General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

What is the ricey-est thing you have ever seen?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:30 PM

What is the ricey-est thing you have ever seen?

I have seen ricers before, all the time actually. But today I was driving to work, and I have to drive by a high-school, and the kids were coming into school. I'm listening to some SRV and just relaxing, with a cup of coffee and getting myself ready for a day of work. Anyway, I'm sitting at the light and all of a sudden, I hear this, this noise, I dont know what it sounded like, but it was probably the worst ricer muffler (if he even had one) that has ever molested my eardrums.
I look over, and I start dying laughing. I'm crying, I'm laughing so hard. Normally, I would've been pissed, because he had this jury-rigged side exhaust that belching blue smoke which was going directly on my nice, clean car. But this was amazing. He had the wing, but it looked like a propeller prop on two supports off the trunk, painted black. Had the usual body kit, unpainted of course, with bondo in some areas and rust-holes making gaps between the kit and the body. In side, there was a guy and a girl, and they both saw me laughing. The chick was hot, no way she was in highschool. But the guy rolled down his window, said "hey, you got a problem?" Trying to compose myself, I said "no, your car sure does though", then he says "hey man, this VTEC will walk all over your V6 turbo (he obviously didnt know what kind of car this was)" I start laughing again, the light turns green, flashes me the devil horns or whatever it's called and screamed "VTEC!!!" as he dumps the clutch and speeds off.
That's not the end of it. I continue driving, wiping the tears out of my eyes, and I see him down the road with hazards on, hood open, and smoke pouring out of this car. I slow down as I roll by, flash the horns, scream "VTEC, YEAH!!!" and blew a little kiss to his lady friend, who smiled, which the guy was not to happy about. Sorry for the length of this, but I just had to share this experience.

edit: the car was a red (well origionally) mid-ninetys something civic two-door
Old 05-30-2007, 02:54 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Old 05-30-2007, 03:09 PM
VIP Maxima

General Maxima Discussion

This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:14 PM
2002 maxima se

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
nothing could be ricey-est than this.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:18 PM

I've seen a mid 90's Accord, nice rims nice drop and a Cummins Turbo Diesel badge on the back.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:26 PM

Ppl who think there sh*t dont stink, there parents get them what they want, that the ricy~est thing i seen
Old 05-30-2007, 03:33 PM

I was cracking up at the first post.

Are you sure the guy didn't intentionally rice it up just to imitate the stupidity of other ricers? Flashing the devil horns and screaming VTEC makes me think he was joking.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by jaguax

Are you sure the guy didn't intentionally rice it up just to imitate the stupidity of other ricers? Flashing the devil horns and screaming VTEC makes me think he was joking.
HAHAHA DEVIL HORNS ~!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 03:40 PM

"I'm gonna go with "This thread sucks" for a $1000 Alex."
Old 05-30-2007, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by jaguax

You know, I thought he could've been, but he was really pissed I was looking at his car and laughing. Plus, him dumping the clutch and speeding away seemed like a pissy move. Let's just say I hope he was kidding, but, I dont think so. Maybe I caught him between putting the kit on and getting it painted, who knows. But for me, I at least make sure my car runs good before it looks good, which he obviously didnt care about. "VTEC!!!!"
Old 05-30-2007, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Blackwind
"I'm gonna go with "This thread sucks" for a $1000 Alex."

DAILY DOUBLE !
Old 05-30-2007, 03:45 PM

hahaha that ***** funny. whats so sad about it i dont think he's joking. its people that actually think that way because they know no better.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Professor`
DAILY DOUBLE !
do-dodo-dodo-do-da-do-do-do!! VIDEO DAILY DOUBLE!!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:50 PM

do-dodo-dodo-do-da-do-do-do!! VIDEO DAILY DOUBLE!!
And the category is "As*holes"

Bet the farm! I'll bet you win by default!
Old 05-30-2007, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by bwinter7
And the category is "As*holes"

Bet the farm! I'll bet you win by default!
"OHHH! Im sorry you must put your gay responses in the form of a question."

Old 05-30-2007, 04:01 PM

"OHHH! Im sorry you must put your gay responses in the form of a question."

lol I bet you dont like this thread because you own a ricer, or really like them. Sorry if you dont like it, I was just trying to tell a funny story, not compete with your 'coolness'. Excuse me
Old 05-30-2007, 04:10 PM

lol I bet you dont like this thread because you own a ricer, or really like them. Sorry if you dont like it, I was just trying to tell a funny story, not compete with your 'coolness'. Excuse me
yes i do own a ricer, its made by sunbeam and it cooks 8 cups at a time. and as for this thread it is a and it has nothing to do with maximas. would you like to continue?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:14 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Bwinter..settle down son..
Old 05-30-2007, 04:16 PM

You have a point, but my point was this was something funny I saw, and I wanted to share. Where was I supposed to post this? This story happened to me while I was in my maxima, and he made a comment about my maxima, and I am affirming that VQ owners are a little more classier with their choice of styling and the fact we take pride in ownership of our vehicles. Tell you what, If a mod tells me to take it down, I will.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:23 PM

...I am affirming that VQ owners are a little more classier with their choice of styling and the fact we take pride in ownership of our vehicles..
this is why ricers hate us. bwinter7 we good?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:27 PM

this is why ricers hate us. bwinter7 we good?
Man, no hard feelings yo I dont care if you drive a nice honda, there are some very nice, fast ones out there. I'll give respect to anyone with a nice ride who takes pride in it. I dont care if it's a 92 olds cutlass supreme. I dont like ricers, and you cant tell me there isnt a difference between the two.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:30 PM

yes i do own a ricer, its made by sunbeam and it cooks 8 cups at a time. and as for this thread it is a and it has nothing to do with maximas. would you like to continue?
I LOLED SO HARD
Old 05-30-2007, 05:05 PM

Man, no hard feelings yo I dont care if you drive a nice honda, there are some very nice, fast ones out there. I'll give respect to anyone with a nice ride who takes pride in it. I dont care if it's a 92 olds cutlass supreme. I dont like ricers, and you cant tell me there isnt a difference between the two.
you must be kidding! i never have and never will drive a honda. IN ANY FORM! i have 2 98 se maximas. why? cause im greedy!! read the sig.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Sexier Than Simpson

I have a ricer but its for potatoes...
Old 05-30-2007, 05:30 PM

you must be kidding! i never have and never will drive a honda. IN ANY FORM! i have 2 98 se maximas. why? cause im greedy!! read the sig.

There was supposed to be a period between the "...man" and "yo..." I didnt mean to imply you had a honda lol
Old 05-30-2007, 06:08 PM

There was supposed to be a period between the "...man" and "yo..." I didnt mean to imply you had a honda lol
im still in college, i aint covered grammer yet.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:22 PM
SHIFT_In2D

Hahaha great story VQ powah!
Old 05-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hmmm I would go with modified Maximas. I mean come on modifying a granny mobile grocery getter WTF????
Old 05-30-2007, 09:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

OP: what school? well at least what town, i saw your in albany i'm in clifton park & wanna see this car lol

anyway, I had a buddy I used to work with that did this with his friends, on purpose ricer project. They had decent cars, I forgot what exactly but one of 'em had a 97 neon as a beater...they actually took time to make a cardboard body kit and fasten it to the car with duct tape..completly took the muffler off and split the exhaust out AND UP the sides of the car.... made a spoiler with 2x4's and some MDF spraypainted black...bought a rediculous amount of VTEC and honda stickers and put them all over the car...
hmm what else I think they put 3 wal mart spinners on the wheels and drove with the donut spare on the other wheel, i was absolutely cracking up while he told me this.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by 97MaximaSE97
Hmmm I would go with modified Maximas. I mean come on modifying a granny mobile grocery getter WTF????
yeah like a lincon town car with a wing i see driving around, gay plastic spinner caps on every neon and caviler out there, contact paper gfx, i mean wtf are these ppl thinking, i seen a corsica with what looked like a home made body kit, white out stuff used for racing strips, A WALL SWITCH FOR THE FAN for the heater/ac. man some ppl are so ghetto.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by carsarecool
OP: what school? well at least what town, i saw your in albany i'm in clifton park & wanna see this car lol

anyway, I had a buddy I used to work with that did this with his friends, on purpose ricer project. They had decent cars, I forgot what exactly but one of 'em had a 97 neon as a beater...they actually took time to make a cardboard body kit and fasten it to the car with duct tape..completly took the muffler off and split the exhaust out AND UP the sides of the car.... made a spoiler with 2x4's and some MDF spraypainted black...bought a rediculous amount of VTEC and honda stickers and put them all over the car...
hmm what else I think they put 3 wal mart spinners on the wheels and drove with the donut spare on the other wheel, i was absolutely cracking up while he told me this.
That's awsome.... exhaust out and up the sides, hilarious. Cardboard body kit w/ duct tape. "If you can duct it, f*ck it!"

I was around Niskayuna HS, right near knolls APL and GE R&D center off of balltown road. If you see him, and can actually control your laughter enough to take a picture, please do, because I sure couldn't....
Old 06-08-2007, 06:16 PM

4 ft. tall wing bolted onto a dodge ram.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:58 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Once I saw a 90s style mustang with the factory double wing with the "ricer erector set wing" on top of those. Another is the "Amnesty Seekers" to be polictically correct they had a neon with the fake dual exhaust pieces coming out the sides of the rear doors, wish I had a pic.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:58 PM
SHIFT_In2D

Not the riciest thing I've seen but...ricey none the less.

Cracked fiberglass all around...

Old 06-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Bad *** Newb

I wish I had a pic. I was goin to Fitz's restaurant when I got an eye full of the most atrocious car you can imagine. I have no idea what model it was even supposed to be! It had the stock spoiler with the big "erector set" (hehe) wing on top of that. It had 4 different wheels (one was a doughnut). Unpainted body kit, different colored parts and no clear coat to be found. And to top it off, it had Injen and other decals on it. By far the biggest heap I've ever seen.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:51 AM

Miata with a very poor (VERY poor) Z3 body kit and a BMW roundel glued to the steering wheel.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:22 AM

Old 06-09-2007, 05:03 AM
is invisible

this thread is pretty ricey...
Old 06-09-2007, 08:57 AM

Hahah yes the rice maxima is back! I was actually just about to ask anyone if they still had pictures. Thanks jxkim.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:06 PM
retired moderator

I love it when I have interesting dreams like that...

Quick Reply: What is the ricey-est thing you have ever seen?