General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

DrFuelMax review and real life test! Amazing results.

Old 08-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

DrFuelMax review and real life test! Amazing results.

Going to North Carolina without DrFuelMax
602 Miles -- 93 Octane gas used 31.8 Gallons

Coming back from North Carolina with DrFuelMax installed:
598 Miles -- 93 Octane gas used 21.2 Gallons

As you can see it is almost 30% fuel economy. I can tell you guys if we didnt hit stop-and-go traffic for about 2 hours we would probably have made it on one tank.

Few other things I have noticed. The engine works a lot more quiet. For example at the cruising speed of 70 Mph and RPMs abot 2200 I didn't hear the engine at all.

Accelerator response imroved as well. I used to have a little lag as I step hard on gas. The delay is gone now.

All in all this is an amazig product and IMHO worth every penny. Especially for us driving 1200 miles every other week.

DrFuelMax can be found here. Make sure you read FAQ.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Way out West

$300?

yikes. That's a lot for a little fuel tank tampon.

maybe when I could pick one up for like $25, I will buy it. If it works so well, I am surprised car manufacturers don't use them to improve CAFE standards.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I read the entire site, including the FAQs. So this product is a catalyst that breaks down the hydrocarbon mixture in the gasoline into lighter molecules. "This allows maximized combustion ratios, increased pedal response (acceleration/deceleration), reduction in braking distance, cooler oil temperatures..." Reduction in braking distance?!
Old 08-14-2006, 12:25 AM

Is this thing another Turbonator etc. Anyone else here ver use one?
Old 08-14-2006, 03:08 AM

I doubt it. I am one of the first people to get it on the US market. But I know some people from my club that are bought it as well I'll make sure they post their results.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:07 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

I smell a rat......
Old 08-14-2006, 06:47 AM

I call bull, doesnt sound reasonable to me...
Old 08-14-2006, 06:57 AM
♠♠♠♠♠

would be amazing if it worked.. maybe someone with some knowledge of chemicals and whatnot could read over the "how-it-works" section and see if it makes sense..
Old 08-14-2006, 07:05 AM
Bring it B*tch!

Location: Queenz, nYc CarClub: NYCMAXIMAS.ORG Website: www.ChinoX.net
If anyone here has questions or concerns, check out the already existing thread on NYCMaximas:

http://forums.nycmaximas.org/showthread.php?t=14295
Old 08-14-2006, 07:53 AM

i posted on BITOG we'll see what they say

I dont know though, i dont see how this can do this, and why its not used in cars already
Old 08-14-2006, 01:05 PM

they just brought it to US from japan. they already require their commercial fleet to use drfuelmax in their vehicles.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:12 PM

Whats their return policy, also id reccomend reffering that guy over to bobistheoilguy.com, if his product works it will sell a ton over there, if not, his house will be burned down
Old 08-14-2006, 02:46 PM

According to the nycmxima forums, the 10 people on the GD list, of which you were number 4, are still waiting to recieve their DrFeulMax... some were asking when it would ship and recieved an answer saying when everyone has paid. So how come your post insinuates that you already have it and have tested it out?

Don't take offense at my question, I just want to know if this is real or a nice scam with a bunch of people in on it, agreeing to try it out and being amazing by teh great results, etc.

Originally Posted by mroleg
Going to North Carolina without DrFuelMax
602 Miles -- 93 Octane gas used 31.8 Gallons

Coming back from North Carolina with DrFuelMax installed:
598 Miles -- 93 Octane gas used 21.2 Gallons

As you can see it is almost 30% fuel economy. I can tell you guys if we didnt hit stop-and-go traffic for about 2 hours we would probably have made it on one tank.

Few other things I have noticed. The engine works a lot more quiet. For example at the cruising speed of 70 Mph and RPMs abot 2200 I didn't hear the engine at all.

Accelerator response imroved as well. I used to have a little lag as I step hard on gas. The delay is gone now.

All in all this is an amazig product and IMHO worth every penny. Especially for us driving 1200 miles every other week.

DrFuelMax can be found here. Make sure you read FAQ.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:58 PM

To All Viewers New to Dr. Fuelmax,

Please allow me to introduce myself; my name is Kudo Masazumi, and I am the president of Double Kei Enterprises and manufacturer of Dr. Fuelmax. Double Kei Enterprises Inc. was initialyy launched in Japan with the purpose of maximizing fuel while remaining cost effective to consumers, enhance the capability and performance of a motor vehicle, and all this while remaing perfectly kind to the environment. Many of you may wonder what our product has to do with our environment, but I must tell you that it has everything to do with it.

In many parts of the world, global warming has become a serious problem that needed to be addressed. Japan was one of many countries that took the step foward to tackle this problem, with a particular global proposal known as the "Kyoto Accord." This policy however, was approved by all of the United Nations except for the United States. Our country was actually the only nation to steer clear from this proposal.

So without the United States, Japan, with the help of countries such as England and Australia, worked arduously to find possible remedies to reverse this greenhouse effect. Everything from the way garbage was incinerated to the approach we took to heat our homes, power our businesses, factories, automobiles had to be re-evaluated. Our catalyst is the result of the technology that was developed to address the issues of emissions in particular caused by motor vehicles, that is discharged daily into our air, contributing a large part in destroying our ozone layer.

It's hard to believe that our country was the only nation to refuse a policy of such magnitude. "Or is it?" Naturally, A nation that makes over half of it's annual profits through the sales and distribution of fossil fuels, would definitely want to steer clear from any proposal that may suggest something ludicrous as to finding alternative means of fuels ( such as hydrogen, electricity, solar energy ), or even suggesting research to find a way to increase efficiency of existing fossil fuels, so that CO discharges into the air could be minimized, which would basically translate into loss of profit for the U.S. oil industries.

"How is this so?" you may ask. many catalysts like Dr. Fuelmax, has been developed by many countries in accordance with the "Kyoto Accord" with the purpose to maximize fuel expenditure safely, while remaining kind to the environment. Our catalyst in particular, on average yields an average of 20%~30% gain in mpg in a motor vehicle. Now to answer this question, let's do a little calculating, shall we?

Let us suppose that an average car takes about 17 gallons of gas, priced at $3.00, refuels 4 times a month ( once a week ), in the course of 12 months of a year. Now let us be modest and say that 20% gain in mpg was made possible through the use of Dr. Fuelmax. This is how it would look:

( 17 gallons of gas ) x ( 4 times a month ) x ( 3.00 cost of gas ) x ( 12 months of year ) = ( $2448.00 Annual cost of gas ) x ( .2 twenty percent ) = ( $489.60 amount annual save )

Maximizing the efficiency of fuel also means that you will save money. Figure that the average American has about 2.0 vehicles per household. If every household had one of these catalysts in their cars, how much do you think that the oil companies would lose in profit? This is just automotive fuel catalysts that I am referring to. What if we had one in everything that is powered by fossil fuel. It would be like a kick in the nuts for the oil industries.

Our catalyst in particular is so powerful and effective, that it is currently incorporated as a part municipal state legislature of the city of "Kamakura," Japan ( since 2001 ), that states that every utility vehicle owned by the city must contain one of our catalysts and bear a yellow sticker of approval or else it will not qualify to be driven within the city. "Kamakura" was once the former headquarters of the former tent government of Japan known as the "Shogunate," and is considered a city of national preserve. Dr. Fuelmax is an integral piece in the efforts to accomplish this. Since then we have extended our catalyst to various parts of Southeast Asia including China, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan and the list goes on. In most parts of the world, these technologies are not new, and have been here for quite some time now.

The near perfect fuel burning efficiency ( 99.86% ) also facilitates for the increases of overall hp of a vehicle by 8%~18% ( depending on vehicle type, model, and induction capacity / modifications etc. ), allows for the engine to run at substantially cooler temperatures, prolongs intervals between oil changes, improves acceleration / deceleration pedal response, removes long time accumulated carbon deposits and algae thus restoring your vehicle, and much much more ( for further detail, please visit www.drfuelmax.com ).

Believe it or not, fact is fact. We have been around for quite some time now, and our testing results say it all. The majority of our testing was conducted with the help of the Toyota research and development center of Japan, so you can be assured that you are not looking at some BS chart. We are also nothing like the turbonator, and in the least, a "rat." We have devoted years of stringent research, conducted both in controlled and real-time environments. Each and every one of our claims our backed with profound proof ( most places does not offer proof ). Double Kei Enterprises Inc. is not pushing anyone to believe or buy. It is entirely up to the consumer whether he / she believes what is being said or not. However, we have been around for quite some time now, and we most certainly will continue to do so.

I will be available from now on to answer any questions on this topic should anyone have any. For those who are new to this topic, please visit <www.nycmaximas.org> or <www.drfuelmax.com> for further detailed information. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Masazumi Kudo

President-Double Kei Enterprises Inc.

Manufacturer of Dr. Fuelmax
Old 08-14-2006, 03:09 PM

How do you do? Please if you will, allow for me to answer your question. I have arranged a group deal with ten individuals, and one of them was surely Mr. Oleg. I have arranged with Mr. Oleg to perform a stress test with our catalyst after hearing of how meticulous he was when it comes to gas mileage. He had agreed to drive to North Carolina and back and to give me a full report as to the effects of the catalyst.

Sincerely,

Masazumi Kudo

Manufacturer of Dr. Fuelmax

Originally Posted by Mad_A
According to the nycmxima forums, the 10 people on the GD list, of which you were number 4, are still waiting to recieve their DrFeulMax... some were asking when it would ship and recieved an answer saying when everyone has paid. So how come your post insinuates that you already have it and have tested it out?

Don't take offense at my question, I just want to know if this is real or a nice scam with a bunch of people in on it, agreeing to try it out and being amazing by teh great results, etc.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:13 PM
† ErV †

i will keep my tornado if you don't mind. it gives me an additional 8-12 mpg.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Bring it B*tch!

Location: Queenz, nYc CarClub: NYCMAXIMAS.ORG Website: www.ChinoX.net
Originally Posted by Mad_A
...Don't take offense at my question, I just want to know if this is real or a nice scam with a bunch of people in on it, agreeing to try it out and being amazing by teh great results, etc....
Wow, that would be some hell of a scam!!!

I can totally understand you being skeptical but as Co-Founder of NYCMaximas I take some offense...

We have over 1,500 members including vendors like RedlineMax, Cattman Performance, Paradox Systems & CustomEnterprises.

The other co-founder of NYCMaximas is the Vice President-Double Kei Enterprises Inc. I really doubt he would risk his reputation for a couple of bucks.

I truly understand vendors more than ever when they try to put out new items out and everyone wants to shut them down before it even comes out.

Oleg is one of our most active and reputable members and on his drive he saved about 10 mpg, now 10mpg @ $3.40 (gas price in NYC) that is $34.50 right there, I will be testing it out on a SantaFe personally for a variety and will post results as soon as I have it.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:32 PM
♠♠♠♠♠

If the tests hold up, we should try to start a group-deal.. this would be great to have.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:34 PM

kcryan, how are you? I am Masazumi Kudo, president of Double Kei, and manufacturers of Dr. Fuelmax. To answer your question, we are utilizing these in our cars in Japan. Since our decade long research and debut in 2001, we have been incorporated as a part of municipal state legislature by the great city of "Kamakura" Japan, which is considered to be a historic city on the national preservation list. It is mandated that all utility vehicles within the city limits must have our catalyst installed and bear a yellow sticker of approval provided by the city of Kamakura. This catalyst saves consumers money, and facilitates safe emission for the environment, without the consumer of older model vehicles having to invest in a newer "Lev," "Ulev," or Hybrid vehicles for it's just too expensive for some consumers to switch over.
Since our most recent press conference in Japan, we are currently in the test phase of incorporating our catalyst in planes and on boats / ships. We also work alongside countries such as England and Australia in efforts to find a better environmentally safe, garbage incineration process utilizing our patented technology. We also have other various Southeastern Asian countries that have also incorporated our catalyst into their provincial, regional, state, or city legislature in efforts for cleaner air, which includes parts of China, Malaysia, Philippines, and Thailand.

If you should have any further questions, please feel free to ask away. I shall answer all of your questions as promptly as I possibly can.

Originally Posted by kcryan
i posted on BITOG we'll see what they say

I dont know though, i dont see how this can do this, and why its not used in cars already
Old 08-14-2006, 03:47 PM

I am more than confident that the tests will hold up. It has been holding up for over a decade now. Most of our testing was conducted with the assistance of the state of the art Toyota Research and Development Facility in Japan. Our catalyst was developed in accordance with the "Kyoto Accord, ( Proposal for cleaner air )," and is currently incorporated as a part of the municipal city legislature of Kamakura city, Japan. Every utility vehicle within city limits must contain one of our catalyst, and bear a yellow sticker of approval provided by the city.

Dr. Fuelmax was developed with the specific purpose of maximizing fuel burning expenditure, while at the same time being safe for the environment.
Please visit <www.drfuelmax.com> for further detailed information. If you should have any further immediate questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

Masazumi Kudo

Manufacturers of Dr. Fuelmax

Originally Posted by MacGarnicle
If the tests hold up, we should try to start a group-deal.. this would be great to have.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:03 PM

I might be interested some day, i gotta see how it holds up over time, interesting none the less, ohh and you should post on BITOG as i said before, if your prouduct is as good as you say it is, it will sell well over there, very well but it will have to prove itself
Old 08-14-2006, 04:06 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sounds like this is the real deal, when i see some more tests, i would most certainly buy one, and my whole family most likely would get two more (3 cars total).

Waiting for more tests! This thing sounds amazing if everything said here is true, which sounds like it is.....
Old 08-14-2006, 04:12 PM

By all means, you may keep your tornado. However just be aware, that your tornado does not facilitate an efficient fuel burning efficiency such as our catalyst, which means that your fuel is not being expended. This also means that as you drive for a longer period of time, your car will eventually deteriorate from all the excess carbon and gum deposits accumulated, your vehicle will sustain heavy loads of stress, your miles per gallon will decrease ( this is inevitable, and even your tornado can't prevent this ), engine temperature will increase, engine oil will burn faster, and thermal viscosity breakdown will surely be around the corner.

Our catalyst also allows for a person with a performance car ( car that requires premium gas ) to even switch from higher octanes such as 93 to lower octanes such as 87 safely, without compromising vehicle integrity or performance in the least. In Japan, the premium gas usually starts from 103 octane, so when Japan usually states premium only, they usually mean it. However, our ultra high fuel burning efficiency ( 99.86% ) makes this all possible, safely and effectively.

So, all in all, our catalyst substantially improves your miles per gallon, increases horsepower, increases pedal response, improves emission ( you can pass emissions even with a straight pipe ), cleans out gum and carbon deposits thus healing your car, allows your car to run on cooler engine temperature thus prolonging intervals between oil changes, and the best part is that it's a one time application that will last the life of your car guaranteed.

This is not a thread attempting to force people to buy. If you are not interested that is fine. If you are interested, by all means you are welcome to purchase our catalyst.

Sincerely,

Masazumi Kudo

QUOTE=† ErV †]i will keep my tornado if you don't mind. it gives me an additional 8-12 mpg.[/QUOTE]
Old 08-14-2006, 04:19 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Dude, I have this, been using it for 3 months AND NOTHING. IT DID NOT WORK AT ALL.

Additionally, the hard rubber of the nissan gas cap gasket does not allow for much flex...the catch line of the 'catalyst' can AND WILL not allow the gas cap to seal thereby resulting in evaporation of gasoline from the fuel tank.

I know this because I'VE TRIED IT.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:20 PM

4x4, I thank you for your faith in Dr. Fuelmax. We are still in the beginning stages of marketing here in the U.S., moving slowly, but surely. We will have many more feedbacks / results from real-time tests in the near future to come, and I am in high hopes that it will meet your standards and be to your liking. Thank you again for your words of encouragement.

Sincerely,

Masazumi Kudo

Originally Posted by 4x4Max
Sounds like this is the real deal, when i see some more tests, i would most certainly buy one, and my whole family most likely would get two more (3 cars total).

Waiting for more tests! This thing sounds amazing if everything said here is true, which sounds like it is.....
Old 08-14-2006, 04:34 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

“I have to admit that the way I drive, I can forget about ever saving on MPG. However, this minor setback is replaced with the sensation of pure adrenaline rush, cutting through the wind and my competition like a missile! I also can’t get enough of the gratifying growl that my engine lets out as I take off into first gear, as if my car is some sick beast!”
( 6TH GENERATION NISSAN MAXIMA DRIVER, NASSAU COUNTY, N.Y. )

Old 08-14-2006, 04:34 PM

ChinoX,

Well, see I don't know any of the members of the NYCMaximas club, so that is why I did not readily beleive everything I read. Add to that the apparent contradiction with Mr Oleg waiting to recieve his unit and posting here that he has used it, while not posting those results on your forum at all, its very understandable that I would post that question.

Now, having read your post, if there are people who can vouch for thsse folks, then its another story... in the end the org members will have to see how many positive reviews they hear from people they know, and how many reviews turn up like this one:
Originally Posted by Metal Maxima
Dude, I have this, been using it for 3 months AND NOTHING. IT DID NOT WORK AT ALL.

Additionally, the hard rubber of the nissan gas cap gasket does not allow for much flex...the catch line of the 'catalyst' can AND WILL not allow the gas cap to seal thereby resulting in evaporation of gasoline from the fuel tank.

and then make the decision. Believe me, I'd love it if this thing was true!

Originally Posted by ChinoX
Wow, that would be some hell of a scam!!!

I can totally understand you being skeptical but as Co-Founder of NYCMaximas I take some offense...

We have over 1,500 members including vendors like RedlineMax, Cattman Performance, Paradox Systems & CustomEnterprises.

The other co-founder of NYCMaximas is the Vice President-Double Kei Enterprises Inc. I really doubt he would risk his reputation for a couple of bucks.

I truly understand vendors more than ever when they try to put out new items out and everyone wants to shut them down before it even comes out.

Oleg is one of our most active and reputable members and on his drive he saved about 10 mpg, now 10mpg @ $3.40 (gas price in NYC) that is $34.50 right there, I will be testing it out on a SantaFe personally for a variety and will post results as soon as I have it.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:43 PM
this place is dead

Mr. Koibayashi, I don't believe in Kaizer Solzeg
Old 08-14-2006, 04:51 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Let me ask this from an engineering perspective:

ALL catalysts work by having a high amount of surface are available upon which a molecule may have its activiation energy increased. So in ALL commerical applications, ALL flow of molecule 'x' goes across the ENTIRE SURFACE of the catalyst.

Be as it my, YOUR catalyst lies in a sedentary position and would allow for but a localized 'breakdown' of the HCs.

So tell me, how does an item SITTING in the bottom of the gas tank treat the areas it will never even touch?
Old 08-14-2006, 04:53 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Haaaaaaaaaa!!! He Signed Off!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 04:56 PM

Again ill ask, whats the return policy, if i buy it and it does nothing, what do i get.

Also how does it improve braking efficiency?
Old 08-14-2006, 04:58 PM

OHH, and i want to see all this documentation from japan, i know nothing about them, but if its EPA approved over there let me see its approval, and if it must be used in certain areas, let me see that documentation.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2006, 05:02 PM

Metal Maxima, there is no possible way that it is not working for your car. There are so many merits to having this catalyst in your automobile, that it is impossible not to notice anything. Haven't you noticed that your car was running substantially quieter than prior to installation? Hasn't the accelerator pedal response increased at all? Haven't you realized any significant difference in the way your car handles? Doesn't it handle better???

There is absolutely no possible way that you can't feel any difference. I heard about you from Rishi, and I am aware of you running with this in your car. If it is the mpg gains that you are not seeing, then you also have to consider the general factors that apply which may hinder your gains.

1."Perhaps you are too heavy on the gas." If you tend to depress the pedal abruptly, and drive excessively fast, you compromise miles per gallon greatly. Any fuel economist would tell you that.

2. "Constantly keeping your foot on the gas is also a fuel economy killer." Excess fuel gets pumped into the engine and gas is wasted. You should accelerate to a preferred velocity and ease off the accelerator until you need to accelerate again.

3. "Do you drive in heavy traffic throughout most of the day?" Stop-and-go driving also kills fuel economy. This is inevitable. If your car is constantly at idle, you will end up wasting gas. It is highly recommended for you to turn your engine off when idling for more than a minute. Try to anticipate traffic situations and accelerate and decelerate smoothly. It's safer and uses much less gas.

4. "Road rage and Jackrabbit starts can also kill fuel economy." Once again, try to accelerate more gently, and slowly; change "lead foot" to "light foot."

5. Also aim to maintain a constant speed. Drive at posted speed limits.

6. Engine load may also be a factor. If you have alot of heavy junk in the trunk, try not to keep it in there.

7. Minimize the use of AC if you are using it. Be sure that your tires are properly aligned. Make sure that your tires are also not under-inflated. Also use good quality ( EC: energy conserving ) engine oil, etc.

8. Also keep in mind that our catalyst is ideal for consistent long distance driving. With good traffic condition traveling at consistent speed incorporating good driving manners ( light on the gas, not overly exceeding the speed limit, staying within trajectory without swerving in and out of lanes )

Theres so many factors that may have contributed to the limited effects with our catalyst. You can never rule out yourself as a factor. If you don't give this an honest run, then you will never notice the difference, even though it is doing it's job. You have to be consciencious and meticulous to maximize your gains and benefits from Dr. Fuelmax for it is no miracle pill that you can just insert and drive any which way that you wish and expect to gain something out of. We never had a complaint such as yours, and we're very sorry that you feel this way.

Sincerely,

Masazumi Kudo

Old 08-14-2006, 05:08 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Metal Maxima, there is no possible way that it is not working for your car. There are so many merits to having this catalyst in your automobile, that it is impossible not to notice anything. Haven't you noticed that your car was running substantially quieter than prior to installation? Hasn't the accelerator pedal response increased at all? Haven't you realized any significant difference in the way your car handles? Doesn't it handle better???
The only...ONLY thing that I can think of is because I am a nutbag when it comes to car maint. I run a seafoam and Chevron Techron treatment every 5000 miles and AMSOIL w/ Auto Rx. This thing is babied beyond belief. ea air filter every year, iridium plugs. I am also going to be purchasing a secondary oil filter to really clean the oil up, this ought to vouch as to how dedicated I am to keeping her running well.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:09 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

I am going to try this for ONE MORE WEEK. I will post all information in this thread.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:09 PM

All the above reccomendations go with any car, with or without this thing, i dont see how that would affect it.

The fact that i dont see a "Give these ideas a try, and if your still not satisfied, send it back for a full refund" scares me, if its that good, refund money to anyone whos not happy...
Old 08-14-2006, 05:10 PM

Ill be interested to see metal
Old 08-14-2006, 05:12 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

The other thing that frightens me is that the above are OBVIOUS fuel savers.

Masazumi, you need to understand your demograph here. You are selling to a Maimxa ENTHUSIASTS site...we are not going to drive our cars like grandmothers.

It's hot this summer, and I have 20 miles of highway to cover to and from work each way. I drive all of this with the AC on an cruise at 80mph. This product probably does work, BUT, for the way most of us drive, it seems to go against your recommendations.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:15 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

Originally Posted by kcryan
Ill be interested to see metal
I'm going to give it a full week. AND I am going to drop it in the tank. I'll recover it the proceeding week when I change the fuel filter.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:16 PM

80? that slow...how u manage that?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DrFuelMax review and real life test! Amazing results.