General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Stupid Gas Attendants!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 08:45 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Stupid Gas Attendants!

Stupid gas attendants, I got 3 chips above my gas lid because of their incompetence!!!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 09:12 PM

that is why I love having self serve gas stations
Old 06-23-2006, 09:16 PM

I don't care what the law is, I will no longer let ANY gas attendant touch my car, luckily the chips are small and barely noticeable they are still there on my expensive *** paint job.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:08 PM
Droppin logs

Here in Oregon we're at the mercy of the pump jockey's as well...
Old 06-23-2006, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by D-Bo
Here in Oregon we're at the mercy of the pump jockey's as well...
i work in oregon and for the past two years i've made sure to NEVER be below a quarter tank there...nothing will ever make me get gas in oregon again...

when i had my max i had the JWT ecu, so premium fuel was a MUST (i ran it before the ecu anyways) and i told the stupid kid, fill it with premium...i didn't watch him put the handle in, but i watched him take it out and it was REGULAR! i walked right into the chevron, bought someof their techron additive BS and babied it home, let it idle for four hours, and put a few gallons of premium in...it was still low on power for the next few tanks :/
Old 06-24-2006, 03:25 AM
Jedi Knight

Originally Posted by HarrisH
I don't care what the law is, I will no longer let ANY gas attendant touch my car, luckily the chips are small and barely noticeable they are still there on my expensive *** paint job.
guess you won't be buying gas in Jersey anymore ...there's a reason they have them...lower insurance = (slightly) lower prices...
Old 06-24-2006, 04:20 AM

Yes, it's annoying. On my new car I have zero dings so far. Part of that is due to the fact that I drive my Maxima more and let it take any beating. I actually backed into some logs my dad had put right at the edge of his driveway--scratched up the back bumper. Thank goodness it wasn't with the new car. But some of these things I think we have to let go. I wouldn't go so far as doing self-serve in NJ when the law is full-serve, just to avoid tiny scratches around the filler door. If one lets such a small matter bother them that much, my goodness, I think it would be hard to get through a day in the life....my .02.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:29 PM

I've been filling up in Jersey for 10 years and never had any gas attendant damage my car, if you can't manage to stick the nozel in the hole and then do that in reverse order when it clicks off, their is no hope
Old 06-24-2006, 01:52 PM
Z

I went to a BP one time where it was full service fill-up, I gave him 20 and said 93...and the guy reached for the 89 and thank God I was outside of my car to stop him. I ALWAYS stay right next to them as they fill up and hawk them if I have to. But, 99.9% of the time the stations I go to are self serve.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:14 PM

what happens if you go to a full service station and demand to pump it yourself?
Old 06-24-2006, 05:30 PM

you guys have full service attendant? wow. That's a rarity for me to see especially where I am at
Old 06-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Jedi Knight

Originally Posted by rteenie22
what happens if you go to a full service station and demand to pump it yourself?
They should and likely will deny you service as its against the law...they can be fined and risk losing insurance should "something" happen
Old 06-24-2006, 08:22 PM

I work in NJ and pump my own gas all the time at any station, no problems from the attendants so far..
Old 06-24-2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by STARR
if you can't manage to stick the nozel in the hole and then do that in reverse order when it clicks off, their is no hope

At least we wont have to worry about them having little gas station attendants...if you catch my drift
Old 06-24-2006, 11:12 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

well, i prefer not having to get out of the car....i dread pumping my own gas. I can put in a new engine, but i always seem to have trouble pumping gas. I always look when theyre pressing the number to make sure they put 93...one time the guy pressed 87 and i yelled before a drop got in the tank. One of my buddies filled up on 87 when he said premium cause he wasn't looking. Just be alert, and your car will be fine.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by tavarish
well, i prefer not having to get out of the car....i dread pumping my own gas. I can put in a new engine, but i always seem to have trouble pumping gas. I always look when theyre pressing the number to make sure they put 93...one time the guy pressed 87 and i yelled before a drop got in the tank. One of my buddies filled up on 87 when he said premium cause he wasn't looking. Just be alert, and your car will be fine.
I would think the opposite would happen more often--driver asks for regular and attendant pumps premium. Just watch the film with Bruce Willis and Kim Bassinger, the guy insisted that Willis' 300ZX needed premium. Writers must have been from this forum.

You make it sound like the attendant wants to slip you 87 when you're not looking. Ummm...it costs less and pumping premium is pure profit to the gas station. So he pumps 87, just put 93 next time. The car only benefits up to 91 anyway.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Frank Fontaine
... So he pumps 87, just put 93 next time. The car only benefits up to 91 anyway.
That is not an option sometimes. Here in Florida we have 93 as premium, as do other states. I pump gas myself, the smell of that premium clears my sinuses
Old 06-25-2006, 08:46 PM
brotherhood of tq

3 paint chips? looks like some one needs some trim
Old 06-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Droppin logs

I would think the opposite would happen more often--driver asks for regular and attendant pumps premium. Just watch the film with Bruce Willis and Kim Bassinger, the guy insisted that Willis' 300ZX needed premium. Writers must have been from this forum.

You make it sound like the attendant wants to slip you 87 when you're not looking. Ummm...it costs less and pumping premium is pure profit to the gas station. So he pumps 87, just put 93 next time. The car only benefits up to 91 anyway.

Minimum wage teens used to pumping 87 will do it out of habit. I always have to pay close attention
Old 06-26-2006, 07:45 AM
fwd gone rwd cr00

usually the attendant's on his cell phone anyway, so i have to yell to make sure he pumps the right gas.

and 93 is the premium over here. I put 92 in my car once, cause it was all that was available, and it kind of irked me.
Old 07-16-2006, 06:55 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

im in jersey but i never let anyone pump gas into my car thats not me, me or myself. if they are not scratching it they are pulling the pump out too fast spilling fuel on my paint and half the idiots cant speak fluent english so i start yelling bibbity bibbity bibbity at the a$$holes and leave i cant stand most attendants......
Old 07-17-2006, 01:56 AM

I have never seen a full service gas station, but I am only 19, I have much to see haha, over here in az our premium is 91 octane. I have never put a drop of anything less in either of my maxima's
Old 07-17-2006, 08:09 AM

Let me tell you my experience at a gas station too.

So I was at the gas station a few weeks ago. I pulled in and the gas attendant asked me how much I wanted, so I told him $20 super. It's all I had in my pocket. I was on my way to the bankto get some $$$. The moron goes and decides to put $30. I didn't noticed until he came over to me and said "$30" I was like "what?"

I told him that I had only asked for $20 and he said he had forgot so he put $30 in. So I told him, "well too bad because I'm not going to pay for something I didn't ask for." I told him if he wants to get his manager then go right ahead, but I was not going to pay $30 when I had asked for $20.

So he said fine just give me the $20. Gave him the money and told him to have a good day.

The reason why I refused to pay the xtra $10 was because when I had my previous car I took it to this gas station to get some work done and the guy raped me.

The gas station ate $10, but it still does not compare to the $400 they robbed me.

Wasn't going to let that happen again.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:24 AM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by tavarish
usually the attendant's on his cell phone anyway, so i have to yell to make sure he pumps the right gas.
oh the ironing
all our pumps are plastered with:
"DANGER use a cell when pumping AND YOU WILL DIE!"

I'd be more concerned with them over filling the tank.
Frank, actually Premium is little to no profit. I've seen the billing sheets and the $ is made with regular. also, if you ask for 93 and receive 87, don't you think the attendant could pocket the difference? now THAT is pure profit. though i would hope all require a receipt when paying for full service.

Self Serve PA FTMFW. though last summer there were murmurs of full serve.
Originally Posted by kronos
The gas station ate $10, but it still does not compare to the $400 they robbed me.
um so why do you still go there giving them more $$ instead of another station?
Old 07-17-2006, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
um so why do you still go there giving them more $$ instead of another station?
They have the cheapest gas in town. $3.19 for premium. (Citgo)

Most gas stations in town are $3.47-.49 for premium.
Old 07-17-2006, 10:01 AM

Minimum wage + huffing gas fumes = paint chips
Old 07-17-2006, 04:17 PM

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a gas station that pumps your gas for you. I guess Las Vegas is a poor city compared to places in Jersey?
Old 07-17-2006, 04:33 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

my dad pumps his own because his vette has the filler in the middle of the rear deck...
Old 07-18-2006, 03:35 PM
Nightmare = Reality

we were on a trip through oregon and my dad nearly got tackled by the attendant when he got out to pump it. i think that was the first time i saw a full-service pump and the only time my dad or i didnt pump our own. lol
Old 07-19-2006, 08:08 AM
♠♠♠♠♠

It's a dumb law created because the oil industry lobbied the government.. they can charge more for full-serve gas you know.. the gas attendent dude is there anyway.. might as well make him pump your gas and charge more for it.
Old 07-19-2006, 09:23 AM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

what i dont get is why they all insist on putting the gas cap on my ****ING PAINT when there is a gas cap HOLDER on the lid!!!! retards
Old 07-19-2006, 11:57 AM
"and falling like a rock"

God in Kentucky you are lucky to see Jags fill up with the good stuff.

Do you guys have to tip the bloody attendant??
Old 07-19-2006, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by 89blackse
God in Kentucky you are lucky to see Jags fill up with the good stuff.

Do you guys have to tip the bloody attendant??
My coworker does. He hands the attendant a $5 bill with his credit card. The odd thing is he doesn't usually fill it up either. He's an interesting person, I guess he came from poverty and made it all the way up the ranks. Real positive guy, and in reality $5 is not a lot to him.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:55 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

My coworker does. He hands the attendant a $5 bill with his credit card. The odd thing is he doesn't usually fill it up either. He's an interesting person, I guess he came from poverty and made it all the way up the ranks. Real positive guy, and in reality $5 is not a lot to him.
i need a PT job where he gets his gas
Old 07-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Droppin logs

Originally Posted by scubasteve
i need a PT job where he gets his gas
Seriously. When I pumped gas as a teen tips were few and far between and I was in a very busy area of East Portland. Usually if they asked to have the oil checked/added or needed help at the air/water dispenser you might get lucky.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:56 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

i got a $10 tip for the first attendent who doesnt set my gas cap on my paint.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Droppin logs

Originally Posted by scubasteve
i got a $10 tip for the first attendent who doesnt set my gas cap on my paint.
Funny, in my case it's usually put in the door and if not on the pump. I can't recall seeing any dipsh!t put it on my paint.
Old 07-19-2006, 07:53 PM
OHHH YEA SCISSOR!!!!

since i bought this thing they havent used the door holder ONCE until i said something. They flop it right on my damn trunk. Today this kid went to set it down and i stopped him and pointed out the holder. He basically tried to tell me gas doesnt hurt the paint, and actually tried to tell me it adds shine

I told him kid i aint trying to be a **** but your a moron, dont put it on my paint lol
Old 07-20-2006, 06:22 AM
Way out West

I think at about 95 percent of the gas stations in Oregon, they don't charge any more for gas because of the attendants wages. They ALL have some side business (mini-mart, selling cigarettes, etc) that go along with the gas station. Oregon and NJ don't have the most expensive gas in the country. In fact, right now Oregon's average is lower than Washington's which is self serve.

I am not a huge fan of full service. I have to admit, I would like to have a choice. Previously, I had a cardlock account (CFN) where I could pump my own gas in Oregon, but that is some kind of commercial account.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:41 AM

never been to a self serve station? Why are these required in some states? Are they just trying to create a few more jobs or what?

Quick Reply: Stupid Gas Attendants!