Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

AA Motorsports In Lorton VA thread 3

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Under the radar

AA Motorsports In Lorton VA thread 3

First Thread:
posted july 9th 2008
-----I have a 1999 maxima that i dropped off to AA (not to be confused with altered atmosphere in md). They were to do the vq30de-k swap along with other odds and ends. I am currently still waiting on delivery of the car, so ill have to wait to give an honest opinion on the work.

My personal experience with them has been some what of a headache. When i left my car there (jun 5th), i was expecting a week to week and a half turn over time. We discussed the time frame, and I was quoted that my car would be done before june 21 for a local event.

Ive since then called numerous times to get updates, most of the time i get the voice mail and other times i get "we are still waiting on parts." I personally had to order some parts on jun 24th to get the ball rolling.

It will be coming up on week five this thursday and i still do not have my car back. I called them jul 7th and they said it should be done today. I called them jul 8th with no answer. This being my daily, im finding it more and more difficult to bum rides to and from work and other places.-------

Second thread:
posted july 31st 2008
The Above content has since been resolved almost 4 weeks ago. However I still do not have delivery on the car and was quoted the time to be about a week after jul 8th. They ran into a couple of hick-ups such as some parts that needed replaced, but again quoted "it shouldnt take more than a week."

My father made a personal visit to the shop to see the status on the car on 7-22-08. He had the same reply of a few days to button it up and modify the exhaust. Since that visit we have not been able to get into contact with them at the shop or on the owners personal cell phone. Tomorrow will make the 9th week my car has been there, now 4 weeks have been excused and that would make this week five. hardly the 1-2 week project i was looking for or for that matter "quoted". Ive also come across the BBB (Better Business Bureaus) report and found out they have 3 complaint against the shop. Ive had to cancel many plans and events for the summer.

Third thread:

After posting this info for the second time (see thread 2) i was contacted by the shop, and we had an agreement on delivering the car by wednesday august 6th, and if that where not met, the thread would go back up. My father and my self made a trip on wed aug 6th to check on progress and it appreared that there was alot more than just a days work left, but they assured us it would be complete. I have given them almost two weeks since then and still no car. I was contacted yesterday 8-11-08 and was told the main tech had an emergency and was at the hospital, but the car would be finished today 8-12-08. I called down to the shop today with no answer. At this point the thread will remain in place until i have delivery on the car.

I guess being from the country makes me a little to trusting, but i got burned bad this time.

From a time frame stand point I would only recommend this shop if you have another form of transportation for the season your car is being worked on.

Again this does not reflect on the work they do at the shop, I will have to wait on that.

Last edited by Max_Out; 08-12-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Under the radar

Called down to the shop today (8-13-08) reply was the main mechanic was back in the shop today, and car should be back tonight or tomorrow (8-14-08).

we will see...
Old 08-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Under the radar

called down at closing time, they told me should be done tomorrow morning...
Old 08-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Under the radar

Called mid afternoon and was promised a call back from the owner. Never happened. I tried to reach the shop multiple times afterward with no luck.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:12 PM

Man I hope these guys take care of this, this is one crappy way to treat a paying customer....
Old 08-14-2008, 07:09 PM

Colin, I really hope you get your car back soon. I feel bad for even telling you to bring it to AA Motorsports. I will do everything in my power to make sure when u get your car back that everything has been done right. We really should make a trip down there and just find out what the f**k is going on! Atif is known for making one excuse after another. I feel terrible because you haven't had ur car for like over half of the summer. Gimme a call tommorrow and we can find out just what the hell is going on.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by i30dvr
Colin, I really hope you get your car back soon. I feel bad for even telling you to bring it to AA Motorsports. I will do everything in my power to make sure when u get your car back that everything has been done right. We really should make a trip down there and just find out what the f**k is going on! Atif is known for making one excuse after another. I feel terrible because you haven't had ur car for like over half of the summer. Gimme a call tommorrow and we can find out just what the hell is going on.
I thought you were working at AA? When did you leave?
Old 08-14-2008, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Cutler
I thought you were working at AA? When did you leave?
I was....for only about 3 weeks until i realized that the place was a joke and did not want to be a part of it. Plus I wasn't getting paid.... so it was obvious i needed to move on.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:53 PM
Under the radar

Originally Posted by i30dvr

Hey justin, my dad and I are making a trip down there tomorrow. If you want to come, your more than welcome. I will give you a call regardless. I have a feeling though; if you atif and myself are all in the same room, a lot of issues will come to a head.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:39 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about that, If I were you I would demand that you get that car out of there ASAP. or WATCH them finish the job. If the motor is in and lined up it can't be that much more involved in getting it driveable, esp. if they did it as a unit from the bottom and the trans is already attached. Also, depending on how long they took and if they didn't sand bellhousing surfaces be prepared to add some grounds.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:16 AM

I would demand the car back today if it's at a stage of near completion....I would also pay with a Credit Card if possible. That way you have some recourse if need be...
Old 08-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Under the radar

I will be paying with the CC. Called the shop today, seems the phone has been disconnected. I called the owners cell, and he said that they kept getting the wrong fuel line so the car wont run right. He also said he'd call back tonight with an update. I never got a call, and i tried reaching him on the cell with no luck.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:40 PM

Time to get a rollback and go get the car. Sort it out yourself, honestly it can be done.....AA Motorsports sounds like a bunch of fail
Old 08-15-2008, 06:57 PM
Under the radar

Yeah that sounds good. I would have to find a shop to finish it up, but i do not have much money left to throw at another shop.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:51 PM

Are they that non-smart?
Old 08-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Under the radar

So we called the owner this morning. He told us that the car was done, just had to put the hood back on and wheels. We said well then we will go ahead and pick it up, he told us to wait for his call. My dad and my self made a trip anyway to find out the shop is closed, and nobody there. I dont want to bash anyone, but this is just one more lie this guy has told us.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:44 PM
The Whistle go WOOOOO

wow man... Now I know where NOT to take my car. Sounds insane... Sorry to hear about all of this. Good luck and keep us posted
Old 08-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Under the radar

Called the shop today no answer, as well as the owners cell phone. We contacted the mechanic, who said he did work saturday and there were some wiring issues preventing the car from starting. so it was a lie that the owner said that the mechanic was pulling the car out on saturday.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:25 AM

sorry Colin, my bad
Old 08-19-2008, 06:52 AM
Blown

I feel bad that you are getting jerked around. Do you know any more details other than it has a wiring issue? How much wiring really needs to be done with a de-k swap? Do you have a car dolly? I would offer to help you out but it sounds like it would require a little bit of work so bringing it to me would be the best bet. If you are interested PM me some more details about what's going on with the car.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Under the radar

sorry Colin, my bad
All good man.

Originally Posted by cardana24
I feel bad that you are getting jerked around. Do you know any more details other than it has a wiring issue? How much wiring really needs to be done with a de-k swap? Do you have a car dolly? I would offer to help you out but it sounds like it would require a little bit of work so bringing it to me would be the best bet. If you are interested PM me some more details about what's going on with the car.

The mechanic said, the safc was not getting power, which means the ecu was not getting power. I think thats kind of weird. Unless the cut the power wire i tapped into for the safc, then i dont know how the ECU is not getting power. Cardana ill keep in touch with you if i need some help, which is very likely. The problem is, icant afford to get my car towed 2 hours away, but ill let you know. Thank you.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:48 AM

Keep it in PM.....
Old 08-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Max_Out
I called the owners cell, and he said that they kept getting the wrong fuel line so the car wont run right.

honestly.

any update? I assume you don't have it back, because AA is doing the "work." Hell I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mechanics lien on the car and it's not yours anymore.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:33 AM
Under the radar

Originally Posted by Braineack

honestly.

any update? I assume you don't have it back, because AA is doing the "work." Hell I wouldn't be surprised if there was a mechanics lien on the car and it's not yours anymore.
jumping to another forum to check up. I can assure you the mods will not delete this thread because it tells the truth, hence why im not on vadriven anymore.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Max_Out
jumping to another forum to check up. I can assure you the mods will not delete this thread because it tells the truth, hence why im not on vadriven anymore.

I'm actually surprised this thread hasn't been deleted yet : http://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251688

Ever since I've ever frequented that shop I had nothing but bad vibes from it, be it the 15+ unlocked parked cars without motors and full of new expensive parts, the lack of intelligent mechanics/tuners, or the drama associated with atif and his goons...one thing is for sure, i'll never step foot back there ever again.

I hope you get your car back soon, but I highly doubt it. I feel bad for the feller with his miata parked out front. Dropped it off for a 6-sp tranny swap, they blew his engine. Said his timing belt slipped when he started it back up and messed up the valves. (Funny, the miata motor is non-interference.) Been there since last August, all they had to do now was replace the head (not that it will fix blown rings from their joyride). They haven't touched it since your thread and we called them out on it. They proceeded to show us that they changed the ARP headstuds, the first work on any kind in months. In the photo it also showed how his cylinder walls are now completely rusted out from sitting so long exposed in the elements, but after we pointed that out, marcus deleted the image, then the thread got deleted completely.

My advice for you would be to get the car out, be it through the courts or stealing it back...just get it back and find a competant shop to finish the job.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:31 AM

Thank God I am doing my own 6-speed swap in my gayata
Old 08-28-2008, 12:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Seems that this place was nothing but trouble from the beginning...

http://forums.maxima.org/washington-...rsports-2.html
Old 08-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thank God I am doing my own 6-speed swap in my gayata
11 bolts on the bell housing, 4 on the upper shift boot, 3 on lower boot, 3 on the PPF, 4 on the driveshaft, nuetral switch and reverse switch, speedo gear....it's not hard.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

so no update?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:53 PM

11 bolts on the bell housing, 4 on the upper shift boot, 3 on lower boot, 3 on the PPF, 4 on the driveshaft, nuetral switch and reverse switch, speedo gear....it's not hard.
Done it before...the main thing that is gay is the location of the bolts on the bellhousing. I need to get a 36" extension

I can't wait to put my 3.63s in
Old 08-31-2008, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster
Seems that this place was nothing but trouble from the beginning...

http://forums.maxima.org/washington-...rsports-2.html
It doesn't seem like a good place to do business with based on the facts presented.....
Old 09-01-2008, 08:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252510

gotta love atif.

forums are not a place to discuss vendors, only the BB and local consumer groups...okay?!
Old 09-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Under the radar

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252510

gotta love atif.

forums are not a place to discuss vendors, only the BB and local consumer groups...okay?!

No of course not, what else would the vendor review be used for? (sarcasm smile needed). Seems that is only the case on VADriven.

ive never had such problems on:

NICO
MDStreetscene
NYCMaxima
JDMU
Ramenstar (very small forum thats not around anymore)
or here

seems VADriven has some issues with rules and/or mods that are to immature for the job.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Under the radar

bump just as a warning to stay away from this guy!