General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

how often does your car get hit by someone opening their door?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 02:57 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

how often does your car get hit by someone opening their door?

at my school, we have the smallest parking spots ever, every single one is labeled COMPACT. also the people who go to my school are very careless and they'll hit your car with their doors and not make it a big deal. happens almost everyday at school, i always find something new on my car. i remember one time i was walking to my car, a girl in a white civic parks right next to me, and she opens her door...WHAM...i hear her door just hit my car, i go to my car and said to her, "you just hit my car," and she just says, "yea, whatever," and goes on to class..

i hate careless people, i wish i had a large truck to run over their cars...anybody have problems with people slamming their door into your car?
Old 05-07-2005, 04:53 AM

This stuff happens....if you live in the city people will scratch up your bumpers parking. Live in the suburbs and white people will scratch up your doors in parking spaces... I've had my car for 2 months and the bumpers already have plenty of battle scars.

Be grateful you have parking at your school, I have to park my car in the projects and then walk to school.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:36 AM
faster than you think

not happen to me because i park my car away from everybody
Old 05-07-2005, 06:59 AM
Banned

Doors

I went into starbucks...parked in a spot with alot of room next to me...stupid 20 something fatass parks way too close to me right on the line..come out, she of course hit my door...Buffed out the scratch, but theres a minor crease there still, buit its seriosly so minor noone except me notices it...I was lucky, i guess...but never again...always gotta park far far away. People are lazy amd careless.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:04 AM

seems like even if you take end spots, people park closer to you. Had a ding 3 days after i bought the car
Old 05-07-2005, 09:08 AM

I've had to go to a paintless dent removal place 2 or 3 times to get door dings removed, but not recently. I always try to park at an end spot and move as far to the left or right (depending on what end) that I can. Either that or park somewhere in the back 40 and walk a little further.
Old 05-07-2005, 07:51 PM
dot dot dot ...

Im heading to the paintless ding fellas next week, man i hate it especially when you're washing your car you can see NEW imperfections ... ... BTW that altima looks good ...
Old 05-07-2005, 08:55 PM

All the time... people suck around here...
Old 05-07-2005, 09:44 PM

I have about 20, not kidding, dents from people opening their doors and hitting my car, it pisses me off so fukcing much.
Maxamazation: If I were you I'd drive a car that I didn't care about and open the door and hit her car a few times. If you don't have a car you don't wanna mess up just hit her car with a hammer.
This is just what I would do, some may say it's wrong but I like to get back at people who mess my stuff up.

Mooney
Old 05-07-2005, 10:32 PM
wants the ads to die

Only once in my 1.5 years of driving. I consider that lucky, I guess.
Old 05-08-2005, 05:50 AM
Kevlo for President

Shopping carts, doors, old people--there is no avoiding them
Old 05-08-2005, 06:54 AM
The Ultimate Driving Machine

the week that my dad bought his new car 2002 BMW X5, its expensive $62000, somebody hit it with a shopping cart and left a 1 inch round paint chip in the rear bumper. I dont understand how people just let these things happen. Reminds me of the VW commercial where he runs and dives to make it avoid hitting the car
Old 05-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Banned

Next time I come back to a door ding and know it was caused by whose next to me there's going to be some revenge taken. However, the person who dinged me...had dings scratches and dents everywhere to begin with..sometimes its not even worth it.
Old 05-08-2005, 02:24 PM

Funny you should ask.....it happened TODAY. Me being me, I saw ol' boy in his red truck w/ his door open and said "hmm...he looks a little close". I get home, finally see my passenger side door and ol' boy left me a ding w/ some red highlights. it's sexy as hell on my sterling mist.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by maximazation
i remember one time i was walking to my car, a girl in a white civic parks right next to me, and she opens her door...WHAM...i hear her door just hit my car, i go to my car and said to her, "you just hit my car," and she just says, "yea, whatever," and goes on to class..

i hate careless people, i wish i had a large truck to run over their cars...anybody have problems with people slamming their door into your car?
my truck is far from large but its still very handy taking that to my school vs my max... im not as **** about dents with it plus i usually park in a dirt field thats real close to the building i go to

i dont know how you let that one go with that girl... i woudlve sat and powerbraked in front of the car and then sprinkle the rubber chunks all over it
Old 05-08-2005, 06:26 PM
XGaSpAcHo

i have one small dent on my front passenger door. looks like somebody opened their door too far.

Old 05-08-2005, 07:02 PM

Man, I used to make fun of my buddy at work for parking so far away from anyone until some a-hole dinged my drivers door. Now I park as far away from other cars as I can. But, I only do this at work. I've never had a problem anywhere else.
Old 05-08-2005, 07:15 PM
XGaSpAcHo

Originally Posted by TXT-1
Man, I used to make fun of my buddy at work for parking so far away from anyone until some a-hole dinged my drivers door. Now I park as far away from other cars as I can. But, I only do this at work. I've never had a problem anywhere else.
i always try to park closer to the car on the left when pulling into a spot. i figure this way the driver of the car on the right will have more room to open his or her door.

Old 05-08-2005, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by aLtWeEzY
seems like even if you take end spots, people park closer to you. Had a ding 3 days after i bought the car

ditto 3 days after i got mine someone scratched my fender when they were pulling out of the parking spot next to me...bulldooDIE!
Old 05-08-2005, 07:38 PM

Some lady in the ugliest car in the world pulled up next to me (Honda Element). She parked kind of far, so I went back to napping and waiting in the parking lot. Next thing I hear a loud clunk, and the ladies already walking away. Get out and notice a nice long scrape on my fender from the door. After that the wind must've took my door when I was opening it for my passenger and left a dent in her door
Old 05-08-2005, 07:50 PM

Hasn't happened to me yet. I always park far away. I never really go anywhere besides work and home so thats probably why!
Old 05-08-2005, 07:57 PM

About every day. This car got me though almost 6 years of college, now it's starting the relative retirement of a normal job's parking lot. If you have a nice car don't even think about driving it to school.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:00 PM

Lately, when I park outside my dorm, people have been moving out (leaving school for the summer), and they always have all their doors opened and are walking around with boxes and sh*t. I'm sure my car has been hit several times that I don't know about. But what can you really do?
Old 05-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Way out West

My car had a few dings when I bought it, but I don't think I have added any since I've owned it. I try to park a ways away. I figure all the lazy fat azz people will try to get as close to the door of the school/store/mall, etc., as possible.

One time I was driving my mom's Ford farm truck (95 F250 4x4 diesel) to the store and some fat slob lady pulled in way too close and was too lazy to re-park. She opened her door smack into the truck. I saw the whole thing when I was walking out -- she even inspected it. I pretended to go to another car while she walked in the store.

When I inspected it, I saw a nice red mark on my mom's white truck. Then I got in, slid over to the passenger side, checked to see if anyone was looking, opened that fluckin door about as hard as I could -- putting a nice dent in the lady's buick (or olds or whatever) -- then proceded to start up the truck and drive off. Maybe that wasn't too nice, but I was pissed she didn't even leave a note.
Old 05-08-2005, 08:06 PM

i have light scratches on my rear bumper from when someone was getting out of their parking spot and wound up reversing too far back and hitting my car.
and i also have random dents here and there from a light hail storm
Old 05-09-2005, 02:01 AM

i hate this stuff...and usually the car that does it is already scratched or dented...
Old 05-09-2005, 08:27 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

I just bash doors in now when i get door dings. You leave me a ding and I am leaving you a size ten boot imprint in your door. I am completely fed up with door dings and non-careful owners. I am practically buddies with my local Dent Wizard guy. I can't even tell you how many door dings i have had before and money I dish out on ding removals. My latest one was at Best Buy Virginia where some guy/girl hit me and left me a huge crease the size of a baseball with red paint on my passenger door. It was a new Red durango that was parked entirely to close to my car (and i am at the end space) and not leaving any room for my fiance to open the door to get in. No note or nothing. I waited for 45 minutes for the person to come back to the car and no one showed up. I got fed up and just kicked the door. Payback is a ***** and I know the driver knew they hit my car because there were finger prints on my car where the ding was. I keep a disposable camera in my glove box so i took pictures just incase they got my tag numbers, i also have thier tag numbers and pictures of the durango and others who have hit me for reference. Call me mean I don't care, while i am getting my dent removed and getting my car painted from the red mark I know some one in VA will be doing the same.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by leeI35
I just bash doors in now when i get door dings. You leave me a ding and I am leaving you a size ten boot imprint in your door. I am completely fed up with door dings and non-careful owners. I am practically buddies with my local Dent Wizard guy. I can't even tell you how many door dings i have had before and money I dish out on ding removals. My latest one was at Best Buy Virginia where some guy/girl hit me and left me a huge crease the size of a baseball with red paint on my passenger door. It was a new Red durango that was parked entirely to close to my car (and i am at the end space) and not leaving any room for my fiance to open the door to get in. No note or nothing. I waited for 45 minutes for the person to come back to the car and no one showed up. I got fed up and just kicked the door. Payback is a ***** and I know the driver knew they hit my car because there were finger prints on my car where the ding was. I keep a disposable camera in my glove box so i took pictures just incase they got my tag numbers, i also have thier tag numbers and pictures of the durango and others who have hit me for reference. Call me mean I don't care, while i am getting my dent removed and getting my car painted from the red mark I know some one in VA will be doing the same.
Now that's dirty. But hey, revenge is a *****. They got what was coming to them.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:11 AM
XGaSpAcHo

Originally Posted by leeI35
so that was you?!

Old 05-09-2005, 09:58 AM

Door damage!

My daughter got out of her car at work the other day, and some blind dummy ran into the door while pulling in next to her car! Small dings are bothersome, but no door is far worse!!!!! Earl
Old 05-09-2005, 09:21 PM

^^ now thats some ****..

door dings....... it looks like someone just sat there and picked out the best spots to give me them. At school its even worse, i had this s!ut hit my car right in front of me and didnt act like nothing happened until she realized it was my car.. oh but i got her back later on that day... dings **** me off so much
Old 05-10-2005, 03:17 AM

^^its still considered your fault right, since she didnt look before openning the door
Old 05-10-2005, 03:38 AM

boo hoo people. it's a ding or scratch on you car, deal with it. don't even get me started on road rage and the ignorance and anger built up in some people. no wonder people are always getting shot in this country, because they over-react about insignificant things such as their precious car that they're spending their whole paycheck on each month, getting dinged, or some mishap on the road which no accident or anything resulted from. chill out america! and for all you school children...take action and get the dent fixed instead of whine about it and go out like a biatch.
Old 05-10-2005, 06:05 AM
XGaSpAcHo

Originally Posted by Hectic
boo hoo people. it's a ding or scratch on you car, deal with it. don't even get me started on road rage and the ignorance and anger built up in some people. no wonder people are always getting shot in this country, because they over-react about insignificant things such as their precious car that they're spending their whole paycheck on each month, getting dinged, or some mishap on the road which no accident or anything resulted from. chill out america! and for all you school children...take action and get the dent fixed instead of whine about it and go out like a biatch.
so we shouldn't get upset over somebody putting a ding in our car and just spend money to fix it? you're right that sounds so much better.

Old 05-10-2005, 09:20 AM

na, take action against the person responsible. i'm sure these kids have parents and insurance if it would be covered. it's also not too hard to pull dings out
Old 05-10-2005, 11:20 AM
G37S > I35 > UR Max

na, take action against the person responsible. i'm sure these kids have parents and insurance if it would be covered. it's also not too hard to pull dings out
There's a difference between paintless ding removal, and having to have your brand new car door repainted (which the paint probably wont match because i have a diamond graphite car). Small dings i can live with, but when idiots hit you hard enough to leave a baseball size ding, and then when you call insurance they say "Pay the deductible which is more than what it cost to fix the problem, I have a SERIOUS problem. With the attitude that most have, oh it's just a door ding, i hit someone car or I back into someone "who cares" attitude, what else do those people get away with?, sorry dude, but I have no respect for owners who think like "It's just a door ding it will buff out attitude".
Old 05-10-2005, 11:31 AM

I don't want to start a flame war here, but I don't think it's fair of you to assume everyone spends their entire paycheck on their car. My car is paid in full and I still care very much about its appearance. I don't think its insignificant when somebody dings my door because I worked hard to get my car and in a small way, reflects part of my personality. I understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it's necessary to try and belittle those who actually do care about their personal property.
Old 05-10-2005, 12:18 PM

I would feel the same way as you if I had a 1991 beater like you have. But when you have something a bit nicer and pricier it's a different story. On top of that, it's not about spending whole pay check on car payments. I only spend 1/4 of my paycheck on car payment and rest on living expenditure. It's all about loving your car. Many of us like myself look at our car like it's our own little baby, and we care for our car far more then anything. When someone puts blemish on something that you love so much, and doesn't give two **** about it, it sure as hell would **** you off. I'm sure you'd punch someones eye out if they punched you in your face. Well "dinging" your car raises the same anger. SPecially since many of us spends hours after hours keeping our car spotless and CLEAN.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:17 PM
is invisible

Originally Posted by nosispower
Live in the suburbs and white people will scratch up your doors in parking spaces...
Damn those ****ing white people.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:20 PM
is invisible

That's why I had a '91 GXE beater in college.
Parking probably wasn't as bad yours and nothing noteworthy ever happened, but I wouldn't have cared anyways.

Quick Reply: how often does your car get hit by someone opening their door?