Dealership and Vendor Experiences Let other Maxima owners, or potential Maxima owners, which dealerships and shops you've had good or bad luck with.

Custom maxima......horrilbe way to do business

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 03:15 PM

Custom maxima......horrilbe way to do business

To be more specific, the owner Greg is a horrible business man and a liar especially. So I call him and ask him about his 8500k HID kit and I spoke to him and everything sounded smooth but I asked him one question where he lied and I found out when I got the HID kit. So I'm talking to him and I ask him; "is the ballast a Hella brand ballast?" and he answers "yup its a hella ballast". I say great I'll buy it and I sent him a paypal payment for $406.00 shipped....in my mind this was too good to be true for custom maxima but I said maybe it could be. Wrong.....next day I get the package open it up and guess what its a fuken Soya ballast with Soya bulbs, I'm like what a d!ck so I call him and tell what was the brand you told me yesterday and he's like they're all the same, a ballast is a ballast....I'm like thinking there is a reason why one is made in Germany and the other is made in God knows where. So I didn't even bother having an arguement so I just said I want a refund give me an RA number and I wasn't gong to pay a re-stocking fee for him lying to me. So he gave my full refund because he knew he fuked up. This is the second time this happens I am never going to deal with him again.....he's a horrible business man and a great liar. Beware seek your products elsewhere!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 06:05 PM

So he calls later on the night since he read the thread. He apologized greatly and told me that he would take care of me next time I ordered. He himself would process my order and package it. Lets see how that goes. I just hope the next time everything goes smooth.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:01 AM

Black2000maxima- expect a call tonight to apologize to you.

Greg I know you're reading this and I know thats why you called me last night. Look I am not alone, there are other people who are not happy with your service. Yes you get good reviews but its usually small stuff where you can't mess up. Now thinking about it I don't want to even give you a chance, hope sales go well and you can shove your company up your ***! Don't call my house if you do I'll take a 40 minute drive and speak to you personally. This is the end of the line with custommaxima.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:35 AM

Its because he sucks. I just hope people read this and go to other companies or people such as 97Maxgurl or MaxMojo who are honest people and have respect for buyers. Like I said before....seek you products elsewere before even thinking of talking to Greg oh yeah I say Greg since he's the only guy who can help out at that company, from what I read his customer service sucks....they're probably a bunch of his friends who needed jobs.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:54 AM

You complain about not getting something for free. Then when he gives you something you complain some more?? You said that he should give out something more than a twenty-five cent sticker, and he did. I don't get it. He did what you wanted him to. Is it just because he didn't give you something that you liked?
Old 07-16-2003, 06:46 AM

Well guys this thread is about a complete different thing. If there is a problem with Greg not showing customer appreciation start a new thread.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:35 AM

Originally posted by vabeachmax
You complain about not getting something for free. Then when he gives you something you complain some more?? You said that he should give out something more than a twenty-five cent sticker, and he did. I don't get it. He did what you wanted him to. Is it just because he didn't give you something that you liked?
Just to clear things up here,....Greg sent my package OVERNITE. I just recieved it,and he threw in a few goodies for me. So as u can see my original posts are deleted.
Old 07-16-2003, 08:55 PM

damn d thats harsh but i guess u have a very good point. good sh*t man
Old 07-16-2003, 11:08 PM
lcf

Eh, you got your refund. STFU now... who cares.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:26 AM

Originally posted by lcf
Eh, you got your refund. STFU now... who cares.
You got something better to do. I mean I wrote this and Greg calls right after, you know he ****ed up. I wrote this so people can be aware of the way he handles his business.
Old 07-19-2003, 10:21 PM

That is something that is really horrible to do to a customer.
Greg will always hae the 4th gen cause they are easy to market than 3rd gen. I am staying way way far away from cust.maxima.

Why can t people do good business,>/>? the more you cheat and lie the sooner that co goes out of business. For those who actually care about the maxima.org comminity like ange and mojo, those are the type who is really gonna succeed.
Old 07-20-2003, 07:23 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

even if there was a refund, Diego was told what he was buying was one thing and what he actually bought was something else, its not a matter of CM shiiping the wrong product, they shipped the right product but lied about the brand.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:08 AM

Exactly, somebody who understands, maybe because you own your own internet retail store.

Originally posted by N34JZ
even if there was a refund, Diego was told what he was buying was one thing and what he actually bought was something else, its not a matter of CM shiiping the wrong product, they shipped the right product but lied about the brand.
Old 07-20-2003, 08:21 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

no matter how he trys to explain that he cant, he told you they were Hella ballasts
its not like he had hella but sent you other ones by mistake, he never had the Hella parts that he told you you were buying. Then he had the nerve to say " they're all the same, a ballast is a ballast..." bs
Old 07-22-2003, 08:41 PM

D-sta has every right to get mad......

Its not right for a company to lie to there customers just to make a sale. I would be very mad aswel if I would get something that isnt what the customer rep said it would be.

I was going to buy front and rear clears from custommaxima.com but now im having doubts, since not only d-sta had a bad expierence but many other members at the org.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:13 AM

Look, clears are something he can't mess up on, unless he doesn't have them in stock and tells you he does. But I'm sure you can seek those anywhere else for the same price or even better.

Originally posted by HopingForAmax
D-sta has every right to get mad......

Its not right for a company to lie to there customers just to make a sale. I would be very mad aswel if I would get something that isnt what the customer rep said it would be.

I was going to buy front and rear clears from custommaxima.com but now im having doubts, since not only d-sta had a bad expierence but many other members at the org.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:39 PM

yep clears are clears. there is no way to botch that up. but saying something i s a brand and mailing something else is totally wrong. If you have something for sale and then take the money and then say oh back ordered that is also wrong and bad business and a waste of time, which is the case with RPMOutlet.com with the 3rd gen UDP. Any ways rely on those with great org standings. Those with good solid reputations. CustomMaxima had allegedly taken pics of other org members maxima from the cardomian site and used it for his personal use and profit with out consent of the owners.