General Maxima Accessories (All Generations) Parts and accessories relevant to all generations of Maximas.

CAN-Other Custom LED work/Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 PM

Custom LED work/Gauges

UPDATE: I AM NOT DOING THIS WORK ANY MORE. FOR THE RIGHT PRICE I WILL CONSIDER SMALL JOBS. I AM STILL SELLING PLUG AND PLAY ITEMS

I have the capabilites to make custom gauges, as well as lighting conversions for your vehicle. They will be made to your specifications as much as possible depending on application.

I work on more than just Maximas, but of course, they are my specialty. I'm working on a list of available colour schemes for all years, in the meantime, please email me for information.

.ORG members receive a 10% Discount!

What you get:
  • (Stock) OEM RELIABILITY, no cheap aftermarket crap, keep ALL your stock options, with the benefit of custom lighting.
  • Professional, tried and true installation, high quality components that will outlast your vehicle.
  • Well Honoured Warranty (You don't even get this with aftermarket gauges)
  • Will install Custom Incandecent lights if requested as well. Please note, some upgraded Incandcents need to be run on resistors (dimmer) because they produce excess heat.
  • No HotSpot Jobs available!
  • High Quality Gauges/Components, Most aftermarket gauges are cheap, maid in China/Taiwan junk, they're inaccurate, offer poor lighting, colours change after a few weeks/months, and they are famous for failing. They're also famous for not being even CLOSE to as crisp and bright .

Pricing is based on time spent, work necessary and cost of parts, contact me with your vehicle information, and what you're looking to do for a rough estimate

For information or a quote:
Contact Matthew through email at MickeysCustom@Hotmail.com

I also sell and install Tyutyunnik`s LED boards and bulbs, as well as many other LED LIGHTING components. Including bulbs for gauges, etc that are 'drop-ins'

For more information, or to purchase his products visit Tyutyunnik`s LED Ad
[/SIZE]

BEFORE:

After:

Rear Window swich Before:

After:

LED Front Marker Lights:

LED Reverse Lights & Licence Lights:

This is a pic of the smallest, dimmest LED I use: Picture taken in pitch dark room, flash off, exposure at lowest setting:

Here's a pic of interior Map/Dome lights wired to activate together without affecting MAP light function. This is the image you see when you press the unlock button.
Picture was taken in the dark, through closed door/window with 10% tinted windows:

Door open:

\

Dimmer Before:

Dimmer After:

Last edited by TunerMaxima3000; 12-07-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:01 AM

An update 'teaser' picture for you guys, I'm working on the "red zone" of the Tachometer right now, expect a much more uniform lighting, as well, there is a hotspot around 180km/h in this pic, that will be gone.

Being the perfectionist I am, the pictures pulled 2 very minor dim spots out of the old set-up (barely noticable in person). So I've fixed them as well in this pic:

One of the great things I've noticed about the gauges, is the needle work actually illuminates the bevelled ring around the gauges. For those of us without stock Chrome rings, this makes it 'glow/shine' as if there was a little ring around it, it's a pretty cool effect.

I can't wait to do an install on one that HAS chrome rings, that's going to look phenominal.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________

Last edited by TunerMaxima3000; 03-22-2011 at 05:05 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 05:05 AM

sure wish you were local
Old 03-22-2011, 06:47 AM

Wish you were local....I really want to do a green/red color scheme

Green numbers, red needles
Old 03-22-2011, 08:18 AM

Pick up a wrecker's gauge set and ship yours to me You can swap the wrecker's gauge in during the process. I have a current turn around time of under 72 hours, less if I receive a date of arrival (I can usually complete them in a day in this case).

So the time factor is mainly determined by what shipping you want.

It's all good either way, I don't need the work I have lots of 'local' guys interested (within 3 hours drive) as well as a bunch close by.

I'm looking forward to getting some more pictures up from the other jobs once completed as well.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:56 PM

im down like 4 flats on a tri-cycle, ill be sending you some guages very soon, how much we talkin?
Old 03-22-2011, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by TunerMaxima3000
Pick up a wrecker's gauge set and ship yours to me You can swap the wrecker's gauge in during the process. I have a current turn around time of under 72 hours, less if I receive a date of arrival (I can usually complete them in a day in this case).

So the time factor is mainly determined by what shipping you want.

It's all good either way, I don't need the work I have lots of 'local' guys interested (within 3 hours drive) as well as a bunch close by.

I'm looking forward to getting some more pictures up from the other jobs once completed as well.
I have an extra 2000 GLE gauge cluster lying around if anyones interested for the purpose of this conversion.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Blackwind
im down like 4 flats on a tri-cycle, ill be sending you some guages very soon, how much we talkin?
Pricing depends on gauge type (year, model) and what colour scheme you are looking to go with. As well as brightness required, etc.

If you're looking to get the same set up I have pictured, for a 2000/2001 SE, it will around $130-160 with my current pricing, NO TAXES, warranty included, no additional fees. Customer covers shipping.

And don't forget, .ORG members get an ADDITIONAL 10% off the total.

Contact me through email for specific pricing for your application:
MickeysCustom@hotmail.com
Old 03-23-2011, 07:10 AM

On my list of mods when I get a cash flow coming in

How much if I send you the gauges, i would like green numbers and red needles?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:40 AM

All PM's Sent, and Replied
Old 03-24-2011, 10:27 PM

Bump for Before/After update
Old 06-20-2011, 07:24 PM

Bump, been very busy and haven't been updating anything. Minor updates made.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:09 AM

Would you be able to convert the audio section of the center stack to leds? I recently removed it and found the bulbs weren't replaceable Would have to go a few days with no music though hahah
Old 07-15-2011, 08:03 PM

Actually, I'm out of the buisness for now. It's taking up too much of my time, something I lack a lot of now that I'm back to work full time.

Sorry to anyone who was waiting around to get stuff done (I know there were a few of you).

I may come back to it later on, or do things once in a while, but for now, no more orders. I'll delete this thread in a bit, just wanted to let everyone know.