General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

NY ghetto got TOTALED today......

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 02:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

NY ghetto got TOTALED today......

basically the santa fe was tail gating me, i got irritated, so i switched lanes and he followed, next thing i know navigator in front slams brakes, and so do i, car comes to full stop inches from navigator, but the ****tard on the santafe sandwiched me into the navigator........

i was coming to brooklyn to pick up a EVO exhaust from a fellow orger, just coming from Don in jerzey......this sucks

i'm mad pissed, i need some suggestion on what to do........

Old 08-07-2005, 02:03 PM

Old 08-07-2005, 02:03 PM

on a side note, the front lip is perfectly fine, not even a scratch, LOL

the navigator in front of me only got minor scratches, but my **** got ****ed as u can see.....

also, the airbags did not deploy.......WTF?
Old 08-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Banned

Wheres the scratches on the navi? is that car the one you hit? (i assume it is bc theres a santa-fe...looks like u have a camera phone. It dosent look like the santa fe even hit your rear...is your rear crunched in on the passenger side?
Old 08-07-2005, 02:09 PM

Damm. sorry to hear that...hope you are o.k. almost the same thing happened to a friend of mine the insurance of the other guy paid for it,(in this case the Santa Fe) it took him a few weeks thou...anyway I hope everything work out for you.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Banned

Now get a CF hood, new grille, repaint the bumper bc it seems to have survived...and whatever else was smashed under the hood..it dosent appear totalled.
Old 08-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Newbie just Registered

Originally Posted by NYghettoGLE
basically the santa fe was tail gating me, i got irritated, so i switched lanes and he followed, next thing i know navigator in front slams brakes, and so do i, car comes to full stop inches from navigator, but the ****tard on the santafe sandwiched me into the navigator........

i was coming to brooklyn to pick up a EVO exhaust from a fellow orger, just coming from Don in jerzey......this sucks

i'm mad pissed, i need some suggestion on what to do........

You fellas gotta stop crashing your Maxes. Glad you are alright. Looks like your bumper went under the Navi, other wise you'd only need new bumpers.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:26 PM
大陆弟弟

Ouch..at least you made it out safe. Good luck on repairs.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:51 PM

Sorry to hear about the incident. I feel you that I would be upset too, especially the mornon tailgating your car. That does sucks especially in burbs of NYC, I know how bad drivers are. Thank god I live out in Long Island
Old 08-07-2005, 03:56 PM

Thats too bad...what did the idiot in the Santa Fe have to say afterwards? I'm thinking your airbags didn't go off because only the upper portion of your front end got damaged...it wasn't exactly a head on crash because you probably went under the Navi's bumper a bit.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:01 PM
BG

Originally Posted by NYghettoGLE
on a side note, the front lip is perfectly fine, not even a scratch, LOL

the navigator in front of me only got minor scratches, but my **** got ****ed as u can see.....

also, the airbags did not deploy.......WTF?
The airbags don't deploy in many collisions, you must be experience certain g-forces for them to be activated. They aren't needed in most collisions under 35mph.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:05 PM
GrandPa

I hope you have the insurance information from the as*hole who hit you. At least you are ok which is more important. Warren nycmaximas
Old 08-07-2005, 06:57 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Driving in NY sucks, period...

You could drive a tank and the f%uckers would still crunch it over time...

Hope everything works out for the best...
Old 08-07-2005, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
Driving in NY sucks, period...

Hope everything works out for the best...
PS, I think you where also doing a little (a lot) of agressive driving or you where not focused on the road since a Max has a far better stopping distance than a Navigator... Damn, even the piece of $hit Santa fa didn't clip you, looks like your goin to get screwed by insurance guidelines. Hope everything works out for the best...
Old 08-07-2005, 07:03 PM
大陆弟弟

Originally Posted by chernmax
...not to mention having cabbies crunch into you 24/7...those peeps are nuts.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Banned

Your nissan emblem fell off!
Old 08-07-2005, 09:03 PM

Wow. Glad you ok. Sad that the Navi seems to have no damages at all, and the Santa Fe just need a new bumper. Your whole front need to be replaced. At leasty your lip looks undamaged.

Hope the engine and such are ok, along with the frame
Old 08-07-2005, 09:48 PM

It really does suck, his was one of the nicest ones I've actually saw in person, granted, I saw him driving a hundred something feet away, but it still looked very nice.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:04 PM

good luck on the repairs.. tailgaters blow
Old 08-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Pointy Elbows

Oh man. Sorry to hear about your accident. Are you alright?
Old 08-07-2005, 10:30 PM

hey, sorry to hear about the accident and glad you are ok. Make sure you get all the correct insurance information just in case they are fraudulent. Sometimes drivers will purposely get into wrecks to get insurance claims and screw the person they hit. Good luck.

Luke
Old 08-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

What I'm curious of, who got ticketed? My guess you and the Santa Fe got tickets. It's hard to believe you came to a complete stop inches behind the Navi and the Santa Fe hit you that hard for you to do that much damage to the front of your car, but hardly any damge to the rear of your car and the front of the Santa Fe.

I'm no trained expert but this is what it appears to me--

From your own admission you got irritated when the Santa Fe was tail gating, you probably changed lanes aggresively and was going too fast to stop in time, the Navi was already at a full stop, you slam the brakes which put your Max in a nose dive, hence the reason everything from the top of your bumper cover got damage (besides the fact the Navi naturally got a few inches on you when comparing OEM ride height, also that tow hitch behind the Navi roll pan probably did help much) then here comes the Santa Fe, he's also going too fast to stop, he hits you, which causes minor damage to the Santa Fe.

Accidents happen, my Max was damage pretty similar to yours but the only difference I confess it ws my fault. I inadvertently took my eye off the road and BANG.

Again I'm no expert when it comes to reviewing accidents, but I did stay at the Holiday Inn last night
Old 08-08-2005, 01:21 AM
2nd Gen Boostinator

well it looks repairable but you know they say that youd need a lot of stuff even on the least amount of damage visible,paints gonna be expensive, if the airbags didnt deploy then its not that bad might just be the bumper,grill,the ac thingy and maybee the radiator thats bent but not broken its gonna be an arm and a leg tho if that frame is bent good luck with that tho.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by CandiMan
What I'm curious of, who got ticketed? My guess you and the Santa Fe got tickets. It's hard to believe you came to a complete stop inches behind the Navi and the Santa Fe hit you that hard for you to do that much damage to the front of your car, but hardly any damge to the rear of your car and the front of the Santa Fe.

From your own admission you got irritated when the Santa Fe was tail gating, you probably changed lanes aggresively and was going too fast to stop in time, the Navi was already at a full stop, you slam the brakes which put your Max in a nose dive, hence the reason everything from the top of your bumper cover got damage (besides the fact the Navi naturally got a few inches on you when comparing OEM ride height, also that tow hitch behind the Navi roll pan probably did help much) then here comes the Santa Fe, he's also going too fast to stop, he hits you, which causes minor damage to the Santa Fe.

Accidents happen, my Max was damage pretty similar to yours but the only difference I confess it ws my fault. I inadvertently took my eye off the road and BANG.

Again I'm no expert when it comes to reviewing accidents, but I did stay at the Holiday Inn last night
The thing is that you're right about this whole thing. The investigators are going to pretty much say the same thing. They are going to look at the back and see that he doesn't have enough damage to prove that the Santa fe pushed him into the Navigator. The way the front end looks, it looks like he hit a double parked Navigator.

Good luck with the whole deal but I think they are going to hand it to you NYGhetto.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:09 AM
Blu
the tits

I totally agree with you on this one. His 5mph bumper doesn't even look damaged and that front end collision looks a lot harder than 5mph.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
I totally agree with you on this one. His 5mph bumper doesn't even look damaged and that front end collision looks a lot harder than 5mph.
I was gonna post the same thing. I had to look at the pics again after I read his story. Ghetto: your story seems a little inconsistent. Looks like the Santa Fe maybe "tapped" you.

P.S. The Santa Fe has a huge dent in the left portion of it's front bumper. The positioning of the two cars would lead me to believe that that dent was there BEFORE the crash.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
i was gonna say the same thing but theres another twist. it depends on what the navigator guy says, the ins will ask him did he get hit first then hear another bang or was there one bang. from the pic it look like you went straight under the car from slammimg on the brakes then hit then got hit.
because the guy hit you from the back you might get lucky since his bumper is damaged. good luck bro use your head on this one.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:08 AM

Why does anyone bother to drive in NY? Seems crazy to me!
Old 08-08-2005, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by se-05
Why does anyone bother to drive in NY? Seems crazy to me!
they did a survey on car deaths and accidents and ny was the lowest, and many many states besides ny were on top of the list. plus we got to make a living too.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by C MAX
they did a survey on car deaths and accidents and ny was the lowest, and many many states besides ny were on top of the list. plus we got to make a living too.
I agree, that's because their is soooooooo much traffic, most cars are only doing 20-40 miles an hour during collisions and luckly at those speeds, most deaths don't result. However, bumps , scraps, non death related accidents, what are NY numbers for that. My guess is the price of car insurance in NY say's it all...
Old 08-08-2005, 08:56 AM

Either way... too bad about your car....

Old 08-08-2005, 09:04 AM

After looking at the pics, I completely agree with you. The damage is consistent with him slamming on his brakes to avoid the Navigator and his car taking a nosediver hitting the trailer hitch section of the Navi.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:56 PM

How much did repairs end up costing?
Old 08-08-2005, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Inspiron
How much did repairs end up costing?
i believe in the other thread he had posted something along the lines for almost 4g's.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Maxima Fanatic

Damn that sucks. You were fortunate that nobody got hurt but unfortunate that you were behind a navigator. Its always sad to see a nice max smashed up.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:14 AM

Dang that sucks .....i hope that you get it fixed soon...but the good thing is that you are okay....if it were me, i would have been in the front page of the newspaper, for beating the bejezzs out of the turd who caused this whole rucus......LOL
Old 08-10-2005, 09:38 AM
Opa-Locka Goon

Damn that sucks! You guys gotta stop crashing these nice a** Maxi as! Glad to hear that you are okay.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bgreenlee
The airbags don't deploy in many collisions, you must be experience certain g-forces for them to be activated. They aren't needed in most collisions under 35mph.
Air bags are designed to deploy based on the rate of decellaration (sp?). It doesn't have to do with how fast you're going, so to speak. If you're going 50mph and you hit a car that's already going 45mph, the rate of decellaration is less than if you were going 20mph and you hit a reinforced concrete wall. That's what airbags measure and then deploy.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:43 PM

You had a really nice car man and I hate to see what it looked like after the fact. I don't know you, but I'm glad you're ok man. In the end it's still just a car. Your life is worth so much more. After seeing all these accidents I've become less of an aggressive driver. That isn't to say I will never get into an accident, but some extra caution here and there can't hurt. I hope things work out in the end.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:21 AM

What are you all talking about nose dive, Navi's sit a lot higher then a max and it would just slide right under it (this happened to me with my neon and a ford ranger). If the man said he stopped in time before hitting the Navi then he stopped in time. If you look at the damage, he was hit at the weak point of the car (the grill, hood, and lights which all crumble (sp?) pretty easy). Anyway sorry about your luck.

Quick Reply: NY ghetto got TOTALED today......