Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

Paste waxes from Meguiar's

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 09:51 AM

Paste waxes from Meguiar's

I'm claying and waxing my car today, doing it late during the day for the car to be cold to the touch. I'm trying to decide which paste wax to get and I'm only looking at two right now:

NXT Generation Tech Wax Paste
or
Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax

Which one should I buy? I'm leaning toward the Gold Class for now, it seems to remove light swirl marks which apparently the NXT doesn't.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:25 PM

NXT for sure. much glossier from my experience. And it too will remove some swirls. Spend the extra 5 bucks my friend, you won't regret it.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:02 PM

I have used both and I feel the NXT does not last as long as the gold class...but the NXT comes off VERY easy during buffing, and the gold class seemed much harder to get off. I put on the gold class exactly 1 month ago an d its holding up well to al the recent rain but I can tell I need to re-wax soon. You better not BEGIN to start until about an hour from now...its still very sunny and hot outside.

edit: I used the liquid, not the paste.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by slickrick
I have used both and I feel the NXT does not last as long as the gold class...but the NXT comes off VERY easy during buffing, and the gold class seemed much harder to get off. I put on the gold class exactly 1 month ago an d its holding up well to al the recent rain but I can tell I need to re-wax soon. You better not BEGIN to start until about an hour from now...its still very sunny and hot outside.

edit: I used the liquid, not the paste.
OK Gents, thanks for the advice. I got the Gold Class Paste anyway and yes, did it last night.

I went all out, since I got my car at the end of March the few times I've washed it and noticed a lot of 'texture' on the paint. I used Meguiar's clay, worked really nice. Then used the paste and the car looks amazing.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

A lot of Meguire's fans use both. They put a layer of Gold Class wax then protect it with NXT tech wax. Gold Class as any carnauba wax gives the deep gloss while the NXT protects it as it is considered to be much better protector.