Fluids and Lubricants Motor oil, transmission oil, radiator fluid, power steering fluid, blinker fluid... wait, there is no blinker fluid. Technical discussion and analysis of the different lubricants we use in our cars.

CAN AMSOIL REALLY DO THIS??? Please share your Amsoil stories...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 04:40 PM

CAN AMSOIL REALLY DO THIS??? Please share your Amsoil stories...

I don't know if you guys have seen this before, but kindly check this link out and let me know if you believe in this or not. Is this real or unreal? We are talking about....., just click on the link below to see;

http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2578.pdf

999,999,999, that is ONE MILLION MILES ON A VEHICLE!!!

Do you guys have any good Amsoil stories or reviews to share? Good or bad.

I have been wondering what would be the best synthetic oil for me to run in my car. After all my kinda extensive research so far, I have seen there are some very good products out there, but just depends on personal choice and how much you are willing to invest into what goes into your car.

My choice now is Amsoil for its reliability and longetivity, and I intend to use it for a very very long time, except it proves otherwise to me.

Last edited by PetitFrereMaxima; 07-04-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Kevlo for President

I believe it is the best oil based on my research and looking at many oil analysis's, I just put their SSO in my G35 and I did run their engine flush right before that. It runs great but only time will tell. Many people say oil is oil. But on my past experiences with Mobil1, that is simply not the case.

I am going to use Amsoil from now and on I am going to use it in each vehicle. Another thing you need to know is that the oil can only great if you use a great filter along with it

PM talkinghorse if you want some amsoil deals, let him know I sent you he will hook you up.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:18 PM

Thanks men. Nice to know. My car is about to get to 30k and it will be my first time to use synthetic and I WILL GO WITH AMSOIL. I am convinced already. Just curious to see what a lot of people have to say on the org.

Please, tell me about the flush. Did you do that before starting with your first Amsoil? Why did you do the engine flush? Is it necessary? Is it advisable?

I have already PMed talkinghorse. He is a real talkinghorse.....! He gave me sooooo much details about Amsoil and is willing to hook me up! He is the one that really got me into researching a lot more and I have my conclusive results now. He is a good dude. It will be AMSOIL for me all the way till FOREVER.

I think it is something to tell people and ask them to give this a shot.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:19 PM
Kevlo for President

I used the engine flush just to clean it all out. My motors are older than yours. It is not needed but it is fairly cheap so I went ahead and did it.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by PetitFrereMaxima
I don't know if you guys have seen this before, but kindly check this link out and let me know if you believe in this or not. Is this real or unreal? We are talking about....., just click on the link below to see;

http://www.millionmilechevy.com/

999,999,999, that is ONE MILLION MILES ON A VEHICLE!!!

Do you guys have any good Amsoil stories or reviews to share? Good or bad.

I have been wondering what would be the best synthetic oil for me to run in my car. After all my kinda extensive research so far, I have seen there are some very good products out there, but just depends on personal choice and how much you are willing to invest into what goes into your car.

My choice now is Amsoil for its reliability and longetivity, and I intend to use it for a very very long time, except it proves otherwise to me.

((NB: I just posted this thread on another section, but was intended for this section. How can I delete the thread from the other section?))
You better perform UOA's if you plan on running this for any length of time, plus it will save you some money since Am$oil is so pricey.

Here is an excellent thread on oil, UOA (Used Oil Analysis) and more than you ever wanted to learn about oil and your VQ35DE.

http://my350z.com/forum/engine-and-d...-and-info.html

M1 0w40 would be my recommendation especially for this engine -

http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...l_1_0W-40.aspx
Old 07-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

The story is real. I've been associated with AMSOIL for well over 25 years and they thoroughly verify testimonials before printing them. In fact there was a misprint in the publication which I caught when it was first published and AMSOIL recalled the brochure and corrected it when I brought it to their attention.

The subject of the story runs a courier business and he literally lived in that van while traversing the country delivering packages. He changed oil and filters pretty much in line with AMSOIL's extended drain recommendations and he was able to get tremendous service from the engine with minimal wear. He also used AMSOIL ATF in the transmission and has had no problems with it after a milion miles. While most motorists will never achieve a million miles on a single vehicle, the use of AMSOIL extended service intervals, saved money, contributed to component reliability, and enabled the operator to run his engine (and transmission) far longer than most. The average motorist can also enjoy those same benefits.

In addition to servicing folks on this site and others for many years, I also have several retail and commercial accounts. Several years back, I registered a County transportation dept as an AMSOIL Commercial Account and they installed AMSOIL in ~100 sherriff patrol cars. Those cars are on the road 24/7 and the workload in maintaining the vehicles was overloading the maintenance dept. They switched the Ford Crown Vics over to AMSOIL engine oil, ATF and gear oil and the maintenance backlog was eliminated. The county uses Wix filters (which I also carry) and they change the filter, perform a UOA and top off the oil at 10K, then drain it at 20K. No abnormalities to date with the analyses. Maintenance Superintendent was also telling me that the rear diffs on those cars are troublesome...absolutely no problems since installing AMSOIL gear oil.

AMSOIL is not a miracle product; but considering the performance and benefits, its an outstanding value particularly if one intends to keep their vehicle(s) for a long time. See post in Group Deals section http://forums.maxima.org/group-deals...ubricants.html

Last edited by talkinghorse; 07-02-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 06:47 AM

I like that phrase..., "AMSOIL is no miracle product". I hope people reading this should pay attention to that phrase he used. So far, I am just convinced by the stories that it seems it really offers outstanding performance and benefits to someone's car.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:40 PM
boost me.....

Originally Posted by PetitFrereMaxima
I like that phrase..., "AMSOIL is no miracle product". I hope people reading this should pay attention to that phrase he used. So far, I am just convinced by the stories that it seems it really offers outstanding performance and benefits to someone's car.
I run amsoil flud in my tranny...Its top notch in my opinion.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:31 PM
Banned

I wouldn't bother spending the extra money for Amsoil in your Max. I have a 93 Max that is high mileage in severe city driving, and it's used cheap regular oil it's entire life, motor still has good compression and leakdown test. For the amount of money you'll spend in difference, you could probably overhaul the engine at the halfway point of mine, and still be ahead.

Now Tranny, that could be a different story. Once my tranny overhaul is done, I'll start it on Amsoil Syn. Only because the drain interval is pretty high so the cost difference to me is worth it. Keep in mind I'm still running the original RE4F02A and it's never been serviced and has run off cheap dyno ATF it's entire life too, so even the ATF upgrade could be a waste, although a lesser waste.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:31 PM

Well I got some Amsoil and the main reason is the longer change interval. I wont drive my max maybe 5000 mi year and just like the added protection. I will change my oil in 6 month no matter if I only put 1500 miles because of oxidation and things. I'll have to say Talkinghorse is a great person to get it from too. helped me with it all.

I know 2 other people that use it and have 250k to 300k on there vehicles that use it and have no probs. So that also gave me more confidence in it.
Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Kevlo for President

For my three cars, using amsoil will save me money compared to other synthetics so that is another plus.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:36 PM
SHIFT_om nom nom nom

AMSOIL +xMT = happy shifting