General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Goodbye Maxima.org....car was stolen at gunpoint

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 01:46 PM

U Were Ok...sorry Bout That
Old 08-20-2004, 01:46 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally Posted by rsly33
So you are telling me if he walked out there with a gun to four guys, one of which had a gun(and I bet they all probably did) that he would of stopped the crime and nobody would of got shot? Are you kidding? It's that kind of attitude that gets people killed for stupid sh** like having their car stolen.

No.

That's also not what I said. Please note the quote I was responding to.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about what happened. Definitely sux. I wish you the best with your new ride. Stop back here and say hi from time to time.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:52 PM
† ErV †

Originally Posted by h2kSPiG
Guns most of the time just make the situation much more dangerous. People will talk but a gun is not something that can be thrown around or taken lightly. Guns take lives everyday, they rarely save them.
The city of Kennesaw GA has a (sadly) unenforced gun law that every household should have at least one gun. Back in the past they even bought guns for people who were too poor to drop 7 washingtons on a beretta.

The statistics, proudly displayed by Kennesaw police show a near ZERO home invasions or armed robberies. I am sure there is no connection between the two.

This thread is really going in all different directions...

Old 08-20-2004, 01:59 PM
Father of the 00 VI

Originally Posted by rsly33
So you are telling me if he walked out there with a gun to four guys, one of which had a gun(and I bet they all probably did) that he would of stopped the crime and nobody would of got shot? Are you kidding? It's that kind of attitude that gets people killed for stupid sh** like having their car stolen.
I'll tell you one thing if i lived in taxas (i don't) and i had my beauty .I would sit on the grassy knoll and have a turkey shoot .

It's bad the took the man's ride but its even worse they threatened to end his life people like that deserve to be ......
Old 08-20-2004, 02:00 PM

Wow, so much hate towards tony and his car, everybody has the right to their own opinion. Cant imagine as much work and pride he put in the car, to do something horrible against it. He doesnt seem like a person who would do that, I dont know, maybe I have a different opinion of him, good luck Tony on your next project..
tino
Old 08-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

man... atleast you're ok, all good things come to an end, its time to move on but no doubt, stay around the boards and check in with us let us know how you're doing and you're G... ehehe seems all the Maxima guys end up going with Gs

good to be safe, and I'll agree with everyone else, your car was no doubt one of the most beautiful on the boards

good luck to ya
Old 08-20-2004, 02:32 PM

alright first off... there were witnesses at the hotel that saw the whole thing happen from inside.. secondly, if someone was doing an insurance job, wouldnt they just let the car get stolen and not say they came outside to a gun pointed at them? not to mention the car was found the next day stripped... oh let me guess, he had friends come and strip the car and drop it off somewhere.. as he stated, he might not get ANY money for the modifications he did and if he does, he wont be getting nearly what he put into it.. why would someone do an insurance job on a car with $20k in mods? dont you think they would get premium insurance so the mods would be covered?

people on here fukin disgust me. tony is a good friend of mine.. the fact that there was a gun pointed at him while he watched some lowlife pieces of $hit take off in his car is enough... then to have people doubt the story is true? well i guess its kind of expected on the org huh?
just to let you guys know when my lease is up in 11 months im getting pretty much the same car tony just decided to get, is there something wrong with me having my next car planned out?
Old 08-20-2004, 02:38 PM

Maybe you were destined for the G35!
Old 08-20-2004, 02:45 PM

Sorry about your loss Tony. Your hard work with your Max had a big influence on me, striving to achieve something that I thought I would never be able to accomplish. Money is paper, but life is priceless.

Vlad
Old 08-20-2004, 02:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i can see 10g's in mods but not 20g's unless you include the car itself. sigh such a bad loss.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:41 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by wariow
i can see 10g's in mods but not 20g's unless you include the car itself. sigh such a bad loss.
huh?

you realize Rims, tires and supspension can already cover $5,000
Old 08-20-2004, 03:57 PM

man so sorry to hear about your car. your car was probably my favorite on the .org and im very sad to hear that it is gone. good luck with the g35.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:02 PM
Always sunny in philly

when i saw this thread, i just thought it was another "got my car stolen" thread. But when i saw the thread creator, my heart dropped.

im sorry man.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by JoesMAX
alright first off... there were witnesses at the hotel that saw the whole thing happen from inside.. secondly, if someone was doing an insurance job, wouldnt they just let the car get stolen and not say they came outside to a gun pointed at them? not to mention the car was found the next day stripped... oh let me guess, he had friends come and strip the car and drop it off somewhere.. as he stated, he might not get ANY money for the modifications he did and if he does, he wont be getting nearly what he put into it.. why would someone do an insurance job on a car with $20k in mods? dont you think they would get premium insurance so the mods would be covered?

people on here fukin disgust me. tony is a good friend of mine.. the fact that there was a gun pointed at him while he watched some lowlife pieces of $hit take off in his car is enough... then to have people doubt the story is true? well i guess its kind of expected on the org huh?
just to let you guys know when my lease is up in 11 months im getting pretty much the same car tony just decided to get, is there something wrong with me having my next car planned out?

Old 08-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Kevlo for President

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear man. GLad you are ok. I hope you have fun with your new car.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:50 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Damn, first it was Sadler and now you. ****ing blows man. I know this might sound kinda bad but that's why I'm not into the exterior looks that much. The nicer the car looks the more of a chance it will be targeted. Sorry again man but at least you're staying in the nissan family.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:53 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Sorry to hear that, The important part is you are ok. That was one of the best Maxima's I have seen so far. There is a website that will send out request to all junky yards in NY area and NJ area. This might be a good chance, that you can find some of the parts. I am not going to post that link on here, but if you want it, Contact me on AIM. G35
Old 08-20-2004, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Redmax
My aunt stuck up the guys that tried to steal her car it was 3 of them in the car.....kind of detered them. So Donkey's senario is definately doable.

However with nothing in your hand I would have called the po-po

Arrafio I loved your car, it was an inspiration and I'm Sorry for the loss. I am not Accusing you at all but I have to look at both sides of the story and play with the devil dudes for a minute. If the car was alarmed with probably a viper alarm wouldn't the starter kill not have let the car start even if they push started the sucker?

I know this is like 10 pages long by now, but when he said they pushed the car, I was thinking the same damn thing.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by JoesMAX

...some people on the org are just plain ignorant A$$HOLES and need to be taught a lesson. Tony is one of my best friends and id do anything to back him up, so please dont even start talkin $hit if you know whats good for you!

I just cant even imagine to think why someone would say that hes pullin a scam... bunch of fukin douche-bags here i swear!

Ant
Old 08-20-2004, 05:58 PM
wat

Originally Posted by BP_3.5
lmmfao @ super thug! shooting at some old shoes in your back yard isn't training. and this ain't the matrix , this is the real world. if i have my gun pointed at you, you won't have any time to pull out your gun and get a shot off before i've dumped a couple rounds in your head. but i digress...cause you have training. lol.
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You need to take your gun (if you have even ever seen one) and shoot yourself in the head. I'll play along a little though. How much firearms training do you think your normal car thief has had? How many of them actually have bullets to begin with? And what do you think I would do? Go RUNNING out to the car, jump on top of it and say 'Freeze beeeyotches!!!!'?? I have NO DOUBT that as I approach, in the dark no less, from 40 - 50 feet away they would not be able to 'put two in my head' as you put it. I have NO DOUBT you would not be able to do it either (once you figured out how to load bullets or turn off the safety.) And I have NO DOUBT that the first second I see a gun or am threatened I am putting the person holding it down. So keep your sarcasm up and again, I inviite you to try someday.

[QUOTE=BP_3.5]yet you can confront and shoot at 4 guys stealing your car before they beat the living **** out of you and pistol whip you with your own gun. that's right cause you have training.

Again, your ignorance shines like a shooting star. Yes. I have NO DOUBT that I could easily confront and handle a situation like that with ease. Again, you assume I would be close enough for them to do anything about it. Keep assuming because I am dying over here @ how much of an **** your mouth is making you appear to be.

you've been watching too much tv or playing too many vid games. you come on here acting like you're super vigilante and can stop any crime with your super duper i dodge bullets and can kill you first cause i've got training gayness and expect me not to call you out when i know for a fact that shooting someone (in NJ) cause they're trying to steal your car will land you in jail? you must be

Again...your ignorance shines. It isn't about video games or tv shows...it is about my life experience and the training I have been through. Did I ever say I could 'dodge bullets' or I was 'super vigilante'? I merely stated I could EASILY suppress a situation where one or more armed criminals were trying to steal my car. So you can make your stupid jokes or wild accusations...but if it all boils down to proof, bring 3 of your friends and we'll test out my theory. You my friend are not 'calling me out' on anything. I understand what the law is and I am still telling you that I would not do a second in jail. However I accomplish that is my business. In the end, I am happy to just say I am glad the situation is fictional and I would never wish it to happen.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Originally Posted by ny96max
...some people on the org are just plain ignorant A$$HOLES and need to be taught a lesson. Tony is one of my best friends and id do anything to back him up, so please dont even start talkin $hit if you know whats good for you!

I just cant even imagine to think why someone would say that hes pullin a scam... bunch of fukin douche-bags here i swear!

Ant

People like to make comments, but they don't know how. .ORG is complicated for them.

Who in the right mind, would go, and do a Insurance job? After all the work they have done in the past 3 years, not to mention the money they have spend on their car? Do they think, they can make extra money by doing a insurance job??

Hey buddy let me know, so I can do that with my car. I need the Extra money. I work on my car for 3 years, I spend hefty amount of money into it, then I'll call couple of Pro Thief’s, I tell them I am done with my car, Can't do anymore mods to it, so here it is just take it Does it make sense? let’s think about it for sec?
Old 08-20-2004, 06:18 PM

lmmfao @ super thug! shooting at some old shoes in your back yard isn't training. and this ain't the matrix , this is the real world. if i have my gun pointed at you, you won't have any time to pull out your gun and get a shot off before i've dumped a couple rounds in your head. but i digress...cause you have training. lol.

yet you can confront and shoot at 4 guys stealing your car before they beat the living **** out of you and pistol whip you with your own gun. that's right cause you have training.

you've been watching too much tv or playing too many vid games. you come on here acting like you're super vigilante and can stop any crime with your super duper i dodge bullets and can kill you first cause i've got training gayness and expect me not to call you out when i know for a fact that shooting someone (in NJ) cause they're trying to steal your car will land you in jail? you must be

white power !!!!

lol.
While I can't say I know the specific laws of NJ I feel confident in saying that you are allowed to use force to prevent the theft of your property. So, yes you can confront thieves trying to steal your car and prevent the theft.

Ok, next question, the use of a firearm. In scenario one, you approach empty handed (but with a concealed weapon with appropriate permits) to prevent the theft, and one of thieves pulls out a gun and points it at you. Your life is in danger and you can protect your life with the use of deadly force. And yes, if trained, it is possible to pull out a weapon and shoot before or at the same time as a person with a gun already out and aimed. I know because I've practiced that exact scenario many times.

In scenario two, you're smarter. Knowing that you have a legally owned firearm and that your about to confront 4 thieves who are in the acting of stealing your property, you approach with it already drawn and aimed. You are using the threat of physical deadly force, which is not the same as deadly physical force, to prevent the theft of your property. If you shoot at this point you're wrong. If, however, one of the thieves produces a pistol, you are allowed to use deadly force if you fear for your life.

In summation, donkey is right, BP is wrong.

(Disclaimer...This post contains generalizations. Consult the use of force and self defense laws in your state )
Old 08-20-2004, 06:26 PM

F man that sucks but on the other hand you seem to have a new car in mind. Don't get me wrong I love my Max too but the G35, lets not kid ourselfs. This time add the flame thrower option.
Old 08-20-2004, 06:31 PM
† ErV †

Let's give it a concise try:

- Only in TX can you shoot someone to prevent theft of property. That means that in NY, no you cannot go out and open fire... and no you cannot threaten the thug with deadly force either.
- Since he pulled a gun, that would be considered deadly force on self and you would be within your limits to respond with the same (knife, bat, m15, whatever)
- In this situation if you shoot anyone other than the person holding the gun you leave yourself open for a lawsuit...
- If you stumble upon a car jacker and that person threatens you with deadly force (like here) you therefore will be legally entitled to self defense and take that person out. In this case you are not using deadly force to prevent property theft, but personal injury/death. Refer to the first point above for a rephrase..

And lastly, in NY a valid CCW is required for someone to purchase a (hand)gun from a dealer anyway, so how many people do you think even have them...

Old 08-20-2004, 06:36 PM
BP

Originally Posted by look2me40
And I have NO DOUBT that the first second I see a gun or am threatened I am putting the person holding it down....

...I understand what the law is and I am still telling you that I would not do a second in jail. However I accomplish that is my business.
ohhh i get it. on top of your training you must be "connected" too huh. and your bout it bout it steezo preceeds you so you're basically untouchable by the cops right. lol. now it all makes sense why you'd be able to kill four alleged car theives and not do a second in jail. well, it sounds like you've got it all figured out big guy. hopefully you don't wet your panties if you're ever confronted with the same situation but good luck!

even though i have a ccw and can be armed at any point in time i'd walk away and call the police if four possibly armed car theives want my car. now if i'm forced to defend my life or a loved one's life then that's too much too lose and i'd definitely react to eliminate the threat no matter the cost. but i won't risk my life or bystanders lives for my max.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:18 PM

OK, so where are the pictures if this car was stolen? I'm afraid I'm gonna have to lean towards this as being a setup of some sort...
Old 08-20-2004, 08:19 PM

wow, i still can't believe what happen to your car tony....hope everything works out and all...i just can't believe why some people would think you intentially mess up your car so the insurance will cover it? that right there just doesn't make sense....with all the hard work u put in your car just to have some low life drive it away and stripped is just F up!
Old 08-20-2004, 08:25 PM
wat

ohhh i get it. on top of your training you must be "connected" too huh. and your bout it bout it steezo preceeds you so you're basically untouchable by the cops right. lol. now it all makes sense why you'd be able to kill four alleged car theives and not do a second in jail. well, it sounds like you've got it all figured out big guy. hopefully you don't wet your panties if you're ever confronted with the same situation but good luck!

You are an idiot. First of all, let's get the scenario right. I see people breaking into my car. I go out there, creep around into an advantageous offensive position and yell out to them. At that point they either run or draw their weapons. Before they can even move I will put the ones or the ones with the weapons down. If they have weapons, my life is in danger and I wouldn't hesitate for one second to act. I have no doubt that a jury of my peers after knowing the situation would not convict me. I wouldn't be shooting someone to protect my car. I would be shooting someone to protect my life. Big difference.

even though i have a ccw and can be armed at any point in time i'd walk away and call the police if four possibly armed car theives want my car. now if i'm forced to defend my life or a loved one's life then that's too much too lose and i'd definitely react to eliminate the threat no matter the cost. but i won't risk my life or bystanders lives for my max.

That is nice. So you would do something different. I never said I would shoot people to protect my car. I am just trying to get through your thick skull that if someone pointed a gun at me, the situation would have been different. You come at me like you know me and trying to call me out. You obviously don't know jack and you sure as heck don't know me or what I am about. So keep your rolling eyes and italics to your self.
Old 08-20-2004, 08:54 PM

I like cheese, oh and this thread is done. thanks, move along