General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Police PBA FOP windshield badges/shields

Old 07-07-2005, 08:49 AM

Police PBA FOP windshield badges/shields

Just curious if anyone knows how to get one of the PBA/FOP Windshield badges? I've heard you can get them by donating a large sum of money, but I'd rather just buy one off someone who has one laying around that they don't use, or who makes them so that you don't have to donate. I'm not a big PBA or FOP fan but I've seen these badges get people out of a lot of tickets, and figure it can't hurt. Any info on where/how to acquire one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 07-07-2005, 08:53 AM

Old 07-07-2005, 09:09 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by oxygen
Just curious if anyone knows how to get one of the PBA/FOP Windshield badges? I've heard you can get them by donating a large sum of money, but I'd rather just buy one off someone who has one laying around that they don't use, or who makes them so that you don't have to donate. I'm not a big PBA or FOP fan but I've seen these badges get people out of a lot of tickets, and figure it can't hurt. Any info on where/how to acquire one would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Or a counterfeit!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:09 AM

wow i have 4 pba cards and no fop... hmmm do they give those out to the cops too?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:14 AM

I have an NYC PBA card but it's not really doing me a whole lot of good in NJ...so I'm trying to get ahold of a shield like the one above to save me some hassle acquired by the out of state PBA card.

so far all I've heard on how to get one of these badges is that you have to know a cop, fill out a form, and then pay yearly renewal.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:19 AM

PBA cards mean nothing. You can get them on ebay. Most cops will let it go since they are pulling you over for bullsh!t anyway. As far as the Fraternal Order of Police, you have to be a member... either a Peace or Police officer.
I gave my girl friend an LBA card (Lieutenants Benevolants Association) and it didnt do anything for her. She still got a ticket by Suffolk PD.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by DJ2Max
wow i have 4 pba cards and no fop... hmmm do they give those out to the cops too?
Have 1 PBA card and 1 mini shield with badge number (them wallet size things). Even though the mini badge is from a aux officer. It works decent in NYC. I get pulled over for whaver, They see the badge on windshield and when I get my wallet out, They see PBA since license is under card and usually they give me a warning and let me go on my way but not all the time. Got out of a tint ticket this morning with the combo. Damn 2nd ave random checks ,but I don't mind. They doing their jobs It's all good.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:58 AM

That rumor about getting out of tickets is such an urban myth. Any of the people I know that have been stopped with them on, get a ticket anyway. I think that rumor was started by the police, so thay people would give money thinking the sticker would help them.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:30 AM
Administrator

i have seen Cops give their co workers tickets... and i am talking state troopers in the same troop
Old 07-09-2005, 12:05 PM
Back from the dead

i got a ticket from my uncle in joliet. he was doing his job tho... i dont hold it against any cops unless its a bs cite for an exhaust or something
Old 07-09-2005, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Ûñç£è §Þ®ïñ†ý
i have seen Cops give their co workers tickets... and i am talking state troopers in the same troop

State Troopers are ruthless. Here in Cali, we have a joke about CHP that they wouldn't hesitate on giving thier own mom's a ticket.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:33 PM
SuPeRmOd

what will something on your windshield have to do with a citation? they come from the rear and stop at your window. be hilarious if you got cited more for obstruction of view I know people with the badges on their rear and still got ticketed. officer may ask why you have it and tell your relative/friend they pulled you over. or look out for you since they found out you lied and know no one.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:35 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I've seen cops give cops tickets...maybe if you changed your last name to the police chief's name you'd have something going...
Old 07-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by RockfordMax
i got a ticket from my uncle in joliet. he was doing his job tho... i dont hold it against any cops unless its a bs cite for an exhaust or something
Damn, i would write him off my will and ignore him at family barbecues. True he did his job, but friends and family hook each other up. I've done it everywhere I worked.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:23 PM

The only people I would not write were my mom and my wife* Everyone else...well, it depends on what they were pulled over for and their attitude.

You would be surprised how often a good attitude can help get you out of a ticket.

*If I had a wife
Old 07-11-2005, 01:34 AM

i got off one for having one of those 'Back The Blue' bumper stickers laying on my passenger seat.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:21 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by HWY2HELL
I've seen cops give cops tickets...maybe if you changed your last name to the police chief's name you'd have something going...
nope...

this same trooper in NY State Police gave his boss wife a ticket...
Old 07-11-2005, 04:47 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Don't bother even getting one now a days because if you do something wrong, you'll still get cited. That card/badge was good 15 or so years ago but cops got tired of people abusing the card and it's "so called" privileges. Most cops don't care if you donate or have that card, trust me.

Be like me, I get off for just being cool. I've been pulled over about 5 times within the last 2 years and haven't gotten a ticket yet. I even got pulled over going to Maxus in Dallas in PA for speeding through a contruction zone.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
what will something on your windshield have to do with a citation? they come from the rear and stop at your window. be hilarious if you got cited more for obstruction of view I know people with the badges on their rear and still got ticketed. officer may ask why you have it and tell your relative/friend they pulled you over. or look out for you since they found out you lied and know no one.
in NY we have these things called registration and inspection stickers. most states put them on the liscence plate. not NY. bottom of the drivers side windsheild. ive gotten a ticket for a cracked windsheild that the cop would have never seen if he didnt look at those damn stickers. ****in state troopers.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:06 PM

It's weird how people regard public servants. One minute they're swine or porcine, and the next they're heros. Why buy something on eBay and try to be something you're not? Why would a FoP member be any different than one AARP member and the next? How fraternal are you and your coworkers when there's an opportunity to become chief or partner and there are 8 of you wanting that big paycheck?
Old 07-12-2005, 09:44 AM

It sometimes is luck, it all depends on the cop and the mood he is in....
Old 07-12-2005, 10:42 AM
KH3 by popular demand

Those cards do nothing. The funny thing is around where I live even drug dealers have them on their cars thinking they won't get pulled over because of a sticker. I agree with Deezo, you get off by being cool. It is a hard feat cause most cops will tee you off but if you get pulled over, have your registration,proof of insurance and license (if you have one!!) ready and have both hands on the steering wheel. Believe it or not cops are pretty impressed with that. You pose less of a threat than digging around in your pockets and going in glove boxes in his sight.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:29 PM
wat

nope...

this same trooper in NY State Police gave his boss wife a ticket...
NY State troopers are nuts. When I was out there last month, I counted so many of them. With all the states I drove through, 95% of the cops I saw were in NY. Thats counting 7+ states.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by BlueC
NY State troopers are nuts. When I was out there last month, I counted so many of them. With all the states I drove through, 95% of the cops I saw were in NY. Thats counting 7+ states.
How are they nuts, do you mean that they enforce the law? As PD go, they are probably the most qualified of all 50 states. The only place that comes close is CA. NYS has a long tradition of requiring a bachelors degree and military service for officers. Here in PA you need junior high school and no more than 2 misdemeanor convictions....
Old 07-13-2005, 05:58 AM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by deezo
Be like me, I get off for just being cool. I've been pulled over about 5 times within the last 2 years and haven't gotten a ticket yet. I even got pulled over going to Maxus in Dallas in PA for speeding through a contruction zone.
Yeah, well when you're 7'9" and 3x the size of the cop, they tend to go easy on you.

Here's a hint.. You won't need those badges to get you out of a ticket if you wouldn't break the law! Don't do anything worth getting pulled over for and you won't get pulled over.