Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Avoid Chase Nissan in Davis,CA

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2001, 12:43 PM

Avoid Chase Nissan in Davis,CA

If you read my post about Davis Nissan a few years back on this forum, you know how I hated that dealership, which was full of incompetent salespeople, service managers, and mechanics.

Well, a few years have passed and the dealership was sold and renovated as Chase Nissan. The staff is new too.

So last week I decided to get my free multipoint inspection, courtesy of Nissan car care month. It was on a Friday. My headlights have been out of alignment for months now, and no adjustment of the aiming screws have proved useful (DON'T post aiming info for me, I've read it a hundred times already). I also decided to test drive an Altima for the free wristwatch.

So I testdrove the Altima, got the paper signed, and went back to service to pick up my car. They told me which part numbers I needed for the headlight supports, and wanted to charge TWO hours for labor. I said just give me the part numbers.

So I drove away, thinking I had a pretty good dealer experience. Until I got home. I opened the hood to check my oil, and noticed the dealer had removed my air intake duct/resonator assembly and didn't put it back in! That was okay, since I have the JWT cone. I called the dealer and they said come in on Monday. I went back on Monday morning, and it took them over 30 minutes to find the part back for me, and they had lost the mounting screws. I said I should get back what I drove in with, so where are the screws and bolts? The service manager said, well if you want those you need to leave your car for the day while we reinstall the duct/resonator assembly. I said, why not just go find the parts for me, or order them for me. They said they can't do that. I was pretty ****ed off. At that point, I realized I would rather spend $5 on screws and bolts later on than deal with the idiot service manager and his incompetent technicians. When I asked why they did not give me back the part last Friday, the service manager said that they forgot to put it back in. Ridiculous.

But that's not all. Last week a friend of mine took his 2k Sentra in for an oil change at Chase Nissan. They forgot to put the oil cap back on, and he had an engine fire on his drive home! The dealership towed his car, changed the oil again, and steam cleaned the engine. I went back with him to the dealership and we demanded written documentation of this incident, and a compression test of the engine. After threatening to contact the Nissan factory rep, the dealership did the compression test, but did not provide a printout of the results. How do we know they even did it? I dunno.

In either case, I tried to give Chase Nissan a chance, but they botched things up again. Incompetent Nissan dealers!