General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

got a couple of scratches in the plastic lense of my HIDs-how can i get them out?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 08:52 PM

got a couple of scratches in the plastic lense of my HIDs-how can i get them out?

back at the beginning of december is snowed at school and that resulted in me scraping against another car in the parking lot.

the nose of the car on the driver's side scraped up against the bumper of a Land Rover from the headlight to the wheel well. damage is there but not really noticeable unless i point it but the headlight was left with two semi-deep scratches in it with some black from the bumper mixed in. i was wondering if there is anything i could do to buff the scratches out. ive used liquid scratch removers and it worked a tiny bit but the scratches are a little too deep i think. i may need the use of a power tool to do some hardcore buffing.

any suggestions?

ps. sorry but i dont have any pictures as of right now.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: got a couple of scratches in the plastic lense of my HIDs-how can i get them out?

Originally posted by Newman
back at the beginning of december is snowed at school and that resulted in me scraping against another car in the parking lot.

the nose of the car on the driver's side scraped up against the bumper of a Land Rover from the headlight to the wheel well. damage is there but not really noticeable unless i point it but the headlight was left with two semi-deep scratches in it with some black from the bumper mixed in. i was wondering if there is anything i could do to buff the scratches out. ive used liquid scratch removers and it worked a tiny bit but the scratches are a little too deep i think. i may need the use of a power tool to do some hardcore buffing.

any suggestions?

ps. sorry but i dont have any pictures as of right now.
Sorry buddy, to get that deep scratch out you will have to replace the lens
Old 01-09-2003, 10:16 PM

scratch

If they still bother you, you don't really have anything to loose by trying to get them out, worst case you would have to replace the headlight. I know 3M makes some stuff, what have you tried so far?
Old 01-09-2003, 11:57 PM

Re: scratch

Originally posted by CBass69187
If they still bother you, you don't really have anything to loose by trying to get them out, worst case you would have to replace the headlight. I know 3M makes some stuff, what have you tried so far?
ive only tried Turtle Wax "Scratch Out" i think its called.