Dyno Discussion and Slips Discussion and a moderated "Dyno Slips" sub-forum to allow for posting of dyno slips.

My A34 Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 01:57 PM

My A34 Dyno

Alright first off , Some as you may or may not know Im still missing 3rd Gear on my 5AT , Everyone told me to go against doing this cause the dyno may put alot of load and stress and destroy whats remaining of my tranny.

It was a Dyno day for 3 pulls for $35 bucks with A/F , these guys DO NOT TUNE UTECs so this was just a basic pull, I end up doing 6 Pulls,

Now I brought my usb zip drive but they said the programs they use wont work on my PC ( I dunno why ) I took Vids and I have a print out that my buddy scanned but it looks very ****ty, My buddy with the TTZ went with me and a few others as they were witness and pretty much shocked what I made.

I was acutally aimming for LOW that way I wouldnt get dissappointed ,

it was drizzling down here in South Fl with 86 degres weather.

My First Run

I know you can SEE $H!T but I will try and rescan it or go back to the shop and get copys.
Here is the Vid

First Run I made 241 HP and 252 TQ

Heres another Vid

The last 3 Dynos were very close , My Personally Best was

265 Hp with 271lbs TQ ,

Also please consider this , I was debating all night if I should ride on my 17 350z wheels, But how many times do I really use those wheels unless im going to the Track ? Factoring in that im dyno'in on 20inch wheels.

Also when the guy was doing the 4th gear pulls, towards the top of 4th he felt the tranny slipping , he said it didnt seem to hold anymore ( duh ) He knew the fact I didnt have 3rd gear , he was telling me if I get the tranny replace or built , I should have gain a little tad bit more, The tranny did start smoking a little and you could smell it...

One more thing was I reset the ECU last night , use my OBD2 scanner to clear the codes, my EGR is still open because it was never plummed back into my exhuast system.

Also I messed with the UTEC before with my laptop on the street, but I had reset it back to a 350z Base Map set for intake and exhuast, I didnt want to screw with the AFR and Timming.

So this is what im at now with the money ive spent into the motor,

Again the next BIG thing is a finding myself a 06 tranny and having it Built, Im going against the 6spd just cause of gearing seems better on a 5AT , After the bugs are worked out , hopefully I will be the 2nd turbo A34 ,

Also the reason I blew 3rd was because I was spraying , I had also sold the n2o kit to my Fab guy , I wish I had it on hand to dyno with the juice..

All and all im pretty happy where I stand right no All Motor Minus 3rd Gear.

I will try to get clearer charts /runfiles

Mods :
VIAS Block Plate
Cosmo Racing Pulley
NWP Spacers
Ported Runners
Headers
True Dual Exhuast
Greddy Muffs
UTEC
Sun HyperForce unit
Fijita Intake
Old 10-04-2008, 03:16 PM

damn thats a healthy motor.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:05 PM

damn nice numbers especially considering your 5AT. I wonder hwat you'd put down if you were 6spd.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:31 AM
My axles cry for mercy...

nice curve alan.

what shop is that?
Old 10-05-2008, 07:31 AM

Why so much variation? I see one for 215whp and some in the 230's on the graph posted, then you say your best of the day was 265whp??
Old 10-05-2008, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by essential1
nice curve alan.

what shop is that?
STP , Stephone by Peters and 441 , Dyno day 35 bucks 3 pulls, My buddy with that Red TT Z was with me a few others to witness it, they was as shock as I was cause I was thinking im making pretty low , but with a slipping tranny and power not holding..well you get the point, and youve seen what we did during I-595 - I-95 that night seeing your I30t flying past the rest of the group and caught up with me

Originally Posted by PlanoSER
Why so much variation? I see one for 215whp and some in the 230's on the graph posted, then you say your best of the day was 265whp??

First Run was 241 hp 252 TQ , the back to that one it wasnt even cooled down , and the 3rd run he was trying a 2nd gear pull , on a 5AT once he hit the limit it will automatic shift into 3rd gear, Since I had no 3rd gear power just drop.

After that I let the car cool down and after debating again I wanted to dyno one more time.

All 4th gear pulls, Tranny is slipping so the power curves are dropping , Also my UTEC is just on the base map , I dont remember if I raise the rev limiter or not since the night before I decide to just erase alll codes and reset the ECU .

Once I get this tranny issue fix im sure I can be more consisitant.

Again sorry for the crappy runfiles, I dont have a scanner so I had my buddy scanned and email it to me.

and I had a USB zip drive on hand but they said it wouldnt show up on my PC because the program they use.
Old 10-05-2008, 12:08 PM

Maybe I am missing something, but all I see on the dyno chart posted is whp figures of:215, 232, 234 --> not sure where you are getting 241 or 265whp from, but I will take your word for it till we see better charts/runfiles.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:54 PM

Maybe I am missing something, but all I see on the dyno chart posted is whp figures of:215, 232, 234 --> not sure where you are getting 241 or 265whp from, but I will take your word for it till we see better charts/runfiles.
I have to agree with Plano on this one Alan, I really dont see where the 241 or the 265 come from. PLEASE re-scan that into a readable page
Old 10-07-2008, 09:38 PM

First Run

I have another vid but its too large that I had to upload it to Youtube.. its going to take 24 hours to load..

My last run and im sorry to forgot to mention was running on 110 octane since I basically was on E , I had 110 octane and c16 on hand for my buddy with a TT Z , and it was acutally a 7th run since he ran one of my earlier runs in 2nd gear which was a no no , we also let the car cool down for 30 mins on the last run, fans were on full blast , weather outside started getting colder cause it was raining.
The last run is on file at the shop, I just havent had the chance to get over there. I was there early moring to beat the crowd , hoping no one else see what I would make cause I thought I wouldnt make much. I was suprise , I never dyno a N/A car before.. all my other cars were boosted so I always had higher hp hopes...

The first 5 runs were almost back to back , one of the runs he decide to try 2nd gear, he ran it all the way and it switch to 3rd which just went plain FLAT , the solenoids is shot on 3rd, you gotta whine 2nd to at least 40mph and UP SHIFT 3rd and then 4th, once in 4th theres a slight lag and slippage , but then it picks up, most of the drop is around 5k, the tranny is just not holding up, considering the UTEC isnt tuned , I think I did pretty decent.

My EGR isnt plummed into the headers ( CEL )
I have no cams, or ssim mod
and running 20 inch wheels.
and no more spray.(which is why I lost 3rd in the first place )
slippage 4th and blown 3rd gear..
Base map 350z on the UTEC

Well Nissan never made really good transmission , Im hoping to find a local shop that can build one up with a transgo shift kit and the whole 9.

I just got my TurboXs Tunner WB in today,
Still doing some research with the MREV2 , my fab guy wants to do the ITBs , hes not going to charge what others guys payinng but its still a lump some.

Were working on the ITBs on a VQ and it should be done by the PRI show in Orlando , heres the info for the show and he will be setup in a booth (info on the bottom ) we already sent a set of ITBs to injected performance for the 350z , its been a big debate over at my350z over these, It makes power but Im not sure if thats the route imma go since im planning on boost soon.

Info on the show in Dec 11-13 www.performanceracing.com

the shop that does my work is
http://www.emeraldperformance.com , hes a smaller company from the UK that does Jenvey ITBs ,and standalones , my fab guy is sick with custom setups , if you can think it , he can build it.

Im pretty sure I would have made a lower # if i was still running the greddy exhuast , im running true duals and 2.25 piping (IIRC), just enough for back pressure and not too large to lose anything.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXtUPWC5LkQ
Old 10-08-2008, 09:13 PM

Alan I want those run files lol. I SAW the 241whp # but what I want to see if it was from a spike or actual power. I do believe you have that much power but Im still wondering where the heck the 265whp # came from.

That dyno program will show just fine on my computer! its WinPEP, that's the dynojet software, so it can read it just fine. The dyno people seem to have just been lazy lol
Old 10-08-2008, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by 95BLKMAX
Alan I want those run files lol. I SAW the 241whp # but what I want to see if it was from a spike or actual power. I do believe you have that much power but Im still wondering where the heck the 265whp # came from.

That dyno program will show just fine on my computer! its WinPEP, that's the dynojet software, so it can read it just fine. The dyno people seem to have just been lazy lol
I had this dyno at STP , Rob was over there tonight , i'll see if he can take my zip usb drive there. I'll also ask my buddy with the TTZ , he took the vids on all my runs, im sure he has it.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:34 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

Did the TTZ jump on the dyno? That thing is quick.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by essential1
Did the TTZ jump on the dyno? That thing is quick.
its going back to the shop for some extra add ons and pulls.. the spark plugs where fouling out when he hit high boost, were replacing them and re-dyno the TTZ
Old 10-10-2008, 12:26 PM
dot dot dot ...

As always, remember your runfiles.