? you're telling me that a smooth 2.5 inch drop will have more stress than a bumpy 1.5 inch drop??? I don't think so
What are you talking about? The lower your car sits the more stress you put on shocks. It doesn't matter if you ride is smooth or bumpy.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:35 AM

Originally posted by AndyXXL

What are you talking about? The lower your car sits the more stress you put on shocks. It doesn't matter if you ride is smooth or bumpy.
HELLO, what would give you more stress, me putting a 10 lbs weight on your stomach when you're laying down, or dopping that 10 lbs at 20 mph on your stomach????? come on andrey, you should know who you're talking too
Old 11-09-2001, 11:43 AM

HELLO, what would give you more stress, me putting a 10 lbs weight on your stomach when you're laying down, or dopping that 10 lbs at 20 mph on your stomach????? come on andrey, you should know who you're talking too
WHO?!?! That's a focking weak reply "know who u talk to" like you're the **** and I don't know what the fock I'm talking about. Go **** youself man, and don't talk to me like that!!!!
Old 11-09-2001, 11:51 AM

whoahhhhhh chillllll guys!!!!! I just have the safe, comfy drop with the H&R's, so I'm not worried. They are good springs too; really feel nice even with the suspension trying to bounce. I believe that the greater the drop, the more stress you put directly on the shocks/struts.
Old 11-09-2001, 11:54 AM
Banned

Alright, think about it. The car comes with factory speck struts, They ride alllllllllllooooooootttttttt better at the stock ride height than lowered 2.5 inches. Same goes for the KYB's, if you put to much stress on them, when you hit a bump and compress the strut, it cant compensate for the amount of stress. Therefor it can possibly malfunction, snap in half etc. This is why people who have the old cattman coilovers keep on breaking their back struts. They have it to low and putting to much stress on it.

Andy:
Old 11-09-2001, 12:04 PM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

The shorter the suspension travel is (DROP) the more SPRING FORCE is needed in order to keep the car's suspension from bottoming out. To achieve less travel, the spring need to put more force out. Sport springs are stronger then OE springs and do put more force out that a shock needs to be able to dampen and control.

Example, OE suspension - you hit a dip, the spring can compress perhaps 2 - 3 inches, then rebound nice and smooth. Nice and easy for the struts/shocks.

Sport springs - you hit that same dip, the spring need to put more force out in order for you NOT to compress the spring 2 - 3 inches, teh sport spring only lets you compress 1.5 inches. This greater force pushes hard to resist the compression but also pushes up MUCH harder then OE springs. I believe the upward force is called JOUNCE? Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. So the shocks/struts need to be able to control the excess force sport springs put out.

Any performance shop will confirm that sport springs put out more force then OE equipment. Otherwise our cars would ride exactly the same with shorter/sport springs as they do on OE springs. And we all know thats not true at all.
Old 11-09-2001, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by njmaxseltd
The shorter the suspension travel is (DROP) the more SPRING FORCE is needed in order to keep the car's suspension from bottoming out. To achieve less travel, the spring need to put more force out. Sport springs are stronger then OE springs and do put more force out that a shock needs to be able to dampen and control.

Example, OE suspension - you hit a dip, the spring can compress perhaps 2 - 3 inches, then rebound nice and smooth. Nice and easy for the struts/shocks.

Sport springs - you hit that same dip, the spring need to put more force out in order for you NOT to compress the spring 2 - 3 inches, teh sport spring only lets you compress 1.5 inches. This greater force pushes hard to resist the compression but also pushes up MUCH harder then OE springs. I believe the upward force is called JOUNCE? Someone correct me if I'm wrong here. So the shocks/struts need to be able to control the excess force sport springs put out.
I believe the term is REBOUND but I have heard jounce used before also. You're right though you need stronger struts (IN GENERAL) to compensate for stronger spring rates.

Any performance shop will confirm that sport springs put out more force then OE equipment. Otherwise our cars would ride exactly the same with shorter/sport springs as they do on OE springs. And we all know thats not true at all.
If you have shorter springs with the identical spring rate as stock, you run the risk of compressing too far on a bump and hitting the bumpstops...so you may NOT ride the same, in fact it may be quite dangerous under the right (or wrong!) circumstances....My $.02 worth.
Old 11-09-2001, 12:47 PM

What do you have your backs set on? I have 3/4 in the front and 6/8 in the back... talk about stiff....