Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Poor service at Nissan

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2001, 12:19 PM
sixman

Our daughter's 2000 Sentra had a problem with the A/C quiting after driving for about two hours. SHe called Auffenburg NIssan, O'Fallon IL (where car was purchased). Service manager told her that unless he could duplicate the problem, he could not work on it. Our daughter told him to do that, he would have to take it out on the highway for several, something he said he could not do. She then mentioned that the NHTSA WEB site has a TSB about an A/C problem with the 2000 Sentra, but his response was that unless he had an official NIssan SB, he did not care what was on some WEB site. BTW, he did not check his computer to see if the one our daughter mentioned was on hand.

She then called Jack Schmitt Nissan in Alton IL. The service manager knew exactly what she was talking about, said he would order the part and set up an appointment. Looks like her service, and the serive for my 2K Maxima may be changing dealers.

I followed up with Auffenburg. Service manager told me the same song and dance about duplicating the problem. I asked hil about the SB. He looked it up after being asked twice more. While reading it he noted it said. "...after sitting for about 30 minutes, the problem disapears, but reoccurs after driving for about 1-2 hours at highway speeds. Normal troubleshooting cannot pinpoint problem." Goes on to say what needs to be replaced. Finally the service manager said he guessed they needed to replace the parts. Now he is waiting for our daughter to bring the car in to fix the problem the other dealer has already fixed.

Old 07-13-2001, 01:02 PM

typical nissan