General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Post your accident story with pics --- Best one gets a prize!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Post your accident story with pics --- Best one gets a prize!!

Ok...my goal here is to be educated on how accidents happen. In my pysch class I gotta write a paper on accidents (my assigned topic) with examples. I wanna know what happened, how it happened and how it could have been prevented. This is for maxima's only because I know the structural integrity of the maxima is pretty decent for head-on type collisions.

I'll give an air freshener unit to the person with the best story with pics
Old 03-19-2005, 10:54 PM
Always sunny in philly

I entered an intersection when my light turned green(E-W), the mustang thought he could make the yellow light (coming opposite of me N-S). I saw him in the corner of my eye and tried to avoid hitting him so i pulled right away from hitting him head on. I clip him in the rear bumper, he does a 360 into some parked cars and gets totalled. My car takes moderate bumper damage (cosmetic). Courts rule in my favor; he is 100% at fault.

It could've been prevented if he didnt try to make the yellow

Old 03-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

how long ago was that nismotic? going from purple car, to a black is a good choice but thats one crazy story, anyone else got pics and stories?
Old 03-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by Mr.Duck
how long ago was that nismotic? going from purple car, to a black is a good choice but thats one crazy story, anyone else got pics and stories?

It was 2 years ago. Funny thing is, someone else hit me about 4 blocks from the first accident. BS i tell you.

my car is Neptune Blue, not black
Old 03-19-2005, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nismotic
It was 2 years ago. Funny thing is, someone else hit me about 4 blocks from the first accident. BS i tell you.

As much as I love ur sig pic you should get a new one that shows ur car color better....i forgot you had a deep blue...
Old 03-20-2005, 12:29 AM

even sexier!
Old 03-20-2005, 05:38 AM

Your car is purdy. I like.

But back on topic, I have many accident stories, but only 2 involving a maxima. I will post the stories later.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:43 AM

****taken directly from my cardomain site page 7. ****

It was winter time and rhode island got hit pretty hard this year. we had a warm day and it melted all the snow, but it froze overnight, and i didn't realize this. so i was driving around a rotary going about 30-35 and my car was just going straight and would not turn! so i paniced and turned the wheel all the way to the left but still went straight. finalily i got off the ice and hit some pavement but since my wheel was all the way to the left my car just whipped in that direction. so now i am in the other lane of trafic with cars comming at me so in instant reaction i turned my wheel all the way to the right. well i avoided the oncoming cars by 2 feet or so, but then my car started to do some major fishtailing. i couldn't contol it, and then it just spun around completly and i slammed into a bridge. after i hit the bridge i bouced off and my car spun one final time to face me in the opisite direction. many people got out of their cars to ask me if i was alright.

i was ok, but my heart and car were crushed. i was so dissapointed in myself. but as one of the people who help me out of the car said, it could have been worse. as i looked at the spot in which i hit the bridge i noticed that if i were to have hit the bridge 2 feet over on the the left i would have been killed because there was not anything stopping people from going of except a small fence. so i guess i was luck in a sence.... but still pissed off.

i circled the two main parts of the frame in which they are held together. notice there is not a bar going accross them. when i hit the bridge, i ripped that bar right off.

well after that i took it to a body shop and they fixed it.... 2 months later!!! ah! i hate not having a car. but after the 2 months passed by ever so slowly i ended up forking over $3,500 to have it fixed. and that was actually lower then what it would cost to have it done somewhere else because the guy who fixed it is family.

*****could have been avoided if i reduced my speed, and was more aware of black ice.
Old 03-20-2005, 05:59 AM

Accident with my current car:

I was approching a 3 way intersection. the person who hit me failed to see me, and went through the intersection while taking a left. I was driving straight, and I saw her at the last second. I slamed on the brakes, and drove up on a curb to avoid her, but to no luck. she collided with me on my drivers side door and 1/4 pannel. Dammage done to car was over $4,000.

I had a witness stating that he saw her hit me, and it wasn't my fault. Also, the driver was an older lady that was "trying to hurry to a gas station before she ran out." and that she was "so sorry."

*** could have been avoided if other person would have looked before entering an intersection.

I am the blue line, She is the pink line, and the green star is where we hit.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:40 AM

This is what happens when you fall asleep at the wheel. Apparently I rolled over going about 60, knocked down one tree completely, and came to rest on another. When I woke up the car was smoking up against a tree and I freaked out. Couldn't open the doors, but that was probably because they were locked and I didn't think to unlock them. I climbed over the front seats and out the rear windshield, because there was none left. I then ran onto the highway and tried to flag someone down, but no one stopped.

Eventually a state trooper came by, and he said that someone called me in as a crazy person waving my arms and standing in the middle of the highway (that was probably a bad idea, but I was pretty delirious). And the strangest part is that despite all the shattered glass and twisted metal, I walked out without a scratch.

Another part that stinks - the gunmetal Motegi MR7's had just been bought three days before the crash. I don't even have a picture of them on the car except for these crash ones. I miss that Maxima.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:53 AM

wow some sad stories Glad you guys are all okay
Old 03-20-2005, 11:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wasim521

This is what happens when you fall asleep at the wheel. Apparently I rolled over going about 60, knocked down one tree completely, and came to rest on another. When I woke up the car was smoking up against a tree and I freaked out. Couldn't open the doors, but that was probably because they were locked and I didn't think to unlock them. I climbed over the front seats and out the rear windshield, because there was none left. I then ran onto the highway and tried to flag someone down, but no one stopped.

Eventually a state trooper came by, and he said that someone called me in as a crazy person waving my arms and standing in the middle of the highway (that was probably a bad idea, but I was pretty delirious). And the strangest part is that despite all the shattered glass and twisted metal, I walked out without a scratch.

Another part that stinks - the gunmetal Motegi MR7's had just been bought three days before the crash. I don't even have a picture of them on the car except for these crash ones. I miss that Maxima.
Man, you musta been hella tired!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 11:13 AM

i just think wasim won this contest
Old 03-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Im izz sexay

I concur!!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 11:58 AM

Taken from pg. 8 in the 6th gen. section. This accident just happend last month:
The day started off pretty well for me. I detailed the car this morning, ready for another beautiful Saturday drive with the Maxima. Just 5 minutes from the house, Im driving down a residential area (speed limit of course) when a teenager in his moms Jeep Wrangler decideds to back out of his driveway with no kind of care at all. I try to swerve to miss, but still, BANG! Damnit tell me this is a dream. My 2 year old daughter in the back was fine, snug in her carseat. My sister law decided to ride in the backseat also with my daughter which is a good thing. She got her leg a little bruised from hitting the rear center console. Other than that everybody is all good. Turns out I spun the Jeep a whole 180 degrees. Teen gets a ticket for "failure to yield". His parents were outside and witnessed the whole thing. I was being nosey and overheard them asking the cops why I wasnt getting a ticket? Idiots! For what? A lot of damage was done. I know for sure the axle is a lost cause. Passenger door wont open. I also noticed inside the car where the shifter is, the center console was misaligned like it moved up a bit. Im thinking transmission damage. A very bad day for me. Ill find out the extent of the damage on Monday. Yes I was NOT at fault and Yes his insurance company is paying for all damages...more info later.

Old 03-20-2005, 01:51 PM
wat

I know this is maximas only, but I thought i'd throw this in to show how a lot of 4-door japanese sedans out there are built quite solid.

This was my first car, right before I got the max. Basically what happened was I was coming upto a downhill turn on a road that banks to the left and it was turning right. So already its setup pretty badly, combine this with black ice and cold temps and its a death trap. Came into the turn at 40-45mph, started to slow down to 35mph, didnt realize there was ice on the turn. Next thing I know, I hear the back tires scream and I get the worst feeling in the world. Then the car proceeds to fishtail, I saw myself heading towards a concrete barrier, so I tried my best to steer away, then I start going sideways into a row of trees. After that everything is kinda fuzzy. I remember hitting the trees and everything went black for a quick second. Then I looked around and just sat there, I kept thinking "Oh **** this is gonna be expensive to fix, I don't need this right now". Luckily someone pulled over to help, I was extremly confused on why they were telling me I was so lucky, it didnt seem so bad. Thats when it hit me, I looked behind my seat to grab my jacket to only see a tree had made it almost half way through my car directly behind me. Obviously I was still in shock. Paramedics came and said there was nothing wrong with me at all and that they couldnt beleive I walked away from something like that. Had a slight bump on my head, thats it.

Pictures:

Old 03-20-2005, 04:06 PM

wow you are one lucky dude! just a few more inches, and you could of been dead!
damn, thats crazy.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by wunfstmax
i just think wasim won this contest

ionno.. BlueC's is kinda nuts too...
Old 03-20-2005, 05:02 PM

Take from my cardomain page, where the are...

So this can only happen to me...
I'm on my way home from medic school last night on the Mass Pike west. It's been snowing for a little while and the roads are starting to get slippery. As I'm moving along at about 60mph I feel the car wiggle a few times. Remember I just got the car 3 weeks ago and it had new tires on the front but not on the back. Anyways so I slow down to 50mph thinking "boy I dont wanna crash" and go to move from the left lane to the middle lane. Then it happens. The car goes into a spin, and not a slow spin, but a fast holy mother of God spin. All I saw was lights and guardrail. I spun 3 or 4 times across the highway without hitting a single car and hit a snowbank at the entrance of a rest stop. The car shook violently and went up onto the passenger side, nearly flipping over. It came back to it wheels though and it was done. The whole thing probably lasted 3 seconds, but I seriously thought I was in a lot of trouble. When it was done I sat there for a second thinking "wow I'm not hurt, I can't believe that just happened". After a minute or so of collecting myself I got out of the car. It was now buried in a snowbank. The pass side showed a badly dented door, dented front fender, poss broken mirror, and that was it. NOBODY stopped to make sure I was OK, and 45 minutes after my call to the State Police a tow truck showed up. It wasnt until about 10 minutes after that that a trooper finally came, looked at my car, and left. Useless. Anyways after some digging and working at it the tow was able to winch my car out of the snowbank and tow it home. I checked out the underside of the car while it was hooked up and everything looked to be OK, but who knows what's under there. I also haven't tried driving it yet which I'll do today and report back later. I'll also post some pics later too so everyone can share in my pain. Luckily I only have a slightly sore and stiff back and no other injuries. Here is why I was really lucky...
1. I'm not really hurt.
2. I didn't hit anyone else.
3. If I hadn't hit that snowbank I would have hit the guardrail full speed which would have been much worse.
4. 10 feet more towards the rest stop and my car would have been on a snow hidden guard rail which would have been sure to tear up everything under the car.
5. If the snowbank wasn't as high as it was, I surely would have flipped over, and who knows how bad that would have been.
6. The damage looks only cosmetic. If it is, I have gotten pretty lucky.pics
Old 03-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Always sunny in philly

damn, i just want an air freshner...
Old 03-20-2005, 06:01 PM

damn, i just want an air freshner...
LOL....then buy one.....jk...we will see what happens
Old 03-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Well..... This accident happened to my best freind. probably you have seen this thread before "maxima after a race"

Ok se here is the story......... My friend lives in Baja Maxico, so about a year ago ( I still remeber it was during spring break) he went to a Big party in Ensenada Mexico. So on the way back, there was this guy on a New jetta on the last stop light, that was the last stop light that takes you to the highway. So when the light turned green my friend kicked his butt, he said he was doing about 90MPH he said he saw this sharp curve and he pressesed on the brakes...........
Too much pressure in the tires + pressing hard on the brakes + high speed = accident.

So yeah he lost control of the car......... ended up on a hill on the side of the road, about 60 ft oway from the road....
He was in the hopital for two days, broken arm, broken neck and internal fractures...... his couzin had the worst part he was in the hospital for 1 week, he had small pieces of glass on his face and arms.

The sad thing about this is that he had the car for only two weeks.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:21 PM

here's one for you...not a max but still a nissan...to make a long story short...never,NEVER let anyone borrow your car!
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shjnsn.../ph//my_photos
If you look closely you can see that the big dent put in the drivers side deck lid(by the drivers head) still has the blood running down the car.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:53 PM

This not a maxima but it happened to me and it sucks...

I was a passenger in a saturn on 5/23/04. The driver was going 90 mph and blew through a stop sign at a T in the road. It was at night on some side road. On the other side of the T their was an irragation ditch. The car flew 69 ft over the ditch and ran into a house. I was in the front seat with a broken seat belt. My face put a whole in the dash and I was missing 3 teeth. I broke my back severely. I was airlifted to the hospital and stayed there for 1 1/2 weeks while I recovered from surgery. They removed a rib, ground it up, and filled a titanium bridge with it to replace the fractured vertabrae. I have a scar from the middle of my back to my belly button.

Even though this is somewhat off-topic, I thought I would share my dramatic experience ne way.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:10 AM

Old 03-21-2005, 07:03 AM

Ouch ... BlueC's Acura looks the worst.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:49 AM

Ouch ... BlueC's Acura looks the worst.
i agree, the spec V looks pretty bad too...
Old 03-21-2005, 09:58 AM
wat

Yea I miss that car.

Funny thing is, it was a '96, but the interior was in better condition than my 99.5' maxima I have now. Same goes for the exterior.

Also, in my crash, I too couldnt figure out how to open the doors. The side that wasnt effected I thought the doors were ruined, cause I couldnt open the doors. Once I came out of shock, I realized they were just locked. Funny how that messes with your head, I couldnt really put things together in my mind.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:01 AM

I havent wrecked my max(knock on wood) but i smashed a tercel got it fixed, and flipped it, smashed, fixed and flipped a neon, smashed a corolla and a paseo, and slammed a curb with a camry. O yea and blew up a motor on a grand prix. Not a scratch from any of them.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:49 PM

I had an accident and I wasn't even in the car. My car was at a nissan dealer and they left it in 1st. When the tech went to move the car he hit the auto start and crash.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...98_28_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...98_29_full.jpg
Old 03-21-2005, 01:59 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by BlueC
I know this is maximas only, but I thought i'd throw this in to show how a lot of 4-door japanese sedans out there are built quite solid.
^ I was on the phone with him while this accident was happening. I remember him going "Oh ****!" and then hearing nothing after that...I called him back repeatedly but only after the fact did I now the battery got knocked out of his phone. Real freaky being on the phone with someone who's having an accident
Old 03-21-2005, 02:26 PM

Wow, it's definitely between Wasmin and BlueC. Those two are just painful.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:46 PM
KH3 by popular demand

I was saying in my mind how I hate to be on the road all the time because the possiblity of you being in an accident rises (I know this is a fact of life). I'm at the light about to turn left, a car is coming pretty fast, I wait, note I am in the middle of the intersetion but in like a turn lane; next I see 2 cars coming down the hill in the left lane then they start to slow down because the light turned yellow, they stop as it TURNS RED, another car in the right lane runs the red light as I'm turning to get out of the way and finish my turn...Crash!!
Deductable $500
Time in shop, about a month an a half
Total for repairs about $3500(new fender, replace fender, new hood with paint,all front lights.)
The big old grin when I finally pick up my car = $priceless
Old 03-23-2005, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by nadeemp8
i agree, the spec V looks pretty bad too...
The worst part of my car being totaled was that a complete stranger was driving...she had no insurance and then turned around and sued me for her medical bills and pain and suffering.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

I was gonna post pics of my 3rd gen wreck, but after seeing some of these crazy pics already, my **** was minor glad you all are here to tell about some of these crashes.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:53 AM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=271282 damn inexperienced drivers!!!

" Well last night was a living nightmare come true. Totalled my Maxima but it saved 5 people. I was comming back from the school basketball game and comming down a back windy road by a farm. Well i came around a turn and had the sickest feeling every then wam it hit me. The far began to fishtail to the left. It wasnt a big road at all so i tried to recovery and got the car to turn back but it fishtailed to other way.

Well I dont think the RSB helped me any in this situtation. Well we slide down into a ditch striaght into a telephone pole going about 40. My gf was in the passengers seat and the car was going to Tbone the pole but i turned it back so we hit head on bc i new the max was strong up front.

Airbags deployed, seat belts held us all in. Well after we hit the pole the car flipped onto its roof. Well we all were hangin by our seltbelts. Well my gf, Kristen, got out first and crawled out the window. Well her brother got his door open in the back and got every1 else out. I was the last 1 out but my seat belt was holding me in bc it jsut locked.

Well i got it off and climbed out the window. Well bunch of amblences and firetrucks came. Everyone we talked to said were lucky we are all living and walked out of the car. We all were takin to the hospitial. No one had 1 scratch on them. Well the car is totalled. I have pictures but i got to load them up.

I went back today to see the accident and the pole was snapped in half. Few skid marks, huge divit in the ground. The max gaves it life for all of us.

The reason we skidding was ther was a cattle and tractor crossing and there was farm runoff all over the road that we slid on. It was all ice. Well ill load some pictures up later.

The police are charging me with "neglance" whatever that mean.

Im just glad me and all my friends are alive and ok"

A lot was learned from this accident. Glad everyone as ok!
Old 03-24-2005, 06:56 AM

its truely amazing how well these cars hold on in situations like these. The maxima really is a tank!
Old 03-24-2005, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by sean05
its truely amazing how well these cars hold on in situations like these. The maxima really is a tank!
True for the guys in the front, but had somebody been sitting the back driver's side seat, they may not have been so fortunate.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:21 AM

(My friends maxima)
Hes lucky to be alive... On the highway and an SUV rear ended him doing 50+ mph. I took some pics of the car. My stomach dropped when i saw the car, you can just imagine what goes through your head when you walk out of an accident like that.
http://www.pmclan.com/Jamsan/max1.JPG
http://www.pmclan.com/Jamsan/max2.JPG
http://www.pmclan.com/Jamsan/max4.JPG
------------------------------------------------
A civic street racing got ripped right through a guard rail. The driver was killed instantly.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/attac...tid=1040&stc=1
http://www.drifting.com/forums/attac...tid=1041&stc=1
http://www.drifting.com/forums/attac...tid=1044&stc=1
http://www.drifting.com/forums/attac...tid=1045&stc=1
http://www.drifting.com/forums/attac...tid=1118&stc=1
Old 03-24-2005, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by SMX95
(My friends maxima)
Hes lucky to be alive... On the highway and an SUV rear ended him doing 50+ mph. I took some pics of the car. My stomach dropped when i saw the car, you can just imagine what goes through your head when you walk out of an accident like that.
http://www.pmclan.com/Jamsan/max1.JPG
http://www.pmclan.com/Jamsan/max2.JPG
http://www.pmclan.com/Jamsan/max4.JPG
------------------------------------------------
A civic street racing got ripped right through a guard rail. The driver was killed instantly.

http://www.drifting.com/forums/attac...tid=1040&stc=1
http://www.drifting.com/forums/attac...tid=1041&stc=1
http://www.drifting.com/forums/attac...tid=1044&stc=1
http://www.drifting.com/forums/attac...tid=1045&stc=1
http://www.drifting.com/forums/attac...tid=1118&stc=1

Was your friend's car moving when he got hit? Even if the SUV were going 50+ mph, it's a highway, so your friend should have been moving roughly the same speed. So the SUV would have been moving slowly relative to your friend and the car shouldn't have been smashed up like that. I'm guessing he was stopped for whatever reason when he got hit. The back of that car is DESTROYED. And it's a good thing nobody was in the back seat.

Quick Reply: Post your accident story with pics --- Best one gets a prize!!