Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Nissan Service SUCKS

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 11:08 AM

Nissan Service SUCKS

As many of you all know, Nissan SUCKS with service. What is the most stupid thing Nissan Service has ever told you? A couple months back I took my 04 SE in because there was a rattle coming from the rear, most likely the stock subwoofers. I took it in, and they stated "Pen stuck in rear subwoofer. Pen Removed. No Rattle." I don't understand how you find a pen in there, because I will never and do never carry a pen in my Maxima. How can you lie about something to avoid fixing it? It still rattles to this day.

Well, in return for the ****ty service Nissan gives me, the loaner Murano and Altimas get a beating from me. Next time I get the Murano, I'm taking it into a very muddy area, and handing it back muddy as hell to them. They are bastards and suck. And if I get an Altima..the front tires will be bald.

Under warranty (which also sucks), I requested the chrome roof strips be replaced. They said ok (because they were very dull). On the sheet I got when I picked my Maxima up, it said Chrome Roof Strips..nothing at all, and them scumbags didn't replace it. I'm at 38k right now, and Nissan has a terrible warranty. I am going to hopefully get an extended one when my lease is up...or trade her in.

If you want a great quality product, sure, buy a Nissan. But if you want quality & excellent service, buy a Mercedes. I had to take my Mercedes in one time because of a computer error, and I got a nice Mercedes C280 4Matic loaner for the night. :-)
Old 04-10-2007, 11:14 AM

http://forums.maxima.org/forumdisplay.php?f=13
Old 04-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I hate to say this but it's not Nissan, it's your DEALER. My dealer is great, does all the warranty work I ask for, loaners, awesome service. The Merc dealer by us sucks for service. What it comes down to is who works at that particular dealership and how they treat customers.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:21 PM

yo seriously...i goto star nissan and they are awsome...some of the best guys there...you might wanna think about going to a new dealership.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:27 PM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by Defiant_Max04
As many of you all know, Nissan SUCKS with service. What is the most stupid thing Nissan Service has ever told you? A couple months back I took my 04 SE in because there was a rattle coming from the rear, most likely the stock subwoofers. I took it in, and they stated "Pen stuck in rear subwoofer. Pen Removed. No Rattle." I don't understand how you find a pen in there, because I will never and do never carry a pen in my Maxima. How can you lie about something to avoid fixing it? It still rattles to this day.

Well, in return for the ****ty service Nissan gives me, the loaner Murano and Altimas get a beating from me. Next time I get the Murano, I'm taking it into a very muddy area, and handing it back muddy as hell to them. They are bastards and suck. And if I get an Altima..the front tires will be bald.

Under warranty (which also sucks), I requested the chrome roof strips be replaced. They said ok (because they were very dull). On the sheet I got when I picked my Maxima up, it said Chrome Roof Strips..nothing at all, and them scumbags didn't replace it. I'm at 38k right now, and Nissan has a terrible warranty. I am going to hopefully get an extended one when my lease is up...or trade her in.

If you want a great quality product, sure, buy a Nissan. But if you want quality & excellent service, buy a Mercedes. I had to take my Mercedes in one time because of a computer error, and I got a nice Mercedes C280 4Matic loaner for the night. :-)
Yeah, it's your dealership. I had to learn the hard way not all dealerships are created equal.

Also, get some Mother's Billet Chrome polish, those chrome strips will look brand new guaranteed. Worked magic on mines.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:58 PM

My Nissan dealer is very good, had brake pulsation and they put new pads and turned the rotors, did a nice neat job. Ford dealers are another story, i traded a POS 06 mustang because of the horrible quality and the flat out refusal from 3 different Ford dealers to do warranty work. Also, sometimes you get crappy treatment if you walk in and act like a ****, and defiant max sounds like one to me. Who doesnt carry a pen in their car? What kind of clown beats up loaners to get even? Sounds like you are asking for your poor treatment because of your ****ty attitude. Dork.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:01 PM

I'll echo the sentiments of Nietzsche, in that I have absolutely zero probelems with my dealer. They're a replacement dealer for a longtime franchise that dropped NISSAN from their stable, selling it off to this other local group (Fred Beans of Doylestown).

Though they started out a bit flakey when they first took over the dealership, they've been great ever since. I give them nothing but high marks for everything they do, and that's hard to beat since the old dealership was great too (Thompson).

Harry
Old 04-10-2007, 03:09 PM

I never had any problems with my dealer when I had my maxima. And they were mod friendly.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:27 PM

The dealers around me sux!!!

Anyone from the Raleigh, NC area can tell you - Southern States in Apex and Raleigh service is not good. No loaners, nothing. I haven't tried Michael Jordan Nissan yet.
Old 04-10-2007, 04:34 PM

wha????

there's a Michael Jordan Nissan???? Dam!!!!

Zargon - what nissan did you go to???? I need a mod friendly stealership....
Old 04-10-2007, 04:58 PM
SmokinMaxSE

No bad stories yet.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:03 PM
briancopeland

CORPORATE Vs. Family Owned

BIG difference! Find a dealer that works for you. If you don't have more than one, BUY an Acura!

Old 04-10-2007, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U
wha????

there's a Michael Jordan Nissan???? Dam!!!!

Zargon - what nissan did you go to???? I need a mod friendly stealership....

I went to Scottsdale Nissan. They replaced my struts under warranty even though i was lowered on eibachs, and they thought my exhaust and CAI were "cool". I know the dealership has changed hands since then, so I'm not sure if they will still be like that.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by briancopeland

BIG difference! Find a dealer that works for you. If you don't have more than one, BUY an Acura!
I don't think that has anything to do with it, and what does buying an Acura solve.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:53 PM

we just got our Maxima and I've not really dealt with the dealer much yet, except to have an extra key made, but I wasn't impressed w/ the service there yet. Hopefully that will change here in the future
Old 04-10-2007, 09:52 PM

Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa is very very nice. Spend many unneeded visits there, but very good. Too bad they don't give out loaner for warranty services. But I can get by with the shuttle. I didn't pay for Lexus, so I wouldn't feel too bad. Too bad I will take out-of-warranty works to my regular mechanic. Just bought a 2007Murano SL from Tustin Nissan. Don't know their service yet. I've seen Honda and Toyota dealers asking for maintenance records to carry on in-warranty repairs. They even tried to sell me minor/major services and made me feel uncomfortable. So it's the dealer, try to find a good one.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:57 PM

rofl @ people who don't know how the car business works
Old 04-10-2007, 10:59 PM

Nissan has by far the worst service....ever!!!!!! at least in Illinois. I've been to 4 different dealers and every one of them sucks! I don't even know where to start with the problems I've had with the dealer (might have to start a new thread for that one b/c there are tooooo many to list). I've made numerous complaints with Nissan's corporate office and this will be the last Nissan I ever buy. I love the cars, but hate the service. My next car will definitely NOT be a Nissan and will be selling my car veeery soon!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:28 AM
aka The Doom Ship

Originally Posted by briancopeland

There may me some truth to that. The first dealership I went to in Texas was a family owned one, North Texas Nissan. My Maxima will NEVER NEVER EVER see that lot again. Liars from the salesman all the way up. At least that was my experience.

My experience at Bankston Nissan in Lewisville redeemed the Nissan name for me. I've experienced so much bad service from dealerships in Maryland and Texas I was giving up on Nissans all together.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:37 AM

Xbone, your calling the original poster a 'dork' doesn't make you any better than him and his trashing of rentals.
I empathize with both of you.

I have horrible service and salesmanship from my Nissan dealership in one area, and horrible customer service from the one I actualy bought my car from. But their service department is great. I even take my service gentleman (Vance) doughnuts whenever I can.

Nissan 6,
Thanks for your valuable input! You always have something MEANINGFUL for this forum!
Old 04-12-2007, 06:21 AM

People still take their cars into Nissan for service ??
Old 04-20-2007, 05:16 PM

you are 100 percent right about that
Old 05-04-2007, 10:45 AM

stealerships
Old 06-10-2007, 09:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

for the guys that have checked out bankston nissan, is that the one at lbj freeway/welch road? i'm looking into a max there and was wondering if anyone had experience with the folks there.

regards,
mike