General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Why nissan can treat us like crap!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:50 AM

Why nissan can treat us like crap!!

Bare with me fellow org-ers! The reason most people buy Nissan is because of what they offer for the price range compared to there competitors, for example the reason most people brought an '00-01 maxima was because of the horse power over Toyota and camery plus the look and interior qualities right? Same for the '02-'03 for our horse power, interior style, and the biggest of all the high intensity discharged headlamps. Now at the time when the '02-'03 maxima came out how many popular, midsize, available 6spd, 255horses, non luxury cars, came equipped like that???? None, Same as the Altima with its push button start. Even the base model comes with it, now how many cars under $21,000 comes with that feature standard? The toyota Avalon has push button start but guess what you have to get the top model in order to get that. So what Nissan does they give the people who don't want to spend $40,000-$60,000 on a car just to get those features. So they make them available on the there line up of cars.
Nissan knows this and they know that one feature may sale the car because no other competitors has the ***** to offer it on there cars for under 30 grand. Which is better for us Nissan lovers!

Buy Why is it that we have the worst service? Why is it we have to fight to get something done under a recall or warranty? Why cant we have a free loaner car with our service? Why are gas prices so high?
The answer Nissan gives us what we want and they know people are not just going to go back to a plan old toyota or honda with less features so this is why I believe they can treat there customers like crap, maybe I'm taking this a little overboard but what do you org members think???? They give us the things we want but we have to fight to keep it
Old 08-29-2007, 08:36 AM

I totally agree and never really noticed all of the premium features we are able to get with a lower price-tag. Wow. In my case, I never had a problem with getting stuff done under my warranty, which, thankfully was not that often at all. That's the thing with these cars, you either get the best car you've ever driven, best reliability, comfort, the whole nine yards.... or you get a lemon. But, your completely right in saying that we're likely to stick with Nissan products, I know I will be!

You live in Randolph, I'm in Hillsborough... I go to Flemington Nissan on 202, they have never let me down. That's where I bought it, and that's where I'll always go. But my 99 SE with almost 120k miles on it, still runs like gold.
Old 08-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

How about, buy a used car with extended warranty? Nissan depreciates like crazy, so you'll find a crazy good deal. Tack on an extended warranty for couple $100/mo that includes rental and you're set.

Jae
Old 08-29-2007, 02:25 PM

Definitely Jae,
That's what I did and I couldn't be happier, I actually would rather buy a used car over a new one. If I bought a new car, every time I'm away from it for 5 minutes, I would give it a serious inspection for scratches and all that fun stuff. I'd lose my mind if my new car got messed up. When I bought my max, it already had some little scratches on it so it doesn't tear me up so bad when theres a new one. Which, living in a state full of snobs/morons, my doors get hit a lot.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:45 PM

Same thing with Customer service. I wasn't happy at all with my salesman, but I bought the car, because it was exactly what I wanted. I bought it hoping to never have to deal with my salesman again or service.....
I too, believe they have a tight corner on the market.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:29 PM
dot dot dot ...

Stop 'ing and buy another car.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:40 PM
Newbie just Registered

There's a reason for the nickname stealership. I don't expect loaner cars from Nissan for scheduled service, I knew that going in. It's not a premium brand. My sister's 01 G20, stickered $5k LESS than my 2k Max (Bose, leather, 17's, Meridian, etc), came w/ a free loaner during warranty period. But Infiniti is a premium brand. But for lengthy warranty work, I think Nissan will pay for a rental. I know my dealer will give a loaner for work that takes longer than 2 or 3 days.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Droppin logs

I <3 Nissan.
Old 08-29-2007, 08:28 PM
STFU n00b!

they continue to do it because they continue to gain market share.

people buy more and more nissans every year, so they continue to hand out crap service.

stop buying new cars and they will start treating their existing customers better.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:58 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Looking back on my experience with my 6th Gen Maxima I can say my experience with the product has been good. I've had some bad experiences with several dealerships in different states and only 1 good experience at a dealership. Overall, the salesman are uninformed or just plain liars and the finance people are no better.

The product just doesn't match the customer service. I think this will be my last Nissan though; time to upgrade to luxury performance which will mean an Infiniti M45 Sport or BMW 535i. No Lexus, no Acura for me. yuck!
Old 08-29-2007, 10:03 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
time to upgrade to luxury performance which will mean an Infiniti M45 Sport or BMW 535i. No Lexus, no Acura for me. yuck!
Before or after your turbo project?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:11 PM
aka The Doom Ship

What turbo project? LOL

I had a guy go out and try to find a manifold(which I knew wasn't happenin'), or find someone who could make one who was local and give me a price. The dude tried to find out but I haven't heard back from him.

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Before or after your turbo project?
Old 08-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Way out West

If you want a Nissan with good service departments and a free loaner, you need to get one with this badge:

Honestly, everything just depends on the dealership you have. I had good luck with a couple of dealerships and bad luck with others. My local dealership has high costs, but I am very happy with the service department. The parts department guys don't know jack, though. At least about my 3rd gen. That's just how it goes.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Look at the price point on the cars, you aren't exactly buying a high end car. You get good bang for the buck, you sacrifice service. Want better service, buy a Toyota, sacrifice performance (but also gain reliability -and they typically cost more... and hold their value better).
Old 08-30-2007, 08:48 PM

This kinda brings up an interesting thought I have had. Since I have swapped in a bunch of Infiniti stuff, could I possibly use the Infiniti dealer for service?

On second thought, probably not. On third thought, Nissan probably doesn't want to touch my maxima either!

F'em anyway. They overcharge on parts and service (basically on out of warranty cars) to pay for the warranty work on in warranty cars. Buy from Nissan, get Nissan dealer service and you are supporting the repairs of newer cars.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:50 PM
dot dot dot ...

I find it strange you actually thought of service from anyone other than yourself. You did just complete a full A33B swap
Old 08-30-2007, 08:55 PM

what does gas prices have to do with it?? am i missing something?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:44 PM

You win some you loose some

I have seen this happen with my parents '02 grand am back when they had it leased. It broke down many times, had electrical issues all over the place and every time the dealer had it for warranty work my parents were given a rental car, no exceptions, now we all know GM is crap, thats why they try to hold on to the customer with their customer sevice program.

The comment about nissans being best bang for the buck and sacrificing service is right on. I remember when my parents were deciding between the camry and the altima back in 2006. I was there for the test drives and the sales talk, the nissan sales guy was almost rude, its like we HAD to rip the car out of his hands in order to buy it, at toyota on the other hand, we were pampered, 3 camrys were brought out and shown off to us, different colours that my mom wanted and different options like with sunroof and without it like my dad wanted, they literraly bent over for us.

needless to say, we got 2 camry's now, my mom has the 06 4cyl and my dad just upgraded to the 07 v6 (up from the electrically broken pontiac)

I think this is just the way these dealers operate, i dont know if this is the same in the US or even at different dealers here in canada, but it was in my experience.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:30 AM

^ huh i dont get that