Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Bad news on Nissan warranty work....VERY ANGRY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 04:29 PM

Bad news on Nissan warranty work....VERY ANGRY!!!

Shimmy, came back they said tires are out of round.....brand new tires with 600 mighway miles on them....2 weeks old so I call it BS. The roof trim came in bent so they have to re-order the trim, that is still not fixed. Seat belt fixed in the rear so I can use it now and lower the seat. Paint peeling off the front bumper, they took pics and sent them to Nissan USA for evaluation if it will be taken care of. They want me to pick the car up tomorrow, I told them keep the car until it is fixed. 45 minute drive just to get there and getting a loaner is like pulling teeth. Service girl told me they checked all the TSB's and the car is OK. She said there is no Nissan TSB for shimmy, gave her the TSB numbers for the shimmy, and trans problem. She was surprised I got them so quick. Man, getting pretty pissed right now. All this crap and I get just a fixed seat belt. They still want me to bring the loner back tomorrow and pick the car up. Hell, I miss the car, they have had it for 2 days and still had to call them for an update. 2nd Nissan dealer I have worked with....and this is the best of them. What to do what to do. Car had 20K miles on it. I know the tires are perfect, no way out of round, car has not been parked much in 2 weeks. Not knowing and saying Nissan knows nothing about shimmy. Told them to check the suspention, she said how could your wheel shimmy be connected with suspention......AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Then said check the struts, she said OK, but what to struts have to do with anything. I have been owned like no other. This sucks. But hey, I got a seat belt that works in the back seat.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:42 PM
* THIS SPACE FOR RENT *

Safety always comes first..... that sux dude but rant and get er done or see if you can get nissan rep to get involved 1-800-nissan1
Old 07-12-2006, 07:46 PM

welcome back carcus!! things must have been really good in greenland/iceland?? (meaning people being nice)
so now u go back to a US dealer........ again welcome back!!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by carcus
Shimmy, came back they said tires are out of round.....brand new tires with 600 mighway miles on them....2 weeks old so I call it BS. The roof trim came in bent so they have to re-order the trim, that is still not fixed. Seat belt fixed in the rear so I can use it now and lower the seat. Paint peeling off the front bumper, they took pics and sent them to Nissan USA for evaluation if it will be taken care of. They want me to pick the car up tomorrow, I told them keep the car until it is fixed. 45 minute drive just to get there and getting a loaner is like pulling teeth. Service girl told me they checked all the TSB's and the car is OK. She said there is no Nissan TSB for shimmy, gave her the TSB numbers for the shimmy, and trans problem. She was surprised I got them so quick. Man, getting pretty pissed right now. All this crap and I get just a fixed seat belt. They still want me to bring the loner back tomorrow and pick the car up. Hell, I miss the car, they have had it for 2 days and still had to call them for an update. 2nd Nissan dealer I have worked with....and this is the best of them. What to do what to do. Car had 20K miles on it. I know the tires are perfect, no way out of round, car has not been parked much in 2 weeks. Not knowing and saying Nissan knows nothing about shimmy. Told them to check the suspention, she said how could your wheel shimmy be connected with suspention......AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Then said check the struts, she said OK, but what to struts have to do with anything. I have been owned like no other. This sucks. But hey, I got a seat belt that works in the back seat.
HA!.. i heard the same Cr@p about the tires being out of round as well. I've dealt with THREE dealers now to get my shimmy fixed on my 04 for the past 11 months! I'm now dealing with the first dealer where i bought the car, but under new ownership and they're unable to determine what the issue is (after aving two TSB's done for it and a new steering rack assembly). There is also another Regional Manager involved (this now being the 2nd one) and i'm in a loaner from the dealership where some people from Nissan apparently flew from wherever it is to look into the issue with my Maxima.

Good luck with your shimmy! (as well as your other problems)
Old 07-13-2006, 04:18 AM
RVC
Donating Maxima.org Member

Yeah, mine has the shimmy amoung a long list (about 15) other problems. I have to say my Maxima is the poorest quality vehicle I have ever owned and I have had 28. I would do anything to go back in time and get my 02' back. Well I ahave been batteling with Nissan and my crappy dealer and my lawyer finally called and Nissan may be offering me a settlement soon under the Virginia Lemon Law. A long process. But good luck with your car and getting it fixed. The squeaky wheel gets the grease!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:26 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

after working for them for about a year now....i more and more realize how sh*#ty nissan is. for both there quality and there service.

But hey on the bright side the new $16,000 versa is a nice car, it even has soft touch leather armrest on each door, where my $35,000 maxima has hard cheap plastics.

Old 07-13-2006, 10:13 AM

"I have to say my Maxima is the poorest quality vehicle I have ever owned and I have had 28."

I've owned over 20 new cars/trucks, including five Nissans - three Maximas (96, 00, and 05). My 05 is the best of the bunch, and has spent far less time at the dealer than any car I've owned.

Your experience, while frustrating, is NOT represenative of either the brand or model.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:24 PM

I had the shimmy and it finally went away after they took the tires and rims off a brand new 05 SL on the lot and put them on my 04 and the shimmy has been solved. My guess is its somewhere in your new rims or tires. Sorry.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:56 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Hold on. you guys mentioned some TSB with transmission and steering rack. Can someone elaborate. I have my steering wheel make a clicking noise every time I go over holes or grooves on the highway. I went to the stealer and they can't see anything wrong. Bunch of BS. Someone please elaborate on the transmission and steering issues mentioned. PLEASE!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by logik05se
But hey on the bright side the new $16,000 versa is a nice car, it even has soft touch leather armrest on each door, where my $35,000 maxima has hard cheap plastics.

Yeah, what's up with that? And the "suede" door panels?? WTF? They could have at least used some good imitation leather on there, right?
Old 08-01-2006, 06:54 PM
Ichiban King

look at my signature.. SHIFT_2.0 is FTMFL. Carlos Ghosn may have saved Nissan but now he's on a rampage to make a bunch of money at the cost of the quality (excluding the 350z for the most part, but they have a few problems as well). Fortunately Infiniti's quality hasn't seemed to waver at all, they're amazing to this day.

good luck.