Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

FW1 Waterles wash, and wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 12:40 PM

FW1 Waterles wash, and wax

What dou you guys think of this FW1 stuff?? i used it the other day, and i am very **** about waterless products, but i tried it, and it was great! but if i use it again, i will prob wash the car first. but it did a good job on the rims, and all the windows. anyone else have any experiance with it?
Old 07-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Doctorate in Detailing

Link to the product?

I've had good results with ONR.

But washing your car before washing it again with FW1 doesn't seem to make sense, or am I missing something?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:48 PM

here is a link. http://www.fastwax.com/

i got a year supply for $25.00
Old 07-14-2007, 06:07 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Originally Posted by PearlWhtMaX2000
here is a link. http://www.fastwax.com/

i got a year supply for $25.00
I'm not sure about that product. I was thinking it was a 'one bucket' waterless wash. I'd be leery about using a spray on product that claims to clean and wax. Given that, I'd agree with you about washing the car first and then using the spray.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:28 AM

yeah, i mean i tried a small area first without water just to see how it works, and it worked well, but I would still be afraid to scratch the paint. But as a wax it is great because it is so easy i waxed the entire car in about 15-20 min. i usually use mothers wax, but this stuff had the same shine and smoothness to it.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Very sound, Mike

I use Poorboy's and it works well if all you've got is dust, for anything more it's recommended to do it the old-fashioned way.

FW may be the same, PB has a note saying if it gets difficult wiping the dirt away then it's time for a real wash.

I like these WW's because it helps keep the car clean between real washes.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:21 AM
VIP Maxima

that would scratch your paint sooner or later. besides, i cant justify cashing out $40 worth of towels just to avoid water.

Old 07-16-2007, 11:18 AM

Waterless washes just aren't worth it to me. I would rather just spend the $5 over at the touchless car wash or better yet take it to the self-wash for $2 and get a much better job done than those waterless washes.

I live in an apartment complex so I know the pain of not being able to wash your car properly. My solution is to get a good quick detailer, and a duster, and every couple days just dust it off (when it is completely dry) and quick detail it. Takes about 15-20 minutes, but it looks stunning every single day.

FYI, this is a black car in the Southern California sun. Unless you live somewhere where it rains almost every couple days with water that is harder than Socal water (which I have yet to see!), then trust me when I say that this is the best solution I have come up with so far. Only maybe once every month or two do I actually wash it, and at that point I do a quick clay, quick wax, and call it a day.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:19 PM

i have 2 boxes of the fw1 its great.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:59 PM

yeah,but i will be buying too many cloths just to get my car clean.
Old 03-08-2008, 07:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I was at a Shell station today, there was a FW1 rep doing demos and offering a discount... 2 cans for $30 IIRC.

He used it on one of my doors, a window, and a section of a wheel. I was skeptical, but I have to say the results looked impressive considering how little effort he put in. If my paint wasnt in horrible condition I might've considered buying some.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:47 PM
That's Mr. Detail to you

Honestly, save your money, or only use it on a relatively clean vehicle. The 'wax' in it isn't going to be very durable either.

One of those guys tried to show me on my car and I told him to keep his crap and his nasty cotton towels away from my car. No telling how much crap was in his towels and they weren't microfiber.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

wicked wax

this fw1 wax is off the hook one real good wax that i used on my cadi escalade shines up very beautiful..
Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Just the tip.

I have a few cans of this stuff. I dont detail with it though. Usually the only time I'll use it is if I've already washed and waxed the car and it gets a bit dirty on the drive somewhere. Then its just used for touching up.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

FW1 on glass/plastic

I got a gas station demo too. Being very skeptical of their claim that it won't cause swirls, I wasn't entirely happy with the fact that the guy just walked up, sprayed the stuff on my car and wiped it off with his filthy rag without asking... but the truth is my car does need a wash, polish and wax pretty badly, so he didn't really do any harm that won't be fixed by the work I was planning to do anyway.

My question is this: How does the stuff do on glass and plastic?

For glass, he said water beads off, it shines and protects from fingerprints/smudges, and it doesn't streak, and he applied it to a window to demonstrate. Seems too good to be true, but it worked. Has anyone noticed any drawbacks on glass? Any haziness or anything? Any reason not to apply to exterior and interior glass? If not, I'm looking forward to no more little handprints on my windows!

As far as plastic, here's the background behind my question: My Max is a 2000 model. After a few years putting up with the scraped up, sticky grey matte mess they called an interior trim finish in those days, I finally soaked the trim pieces in rubbing alcohol and scrubbed the crap off, revealing a shiny black plastic that actually looks pretty nice bare. There are only 2 small issues... it shows fingerprints and smudges like no tomorrow, and it gets light swirl-like scratches from regular plastic polishes (probably could've been avoided had I known that to start with, but it's a done deal now).

So, with all the fillers this FW1 stuff must have in it, and the fingerprint/smudge resistance the wax demonstrates, I'm thinking this stuff could be perfect! It says it works on and is safe for non-porous plastics, but I was hoping someone could confirm from experience how it does and/or let me know if you think I'm safe to try it on these trim pieces... ? Am I right in assuming that this very shiny plastic is probably non-porous?

Also if anyone has any tips/recommendations for application, that would be nice. I do not plan to use this product as prescribed on paint. I do plan to wash all surfaces I do apply it to before application.

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Maxcellent; 10-07-2010 at 09:27 PM.