General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

The Nissan Maxima has turned "rice"...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 10:00 AM
dmontzsta

The Nissan Maxima has turned "rice"...

When I first started way back in the days, that is one of the biggest things I loved about Maximas (non-rice). Now that time has went on and more people have discovered the beauty of Maximas, they are turning rice. I notice if you do a search on ebay under "Nissan Maxima" you get flip flop trunks, altezzas, lights, etc...before cool stuff would pop up. Anyone else agree?

In short, it is mostly the owner of the car that makes it rice.

Old 10-04-2003, 10:21 AM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Nah, I think Nissans are pretty safe.

- First off, there is no VTEC kick-in.

- Secondly, Nissans don't make a lot of peak horsepower.

- Third, Honda is just way cooler.

- Fourth, the car with more peak horsepower will always win because that's all that matters.

Import "tooner" companies realize that kids these days have credit cards and aren't afraid to use them and pile up massive debt on useless crap, so I don't blame them for making garbage for every car under the sun.

I am so "anti-scene" that I don't even have clear corners on my car because it would identify me as part of something I don't want to be identified as being part of, and it would just encourage idiots in their little Honduhs to rev on me and do stupid crap trying to bait me.

I'd rather not.
Old 10-04-2003, 10:26 AM
Sports Button FTW

yea, i feel u dmontza, when my friend first told me about the maxima, he was not only interested in it because it was basically the best car for the buck as far as power, space, and reliability goes but it was one of those rare cars that a lot of young people dont drive. Mostly grabbed by the adult crowd and he didnt want to have a honda where every one in his age group had it and had there's hooked up. HOwever, the nissan maxima has gotten a lot more affordable and people are grabbing it and ricing it up a lot more than backin the day. Maxima doesnt have that great name it had back in the day...similar to my area which used to be peaceful and quiet, slowly turning into a ghetto....
Old 10-04-2003, 10:45 AM

I can feel you on the rice subject, but what really kills me is I was on my way to work the other day and drove past a site where they are building a new neighborhood and saw a Maxima sitting there in the mud. Now, what really burnt me up was that this was a 97 Max(I believe, but I know it was 4th gen) sitting on 18inch gold roadsters.

Now, I like wires on 64' Impalas, 83' Buick Regals, and such. (My brother has wires on a 80' Monte Carlo, looks like the on in Training Day.) But on new school cars, I HATE IT.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:24 AM

I agree with all of you guys. I've been seeing alot of riced out Maximas around where I live. I live in a college town (University of Kentucky) and for the longest time, there were only 3 modded Maximas around, myself included. But now a days, I see all sorts of Altezza clad Maximas ricing around with their loud, fart can mufflers. The other day a younger Maxima owner pulled up next to me at a light and told me that my car would look so much phatter with Altezzas and a neon kit. I just laughed.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

my car is sponsored by uncle ben's..
Old 10-04-2003, 12:51 PM
It's chrome alright...

if maximas are getting more "riced" it's because younger and younger people can afford more and more of them. All it shows is it's a popular car during times when people have a lot of excess money.

and I disagree about maximas becoming rice...they'll never catch honduhs or the notorious toyota corolla (at least in my area anyway)
Old 10-04-2003, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by thebigsadler
Old 10-04-2003, 01:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I agree, it is becoming a 'problem'. I've had more than a few new maxima owners who I've talked to say that the first thing they want to do is add Altezza's. That just kills me, and I'm not trying to start anything, but all but one of them (5th gen) owned 4th gens. They all wanted altezza's before a FSTB or other cheap yet very effective mods.
Old 10-04-2003, 03:51 PM

Let the flaming begin!

I understand some of what you guys are saying, but to me in most instances you sound like old grumpies. So what if a person is'nt interested going any faster than stock but wants to make their car unique. There are always going to be show cars and go cars and then those who like to blend the two. Were I live the whole rice thing has died down considerably. No more wind shield banners, brand name stickers everywhere, or GTR wings. There are still going to be the holdouts with aluminum wings and such just like people still hook up mini trucks. Chrome altezzas are just one of those things, but I noticed on this forum everything from carbon fiber hoods to bodykits are called RICE. So what exactly is rice to you guys. To me rice is:

Riding around on black steelies trying to look JDM
Z3 fenders without a bodykit
Unpainted bodykits installed
Vinly graphics fast and furious style
Huge wings(I mean enormous)
Those seat belt shoulder things with nismo, honda, etc on them
Loud azz muffler and stock cat back
Fake hood scoops
Old 10-04-2003, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Midknight MAXX
I understand some of what you guys are saying, but to me in most instances you sound like old grumpies. So what if a person is'nt interested going any faster than stock but wants to make their car unique.

Altezza's do not make your car unique
Old 10-04-2003, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by slizan99
Altezza's do not make your car unique
Do you read or just skim through it.
Chrome altezzas are just one of those things, but I noticed on this forum everything from carbon fiber hoods to bodykits are called RICE.
Old 10-04-2003, 04:23 PM

I'm 18, so I'm not an 'old grumpy'
I also dont even have clear corners on my car, I have some somewhere in the garage, but I dont think I'll ever put them on. I kind of like the stock lenses, its only an inch or two of amber and I think it looks clean the way it is. oh well.
Old 10-04-2003, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by MrGone
I'm 18, so I'm not an 'old grumpy'
I also dont even have clear corners on my car, I have some somewhere in the garage, but I dont think I'll ever put them on. I kind of like the stock lenses, its only an inch or two of amber and I think it looks clean the way it is. oh well.
I'm not trying to pick a fight with you guys. Trust me, I don't have a lot of cosmetic mods. I just get sick of everything being deemed rice. If you want your car to look clean/plain it's cool, but why hate on those that don't.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:00 PM
dmontzsta

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you guys. Trust me, I don't have a lot of cosmetic mods. I just get sick of everything being deemed rice. If you want your car to look clean/plain it's cool, but why hate on those that don't.
Because they dont know how stupid it looks. Like today I saw a corolla with a grey body kit the car was red and had red tint all around. People just dont know how stupid they are, it is like they are trapped within themselves. IT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD TO A MAJORITY OF THE PUBLIC.

Old 10-04-2003, 07:24 PM

I agree maxima's are getting riced out hell people are putting carbon fiber hoods and gun metal rims on them now....they should be shot...
Old 10-04-2003, 09:30 PM
dmontzsta

Originally Posted by Battle Max V2.0
I agree maxima's are getting riced out hell people are putting carbon fiber hoods and gun metal rims on them now....they should be shot...
that is not rice. If you had some altezza's and some graphics going up the side, with some silver tint, you would be straight.

Old 10-04-2003, 11:08 PM
NWP Engineering.com

To me rice is:

Riding around on black steelies trying to look JDM
Z3 fenders without a bodykit
Unpainted bodykits installed
Vinly graphics fast and furious style
Huge wings(I mean enormous)
Those seat belt shoulder things with nismo, honda, etc on them
Loud azz muffler and stock cat back
Fake hood scoops
To me rice is:

Z3 fender PERIOD.
ANY loud mufflers. (I love how a 5 series BMW can be quiet and fast)
75% of cars in Las Vegas
Every car that tries to race me (btw, they all lose)
And all the other things you said. (I can't think of anymore, you hit the nail on the head )
Old 10-04-2003, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by dmontzsta
that is not rice. If you had some altezza's and some graphics going up the side, with some silver tint, you would be straight.
first i have to say rice is nice.

i like the way things are now. back in the days there was nothing but stillen parts & maxima parking only signs at ebay.

today we have so many things to pick for our cars. it wasn't like this a few years ago.

what i hated the most was when some-one would say "you see 1 max you seen them all" this was because we all had the same parts. just different wheels with different color cars.

even today alot of ppl don't do what they want because of other ppl making fun of them.
Old 10-04-2003, 11:28 PM

whats a z3 fender ?
Old 10-05-2003, 03:11 AM
† ErV †

carbon fiber = way rice and fugly. imo..

Old 10-05-2003, 03:23 AM
V^___^V

although most u org people probably think i'm a ricer (especially the altezza), please just give me some few moments to defend myself.

no, i do not like altezza, and definetly the red/clears on 95-96 look a lot hotter. but why did i end up with altezza? cuz red/clears are hard to find! i got a great deal off ebay for those pair of altezza ($41, who can beat that price?) therefore i have it. i put it on cuz i hate the stock amber tails, IMO i think it's ugly. if anybody will mass produce the 95-96 tails and already have the product proven, i will be the first one that jumps on it.

and no altezza was not my first few mods. i had a K&N popcharger, then CAI, immediately followed by budget y-pipe. FSTB was also before altezza. yes my car may appearent to be more "ricy" than most you org members, but personally like the way it is, and definetly it my mods define my personality.

and no i do not have loud muffler with my b-pipe hangin. my magnaflow is only street series (2.25" inlet), and it is secured with nissan OEM gasket. like i said many times, it sounds nearly like stock.

alrite flames on...
Old 10-05-2003, 05:50 AM
Old Maxima Legend

Originally Posted by meccanoble
slowly turning into a ghetto....

around here the maxima is turning into a big pimp mobile ... spinners, 20 inch chrome/fake gold rims .. sagging trunks with heavy stereos , and massive sub boxes.... checker board tint !

all i can think is that back in the day the 4th gen was 20,000 and up, mine was 28,000 and got it for 23,000. Now many people can get a 4th gen for 4000-6000.

its a different crew !

Do I have anything against BIG PIMPIN ? NO
Do I have anything against extreme rice ? NO

Its just not my style.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by happyricefob
yes my car may appearent to be more "ricy" than most you org members, but personally like the way it is, and definetly it my mods define my personality.
Bingo....
i like my car stock, others like theirs with different cosmetics mods.Girlfriend has carbon fiber altezzas on her corolla and bootleg hubcaps, but its what she likes. mod your car to how you please. thats why its your car
Old 10-05-2003, 06:57 AM

i like looking at rice 'cause then i can see what my car would look like if i spent insane amounts of money on ebay and the flea market... i wouldn't frown upon or put people down for whatever they do to their car.. it's their car and their $$. the only thing i don't condone is when people drive like idiots around heavy traffic.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:26 AM

I second the people driving like idiots in heavy traffic thing. I hate it when people have to showboat around me, thinking that I'm gonna try and keep up (or make THEM try and keep up). Everyday on my way to work, I always find someone that wants to race me, although tempting, I just go on my merry way.

And on the rice thing, I don't see anything rice about a few subtle cosmetic mods (clear corners, red/clear tails, body kit, etc.), but I really can't stand the huge wings, huge exhaust tips, and excessive badging. You'll be lucky if you see me sporting any maxima.org decals on my car.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE
To me rice is:

Z3 fender PERIOD.
ANY loud mufflers. (I love how a 5 series BMW can be quiet and fast)
75% of cars in Las Vegas
And all the other things you said. (I can't think of anymore, you hit the nail on the head )

This is another thing that kills me. You are saying every car that tries to race you loses. Either noone tries you cause of your some what sleeper status, or noone around their has any engine swaps or turbos worth a damn. Unless I missed something you're running 14.8, mildly modded GSRs are running 14.5s.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:01 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

I remember a former org member saying something along THESE lines:
"....If people tell you your car is a rice rocket, forget about them. Your car is you, if we all looked the same, what type of community would we have anyways?"

'Nuff Said!!!
Old 10-05-2003, 12:08 PM

I wish I was superrice so I could be in super street and have hot models all over my car, but i drive a 4 door family sedan.........damnit
Old 10-05-2003, 12:17 PM

Has anyone seen those spinning hubcaps or know where I can get a set?
Old 10-05-2003, 12:23 PM

People just dont know how stupid they are, it is like they are trapped within themselves. IT DOES NOT LOOK GOOD TO A MAJORITY OF THE PUBLIC.
But that's the thing. Maybe some people just don't care what other people think as much as you do. You're truly trapped within yourself when you want to please everyone else instead of what you think is hot. You only have control of your car, not anybody else's, so deal with it.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron92SE

Didnt Andy beat you
Old 10-05-2003, 12:39 PM
will fly for food

Originally Posted by sofloMX
Has anyone seen those spinning hubcaps or know where I can get a set?
hhahaha ....you can get them at pepboys.. I've seen them on some cars around here... oh so funny!
Old 10-05-2003, 12:47 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by IwANnAMaX96
But that's the thing. Maybe some people just don't care what other people think as much as you do. You're truly trapped within yourself when you want to please everyone else instead of what you think is hot. You only have control of your car, not anybody else's, so deal with it.
gotta agree 100% on that
Old 10-05-2003, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by thebigsadler
Old 10-05-2003, 05:27 PM
dmontzsta

Originally Posted by 97GLES
i like the way things are now. back in the days there was nothing but stillen parts & maxima parking only signs at ebay.
damn, I miss those signs.

I want one...

Old 10-05-2003, 05:31 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally Posted by h2kFrosty
the "hahahaha....no" smilie. I've been looking all over for that!
Old 10-05-2003, 05:36 PM
dmontzsta

Originally Posted by IwANnAMaX96
I really dont care, I just like the clean look. I guess if people want to be clowned its ok. It is like seeing a guy walk down the street with pink and purple hair, some plad gold pants and some tie died shirt. Maybe he doesnt care what people think, but damn he is a dumb as$.

Old 10-05-2003, 05:54 PM

I really dont care, I just like the clean look. I guess if people want to be clowned its ok. It is like seeing a guy walk down the street with pink and purple hair, some plad gold pants and some tie died shirt. Maybe he doesnt care what people think, but damn he is a dumb as$.
I agree, rice is rice, it either goes fast or its just plain Uncle Bens.
Old 10-05-2003, 06:01 PM
NWP Engineering.com

This is another thing that kills me. You are saying every car that tries to race you loses. Either noone tries you cause of your some what sleeper status, or noone around their has any engine swaps or turbos worth a damn. Unless I missed something you're running 14.8, mildly modded GSRs are running 14.5s.
Well, I have lost to some cars. So far, I've lost 3 times. BMW 540 that runs 14 flat stock. b18c1 swapped Civic HB, which was a SLEEPER. And then a 2003 Lightning, which I didn't know was a lightning until he blew by me at 35mph. I felt dumb.

The rest are just cars that run slower than 14.8. Plain and simple. I haven't raced any V8 Domestics b/c they think he are in a completely different league. And plus, I will start losing a lot more when I come across more domestics and sleeper Hondas. But pretty much every Honda in Vegas is all rice. That's it. The people that pick on me, think they are in my league... and they ARE in my league if I was stock or mildy modded. But, they get it handed to them when they realize I'm far from stock.

I did come across a z31 Turbo that had a loud BOV and that's all I knew. He killed me by 3 cars before 30mph, then I made up the rest and passed him before I shut it down. VG torque owned me. But VE top end triumphed in the 1/4 mile.

I have a friend that races his GSR every weekend and he's out there everytime I go to the track. He is consistantly 4 to 5 tenths slower than me with his GSR with intake and catback. They are quick, but he's basically still stock. I have not come across modded GSRs... yet. My day will come b/c there are LOTS of Honda racers in Vegas. But only about 2% are considered sleeper status.

Quick Reply: The Nissan Maxima has turned "rice"...