Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Good and bad shops in Charlotte, NC

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2001, 10:40 AM

There are lots of rips off in this city. People are very rich (except me) so they don't care spending $300 or $3,000 just to replace the brake pads. This has encouraged many dishonest gargages.

Thumbs UP: Superior Nissan in 9215 South Blvd. (1) They don't overcharge. (2) They do their job right. I usually do my own maintenance unless there is something beyond my capacity. This is the Nissan service I will trust.

Thumbs down 1: S&M AutoPaint and Body shop in 12428 Downs Road, Pineville, NC. www.smautobody.com. The minute I walked in, they started to look at me like I'm an innocent person that doesn't know a squat about cars. Extremely overpriced. What they tell you is solely towards their advantage, period. I had to rushed out their door, jumped into my car and raced off their parking lot.

Thumbs down 2: Maaco on South Blvd (near junction of Archdale). They painted my Honda. The paint is fine but the fender they replace and the flip head light are not aligned with the rest of the body. When the engine hood close, it bang on the flip head light. When I first got back my car from them, I almost cry. I ended up taking all the screws apart and align everything on my own. I can get the light and the fender aligned bare hands and nobody can tell my car was in accident. I can't believe they can't do it.

just my $0.02

regards.
Old 07-08-2001, 03:13 PM
Maximata

Your right about..

Superior Nissan, They changed the rotors & put the cover for the fan blower with out giving me any BS unlike Carmax in Greenville, S.C.

Old 07-26-2001, 09:34 AM

Superior Nissan

Well, they were the ones that I used to go to. I have MAJOR problems with Concord Nissan(since I lived on Harris Blvd, they were close to me) so I started going to Superior Nissan UNTILL, the battery on my 99 SE died in late March this year. It had died in Rock Hill so I had called the local dealer there and they had said that they would replace it under warranty. After coming back home I called Superior and they wanted 75% of the cost of the battery as I was in my 3rd year of warranty. Guess What!!! I called Harrelson Nissan in Rock Hill and talked to George (service manager) and told him to check all his documentation to see whether he really can get me the battery under warranty. He infact DID replace the battery for FREE!!!! So, I stopped going to Superior Nissan. I go to Harrelson Nissan now. The new owners are better than the old Burns Nissan ones.
Old 09-26-2002, 08:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Custom Paint and Body

If y'all need body work done you gotta go to Custom Paint and Body on S. Tryon. It's owned by this guy Hadi who's real cool, keeps it real and he's got a good eye. Really upfont about what needs to be done and breaks down everything. Got the business card at work...if I can find it I'll post the # and address. I went to S&M body and wasn't impressed at all. Custom Paint had my $$$ from the first time I set foot in their shop.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

y'all know of anywhere besides the dealer that's good? need to get my belts and rear brakes done and wanna see if i can get good quality work somewhere for a lil less loot.