Detailing Discuss how to make your car sparkly clean for car shows, local meets, or any other reason. What products do others use and how do we get them? Get your questions answered in here.

My review on Zaino Fusion Polish & S100 Paste Wax ... w/ pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 10:43 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

My review on Zaino Fusion Polish & S100 Paste Wax ... w/ pics!

Hi all,

Just wanted to drop my opinion on two products I tried out this weekend ... Zaino Fusion Z-PC & S100.

By the end of my detail spree, I also used Klasse AIO, Klasse SG.

products:

Zaino ZPC

Got this green bottle from zainobro's websites ... I have Z1 & Z2 .. awesome polishes and layers real well. I've always been partial towards Klasse AIO & SG though ... found it to be noticeably better on my black paint.

Now that the season to detail is back for me , had to buy this product. The ZPC is Zaino's first Dual-Action-Cleaner-Polish (abbrasive). So far, I've been using Einzett Paint Polish and Ultra Paint Polish w/ yellow cutting pad - I think ZPC is going to replace this set for me now!

paint w/ some noticeable swirls on the door panels:

ZPC definately cleaned up the minor swirling that was the paint. What was noticeable was the squeaky clean finish after using it on the paint. It went on and off the paint very easily too.

There's no cure time necessary for ZPC since it's cleaner polish ... once you're done with it on the paint, just start layering your polish. Usually, Z2 is the best follow up polish for it .. however, I opted to go with Klasse AIO and 1 layer of SG.

I took this shot in the morning ... this includes ZPC + Klasse + 1 layer of SG:

S100

There's some contraversy if S100 is just P21S renamed, for motorcycles. Well, from my research online, I found that there is some difference between the two. Besides the obvious bottle and name change, the product S100 has a more yellower tint ... apparently due to an extra additive for flexing. IMO, bottom line is it's half the price ($15) and can be found locally at bike shop / Harley Davidson Dealership.

I used the applicator pad that it came with and it applied real smooth and I buffed off right before it started to haze ... the results are amazing! It definately left behind a "wet" look for on the black paint. For $15, it's the best topper wax I've tried yet!

final shot:

Hope this post was helpful to those interested in detailing!

Nadir
Old 04-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Mmm, fresh lobster

What does flexing do?

very nice job btw! Looks great.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:09 AM
Doctorate in Detailing

Thanks for the info and pics, nadir. That ZPC looks like it did a great job. I may have to order some. Did you apply it with a PC? Which pad did you use?

I'm partial to AIO and SG also, and I use the S100 as my 'everyday' wax. I just got some Natty's Blue but haven't tried it yet.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

do you have any close up shots of your hood and panel before & after the detailing session?
Old 04-23-2006, 03:37 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

"Flexing" just allows the polish to flex because motorcycle bodies are more prone to flex? Sorta like how there's 'flexible' paint... doesn't crack.

blu - I used LC yellow cutting pad @ setting 5.

I've heard alot about Natty's Blue wax ... it's definately on my list to order next! Apparently it's alot more wet than S100 on dark paints.

wario - I will get some pics for you of that. As far as before shots, the sunlight pic I posted was one of the panel before. I will take it again w/ the sun to show the "after".