General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

MAN!!! Just got pulled over..........

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2001, 09:26 AM

Okay, lets all hate on Tintdamax. Doods, whatever. I am still going to stand by my beliefs no matter what you people say. The only thing that will change my opinion are the police, and based on what I have seen, thats never going to happen. You think the police are always going to be there to help you? What if you arent white? That is the scary truth about the world. I hope that the police will give me a reason to change my mind.
Old 10-24-2001, 10:26 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

just my opinion again....being that I am a black male, grew up in inner city DC, and dealt with racist cops majority of my tennage life.....I underatand you frustration 100% and being harrased or profiled is inexcusible and can easily spur the type of anger you feel!! but you gotta realize thats not ALL cops!! and when you generalize all cops as "bad", you're just as bad as them when they stop "us" every time cause "the car we are driving doesn't fit our descripition" or some BS like that....its just a cycle, you stereotype me, so I stereotype you and no one comes out the better! like I said before, I don't generalize and say all cops are bad cause I never know when I might need the help of a "good cop" whos gonna want to try his best to help me cause he/she knows that I respect the job that he does day in and day out and vice versa how he/she respects me for being a law abiding citizen!

but yes, when you are harrassed countless times it does tend to change your views about people...I just hope you don't see being stopped for red neons and dark tint as harrassment, its just the law plain and simple.....
Old 10-24-2001, 10:56 AM

Originally posted by DA-MAX
just my opinion again....being that I am a black male, grew up in inner city DC, and dealt with racist cops majority of my tennage life.....I underatand you frustration 100% and being harrased or profiled is inexcusible and can easily spur the type of anger you feel!! but you gotta realize thats not ALL cops!! and when you generalize all cops as "bad", you're just as bad as them when they stop "us" every time cause "the car we are driving doesn't fit our descripition" or some BS like that....its just a cycle, you stereotype me, so I stereotype you and no one comes out the better! like I said before, I don't generalize and say all cops are bad cause I never know when I might need the help of a "good cop" whos gonna want to try his best to help me cause he/she knows that I respect the job that he does day in and day out and vice versa how he/she respects me for being a law abiding citizen!

but yes, when you are harrassed countless times it does tend to change your views about people...I just hope you don't see being stopped for red neons and dark tint as harrassment, its just the law plain and simple.....
Good point. Im not black though. Accoridng to the police i look like a mexican who robbed a McDonalds. It wasnt fun when we had to get out the the car, crawl backwards on our knees, and get handcuffed, all the while having about 10 police cars and 6 or 7 guys with shotguns and handguns pointed at my face. Not a fun experience at all.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:33 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by TintDaMax

Good point. Im not black though. Accoridng to the police i look like a mexican who robbed a McDonalds. It wasnt fun when we had to get out the the car, crawl backwards on our knees, and get handcuffed, all the while having about 10 police cars and 6 or 7 guys with shotguns and handguns pointed at my face. Not a fun experience at all.

And to think, if your car had just been legal in the first place, none of that would have happened.

Don't complain if you get pulled for breaking the law, any law.

Apparently, you looked like a wanted criminal, as soon as they figured out you were clean, off you go...no harm, no foul.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:41 AM
Maxima owner since 2000

speaking of cops... it's all about when your gf plays cops and robber with you in bed... hahaha
Old 10-24-2001, 11:43 AM
is invisible

Originally posted by MaxDriver98
Sorry to hear that. Cops are *******s.
"Cops" died in the WTC...are they *******s?
Old 10-24-2001, 11:46 AM
is invisible

My friend is a cop.

I've lost respect for cops in my area because I live in an area where there is a sharp curve and there is an accident frequently. Last month a guy hit the railing and was ejected from his car. Police come and they spot him and walk away and check out his car instead. Nobody assisted him at all. If that was me I would sure love to have cops trying to help me instead of walking around.
You're friends with an *******?

Was teh guy dead?
Did you just stand there too?
Old 10-24-2001, 11:54 AM
is invisible

Originally posted by medicsonic
Tell you what, move to Pakastan,
Where's that?
Old 10-24-2001, 01:19 PM

LOL!!

To cop haters: Cops enforce laws that the ppl we voted for make. To cop lovers: Cops don't really save lives since they mostly react to crime not prevent it(90% of the time). The crime has already been commited. More cops don't equal less crime.

You broke the law with them crazy lights, true, he didn't have to give you a ticket but f' it he did.. There are plenty of ppl who get pulled over for absolutely nothing, me being one of them, and to that I say F' cops but I can't be mad because he caught me doing over 100mph in the middle of the night with noone else around. Yea he could let me go but F' it he didn't.
Old 10-24-2001, 01:24 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by mzmtg
Apparently, you looked like a wanted criminal, as soon as they figured out you were clean, off you go...no harm, no foul.
yes, but unfortunately....its not always becasue of mistaken identity....you can never be too sure now a days!
Old 10-24-2001, 03:52 PM

I was in my friends car at the time. It was a family mini-van with no mods. There were 4 of us in the car and the back windows were tinted. The cop later admitted that he couldnt see the two other guys in the back. Earlier there was a report of a roberry at McDonalds by 4 mexicans. They got away on foot. This cop decided that we fit the description of the robbers. We dont look like f*cking mexicans and he could only see 2 of the 4 of us. But I guess that was enough to stop us and point guns at our heads. You would think that after we were arrested that we would be let go. Not the case. They brought the manager of the McDonalds to ID us. FOr all 4 of us, it was a negative ID. You would think that would be enough to let us go, but no. We were taken to the station and interogated. My friends car was inpounded and stripped down to look for drugs. THey did not put back the dash and stuff that they took off. That plus they charged impound fees. They also did not find drugs. You people are right, i did do something wrong to warrant this. next time I wont look so much like a mexican. This is why i still say f*ck the police.

Cops died in the WTC, what the f*ck kind of argument is that? What is that trying to prove?
Old 10-24-2001, 06:54 PM
pjalst

Some of you people are just plain ignorant,... I dont understand how some cops could possibly be proud of their jobs... If this is the only way the police can make money,...Sorry for venting, but some pigs smell like f*cking bacon.
I think the only smart thing you said in this post is that "Some of you people are just plain ignorant", you being one of them. Who is the first person you're gonna call when you need help? In society there are good people and bad. Police are a part of society, so there are going to be some good and bad cops. Cops should be held to a higher standard, but this is not a perfect world.
Police don't make money from writing tickets. that money goes to the town, county, and state. Police don't make laws. The local politicians you voted for(if you vote) make these laws.

P.S. RedMax, You cant get a ticket for not using you blinkers when no one is around. If you get a ticket, then someone was around

Old 10-24-2001, 09:23 PM

well i meant you and a popo, my friend got a tiket like that once...
Old 10-24-2001, 09:51 PM

try getting a fix it ticket for having red bulbs..
Old 10-24-2001, 10:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well I gotta go with the COP on this one, RED and BLUE are reserved colors for COPS and LAW ENFORCEMENT, I mean there is no way you cant expect to get a ticket......

I mean you would have gotten a nice $500 ticket plus possible jail time if you had it stobing, like those people that have the neons with their music.

Dixit
Old 10-24-2001, 11:29 PM

Okay, lets all hate on Tintdamax. Doods, whatever. I am still going to stand by my beliefs no matter what you people say. The only thing that will change my opinion are the police, and based on what I have seen, thats never going to happen. You think the police are always going to be there to help you? What if you arent white? That is the scary truth about the world. I hope that the police will give me a reason to change my mind.
i still love you
Old 10-24-2001, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by CoolMax

You're friends with an *******?

Was teh guy dead?
Did you just stand there too?
No the guy was not dead. He was rolling around and moving and I was standing right next to him and my mom was yelling at the cops to come help him. When the ambulance came it's not like the movies where they rush to help the victim. They took their time getting out of the ambulance. Scary.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:37 PM

No the guy was not dead. He was rolling around and moving and I was standing right next to him and my mom was yelling at the cops to come help him. When the ambulance came it's not like the movies where they rush to help the victim. They took their time getting out of the ambulance. Scary.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:50 PM

Yes I like to lie about stuff like this. Your an idiot.
Old 10-25-2001, 12:07 AM

Yes I like to lie about stuff like this. Your an idiot.
no need for name calling
Old 10-25-2001, 12:19 AM

ok... you were not there so why comment on it? Ever been in a serious car accident? You have any experience with cops and accidents? atty:
Old 10-25-2001, 02:53 AM

they're not all bad

haha that's a line from the Sopranos.

The way I look at it is how the cop treated you, not whether or not he gave you a ticket. If the cop was professional, he's doing he's job. If he's sticking you as if with a knife and twisting it, then he's a *****.

We can't all expect things to be like Philly. I saw an article in the paper saying there are many cars here unregistered and uninsured, moving about the city. When they get pulled over, they just say they lost their license and registration. Then the cop let's them on their way and writes a summons, only the name and address are bogus.

Enforcement says they are powerless because of the mayor. His philosophy is that if we took away the ability for these unregistered and uninsured vehicle owners to drive on public roads, they wouldn't be able to get to work. Is that messsed up or what? Some things here are very bizarre. I can't get over that in Philadelphia county they get a computerized reggie sticker to put in the back windshield because too many people are cutting stickers off of other people's license plates to avoid having to renew their own. When did New York go to computerized stickers, in 1985 or something? And PA is "piloting" it in 2000.
Old 10-25-2001, 09:14 AM
is invisible

We dont look like f*cking mexicans and he could only see 2 of the 4 of us.next time I wont look so much like a mexican. This is why i still say f*ck the police.

Cops died in the WTC, what the f*ck kind of argument is that? What is that trying to prove?
Yea, ****ing mexicans!

You said that cops are *******s...cops died in the WTC...are they *******s?
Old 10-25-2001, 10:45 AM

Originally posted by BlkStnValyMaxima

The next time a cop saves your life or someone else's or get's killed in the line of duty protecting your's and your neighbors life, I'm sure you won't be calling them *******s. They are just doing their job, leave them alone.

BTW...this is Off Topic.
Ok they protect and save lives when they tailgate people on the interstate, within 2 inches of the cars bumpers, or passing people in the turning lanes like they did to me three days ago when the right lane was clear. BTW he was going about 60 or 70 into 45 when he did this too. you call that saving or protecting lives? WTF ever. COPS ARE A$$HOLES plain and simple, I think in my lifetime I have met two cops who were deticated to protect and serve
Old 10-25-2001, 11:09 AM

ok so i have a question, could i have an underbody kit say if it was yellow or green? or is the whole thing just illegal?
Old 10-25-2001, 11:34 AM

Im going to agree with the person who said its the bad cops that give good cops a bad name....

Ive been racially profiled...A freaking officer gave me a ticket which should've gone to a Chevy Astro Van that was next to me (speeding) which also ran a redlight...meanwhile I was slowing down for the yellow and the dumbass pulls me over giving me a ticket which I should not have recieved....he didnt even let me speak...the minute he walked up to my window he said "your getting a ticket for this and that"

In court the officer suspicously let off all people who were white in one way or another saying he had lost the summons or even saying he didnt remember anything about the incident?!(independent recollection)...it was so obvious what he was doing you would've had to have been a vegatable not to realize it...so he met his Quota and let off who he wanted to let off..riiiight....and what do i have to show for it....4 points and an increased insurance premium??? for doing what??? being a minority

Nonetheless how do some of you expect us to appreciate what police do for the community when, to some extent, we need protection FROM the police??
Old 10-25-2001, 11:42 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

There's enough flame in here for July 4th bbq.
Neon, strobes and LED lights are illegal on civilian vehicles, there are plenty of reasons to justify these legislations. Most if not all have been stated on this thread if you look pass all the spam.

Whiner will whine and haters will continue to hate.

This thread is slowing the org. Thank you, drive thru.
Old 10-25-2001, 11:47 AM

Originally posted by 97MaxGurl

There's enough flame in here for July 4th bbq.
Neon, strobes and LED lights are illegal on civilian vehicles, there are plenty of reasons to justify these legislations. Most if not all have been stated on this thread if you look pass all the spam.

Whiner will whine and haters will continue to hate.

This thread is slowing the org. Thank you, drive thru.
{APPLAUSE}

I can't believe this thread is still here... waste of bandwidth...
Old 10-25-2001, 12:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I'm locking this thread. It's run it's course.

And even though I may be too late to stop the flames and police-bashing, at least people got to vent a little.