General Maxima Accessories (All Generations) Parts and accessories relevant to all generations of Maximas.

FS: shift knobs (0swego il.) will ship*

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 05:22 PM

Id be willing to bet if you got some good solid pictures of your product on here you'd have a lot of serious buyers. The ***** on your photobucket look great, and your prices sound great for a custom deal such as this. I'm definitely interested in something heavy (steel) but I think I'm going to try to draw up a little design of my own and take advantage of your skills. I think the sphere sounds good in theory but might not actually be the best.
I'll get back to you.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:34 AM

yeah man i know. we had some pics taken of the actual workshop and all the shift ***** i have made but i dont know where they went. that was last year. haha

but ill have my brother take some good pics as i DO NOT have a nice camera and he has an amazing camera.

and also, the photobucket pictures are not only blurry, but they are of my old shift ***** before i was good at it. they are pretty much the first couple i have ever made. so i would like some of my better, newer, shinier work. haha

but hey my friend cesar, from G20.net has one of mine and hes a pretty good friend of mine so im sure hed back me on good products. and on g20.net i have some decent reviews.

but i can do steel dude, if you want one let me know and we can talk about price and what exactly you want. and draw out a design and ill try my best to replicate it and make you another happy "hermann brothers **** factory" customer
Old 11-18-2008, 07:21 AM

so you have to paint the steel, how does the paint hold up though? I am afraid it will wear off or something with a lot of use.

are these aluminum? I'm thinking aluminum might not heat up in the car like steel.

Last edited by chillin014; 11-18-2008 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:02 PM

i dont HAVE to paint the steel, but it rusts like a B#$&@... within like 24 hours it starts... i can finish it, wrap it in paper towels and put it in an air tight baggy and ship it and you can paint it yourself if that works better for you. but i would paint it. but my paint holds up very well. i use industrial paint (5 coats), i get it off of my friend who paints HUGE air conditioners for industrial buildings. very very strong stuff, iv had my steel one in my car for over a year, not even a scratch on it and iv hit it with my keys several times, and dropped it. its fine. as long as you dont wear sand paper gloves or clean it in paint thinner i think youll be ok. haha.

and the 2 in the picture ARE aluminum. and yes the aluminum stays quite a bit cooler, still hot, but not steel hot.

and that picture was in a customers car... we were fitting it in there seeing what he liked better... to prove its good stuff, he still uses that one. and hes come back for more. and hes a very well known and respected tuner (not a "tuner", like ECU's and stuff) "jmhalder" if you havnt heard of him, type his name into google. hes done some crazy stuff.. and has a wicked fast 240. he will back me up. hes gone through several cars, several motors, and still runs ONE shift ****. im proud to say its mine! woooo!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:10 PM

Well. I trust you haha. I'll probably go with steel. I really like that upside down teardrop design on the left (being held in hand) in that picture I just posted. Sorry I cant give you any specs, you're the one with the experience though, I just want something of that shape average sized. That "chrome"/polished finish would be preferred as well if you can do that with steel. If not...a light silver color.
PM me a quote.

Oh and I need to make sure that this will thread onto a b&m short throw shifter in case I decide to upgrade.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:46 PM

well there is somewhat of a delay on these things, the owner of the shop i work out of is having some pretty severe family problems. his baby girl is very sick, and hes having some difficultys getting into the shop, and that means I have a difficult time getting in.
but it should be going again soon. just sucks for now, hold tight!
Old 11-23-2008, 02:26 PM

im in for a ****...
Old 11-24-2008, 11:12 AM

watcha lookin for?
Old 11-24-2008, 06:12 PM

Any updates on that ****?
Old 12-02-2008, 06:05 AM

ok, well anybody that is still interested after my long break, im sorry i havnt been responding to anyone.

well, as i said previously, the owner of the shop i work out of has been having a very hard time getting into the shop lately. with thanksgiving, his daughter being as sick as she is, and now the 40 mile drive in the snow to get here. and he has a lawsuit for having wood inside of the welding area, nothing bad happend, but they like picking fights i guess. that wood was there for 22 years. before i was born!

anyway, i havnt really had a good chance to get in there to get some ***** cranked out. i will be soon though, i wanted to update. i feel very bad about not being able to get them out to you guys.

give me another week. im going in to talk to him at 10:40 and i will see what he says.

thanks guys.
gunnar
Old 12-07-2008, 02:48 PM

Hey I will be interested if you can make them. Let us know. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:43 PM

to all:

the shop i work out of has been closed for sometime now, they re-open 2marro...

the owner had some problems at home as well as with his other business. he builds model A and model T fords and just finished with a $250,000+ model T and that is what was holding him back from the shop. as i said, hes back now, starting 2marro ill head over there and see when i can get in shop time. i completely understand if anyone who WAS interested is now not, its been a while and i havnt been able to get ANYTHING done. but if you are still interested, ill drop prices that i previously quoted. im a fair guy, we can talk.

so anyway. sorry to all who were interested. im back! just had quite a few rough months. but... im back for good now.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:16 AM

I'm still interested and I sent you pm's. No answer? Let me know. I need a new one.