Fluids and Lubricants Motor oil, transmission oil, radiator fluid, power steering fluid, blinker fluid... wait, there is no blinker fluid. Technical discussion and analysis of the different lubricants we use in our cars.

"Hypermiling"

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 03:50 PM

"Hypermiling"

Did anyone see this on cnn.com today? http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tec...ypermiling.cnn This guy is nuts. Is it just me, or would your starter go out a heck of a lot quicker doing what this guy does? I didn't know these accords had a trip computer in them. It doesn't have the hybrid wheels, so...... What do you guys think?

Last edited by AEMAXIMA01; 06-03-2008 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:56 PM

That seems to be only one part of it.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:10 PM
♠♠♠♠♠

I think there's a lot more wear on everythign when you're doing this, especially in an auto which his was. Always manual shifting, constantly turning on and off the car, etc. At the end of the day though, he likely save thousands a year on fuel and if you buy a quality car to begin with, the risks are probably lower.

I try to 'hypermile' a bit as well. Not nearly as hardcore as that guy, but planning a few lights ahead, not on the gas when you don't need to be, reducing using the brakes, etc.