General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

WSP Y-pipe HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 11:24 AM

Just to let everyone know this is not a flame against WSP, they are a great company with great customer service, but I do have a problem with the pipe and need some help please. Anyone with the WSP pipe having a problem? I have a leak in mine I just got it today. Just wanting to know if anyone else has the same problem as me. Where the two pipes form into one the pipe is not welded inbetween the pipes and is leaking very bad, and the sound is not to great. I just want to know if I am the only person that has this problem, I really hope so but if anyone else has or had this problem please inform me. If Dallas or Dan reads this, I left a message on your machine and if you could give me a call ASAP it would be highly appreciated, or just PM me and I will give you the number (dan) if you don't get access to the machine since you are at a different location. Thanks a bunch and I hope to get this resolved soon.
Old 04-26-2001, 01:18 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

that's the first time i heard that one...i had no problems...it just sounds like a manufacturing defect...im sure dallas and dan will resolve it...
Old 04-26-2001, 03:45 PM

Resolved just got the call from Dallas And all is good sounds like it was just a defect or something but Dallas is very cooperative, everyone says that WSP has great customer service and believe me they do.
Old 04-27-2001, 05:32 AM

manufacturing issue

In response to the above post. Dallas called me yesterday and unfortunatly this has happened at least one other time, to be quite frank "it really ****es me off" to say the least. We have had a few issues with the guys who weld these pipes up and believe me we will take care of it. We realize that we are at fault here. It is a difficult spot to see if they missed a weld, even though I personally check each pipe sent out. We want your business and continually try to improve.

Dan WSP
Old 04-27-2001, 07:13 AM

Re: manufacturing issue

Originally posted by Dan 93 SE
In response to the above post. Dallas called me yesterday and unfortunatly this has happened at least one other time, to be quite frank "it really ****es me off" to say the least. We have had a few issues with the guys who weld these pipes up and believe me we will take care of it. We realize that we are at fault here. It is a difficult spot to see if they missed a weld, even though I personally check each pipe sent out. We want your business and continually try to improve.

Dan WSP
Hey Dan I left another message, no answer, but I tried to get my muffler guys up here to fix it like Dallas said, but unfortunatly it did not work the chirping sound is there still where the air is leaking out. But if you guys could call me back later I have to work all day but will check my phone, Hope we can get this resolved soon, Oh and I hope you don't think I am trying to shoot you guys down by putting this on the board but I thought someone else might have had the problem, and just needed to get some feedback.
Thanks again