General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

New product to dyno...Hyper Voltage

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 01:12 AM

New product to dyno...Hyper Voltage

So I got a PM from another org member that came across a new product from Sun Auto...the Hyper Voltage. It comes in 3 platforms low-mid, mid-high, and high. Since I've dealt with them in the passed with the Hyper Ground wires and I dyno tested them at XS Engineering about a year ago, and they used my car's results in Import Tuner (without my permission) I thought I'd try and get a deal on the dyno and testing. I was thinking since I have the Unorthodox Underdrive pulley that many of us have, the gains would be even greater, since we experience quite a voltage drop:

http://www.motorvate.ca/mvp.php/521

I've found this product online for about $140 and will see what kind of a price we can get after the research is done, but first, I'd like to see what kind of gains we may get.
Old 08-12-2003, 01:50 AM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....hreadid=239708
Old 08-12-2003, 05:25 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Old 08-12-2003, 11:05 AM

So what you guys feel is that this is just a waste. I do have a digital 1.0 farad capacitor that I have not hooked up yet, but I still think this product may have merit, especially for those with the underdrive pulley. Well I emailed Sun Auto and they responded to me:

Kevin,
First of all, thank you for allowing us to use your Maxima as a test vehicle for Hyper Ground. Those dyno results published in Import Tuner have boosted our sales considerably. For Hyper Voltage System, LR and HR types are $118, and MR type is $188. The MR type is the best, as it combines both the LR and HR. If you are available to let us use your car for some dyno runs at XS, we would be very thankful. Of course, we would arrange with XS to provide a break on any dyno fees. Our schedule for dyno testing has not yet been decided. best regards
Mark

I'm going to see what they can do on pricing and for dyno fees (I'd like to get my car dyno'd again anyways). So there really isn't a positive interest in this product then...I just don't want to waste my money. But I figure if I see a 3HP gain, better audio, colder AC, and stuff, I 'll be happy.
Old 08-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Our cars electrical system runs on 12.5 - 13.5 volts. Only at idle with a UDP will you maybe have a slight loss of voltage. As soon as you step on the gas, your alternator is spinning fast enough to produce the correct voltage/current to handle a normal load from coils, ECU lights, ect. Large stereo systems with 100 lb 100000 watt boom boxes in the trunk will definately be putting a load onto your system, they will also be cutting into your 1/4 mile times with just the weight of the equipment. At that point, whats the point of gaining 1-2 HP to over come the loss of time due to added weight? Your back where you started from.